• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7642 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

[Decennial Diversions] 10 Years of Puzzle Pirates - 10 Days of Events! Reply to this Post

Many things can be said of pirates... For they are certainly fearsome and foolhardy; rambunctious and superstitious; ...addled and unwashed. But sentimental? Hardly! However, there are some occasions so momentous that they deserve being marked... and in style.

By amazing coincidence such an occasion is meeting us with full sails - October 2012 marks 10 years of Puzzle Pirates! From the rocky shoals of Alpha, the blistering bays of Beta through the unknown sea lanes of Launch to the Present (and Beyond!) it has been an amazing journey - and in honour of that we are inviting you all to help celebrate 10 years of Puzzle Pirates with 10 days of Events!

Starting Monday the 22nd each day will feature a Headlining Event leading up to Wednesday the 31st where, harkening back to days of yore, we will host an Island Party on each Ocean culminating with a Grand Tournament - A local-only Swordfighting tournament you'll have to come see to believe! Fun with fencing, indeed.

But you would be foolish to think that's all there is. Quite foolish! In addition to the daily Headlining Events there will also be smaller anniversary themed tournaments and puzzle competitions running at all hours - and if that wasn't enough, roving Ocean Masters may be seen popping up around the Ocean's docks and inns accepting challenges for the nimble and adventurous!

A full schedule of Headlining Events may be found below. Specific information regarding individual Events, where applicable, may be found in their individual threads.

Monday 22nd:  Decennium Doodle - Hosted by Apollo

Tuesday 23rd: Treasure Drop Tournament 12:00 pm (all Oceans) - Win a Copper Monkey!

Wednesday 24th: Cerulean - Voyage to Atlantis with an Ocean Master

Thursday 25thEmerald - Voyage to Atlantis with an Ocean Master

Friday 26th: Meridian - Voyage to Atlantis with an Ocean Master

Saturday 27th: Rumble Tournament 3:00 pm (all Oceans) - Win a Light Blue Octopus!

Sunday 28th: Decennium Doodle - Hosted by Apollo

Monday 29th: Drinking Tournament 5:00 pm (all Oceans) - Win a White / Black Parrot!

Tuesday 30th:  Decennium Doodle - Hosted by Apollo

Wednesday 31st: Island Party and Grand Tournament!  Opal: 11 am ; Meridian 1 pm ; Cerulean 3 pm ; Jade: 5 pm ; Emerald: 7 pm
----------------------------------------
[Edit 9 times, last edit by Thalia at Oct 30, 2012 9:08:29 PM]
[Oct 20, 2012 2:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Re: [Decennial Diversions] 10 Years of Puzzle Pirates - 10 Days of Events! Reply to this Post

Doodles and swordfighting?

Oh man, my week just got a whooole lot better.
Cattrin of Midnight Cerulean (and sometimes Viridian Meridian)
Avatar by Apollo, Wiske, Shawe, Blakbead, Daeva, Bunnylaroo and Musicologist!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Oct 20, 2012 3:08:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thylawrence2

Re: [Decennial Diversions] 10 Years of Puzzle Pirates - 10 Days of Events! Reply to this Post

oh yes...

this is basically the best thing ever
All about Tothemoonn! of the Emerald Ocean

Artistic rendition of my face and upper body by the superbly skilled Xioch!
[Oct 20, 2012 6:27:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gagund

It sucks this has to be during the same time as Halloween.
I really liked the Halloween competitions the last 2 years(especially last year) and was really looking for foward to this years... but i guess there's not going to be one this year, right?
-Gagundss
[Oct 20, 2012 7:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

It sucks this has to be during the same time as Halloween.
I really liked the Halloween competitions the last 2 years(especially last year) and was really looking for foward to this years... but i guess there's not going to be one this year, right?

10 years is a lot more impressive than Halloween that comes every year. I'm thrilled for this!
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Oct 21, 2012 2:11:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Oh yay doodles AND a smh with a OM! /e has memories of OM led GF pillages (back when sea monsters was still too scared to show themselves) and looks forward to it ^_^ And happy birthday Puzzle pirates!
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Oct 21, 2012 8:45:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Revelationz4

These times are so unconventional... Most people will be in school or working.
Ghandii on Emerald

I am Gosling
[Oct 21, 2012 9:12:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Yeah that^ at least for me. However, I bet it was a situation of, "and Clotho what are you contributing?"

"you know my week is crap. All I've got open is 2-5 and that's for all my errands. you know the customers won't like that"

"2-5. Done. That's when we'll hold the Atlantis runs."

Clotho: -_-
Gneiss on all Oceans, Huntard

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Oct 21, 2012 9:28:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
x_starfire_x

Yeah that^ at least for me. However, I bet it was a situation of, "and Clotho what are you contributing?"

"you know my week is crap. All I've got open is 2-5 and that's for all my errands. you know the customers won't like that"

"2-5. Done. That's when we'll hold the Atlantis runs."

Clotho: -_-

Poor Clotho, no time to do errands </3 xD

But aye, right in the middle of my midterms (and others, for sure - not sure about non-Canadians/Americans) >_<;; I'll definitely have time to do a doodle though <3 Someone take a photo of the lovely voyages for me! (Prt Sc, of course - make sure the OM is in it ;P)
Angelira [Ceru] & Vespera [Em]

Avatar by Yumisa, Kurenai, Seapint, Ivy and Daeva!

~Art Gallery~ ~Website~

Very much alive on forums <3 ;)
[Oct 21, 2012 9:52:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://angelira.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

I have to disagree with this, they seem to be trying to balance European evening, with North American evenings (all time zones)

Tue Noon: Great for Europeans
Wed/Thu/Fri 2:30-4:30 Atlantis Good for E.Coast bit late but my be possible for Brits (half midnight finish though many kids on holiday)
Sat 3pm Good for all Americas a bit late for Brits / Europeans
Mon 5pm Good for most Americas (possible bit early for W Coast)

Wed 11am : 7pm in Germany
Wed 1pm : Depends how long is lasts 9pm start in UK 10pm in Europe E Coast may be able to join in a little late
Wed 3pm: Good for East Coast
Wed 5pm good for latin America
Wed 7pm good for West coast a bit late for East Coast.

The only issue I would have is their doesn't seem to be anything for crafters, it would be nice to have a competition or two thrown in either in the post Atlantis tournaments or separate.
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Oct 21, 2012 10:35:06 AM]
[Oct 21, 2012 10:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Get out of my head!

Hilando las hebras de la vida pirata...

[Oct 21, 2012 10:22:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I think, as an Australian, these times are perfect! Even though they translate at 5am, 7:30am, 8am and 11am, it's about as evenly balanced a time as I've seen to hold events for most of the time globe.

Not that I'm too fussed, I'm just happy OM's are getting in on some fun to celebrate 10 years!

Besides, I'll still be there when it counts. (Hi Apollo!)

At this point I'd like to remind Clotho and Pro that I love them and that they should not turn me into a smoldering pile of rubble at any point during Decci Doodles.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Oct 21, 2012 8:01:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tode_adjud

At what time does the Doodle start?
Tode on Emerald Ocean
Senior Officer and Flirt of Royal Asassins Brigade
Prince of West-East Campaign

Todeus on Meridian Ocean
[Oct 21, 2012 11:06:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/tode.catalin    tode.catalin [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

At what time does the Doodle start?

The first one is up. Apollo usually posts them just before midnight.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Oct 22, 2012 2:40:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

I forgot to ask-

Will any OM Face of yore be appearing?

Will any Shang-Hai'd mates be appearing?

........../e cuts to the chase

Can we have Apollo back?
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Oct 22, 2012 5:07:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I forgot to ask-

Will any OM Face of yore be appearing?

........../e cuts to the chase

Can we have ApolloOCEANUS back?

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Oct 22, 2012 7:27:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

Oooo while we're wishing Om's back...wouldnt it be awesome if EVERY SINGLE Om that was ever a Om was back! even for just ONE day ^_^
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Oct 22, 2012 7:41:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

What if they brought Sexy Back? :o.

But yes, I miss Apollo, please re-capture him.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Oct 22, 2012 8:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Get out of my head!

Somehow this seems more threatening when next to that avie deathm made for ya

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MSpartans at Oct 22, 2012 11:28:34 PM]
[Oct 22, 2012 11:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Oh difficult choice, to sleep or not to sleep ><
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Oct 23, 2012 12:23:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Oh difficult choice, to sleep or not to sleep ><

Sleep is for the weak sleepy!

- Pro
[Oct 23, 2012 4:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
christen48

Well I would really like to help, but Clotho isn't on atm and I can't PM you; can this be considered as a /tell ?? :)

Misteria
Meridian Ocean
Misteria of Meridian, MAA at your service -curtsey-

-Quinze says, "Need gunners, gunners get a personal 1vs1 session with misteria the magical belly dancer"-
[Oct 25, 2012 12:47:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    adlsuga [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

No, it was clearly stated the first five /tells ingame were the ones that would be volunteers.

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

Deathmessage on the Emerald Ocean.
[Oct 26, 2012 7:51:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vellanora

No, it was clearly stated the first five /tells ingame were the ones that would be volunteers.

I'm not sure how this was "clearly stated" when Clotho wrote that it was the first five to PM her.

Unfortunately Misteria all the spots seem to have been filled D: even though they took more than the original five. At least you still get to be around for the fun? :D
Velternal, Meridian.
I draw Avatars!.
[Oct 26, 2012 9:36:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

I'm not sure how this was "clearly stated" when Clotho wrote that it was the first five to PM her.

Just to clarify:

PMs- Private messages. IE forum messages sent [here] .

/tells- In-game messages between two players.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Oct 26, 2012 11:44:05 AM]
[Oct 26, 2012 11:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

I forgot to ask-

I just had myself a grand time on Meridian. Thanks to the mates on Lima docks for their hospitality and for letting me win a couple of swordfights!
A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"
[Oct 27, 2012 8:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

I forgot to ask-

I just had myself a grand time on Meridian. Thanks to the mates on Lima docks for their hospitality and for letting me win a couple of swordfights!

You're not Shanghai'd; are you?

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

[Oct 27, 2012 8:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

You're not Shanghai'd; are you?

I'm on the list of Shanghai'd mates! I'm doing some backstage stuff these days. (Can't provide details, though!)
A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"
[Oct 27, 2012 8:45:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

:o

You're returning as a kraken!

Knew it!

[Oct 28, 2012 1:29:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

If Sandy keeps me from entering Apollo's Tuesday doodle or attending parties on Wednesday, I'm going to personally stab it in its non-living eye.

[Oct 28, 2012 7:06:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates