• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 124
Posts: 124   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9847 times and has 123 replies Next Thread
Apollo
OceanMaster

December Not-Daily Doodles 2012! Reply to this Post

December Not-Daily Doodles

When: December
What: a holiday-themed month of fun and frolics, a new contest twice a week for a month
Who for: everyone
Who by: Apollo

There's good news, and there's bad news.
The good news: I missed it, and I'm back to run the doodles!
The bad news: I don't have enough time for daily doodles, so we're doing just two a week.
The good news: Doodles! Yay!
The really good news: I'm going to be giving out Shiny Sun Points for them too!

So, here we go. Twice a week - once on Saturday and once on Tuesday, a creative contest will be posted. Most of these contests will be forum-based and will require entries before the next event is posted. The contests will be posted close to midnight at the beginning of each contest day, and will close 3-4 days later (Saturday contests will close at the end of Monday, Tuesday contests will close at the end of Friday). There will be a variety of prizes during the month and they won't be pre-announced. Most Doodle winners will receive a flower trinket. I will also be giving out Shiny Sun Points. And what do Shiny Sun Points make? PRIZES!

There will be multiple forum threads for this event. This sticky thread will contain a running summary of events, winners and prizes. Each doodle will then have its own entry thread.

>--------------------<

The general rules for the forum contests are as follows.
-- Only one entry per player in each contest, but you may enter as many different contests as you wish during the month.
-- You must include your pirate name and ocean at the top of each entry post. Make sure you use the pirate and ocean for which you would want to receive a prize.
-- I will try to make the instructions clear for each contest. As the contests are short, don't get too hung up on the minutiae of rules. Just read the instructions and have a go at following them.
-- If I say "draw", I generally mean the creation of a 2D picture, whether that's done by hand or by computer. Where more physical media are allowed, I'll remember to say so.
-- If I say "original" or "must be your own work", I mean that you must create something from scratch, without the use of game art or other resources.
-- Plagiarism: this is the use of someone else's work, claiming it as your own, and applies to all contest types. Don't do it!
-- The entry threads are going to be busy enough without chat. Keep the entry thread just for entries please!
-- The general rules on avoiding tasteless or offensive material apply at all times on this forum but I'm mentioning them again here just in case.
-- Judging will be completed as soon as possible after the contest has closed, and usually within a day of the contest closing. Winners and prizes will be posted in the second post of this thread once judging is complete, as well as a more detailed results post at the end of each Doodle's entry thread. At any one time, therefore, there is likely to be one contest open for entries and one contest being judged.
-- I will be doing most of the judging, bringing in others as and when I need them. There will be a variety of events, though, and I am not going to get into discussions on the judging on any individual event.
-- I will try to deliver prizes as they are announced.
-- Don't get hung up on the prizes and the winners. Lots of people participate, and only a few win prizes. Take part because it looks fun, it's an interesting challenge, and it's an opportunity to share your quick-fire skills with your fellow players or to try your hand and something different.

>--------------------<

That's it for now. Look for the first Doodle just after midnight PST tonight!

>--------------------<

If you're interested in how the Doodles work, take a look at one of the previous year's editions, linked from this page. The main difference to previous years is that we're just doing the two contests per week this year.

Investigate finding the following:
  • a microphone
  • a digital camera or scanner
  • a link to Artpad (http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/)
  • a drawing / art / paint package that you're comfortable with
  • Oh, and don't throw out stuff that you think might be useful for a craft project, because you NEVER KNOW!

*bounces*
  • [Nov 30, 2012 3:35:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Re: December Not-Daily Doodles 2012! Reply to this Post

Events and Winners will go here.

Doodle #1 : Surprise! Event thread Winners: Velternal and Bisquick
    Doodle #2 : I hate when that happens! Event thread Winners: Imp and Tilinka
    Doodle #3 : Edible Sculptures! Event thread Winners: Sallymae and Imp
    Doodle #4 : I should NOT have said that! Event thread Winners: Sallymae and Budclare
    Doodle #5 : Stained Class! Event thread Winners: Cattrin and Velternal
    Doodle #6 : Holiday Art! Event thread Winners : Dexla and Jennygalaxy
    Doodle #7 : Summer Christmas! Event thread Winners: Aethera and Bunnylaroo
    Doodle #8 : doodlio ergo sum! Event thread Winners: Pixelpixie and Velternal
    Doodle #9 : Happy New Year! Event thead Winners: Cattrin and Velternal
    ----------------------------------------
    [Edit 22 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 24, 2013 11:12:21 AM]
    [Nov 30, 2012 3:42:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!
    Half a loaf of Doodles is still completely squee-worthy.
    Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Nov 30, 2012 6:20:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Booful

/e goes to dig up my pencil sharpener...i'm ready! If only i could stay away long enough so i could see the first doodle and sleep on a idea .><
    PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
    [Nov 30, 2012 10:15:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jippeh14

Yayyyyy! /me hops happily hurrahing
    Jippy of Meridian
    [Nov 30, 2012 10:21:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Snowpixie

Are we there yet? Who chartered this bus, anyway? It's not big enough, and there aren't nearly enough spangly costumes. I am not going to sit next to Herowena on the way back, she keeps trying to glue pasta in my hair and Dexla is ... glaring at me from the back, I don't know why, and neither do my accidentally sharpened knitting needles....
    Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
    Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
    [Nov 30, 2012 11:12:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Hello! I'm sorry the first doodle is late - it'll be up by 6am. I'm not at my own computer, which is where the doodle text is!
    [Dec 1, 2012 3:34:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Hikariks

guess who just finished school and passed all subjects and doesnt start 4th year of secondary school till march? xD
    Yay for summer time! XD ill enjoy this!
    Yumisa World Wide ;)
    Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3

[Seasonal Avatars ~ The Comeback! ]
    [Dec 1, 2012 5:12:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

Summertime??? It's snowing here!!! And snow needs doodles!!! Only 17 minutes till 6 am. /me can't wait!!!
    Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
    Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Dec 1, 2012 5:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jongy5

More importantly- Artpad is working again!

Also- Hi Apollo.
    Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
    Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
    [Dec 1, 2012 9:18:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    maiooch

Does that means Apollo is keeping track of shiny sun points?
    Rhodanite of Cerulean formerly of Midnight
    Queen of Bedlam
    [Dec 1, 2012 9:36:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Booful

I have a question, can i get all "dagger's" Sunny points for Pixelpixie please (I changed my name and completely forgot about the sunny points o.O)

~ Pixelpixie
    [Dec 1, 2012 10:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Does that means Apollo is keeping track of shiny sun points?
    Yes, see the thread in the Events Workshop. I haven't added up the points already awarded yet, but I'll do so before I update after this first doodle.
    [Dec 1, 2012 12:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

I have a question, can i get all "dagger's" Sunny points for Pixelpixie please (I changed my name and completely forgot about the sunny points o.O)

~ Pixelpixie
    If it's literally a name change via the game, then it'll be fine to transfer those (or combine them when you come to claim something).
    [Dec 1, 2012 12:37:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Snowpixie

Wiki page is up. I'm very decisive and can't work out, because this year is different, what I should do for headings. And tense, which is eternally confusing. If anyone wants to weigh in... I'm pretty short on timewimeyness, so would love it if others have time to contribute :)

Edit: Also, it's summer here too. And rather... hot. Can I have your snow?
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Dec 2, 2012 12:12:18 AM]
    [Dec 2, 2012 12:09:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

Wiki page is up. I'm very decisive and can't work out, because this year is different, what I should do for headings. And tense, which is eternally confusing. If anyone wants to weigh in... I'm pretty short on timewimeyness, so would love it if others have time to contribute :)

I'll poke it (more) later.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Dec 2, 2012 2:46:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Ohmigosh, I nearly had a heart attack thinking I'd missed a day during a weekend on the Cape (no internet). But no, it's a weekend. Good. Very good.

/phew

As a side note, it was nice to just sit and watch things for a bit:

Even if it was 30 degrees!
    Cattrin of Midnight Cerulean (and sometimes Viridian Meridian)
    Avatar by Apollo, Wiske, Shawe, Blakbead, Daeva, Bunnylaroo and Musicologist!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Dec 2, 2012 12:11:41 PM]
    [Dec 2, 2012 11:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cloverwood

<pokes head in> Doodles?

Doodles!

TheRunt (Cerulean)
    [Dec 2, 2012 12:02:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

So Faeree, is your brother's doll encased in stone, so that only the rightful king OM can pull him out?
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 2, 2012 12:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

So Faeree, is your brother's doll encased in stone, so that only the rightful king OM can pull him out?

*stretches and warms up*
    [Dec 2, 2012 1:50:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Snowpixie

*stretches and warms up*

It was tissue paper, not stone. I wouldn't want him to pull a muscle...
    [Dec 2, 2012 2:37:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    lilymoon

LOL! I mean Mwhahahahaha! :) Yes, I'll go with that :D
    (Its a salt stone candle holder: Minus a candle and Plus a dollie :D )

It was tissue paper, not stone. I wouldn't want him to pull a muscle...

Yes, Imp wrapped him up very nicely in tissue paper so no damage would happen in transit.. he is now protected as shown- I am a bit of a clutz and wouldn't want to damage him! :)

*stretches and warms up*

Ruh-Roh! If I find him magically swept away I will know what happened to him!
    Faeree of Emerald~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
    Apollo wrote: 
    (Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Dec 2, 2012 5:16:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

*whistles innocently*

25 hours left for Doodle#1!
    [Dec 2, 2012 11:06:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Booful

will you be watching all the art drawings we made? If so, you will need to re-watch mine please as I made a whole new story for your amusement :)
    [Dec 2, 2012 11:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

will you be watching all the art drawings we made? If so, you will need to re-watch mine please as I made a whole new story for your amusement :)

I like your story, it's very cute. c:

Question on that though; since the replay function is notorious, I opted not to do a sort of progressive story entry that required you to watch it. Will ones that didn't do that be judged differently (or get less of a consideration) than those that did?
    Cattrin of Midnight Cerulean (and sometimes Viridian Meridian)
    Avatar by Apollo, Wiske, Shawe, Blakbead, Daeva, Bunnylaroo and Musicologist!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 3, 2012 3:43:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

I will be watching the drawing, yes. It doesn't have to be a video presentation, though - the marking won't be different. :)
    [Dec 3, 2012 10:40:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    uppy_pay

Was lying in bed awake last night... realised it's December.

I don't think I've been on these forums since last December!
    Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
    [Dec 7, 2012 6:28:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

*grins* Welcome back!
    [Dec 7, 2012 11:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

/e checks weather and curses

I wanted to use snow. :(

I wonder what ever happened to that snoopy snow cone maker...

(What? It's edible.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Dec 8, 2012 12:28:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Ha, did everyone else also think "Edible candle, yuck. Edible Santa, nasty! Edible snowman... yep, okay"? (Lots of snowmen happening.)
    Herowena of Cerulean

[Dec 9, 2012 7:05:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 124   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates