• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2761 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
sharkie54

Whatever happened to manners in this game? Reply to this Post

Now I may be abusing some game rule by posting this, but I'll just censor it and do it anyway:

X has taken a job with 'Plan B'.
X has come aboard.
Germy Kai has left the vessel.
X has left the vessel.
Typho says, "hello"
Cheeky Philip has come aboard.
X has left 'Plan B'.
Ye told X, "don't you know it's rude to use people as a whisk without asking?"
X tells ye, "I dont really care to be honest =\"
X tells ye, "Thanks for the tell though! :D"
Ye told X, "that's the problem with this game."
Ye told X, "no problem mate"
Ye told X, "just ask next time, some older players like me are a lot worse heh"
X tells ye, "Lmao dude im not gonna ask ever xD no point in trying to preach"
X tells ye, "Enjoy your day."
Ye have muted X.

I'm pretty sure I overreacted a little bit as I haven't played in ages, and I'm not sure if asking to borrow a whisk is still common courtesy, but I was a bit taken aback by his/her response.
[Aug 20, 2012 3:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

Re: Whatever happened to manners in this game? Reply to this Post

So because one pirate was rude, all manners are gone from the game?

I've been away for two years, and started with the Beta. Things are as they've always been. Rude and immature players will always happen, but they're a lot harder to find if you surround yourself with experienced and polite players.
----------------------------------------
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Aug 20, 2012 4:14:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I think this is the time to resurrect the "remove the doubloon cost from whisking potions" thread.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Aug 20, 2012 6:19:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

An established player basing the entirety of the game's population on one person in regards to manner.

Seems pretty rude to me.

I know, I shouldn't be berating you, but it just irks me that people make such blanket statements like this.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Aug 20, 2012 8:50:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

I agree, Germy Kai is rather uncouth to just leave the vessel with nary an utterance.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Aug 21, 2012 1:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raalala

'I'm pretty sure I overreacted a little bit as I haven't played in ages'

So you made a thread about all the bad manners? :( S/he even told you to enjoy your day, seems somewhat polite.

Everyone has their rude streaks, it's well known and playing any game, you'll get the odd ones who are a lot worse than this.
~ Bambeh

Johnydepp says; 'BatBam, your f-ing play on words fetish'
Priapus says; 'Mate, look at his screen, you could play chess on that.'

[Aug 21, 2012 9:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benwick

I agree, Germy Kai is rather uncouth to just leave the vessel with nary an utterance.

Aye. But to be fair it is possible that she suddenly died. She didn't look at all well.
~Wentworth
SO of Schroedinger's Cat
[Aug 21, 2012 9:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Aye. But to be fair it is possible that she suddenly died. She didn't look at all well.

A bit germy, really.
Ivytheblade

[Aug 21, 2012 10:01:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Redundancy killed her.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 21, 2012 10:05:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lordchicken9

yea there are a lot of tools on this game, when I usually get in a fight or something I post it in my news so I remember it and try to mess with them later xD
Chickenlord on Emerald

Helen Keller once said: The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
How would she know XD?

Captinary did the avatar :o with my recommandations on the
[Aug 21, 2012 10:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

A bit germy, really.

If that's the case, staying on would have been even more rude :O Lest she become Typhoid Kai >.>
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Aug 21, 2012 11:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

A bit germy, really.

If that's the case, staying on would have been even more rude :O Lest she become Typhoid Kai >.>

A real sickly peter.
Ivytheblade

[Aug 21, 2012 11:59:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

List of islands with manners. The wiki knows stuff. =)
[Aug 21, 2012 1:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devoinmoore

This isn't one player though. I've seen alot o' players like that. Every time I host a pillage, I run into 2 or 3 of them.

Only thing you can do is mute them, and hunt their character down, informing the captain o' ship their on that they're bad players, and watch as they try to yell at you but can't because their mute lol.

Or just mute them and leave it at that. <.<

I've played this game across 3 accounts across 5 years. They are alot ruder now. But you can't really fix it.
[Aug 21, 2012 5:41:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

This isn't one player though. I've seen alot o' players like that. Every time I host a pillage, I run into 2 or 3 of them.

Only thing you can do is mute them, and hunt their character down, informing the captain o' ship their on that they're bad players, and watch as they try to yell at you but can't because their mute lol.

Or just mute them and leave it at that. <.<

I've played this game across 3 accounts across 5 years. They are alot ruder now. But you can't really fix it.

Man, you are just an unlucky soul, aren't you?

I've actually never had this happen on any pillies I've run. *shrug*.

Maybe you just need to think POSITIVE so good things will happen to you. Doom and Gloom is soooooo last year.
Ivytheblade

[Aug 22, 2012 12:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devoinmoore

Maybe you just need to think POSITIVE so good things will happen to you. Doom and Gloom is soooooo last year.

Cause you know, you think positive, bad people stop coming... cause the game works like that <.<

I like to think that action gets good things done, not thinking of any kind. As for those jobbers, you've had plenty, just don't know it because guys are more likely to notice jerks. (Proven through centuries of female relationships lol. But joking aside, guys notice jerks easier. How our brains work as a defense against other man that could be threatening.)
[Aug 22, 2012 12:52:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

What did I just read.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Aug 22, 2012 12:56:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I don't even...
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Aug 22, 2012 2:11:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

The problem is obviously that you were pillaging. I don't get these jobbers because I don't pillage.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Aug 22, 2012 3:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Well now, this thread seems to get some interesting answers :D - and that's a sarcastic grin.

There has always been people that are rude and just looking for other people to abuse/use. There always will be. You can mute them and ignore from the moment on. You can also try to adjust yourself to accept it and let those moments pass.

What I wouldn't personally recommend you to do is memorizing those players and go after them, especially if the point would be trying to stalk them and cause harm intentionally - it isn't mature, effective neither is it really within the rules of the game.

Ivy is sort of right, by the way - eventually, if you're a nice fellow, you will be surrounded with nice fellows. Probably because you've got all the rotten apples muted and you've built up a good reputation which leads into the situation where your name on the noticeboard gets people jobbing for you only because it is you and they know it'll be fun.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Aug 22, 2012 5:10:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I should PM sizzly all my answers to remove my tarty nature and articulate my thoughts.

Positive people attract positive reactions, attract the good nature of people and good natured people.

I do run pillages, not as frequent as I should, but often enough to be a pillage navver. I'm no paragon, but the worst jobbers I have are those who have to go after the battle, and most of them tell me.

Maybe because I don't just chat ''hello'' or order them to a station. Talking to people - people, not machines - helps.
Ivytheblade

[Aug 22, 2012 6:09:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates