• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2872 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Tommyexthree

Help! Is it possible to get my crew back? Reply to this Post

My account was recently deleted due to inactivity, and the problem is that I was the Captain of my crew when this happened. Now, my crew has no captain, and every single one of it's members are dormant. Is there any way to get the crew back?
[Nov 16, 2012 11:54:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Re: Help! Is it possible to get my crew back? Reply to this Post

nupe
----------------------------------------
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Nov 16, 2012 2:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

You should have planted an alt S.O. in the crew beforehand.

Since the captain was deleted and taken out of the mix, it is possible for politics to switch to Oligarchic once a vote is proposed. But someone needs to be around to propose and vote, and that means at least one of the SOs needs to come out of dormancy. Otherwise, you are stuck.

Also: next time, buy some doubloons and save your account. It only takes USD$2.95.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Nov 16, 2012 2:54:25 PM]
[Nov 16, 2012 2:53:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Vorky

it is possible for politics to switch to Oligarchic once a vote is proposed.

Not anymore.
It used to be that if the Captain was dormant and a vote was posted it would go from Autocratic to Oligarchic, but was changed in release 2012-03-21
"Crew politics will no longer change automatically if there are any remaining dormant voting members."

According to YPPedia "If the captain leaves an autocratic crew, the crew automatically becomes oligarchic."

Due to all your possible voting members being dormant, even if it is now Oligarchic, you can't get anyone to vote so doesn't help.

The only thing you can try is to petition an OM and see if they are willing to help. If they are they will want some sort of proof that you are the same individual. Are you still using the same account? (Note: It is your pirate that gets deleted, not your account).
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Vorky at Nov 21, 2012 3:12:35 PM]
[Nov 21, 2012 3:10:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Month bump, but it might still be relevant :P.

Not anymore.
It used to be that if the Captain was dormant and a vote was posted it would go from Autocratic to Oligarchic, but was changed in release 2012-03-21
"Crew politics will no longer change automatically if there are any remaining dormant voting members."

The captain in this case was deleted, not dormant, so the crew politics would have changed if someone had tried to propose a vote (if they hadn't already changed due to the deletion).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Dec 22, 2012 6:22:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates