• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4075 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Perilously Plundering Palatial Pachyderms! A Patching Bake-Off. Reply to this Post

What: Old-Style All-On-A-Ship Patching Bake-Off
Dates: Sunday October 14 (Cerulean) ; Sunday October 21 (Emerald) ; Sunday October 28 (Meridian)
Time: 12:30 PM game time (use /info to find out game time)

Here's how it will work.

* At 12:30 PM game time, I will put an event whisk up on the Noticeboard. These appear on the Events tab of the noticeboard at any colonized island.
* The event whisk goes to a bake-off ship. You do not need to be jobbed into the crew to take part.
* I will not broadcast the event unless participation is much lower than expected.
* The ship will have plenty of stations for the competition puzzle. Find a station as quickly as possible so that you are not hunting for one when we start. There are stations all over the ship, including throughout the main deck, down in the hold, and in the cabins.
* Please show consideration to your fellow players and stay quiet and do not spam. Keep chat and greetings to tells.
* I will keep the whisk up on the board for approximately 15 minutes, or until the ship is full, whichever is the earlier. Once the whisks have gone from the noticeboard, entrance to the event is closed. Be careful not to "fall off" the ship. Participants will not be jobbed into the crew to get them back on board.
* Once the whisking time is over, or when the ship is full, (whichever is the earlier), I will start to give instructions for the bake-off.
* From this point, spamming or unnecessary chatter will cause you to be planked.
* Once I have run through the instructions, the bake-off will begin.
* In these bake-offs, the contest will consist of a single 30-minute puzzling session. We will set sail, engage with another ship, and stay in sea battle for 30 minutes. We will then disengage and return to port.
* Competitors must be on a patching station from the beginning of the puzzling period, and must stay on station throughout the contest, until we reach the island at the end. You may dismiss and re-take the station if you need to, but you may not stay off-station. This includes pirates who disconnect, who will get about one minute to return to station. In order to avoid confusion, anyone remaining off-station after a warning tell will be planked.
* The duty report at the island (not the one at disengage) defines the winners.
* There will be prizes offered to the top 12 entrants. Each of the top 12 finishers on the duty report chooses one prize from the list including a colored familiar, rare furniture and trinkets.
* ""Format Change"" Prizewinners must stay on board to select their prizes but may leave once they have done so. If you are not on board to select your prize, you forfeit your prize, and the next best finisher is added to the list of prizewinners.
* Prizes will be distributed immediately after the bake-off.

Prizes
There are 12 prizes available and each prizewinner gets one prize and winners will take their pick in order (first place chooses first, followed by second, etc).

* Coloured Familiar (Colour and Type chosen by winner. Restricted colours or types are not valid.)
* Tan Monkey
* Sleeping Pig or Piglet
* Sleeping Tortoise or Turtle
* Ancient Vase rare furniture
* Anubis Statue rare furniture
* Deed to a Wrapped Gold / Gold / Gold Sloop
* Golden Piggy Bank
* Gold orchid x 4

Good luck!

- Pro
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Prometheus at Oct 1, 2012 4:20:44 PM]
[Oct 1, 2012 3:49:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Re: Perilously Plundering Palatial Pachyderms! A Patching Bake-Off. Reply to this Post

Are you sure with the date?
I think July is a bit long to wait!

If it's in October (which seems reasonable as the dates would be sundays). Yay!!! Thank you!!!

I think we still get the normal fam comps?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Oct 1, 2012 3:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Re: Perilously Plundering Palatial Pachyderms! A Patching Bake-Off. Reply to this Post

The dates are right for 2013. Maybe he's just very organised :)
Edit: or he's found a new form of torture.

Silliness aside, Yay for bakeoffs! Thank you :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Snowpixie at Oct 1, 2012 4:09:07 AM]
[Oct 1, 2012 4:04:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'm sure he is, but I still hope for October 2012!

[Oct 1, 2012 4:07:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Haha silly Prom for not checking dates when he cuts and pastes the last bake off info :P
Calamarie - is back! Dies Irae

Collecting Puffer named sloops - send me a /tell

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world"
[Oct 1, 2012 12:57:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Haha silly Prom for not checking dates when he cuts and pastes the last bake off info :P

Shhh, we try to be polite!
And we didn't mention, that there can't be an old-style patching bake-off as patching is new...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Oct 1, 2012 1:56:53 PM]
[Oct 1, 2012 1:54:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

You weren't supposed to notice that! -.-;

The dates are indeed for October 2012 and the post has been updated to reflect that. Sorry for the mix-up.

- Pro
[Oct 1, 2012 4:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

The title of this thread implies elephants; will there be elephants :D?

If not:
Pro's Pretty much Perfect, Patching Plot is a much more accurate name XD
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Oct 1, 2012 5:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

On the events Tab on yppedia and in game it says that the Emerald Bake-off will be on 28th October whereas on the post it says the 21st October.

Can you confirm the actual date?
Factors on Emerald & Meridian
Captain of Never Die Alone
Prince of West-East Campaign

[Oct 8, 2012 9:17:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Can you confirm the actual date?

The dates are Sunday October 14 (Cerulean) ; Sunday October 21 (Emerald) ; Sunday October 28 (Meridian)

The in-game news has been corrected, thanks for pointing that out!

- Pro
[Oct 8, 2012 2:30:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

This reminds me of the time pro told me I had to wait a year to transfer an island.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Oct 13, 2012 12:41:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Ye olde Cerulean winners list (in order of winningness)

Yoshia
Uqie
Sushidawg
Apolodor
Georgels
Veerle
Pyralis
Owlwhisperer
Plunderville
Pedroelpato
Jeggy
Voidrx
[Oct 14, 2012 2:33:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

13th, Zarchi!!! -.-
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Oct 14, 2012 2:40:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

13th, Zarchi!!! -.-

I lol'd
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Oct 15, 2012 5:09:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

13th, Zarchi!!! -.-

Cute :)
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

Lucindiia tells ye, "Billions of blue blistering barnacles! yer real! i was starting to wonder if you were a bot put into the game just to make people work harder"
[Oct 16, 2012 10:52:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karmella1

Looks like it's 2-3 AM for us in GMT +1 ... that's a boomer. :l
Deathwaltz on the Emerald Ocean (former Sage)
Alt: Desiple
[Oct 17, 2012 10:40:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

Looks like it's 2-3 AM for us in GMT +1 ... that's a boomer. :l

I'm in GMT+1, it's at 9.30 PM ...
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

Lucindiia tells ye, "Billions of blue blistering barnacles! yer real! i was starting to wonder if you were a bot put into the game just to make people work harder"
[Oct 17, 2012 12:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SpnBobby

Will there be a need for volunteers to work the other duty stations and help out like the good old days?
Spongebobby on Emerald

Walker said
"Dear three rings, please add a mute everyone button to the game. If you do I'll take back all the mean things I've ever said to you in any of my emails, letters, bug reports, petitions."
[Oct 21, 2012 8:22:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Ye olde Emerald winners list (in order of winningness)

Yoshia
Patchingking
Rainbowpat
Dexterity
Jaxparro
Kse
Tode
Buckoman
Deuz
Masters
Incinerate
Sylcium
[Oct 21, 2012 2:07:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
vortexae

Congrats y'all!

I may not have placed, but I finally got my Incredible Patcher on Emerald during the bake-off. Yay!
Meridian: Millefleur, Oshun & the crew
Emerald: Nensieuisge. Also Millefleur.
Y en el Océano Jade, soy la pirata Serenidad.

I blog YPP!
[Oct 21, 2012 9:40:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nicolejleboeuf.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
deathtolll

Congratulations to the winners, wish I was able to make it -- however we have to work!

I like how Patchingking got second place.

Dricenticore says, "Normally I don't believe people who say they're girls on the internet but since you went from friendly to hostile in about 3 seconds"

Deathmessage on the Emerald Ocean.
[Oct 26, 2012 8:17:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Ye olde Meridian winners list (in order of winningness)

Yoshia
Mrbligh
Dexterity
Todeus
Shushies
Doghnut
Tide
Mincemeat
Sylcium
Ledrias
Aiplaeso
Owlwhisperer
[Oct 28, 2012 1:46:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

Thank you to everyone who came out to compete and for making these Bake-Off revivals a great success!
[Oct 28, 2012 1:53:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Xanther4

Thank you to everyone who came out to compete and for making these Bake-Off revivals a great success!

Let's continue to revive them, shall we? ;)
Wipley of Emerald
Darkfaery's Avatar Goodness

Making the forums awkward and the game more stupid since 2008.

Anything
[Oct 28, 2012 1:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates