• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 67
Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14018 times and has 66 replies Next Thread
Fedorov

Babylon Reply to this Post

Spent last few months reading forums and wiki, buffed myself up on some history of the ocean. It is all too clear now and it's time to act upon the NEW Babylon.

Read this link from ypp: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Babylon

I call upon all ex Notorious Fandango members, some present flags like Tyranny, and anyone else who has the guts to stand up to the stale condition certain borgeois babylon flags have brought to the ocean.

Read this link as well: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Notorious_Fandango and also know of the revolution.

The stale state of when the game is no longer fun because an average pedestrian like me can't contend for an island, has greatly impacted the population of the ocean. People leave because of this, because of Babylon flags.

This is a thread for anyone that wants a major change.

This thread is not for people (and I know there will be many of you) who will come here to flame and open their pie holes. All you do is screw up the entire ocean and brainwash everyone and control and use them for your own benefits. Your greedy face is not welcomed here.
[Sep 13, 2012 8:19:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Re: Babylon Reply to this Post

Every single time you post you drop a level which is pretty bad. I don't see why you can't win an Island have you gave it a real effort? I got 4 islands I welcome you to come attack me and we can see what you have to offer.
----------------------------------------
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Sep 13, 2012 8:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

Every single time you post you drop a level which is pretty bad. I don't see why you can't win an Island have you gave it a real effort? I got 4 islands I welcome you to come attack me and we can see what you have to offer.

with the network of allies that you are part of, favors, backyard shady deals, some more favors amongst a few things, there is no chance for me to contend with someone like you. You are part of the Babylon.
[Sep 13, 2012 9:25:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

this is why this was created, to call people to rally against flags like you'rs. Of course I can't come after you by myself.

Pirates! If we don't take action now, then we'll settle for nothing later!

If we settle for nothing now, then we'll settle for nothing later!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fedorov at Sep 13, 2012 9:31:48 PM]
[Sep 13, 2012 9:31:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Babylon, man, haven't heard that term in a long time.

Look dude, bottom line is this. Fandango and Babylon existed at a time when the players of this game placed a huge amount of real life, personal, emotional investment on what happened to them in game. Flags held onto islands because losing it was literally the end of the word to them. Real life friendships were made, broken, and disbanded in a matter of hours over pixelated islands, pieces of gold, and ships. Extremely prominent players were banned for using this to their psychological advantage.

That, however, is no longer true. That phase of this game's life ended a long time ago. You might band a group of people together and take an island. You might force pirates to spend years of back logged PoE to defend their homes. You might even get some pirates to quit or rejoin. But, no one's going to care. The emotional investment is gone and so is the ability for either Fandango or Babylon to really exist.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Sep 13, 2012 9:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

Babylon, man, haven't heard that term in a long time.

Look dude, bottom line is this. Fandango and Babylon existed at a time when the players of this game placed a huge amount of real life, personal, emotional investment on what happened to them in game. Flags held onto islands because losing it was literally the end of the word to them. Real life friendships were made, broken, and disbanded in a matter of hours over pixelated islands, pieces of gold, and ships. Extremely prominent players were banned for using this to their psychological advantage.

That, however, is no longer true. That phase of this game's life ended a long time ago. You might band a group of people together and take an island. You might force pirates to spend years of back logged PoE to defend their homes. You might even get some pirates to quit or rejoin. But, no one's going to care. The emotional investment is gone and so is the ability for either Fandango or Babylon to really exist.

~The Maestro

I have to disagree with you. The network alliance these days, there is a clique of people (they know who they are, I wont mention names). This alliance controls the ocean by making and doing favors, deals and political diplomacy where greed and poe overshadows fun and good friends, not just some people helping allies due to the cold and ugly world of Babylon.

These flags now ARE Babylon themselves, this exists now more so than it used to back in the day. Think about it, the war game is stale, why???? Because the network of alliance and superficial political diplomacy makes it impossible for any regular working class small time pirate to go and make a team to contend for an island that has been controlled by a superpower, greed based flag.

Even if that pirate does make a team, they will most likely be facing an alliance or clique of a group that is far more vast and had 4 years to stale up the ocean and make connections to keep it that way.
[Sep 13, 2012 9:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mackpxie

I fully agree and support Fedorov's first post.

Let's go with the Revolution.

Soulblader
[Sep 13, 2012 9:48:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

These flags now ARE Babylon themselves, this exists now more so than it used to back in the day.

Thank you so much for telling me about back in the day, I had absolutely no idea what was going on across the ocean when I was part of the office of diplomacy during one of the largest and single most emotionally invested conflicts in the history of this game.

I'm sorry, I do apologize. That was extremely sarcastic, let me rephrase.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
[Sep 13, 2012 9:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

^ you have said in yer post that is no longer true and I simply told you that I disagree, this exist more so today.

At least back in the day you contended against babylon and ocean was booming.

Nowadays, the only flag that keeps the right level head is Tyranny, and they get outjobbed every blockade almost 3/1 ratio. Lucky if its 2/1. This is due to the we alliance of babylon faces.

Yes I am telling u about back in the day. The fallacy still exists now, even more so.
[Sep 13, 2012 11:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

let me rephrase one part, back in the day you WERE babylon, and to this day you STILL ARE babylon and still do this day you are grudging against NF and what they were able to achieve.

When NF went against the opressing pigs, this was the golden age of PP, this was when ocean came to life because someone actually did something about greed and manipulation oriented flags like yours.
[Sep 13, 2012 11:08:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Dude just STFU everybody has always thought you were an idiot.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Sep 14, 2012 12:15:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

with the network of allies that you are part of, favors, backyard shady deals, some more favors amongst a few things, there is no chance for me to contend with someone like you. You are part of the Babylon.

I'd like to bring to your attention, the fact that you have 13 allies, where Crip only has 3. That network of allies.
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Sep 14, 2012 12:42:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'm too lazy to look everyone's flag in this thread, but Political Map of Cerulean shows that there is at least one cluster of alliances that is really not helping the cading scene on the ocean.

Years back on another ocean there was the same problem until one flag inside the alliance realised that it is not really fun this way and so the big alliance started to wage war against each other and everyone on the ocean had more fun. But there people realized that the blockading game is about blockading, not island holding.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at Sep 14, 2012 12:52:54 AM]
[Sep 14, 2012 12:51:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

I'm too lazy to look everyone's flag in this thread, but Political Map of Cerulean shows that there is at least one cluster of alliances that is really not helping the cading scene on the ocean.

Years back on another ocean there was the same problem until one flag inside the alliance realised that it is not really fun this way and so the big alliance started to wage war against each other and everyone on the ocean had more fun. But there people realized that the blockading game is about blockading, not island holding.

*edited*

But what you said Locu is very interesting and I agree with everything u said.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Atropos at Sep 14, 2012 10:11:21 PM]
[Sep 14, 2012 12:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MKSparrow

I agree with Fedorov, taxes on Ringer island should be higher.
Is it rainning?
[Sep 14, 2012 1:13:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

So we just had a little discussion he plans on blockading someone soon and asked for my help to prove I wasn't Babylon, I rejected him, good luck to who ever he blockades. I will be there to help you, though I doubt he will actually blockade anyone so yay for fun!
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raider81 at Sep 14, 2012 1:31:41 AM]
[Sep 14, 2012 1:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

So we just had a little discussion he plans on blockading someone soon and asked for my help to prove I wasn't Babylon, I rejected him, good luck to who ever he blockades. I will be there to help you, though I doubt he will actually blockade anyone so yay for fun!

never asked for yer help on this particular block.

You told me and claimed in the conversation that many people hate you. Therefore I said prove you are not babylon by helping us in general..

never there was atalk of this particular block mate, you misunderstood
[Sep 14, 2012 1:50:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Many people do hate me and I could care less about it. We both know what was said it is ok.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

[Sep 14, 2012 2:07:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

let me rephrase one part, back in the day you WERE babylon, and to this day you STILL ARE babylon and still do this day you are grudging against NF and what they were able to achieve.

Dude, I had a character both in NF and SD. Don't tell me who I have grudges against, they were all my friends.

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
[Sep 14, 2012 3:28:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Babylon - may - have existed years ago. I do not agree that it still does. Blockades take time, money and planning, but that doesn't stop - any - flag from doing them.

There are alliance webs, both official and not, but that still doesn't stop anyone from blockading.

Most of the "big" flags are more than happy to help out new flags - you just have to ask. They'll teach you, and some will even loan you ships.

As for your 'back room" deals, I am unaware of any blocks actually won or lost there. As far as I know, blocks are ONLY won by points scored on the board - and there are no points in a back room somewhere. Terms may - and often are - asked for, non sinking, only smaller ships, no pay wars, etc .. This does not win the block, just make it easier for a small flag to try.

Blockading is much easier when you have friends to help you, but in the end, it's up to each flag to build the ships, stock and poe to drop - and then DO it.
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Sep 14, 2012 4:27:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dotte

I agree with Fedorov, taxes on Ringer island should be higher.

<3

Where can we get the trendy avatar?
do not taunt happy fun dotte
[Sep 14, 2012 4:42:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dotteOOO    dotteO0O [Link]  Go to top 
JennyBrie

I'm pretty sure you are mistaking a game that is dead for a term known as Babylon.
[Sep 14, 2012 4:42:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smartysmoker

I'm pretty sure you are mistaking a game that is dead dying for a term known as Babylon.

I have to agree with you on this point, but there are some aspects of the Babylon concept that are present in our current situation. Some more new blood to the game would be greatly beneficial.
Happyjoey Cerulean (Cobalt native),
Captain of "For Noobs" (The Best Crew in the Ocean) =p,
and King of "Knee Deep"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Smartysmoker at Sep 14, 2012 7:00:32 AM]
[Sep 14, 2012 6:57:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Votes for Penguins!!
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Sep 14, 2012 8:12:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

I have to disagree with you. The network alliance these days, there is a clique of people (they know who they are, I wont mention names)

Why doesn't anyone ever name names?
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Sep 14, 2012 8:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

Facepalm at this thread. Nothing more or less.
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Sep 14, 2012 11:05:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

I have to disagree with you. The network alliance these days, there is a clique of people (they know who they are, I wont mention names)

Why doesn't anyone ever name names?

I blame Crispix.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Sep 14, 2012 11:50:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MattMason84

Fedorov, the reason you cannot contend for an island is not because of some Babylonian conspiracy. It is because you are part of the alliance web that you are complaining about. Drop your alliances if you're serious about starting something.

Or, if all those allies that are listed on your flag page are in fact close friends of yours who would have your back no matter what, then ask them to back you up in taking an island from a flag not in the web. Tyranny for example, they hold 4 of them. Or Twisted, they have 2.

But then of course, you'd be bringing yet more islands in to the web if you won it, extending the Babylonian conspiracy.
Pyralis, SO of Axis Analemma, Prince of Maniacal Menagerie.
[Sep 14, 2012 2:05:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warball

The one thing I wonder is why this thread is on here. If your annoyed with the stale old flags and want to see something exciting happen, why not just do something. Start War Dec everyone, or hunt down people from "stale flags" and PVP them. Shake things up, trash talk, piss people off and get people emotional again.

I think that our ocean has a lot of hope for a change, but I've noticed that all people do is make threads about change without MAKING change.
Ballsoffire

Cartographer
[Sep 14, 2012 3:48:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fedorov

I have to agree with you on this point, but there are some aspects of the Babylon concept that are present in our current situation. Some more new blood to the game would be greatly beneficial.

precisely, and not just some aspects, it's most aspects.

babylon will always exist, then and now. The Babylon state appeals and feeds on all aspects of human nature.

Fandango were only one of the very few to combat this situation, and for the most part succeded. It wasn't about wins or loses as much as it was about pure fun and playing for what you believe in.

The NF revolution is the golden age of PP, this is when the population of the ocean was at it's peak. They had it all figured out and the balance between Babylon and Zion was established during that era.

Fedorov, the reason you cannot contend for an island is not because of some Babylonian conspiracy. It is because you are part of the alliance web that you are complaining about. Drop your alliances if you're serious about starting something.

I agree with you and I will make all the necessary moves to drop the allies that are part of Babylon empire. This idea to continue what NF started appeared to me very recently and many of my allies are just my friends that can't contend for an island either. There are only 2 allies that I need to drop and they will understand why I had to drop them.

The one thing I wonder is why this thread is on here. If your annoyed with the stale old flags and want to see something exciting happen, why not just do something. Start War Dec everyone, or hunt down people from "stale flags" and PVP them. Shake things up, trash talk, piss people off and get people emotional again.

I think that our ocean has a lot of hope for a change, but I've noticed that all people do is make threads about change without MAKING change.

why not just do something?

Are you paying attention mate? This is a rally for all pirates who are sick and tired of this damnation and want something different on the ocean, more fun on the ocean, block every weekend etc. You are either in or are you out? We ARE trying to do something about it. This just started mate. I'm not alone on this believe me, I have mates that willing to proceed with this.

and what do you mean war dec everyone? you mean war dec Babylon correct? yes, that is correct.

hunt down people from stale flags? lol, mate do you even know that there are many stale flags that are not island sitting and they don't care about blocks? Before u say without thought you should read the first link i posted in first post. You clearly have no concept or idea of what the coined term "babylon" means.

I agree on the rest of the points you make.
[Sep 14, 2012 8:11:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 67   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates