• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3946 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
123Jackpot

Last Man Standing Puzzle Comp - 1st One Million Poe - 2nd Sea Horse Reply to this Post

The Last Man Standing Event December 22nd

Jobbing starts at noon. We sail at one pm game time.

First Prize: One million poe
Second Prize: unnamed atl SH

Disclaimer: If you don't like it shut up and make your own event.

Edit in Rules:

Entry fee 1 poe.
The poe is for my own person profit.

How it works:

<>I will swabbie a GF around the ocean.
<>People will be given two LPs to ramp up.
<>At each LP anyone that does not score INC will planked.
<>The second to last one remaining will win an unnamed atlantean sea horse.
<>The last man standing will win 1 million poes.

We will begin jobbing promptly at noon game time and leave promptly at 1pm game time. (To find game time type /info)

We will be jobbing under evading and switch to swabbie. Disclaimer: We may job onto one ship and have you move to the GF once in crew.

This is for all stations. (but guns)

In an attempt to be fair (which won't be possible with the amount of cheating that goes on these days)
there are requirements for stations:
experience min: broad
rank min: renowned

For the Dnav spot - simply be meet the requirements and be the first person to claim it here. (even though I don't think anyone will want it)

Rules:

1. Stations are first come first serve
2. Other than my helpers, lazers will be planked
3. People that spam chat will be planked
4. People that I really don't like will be planked at any time (you know who you are, if you're not sure you're fine)
5. Once we sail if you leave your station you will be planked
6. After two LPs if you do not get INC you will be planked
7. If you D/C you will be planked.

IF we reach the end of our voyage and there isn't a winner, then we will go into overtime.

Overtime:
We switch to a smaller ship and go to a close flot, smh type thing.
The sail over will not count.
Once we enter we will stay in the safe zone.
You will be given one FULL duty report to ramp up.
The next duty report only top stations will remain.
If only one station was left (like lets say idk bilge) the top two are the winners.
If there is more than one station left, then only the tops will stay to puzzle until they drop. (Non INCs will be planked until we have a winner.)
If (I know it's very unlikely) dnav has not been eliminated when we reach overtime they will be awarded 2nd place.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread but fair warning I don't come to the forums often, so don't expect a prompt reply.
----------------------------------------
Jackpot, Queen of Snatched

How to get Immy to stop perving you:
Ye told Imrans, "and licking my hairy boobs"
Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
Imrans tells ye, "shu shu! eww"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by 123Jackpot at Dec 16, 2012 9:06:58 PM]
[Dec 6, 2012 8:00:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: Last Man Standing Puzzle Comp - 1st One Million Poe - 2nd Sea Horse Reply to this Post

Love it Jacky!
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Dec 6, 2012 10:44:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Appz

Re: Last Man Standing Puzzle Comp - 1st One Million Poe - 2nd Sea Horse Reply to this Post

Good to see player run Puzzling tournaments, very good idea Jack :)
Adolph on Emerald.
Can't you tell, I'm a Sardinez Fanboi.
[Dec 6, 2012 11:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skinnymonkey

Great event. But is there any plan to weed out bots? Or is that a risk participants have to undertake?

I understand that the screening should remove some shady characters. However, I've also observed that there are some botters with above broad/renowned in standings.

It's just a shame if legitimate participants lose out to people who switch on a program and walk away.

Disclaimer: I don't know how bots work and assume they can score straight increds, if they can't then my question is moot.

Edit: Question answered in-game. In the interest of not letting botters "game" the solution, I won't be publicly posting the solution.
Skinnymonkey
Twisted Parallax
Want to be my friend? :(
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skinnymonkey at Dec 7, 2012 6:47:28 PM]
[Dec 7, 2012 6:18:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thylawrence2

I really like the idea, but something tells me this competition may either take a very, very long time or not complete at all. Yes, even with overtime.

There are many puzzlers out there (I don't count myself among them) who literally CANNOT score below incredible once they get started. One does not have to go very far to find them; if even just three of these people show up then the competition will never finish.

If there is more than one station left, then only the tops will stay to puzzle until they drop. (Non INCs will be planked until we have a winner.)

If I understand correctly, this tiebreaker will be held in a controlled "safe-zone" environment that takes 10 full minutes to show a DR. This makes it even harder for these competitors to drop to excellent to break the tie, as the score is an average of the whole 10 minutes of puzzling, not a "freak accident" in which for maybe 30 seconds anyone of those puzzlers might drop to a high excellent. Also, the DRs would come in at a very slow rate, basically 10 minutes each. If a million DRs occurred, it would be likely that a massive "freak accident" might occur in which somebody DID drop from incredible to an average excellent over the ten minutes. But at this rate, only a small number of DRs can be made in that amount of time. To put it into perspective: Say each top stationer has a 5% chance at dropping to exc in the 10 minute segment (which is quite generous for those elite players). It would take at least 20 DRs, or 200 minutes of puzzling, for this to happen once. The problem could be alleviated by having the tiebreaker continue in the normal fashion, only on a smaller ship (so as to get more DRs and increase the chances of "freak accidents", or by simply dividing up the poe prize among all the top stationers after a certain amount of attempts to break the tie have failed. I don't know what would happen to the seahorse, though.

Just my two poe. ^_^
All about Tothemoonn! of the Emerald Ocean

Artistic rendition of my face and upper body by the superbly skilled Xioch!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by thylawrence2 at Dec 8, 2012 1:06:16 AM]
[Dec 8, 2012 1:01:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

I don't know what would happen to the seahorse, though.

I have a very sharp skull dagger. I would not mind cutting it up into pieces so all the winners could have it!
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 8, 2012 7:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Tothemoonn I don't think you're right, I don't even think we'll go into overtime.

Do you know how long it takes to sail around this ocean? People may be amazingly good at puzzling but that doesn't mean they don't get tired.

I think your concerns are unwarranted.

It's just a million poe no one is going to puzzle 8 hours for it.

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 8, 2012 8:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Tothemoonn I don't think you're right, I don't even think we'll go into overtime.

Do you know how long it takes to sail around this ocean? People may be amazingly good at puzzling but that doesn't mean they don't get tired.

Does that mean I won't have to cut that Ippo in half? :/
[Dec 8, 2012 8:31:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Does that mean I won't have to cut that Ippo in half? :/

Be awesome if you could like little those cheesy heart necklaces XD

otherwise SHs are so useless

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 123Jackpot at Dec 8, 2012 8:42:11 AM]
[Dec 8, 2012 8:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hardrockers

Love it, I shall be there!
SO of Eye for an Eye
Prince of Blind Indifference
[Dec 8, 2012 9:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thylawrence2

True, I didn't really consider fatigue when I suggested this, or in the calculations. Hopefully the above will be the case.

Either way, I was just pointing out a scenario that I thought everyone should be aware of... if I sounded offensive I didn't mean to do so.
All about Tothemoonn! of the Emerald Ocean

Artistic rendition of my face and upper body by the superbly skilled Xioch!
[Dec 8, 2012 12:04:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

True, I didn't really consider fatigue when I suggested this, or in the calculations. Hopefully the above will be the case.

Either way, I was just pointing out a scenario that I thought everyone should be aware of... if I sounded offensive I didn't mean to do so.

I didn't think it was offensive, just a bit silly.

Let me be clear though this is an endurance comp. It goes until it ends. I have a four day weekend - I'm extremely confident that will be enough time.

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 8, 2012 12:20:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cartrunner

I didn't think it was offensive, just a bit silly.

Let me be clear though this is an endurance comp. It goes until it ends. I have a four day weekend - I'm extremely confident that will be enough time.

I might take you up on that dnav slot. I'm up for a challenge and need to shake some rust. That or sails, dunno.
Ye told Hera, "eggspammer."
Ye told Hera, "reported."
Hera tells ye, "<3"

Aurorakim tells ye, "you're my new hero"
[Dec 8, 2012 7:10:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Maddenboy

If I could be sure that I would win it I would xD but I am no good at keepin constant inc. At one point i might have been able to with Patching but I havn't done it in ages lol gl with it tho Jackpot xD

~Falconsduel
Falconsduel on Emerald
Currenty a SO In
Toemoesh's Angels
Ocasionaly exploring other oceans
[Dec 9, 2012 4:31:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

I might be way off base here, but I didn't think there were many puzzle freaks left.
Over the years I've noticed less and less people that like to just puzzle for hours and hours. SMHs used to be full of them, now there's just a handful.
The only people that come to mind off the top of my head are Lolomokika and Ghandii. (PS IMO Lolomokika is the best SMH jobber of all time.)

Really the prizes are for short bursts of puzzles or what I call trick puzzling. The goal is to get a very high INC and it's only needed for a short period of time.
There aren't many rewards for being able to sustain an INC for a long period of time. So I've never seen the people that I would consider to be the best puzzlers try to go for a long period of time. And I don't think this is a big enough prize for many of them to try.

To be honest my first plan was to take a WF, which I didn't think would fill.
I think the majority of people will be planked in the first hour.

It will be interesting to see.
I'm curious to see which station will win, the consensus seems to be bilge, but I'm leaning with sails.

I was thinking of doing live updates of the comp in here; if there's an interest.

Also I do need some helpers if any hearties wanna help out. Going to need a planker for each station. Hit me up in game.

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 9, 2012 10:15:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Erics1

I probably missed it, but will the GF be on swabby, or how will you deal with battles if not?

Edit: You could also implement something along the lines of whoever is lowest in each station get planked if you have maybe 5 people on each station that wont go below incred for a long time?
Erics on all oceans

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

It is, and always will be "Sage".
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Erics1 at Dec 9, 2012 10:15:00 PM]
[Dec 9, 2012 10:13:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

How it works:

<>I will swabbie a GF around the ocean.
<>People will be given two LPs to ramp up.
<>At each LP anyone that does not score INC will planked.
<>The second to last one remaining will win an unnamed atlantean sea horse.
<>The last man standing will win 1 million poes.

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

Deathmessage on the Emerald Ocean.
[Dec 10, 2012 1:53:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Revelationz4

Can I just have my 1m in advance ? luvujackky
Ghandii on Emerald

I am Gosling
[Dec 10, 2012 9:54:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

I probably missed it, but will the GF be on swabby, or how will you deal with battles if not?

Edit: You could also implement something along the lines of whoever is lowest in each station get planked if you have maybe 5 people on each station that wont go below incred for a long time?

F for reading Erics :P

Overtime:
We switch to a smaller ship and go to a close flot, smh type thing.
The sail over will not count.
Once we enter we will stay in the safe zone.
You will be given one FULL duty report to ramp up.
The next duty report only top stations will remain.
If only one station was left (like lets say idk bilge) the top two are the winners.

If (I know it's very unlikely) dnav has not been eliminated when we reach overtime they will be awarded 2nd place.

This is an endurance comp - By design that part isn't easy.

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 11, 2012 6:17:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Dear OMs:

I want your involvement about as much as I want to dry hump an electric fence. I did not give permission for this to be listed on the events page in game.

edit: deleted image as it violated forums rules. mustn't go against the rules.

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by 123Jackpot at Dec 16, 2012 9:05:43 PM]
[Dec 15, 2012 7:09:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

An OM picks events up from the various events forums, and selects those that look appropriate for a noticeboard listing. If you do not want your event to be listed, you may choose not to post in the forums.

Please make sure to keep images to the maximum suggested of 800x800. Thank ye.

Hilando las hebras de la vida pirata...
Eggatar by Greylady

[Dec 16, 2012 8:00:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

An OM picks events up from the various events forums, and selects those that look appropriate for a noticeboard listing. If you do not want your event to be listed, you may choose not to post in the forums.

Please make sure to keep images to the maximum suggested of 800x800. Thank ye.

Thanks for informing of the rules. BTW I certainly didn't expect OMs to care what I wanted for my event, but seems there's a very easy fix here.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=32611

Noticeboard listing for events
You do not need to email the events email address to get a noticeboard listing - it is a process independent from OM support. An OM picks events up from the various events forums, and selects those that look appropriate for a noticeboard listing. Some of the criteria are:
* good prizes
* open to a large number of people
* sufficient notice
* looks well-planned, and good quality post
* no entry fee, not for profit
The list is usually updated a couple of times a week.

Edit in Rules:

Entry fee 1 poe.
The poe is for my own person profit.

Now will you get off my lawn?

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 16, 2012 8:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxewashere

Dear OMs:

I want your involvement about as much as I want to dry hump an electric fence.

Lol.

I love the idea for this event, hopefully i'll get a hold of a bilge or a sail station.
Neda of Emerald

Over the Edge
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Luxewashere at Dec 17, 2012 2:10:27 AM]
[Dec 17, 2012 2:08:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Jobbing under evading

Crew: Virtute et Armis

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 22, 2012 12:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Event will be live streamed if you'd like to watch:

http://www.livestream.com/LMSevent

Lets hope that one works.

Update:
Lolomokikia is the only remaining carp

Oneiromancer is the only remaining rigs

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Edit 3 times, last edit by 123Jackpot at Dec 22, 2012 1:19:13 PM]
[Dec 22, 2012 12:40:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Event will be live streamed if you'd like to watch:

www.livestream.com/LMSevent]www.livestream.com/Imsevent]www.livestream.com/LMSevent

Appears you messed up the link, here is the correct one! www.livestream.com/LMSevent
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Twittly at Dec 22, 2012 1:15:51 PM]
[Dec 22, 2012 1:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Sails and Carp have been eliminated

1 man standing on rigs

4 on bilge

6 on patch

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 22, 2012 1:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

2 on bilge

5 on patch

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 22, 2012 1:47:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123Jackpot

Only patch remains

Imrans tells ye, "ew"
Imrans tells ye, "GTFO"
[Dec 22, 2012 1:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

This is why it's called PATching. huehuehue.
RainbowPat, (mostly) On the Huntermerald Ocean. Also, rainbows.
[Dec 22, 2012 5:09:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates