• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 39
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4344 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
icelord161

Universe A Presents - The Olive 77 (Island Giveaway)

Artwork courtesy of Armegin.

Welcome to Universe A's second event! We're hosting this event as a thank you to all of our jobbers, and other supporters in our first six blockades! To show our true appreciation, we've put together this event!

This event will be taking place, 10:00am (PT) on Saturday, December 8th, 2012. It will be a racing event, from Beta to Olive Island!

How-to Play:
Each team will set sail from Beta Island at exactly 10:00:00am and the contestants must buy a unit of rum, fruit, iron, whatever they choose, and sail from Beta, to Olive Island. Once they arrive at Olive, they must sell the item to the palace, to record their final time. The team with the best time wins. This race will be a gun shot start, announced in crew chat in Empty Planet at 10am.

Rules:
-Registration is not required, but if you want to play, please show up 15 minutes beforehand.
-Each team can have any number of people, but must use a, [sloop, cutter, dhow, baghlah, MB, WB, MG, or WF.]
-Each team must buy a unit of any commodity from Beta and sell it to Olive, (so we can log ye had an item on board and did not swabby, and log yer time.)
-Teams do not have to buy the unit of rum at the start time, just before the race starts, so I know there is cargo on board.
-Each captain will be jobbed into the crew, Empty Planet, and I will announce when to start the race, and read off updates of whos in what place.
-I will need to be able to look at the vessel records of each boat used, to ensure that there was stock on board, and it was not swabbied, I will add an alt to your crew, or ye can to mine, after the event.
-PvP is not against the rules, but is discouraged.

Scoring:
-The first team to make it from Beta Island to Olive Island wins! Racers will have to buy something at Beta, and sell it at Olive to the Palace, (a unit of rum, fruit, whatever)

Prizes:
In order of placing, the top 3 will choose their prizes.

-Olive Island (Or 50k PoE if you do not want the island transferred to you.)
-Sloop & 50k
-50k.
(In addition, all three of the teams captains, will receive trinkets commemorating their efforts.)

*If there are any blockades at 12pm on this Saturday, racers should be close to done by then, assuming not getting engaged a lot, so should not be a big issue.
*I will be avaliable to chart the route in 77 leagues, hence the name (which is the shortest possible route.)

If no one chooses to take Olive Island, we will scuttle it to Barnabas the Pale the following weekend, and leave it un-defended, as to let someone else have the chance to blockade it!
----------------------------------------
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 12 times, last edit by icelord161 at Dec 3, 2012 6:01:45 PM]
[Nov 26, 2012 6:44:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Re: Universe A Presents - (Island Giveaway)

Questions/Answers

Inquistion wrote: 
What about giving bonus time off from the total for taking something bigger and arguably harder than a sloop between the two islands?

Ok, we've looked into this, and we've found the chart under this link. If you use a larger ship, it must be on this graph, so we can convert the time accordingly. (OP has been changed to allow the ship types on the graph.)
*Keep in mind, it takes longer to get to full speed on larger boats!

Inquistion wrote: 
Probably a stupid question, but will you be able to chart those that can't do it themselves?

*I will be avaliable to chart the route in 77 leagues, hence the name (which is the shortest possible route.)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 2 times, last edit by icelord161 at Dec 1, 2012 11:35:13 AM]
[Nov 26, 2012 6:50:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Re: Universe A Presents - (Island Giveaway)

What about giving bonus time off from the total for taking something bigger and arguably harder than a sloop between the two islands?
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Nov 26, 2012 7:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: Universe A Presents - The Olive 74 (Island Giveaway)

If no one chooses to take Olive Island, we will scuttle it to Barnabas the Pale and petition to have it raised in strength, the following week.

You can not petition to have the strength raised unless, as the defender, you have killed of the BK in the blockade and wish to continue fighting it. You can't petition after the BK has won the island to raise the strength for the next flag that attacks. BK strength is based on the island economy. So Olive will be a 2-3 strength.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny (well not right now)
Blockade madman
[Nov 26, 2012 7:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

If no one chooses to take Olive Island, we will scuttle it to Barnabas the Pale and petition to have it raised in strength, the following week.

You can not petition to have the strength raised unless, as the defender, you have killed of the BK in the blockade and wish to continue fighting it. You can't petition after the BK has won the island to raise the strength for the next flag that attacks. BK strength is based on the island economy. So Olive will be a 2-3 strength.

Zarchi you nub. I thought we went over this already... short term memory Math Champ?
Armegin says, "my hangover cure is to keep drinking."

Fourteen says, "what could be bigger and better than ypp? lolol"
Minsiem says, "Maybe... Bang Howdy!"
[Nov 26, 2012 7:45:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Zarchi you nub. I thought we went over this already... short term memory Math Champ?

I fix it, shush.

OM's do not understand what I ask when I petition apparently. :D
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Nov 26, 2012 7:48:06 PM]
[Nov 26, 2012 7:47:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

OM's do not understand what I ask when I petition apparently. :D

Noone understands you... :P
Armegin says, "my hangover cure is to keep drinking."

Fourteen says, "what could be bigger and better than ypp? lolol"
Minsiem says, "Maybe... Bang Howdy!"
[Nov 26, 2012 7:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

74 Shortest possible route....ummm could you post a screen shot of the route as I am unable to get lower than 77, are you using dead dots on the Middy side?! Thankee

PauseyPaul
PauseyPaul a Proud Ceruleanian Yar! & Collector of Renamed Clownfish Sloops :)
UK based so on GMT Time, but Happy to log on @ Silly O Clock for Trades.
Clotho tells ye, "Prometheus is in charge of renames"
Handmade Super Avatar by t
[Nov 27, 2012 1:53:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

74 Shortest possible route....ummm could you post a screen shot of the route as I am unable to get lower than 77, are you using dead dots on the Middy side?! Thankee

PauseyPaul

Nah, no dead routes, I just really suck at counting, you're right, 77. Thank you. :p
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Nov 27, 2012 7:40:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

PauseyPaul

Nah, no dead routes, I just really suck at counting, you're right, 77. Thank you. :p

awww Sorry Matey i was not picking falt , but was thinking you were charting with dead dots.
[Nov 27, 2012 7:56:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Re: Universe A Presents - The Olive 77 (Island Giveaway)

Otherjenny wrote: 
awww Sorry Matey i was not picking falt , but was thinking you were charting with dead dots.

No worries, I was pressed for time when I wrote it up, I've already had to fix like 10-15 things, lol.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Nov 27, 2012 3:16:59 PM]
[Nov 27, 2012 3:12:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Probably a stupid question, but will you be able to chart those that can't do it themselves?
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Dec 1, 2012 11:15:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Q/A updated.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Dec 1, 2012 11:35:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blacktoad3

WONDERFUL!

Q, buy anything (presume this is to reduce palace buy out?) as long as you see a capt has purchased and sold same item, i want more then 1 just incase of pvp incedent.

Other then that...

ENTER BadSanta on Ghastly Grey Ghoast

Thanks
"Yo, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Prince BadSanta Born on Cobalt

Avatar by Sir Gummy Bear @ Party Central Radio
[Dec 1, 2012 3:14:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

WONDERFUL!

Q, buy anything (presume this is to reduce palace buy out?) as long as you see a capt has purchased and sold same item, i want more then 1 just incase of pvp incedent.

Other then that...

ENTER BadSanta on Ghastly Grey Ghoast

Thanks

Aye, anything, we just need to see something was bought, and carried from Beta to Olive.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Dec 1, 2012 5:01:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

Will it bring certain people emotional distress if a couple of my mates, including myself, intercept a few of these ships and turn the left half of the circle red? also potentially sinking some of the ships that are in a race? (given that there is a possibility we are at war with some of the participants).

I mean are there any prizes that will be awarded to the super dooper cool people like us? I just feel like being super dooper all of a sudden or maybe a goofy goober yeah!
[Dec 4, 2012 12:48:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OtherJenny

Will it bring certain people emotional distress if a couple of my mates, including myself, intercept a few of these ships and turn the left half of the circle red? also potentially sinking some of the ships that are in a race? (given that there is a possibility we are at war with some of the participants).

I mean are there any prizes that will be awarded to the super dooper cool people like us? I just feel like being super dooper all of a sudden or maybe a goofy goober yeah!

Oh Dear! Fedorov is being a naughty little boy again, watch out matey you could end up on Santa's bad list. No new Paint box for you this Christmas.
[Dec 4, 2012 2:11:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I think you should win the island so we all can blockade you and annoy the crap out of you and critique you navving.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Dec 4, 2012 6:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krazedpsycho

So giving away Olive eh?

More seriously, Fonshizzle was a member of Hydrophobia when they held Olive back in the day, so we're taking it for nostalgia's sake.

So taking it for Nostalgia's sake, plus telling me Olive meant more than Beta in a tell, then you give it away, sounds pretty contradicting

Quote from: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=186565
Devilmaster- Collector of colored chests and grunion ships
[Dec 6, 2012 1:53:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

So giving away Olive eh?

More seriously, Fonshizzle was a member of Hydrophobia when they held Olive back in the day, so we're taking it for nostalgia's sake.

So taking it for Nostalgia's sake, plus telling me Olive meant more than Beta in a tell, then you give it away, sounds pretty contradicting

Quote from: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=186565

I guess you haven't noticed, but Fonshizzle does not play anymore, he told me before he quit that we should give it away if we want to because he will not be back for a while. Unfortunately, he has the majority of our Olive blockade fleet, and we do not want to sink his boats and not be able to give them back when he returns. So, we thought we would thank our jobbers with a sizeable island giveaway.

And, who says we're not giving away Beta in the future? Our flag's main goal is to blockade and add some life to the game. Something that needs to be done if we want to survive. Personally, I think an island giveaway, is a great way to get a flag more active again! :)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Dec 6, 2012 3:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

Rules:
-Registration is not required, but .....

the crew Falling Stars of the flag Asteria's Dreams will be there
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Dec 8, 2012 1:56:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

-Win contest, based on sailing well
-Sail ranking goes down

D'oh!
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Dec 8, 2012 12:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Great race everyone!
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Dec 8, 2012 12:08:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Results:
1st Place: Scuppersteak with a time of 1hour, 43minutes.
2nd Place: Xolicks with a time of 1hour, 50minutes.
3rd Place: Ryujin with a time of 1hour, 59minutes.

Runner-Ups!
4th, Treats with a time of 2hours, 26minutes.
5th, Zacthedragon - DNF
6th, Toored - DNF

*The petition to transfer Olive Island to "Kittens" will be posted on Monday, Congratulations to all of our winners!
*Thanks to everyone who participated in the event, I hope you all had as much fun as I did. Prizes may be claimed whenever ye can find me.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Edit 1 times, last edit by icelord161 at Dec 8, 2012 12:26:33 PM]
[Dec 8, 2012 12:11:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

the winner of the island is one of the people from yer group, yer clique. Basically the same people still hold the island. Well done mates!
[Dec 9, 2012 2:07:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

the winner of the island is one of the people from yer group, yer clique. Basically the same people still hold the island. Well done mates!

You cannot tart about who wins an event if you do not participate.

If it's filtered in game make sure to filter in the forums.
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Dec 9, 2012 4:50:19 PM]
[Dec 9, 2012 6:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inquisition

Frodoboy wrote:

I can't engage in PvP for crap and want attention so badly

You misplaced a comma, I fixed it for you.
Armegin

Dexla's artwork.
[Dec 9, 2012 9:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeriannah

Here's an idea. Get yer panties unbunched and drop a chest. Hold yer own island or try to take one to shake up the game.
Anothersneak & Sneakysalt on Cerulean
---
I collect Guppy sloops. Send me a /tell or PM.

Avatar by Tilinka - a present from Arryarrwoot! :D
[Dec 9, 2012 12:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

You cannot tart about who wins an event if you do not participate.

close yer mouth please. It's enough from you. Just shut yer trap.

As per the forum rules, refrain from personal attacks.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Clotho at Dec 9, 2012 4:54:08 PM]
[Dec 9, 2012 12:27:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Here's an idea. Get yer panties unbunched and drop a chest. Hold yer own island or try to take one to shake up the game.

you should also shut your trap, no one is interested in what u need to say.

please just STFU

And you think we were interested in what you said?... Please try to refrain from your hurtful words... they can make people cry ;_;
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Dec 9, 2012 12:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates