• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 23577 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
Voidrix00

Re: Incred/Ult Patching Reply to this Post

I got ultimate and number 1 via "speed patching". At first i thought the scoring was kinda retarded, as you could send just about anything up and it would just stay sparkly and the standing's denominator would just increase.

As of one of the more recent patches i noticed there was an increasing amount of boards that had a net value of grommets a lot lower than that of what I had played geting ultimate in the first place. Due to that I started utilizing more of the board, and kept doing what I was doing. In turn now I produce mastpiece/FMP boards consistantly with all the grommets with little speed difference between that and my original speed on older boards.

This is down to two things, having to adapt to keep the ultimate as the standings are starting to finally get stretched out, and having to improve my style to maintain the upper bracket of ultimate/competitions.

From this I can conclude eventually people whom are ultimate(maybe even legendary) will have the balance styles like previously stated in the thread. Much like other puzzles whom have adapted over time e.g. SF/Rumble/Rigs.

Do i think the scoring needs changing? Currently no, however grommet spawns maybe need to be tweaked over time to get the perfect balance. That comes with time and close monitoring.

And in regards to the OP, you are proberbly doing the puzzle fundamentally right to be legendary. However as ikke 'the addict'(<3) previously said, increase your speed with what you're doing and the incred(s) and ultimate will finally come.
----------------------------------------
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Sep 25, 2012 8:29:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

Voidrix wrote: 
ikke 'the addict'(<3) .

I saw that !
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Sep 26, 2012 7:05:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Els1

I've been able to go for a whole LP with the sparkling patch and still only get exc. The Inc is impossible
[Feb 8, 2015 10:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

It's not impossible, but it is more difficult because the curve is higher (on all puzzles) now that Kraken has pulled people away from puzzling, and people have gone back to school and have less time to play.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Feb 8, 2015 4:34:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captinary

That makes zero sense. Getting incredible is not based on the number of people ranked. It doesn't destroy the ability of doing incredible.
Captinary
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Captinary at Feb 8, 2015 11:29:06 PM]
[Feb 8, 2015 11:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

Puzzles have always been scored on a curve. Sometimes that curve is just really, really awful. The patching curve has been kind of insane since a few weeks after it was released, in my opinion.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Feb 9, 2015 12:27:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Umm yes it does make sense if you actually understand how curved scoring works.

If more people do well in patching, the curve goes up and it becomes more difficult to get incredible. Likewise if the general population gets worse in patching and does poorly, the curve goes down and it's easier to get incredible.

Now if the pool of people playing patching is reduced, there is less potential for people to do poorly. There are less people playing, and the people still patching have a higher skill than most of the people who left. Therefore, the general population who plays patching skill goes up, therefore making the curve go up (see above).

When steam and ipad versions were released they brought a rush of greenies who were terrible at the puzzles. This increased the pool of people playing, and most of them were bad so the curve went down and it became easier to incred.

If you can't understand this I'm not sure what else to say. Even if it doesn't make sense to you, it's still true.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Feb 9, 2015 12:35:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates