• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8649 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Jeted

Santaa Xmas 1mil Giveaway Reply to this Post

Hello Everyone from Jeted, AKA Santaa, i have posted this thread to address the upcoming event '2012 Xmas Giveaway' which aims its target at 1mil total in prizes and gifts, if all goes well 2mil.

keep referring to this thread for up to date postings and replys, thank you.

Remember while giving/helping with getting gifts is fine, it is not mandatory, do not feel preasurred

Contents:

1. Details of the event
2. Candidates for Santaa
3. Santaa's little helpers candidates
4. Pledges/gift giving
5. Rewards (what you get for helping)

1. Details of the event

Basically if you remember your history of Puzzle Pirates on the Sage ocean then you might know that in 2011 I got a bit fed up with the lack of giving and friendliness that occurred sometimes on the server so to rectify this i created the account Santaa and set about giving away all that i had in gifts, whether it was PoE, Dubs, clothes or even ships.

To continue this 'tradition' I will also be funding a second event, however due the overall popularity of the 'mystery of who is Santaa?' i have decided to keep that secret again by leaving the duty of being Santaa to the most charitable pirates on Emerald.(read further down below)

Anyway the event this year will be aiming at 1mil of cash and prizes, culminating in the mass giveaway of top prizes and the thanking party.

2. Candidates for Santaa

As you may have read I will be leaving the Duty of being Santaa up to a very charitable and kind pirate on Emerald. If you wish to apply for this position either contact me in-game (Jeted or Santaa) or post here on the forum with the following post:

I ............ Wish to apply for the position of Santaa, I am charitable from such examples as ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................and I have (at least 3 players) who can reference this and have accounts older than 1 year.

Good Luck to everyone who applies.

3 Santaa's little helper candidates

If you are reading this then you are interested in applying to become a little helper. As a little helper you will have either done one of the following:

*donated gifts or money
*decided to help with the running of events

You can only be a little helper if acknowledged by Santaa or Jeted or have applied for the position here or in game via Jeted or Santaa.

If you wish to apply simply send a tell to Jeted or Santaa or type the following and post:

I ......... Wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role i would like to help with events, donate items to the event or both.
(if you want to donate write the following)
I would also like to donate ...................................

Thank you for the interest here guys.

Helpers so far:
Pinkbooties - donation
Lorlan - events
Reddit - events

4. Pledges/gift giving

If your reading this than you wish to give a gift to help this cause, thats simple, just read the above passage in point 3.

Anything can be donated, from cash, the ships, all the way up to familiars (only happened once). The biggest amount donated by any one pirate will receive a consolation prize and receive a special mention in the Thankyou Party. The previous record recorded was estimated to be 155k, anyone who beats this will also receive a special prize.

5. Rewards

Anyone who helps with this event will receive a big thank you from Jeted and Santaa alike and you will also receive a small consolation prize (gets bigger depending on what you give or do) not only this but you will also get an official Santaa and Jeted Thank you.

Thank you for reading all of this guys, see you all at Xmas time.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :D
----------------------------------------
Jeted on Sage (Emerald) Ocean

Santaa on the Emerald Ocean, instigator of the 2011 and 2012 Xmas Giveaways.

------------------------------
I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Jeted at Aug 24, 2012 10:17:10 PM]
[Aug 20, 2012 4:54:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
ye_shannon

Re: Santaa Xmas 1mil Giveaway Reply to this Post

i can help you out a little XD
[Aug 20, 2012 5:25:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rangera5

WHAT A LOAD OF BRUSSEL SPROUTS[ /size]
[Aug 21, 2012 2:27:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
balmung632

I Lorlan wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role I would like to help with events.
[Aug 24, 2012 1:17:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benarv

Bah Humbug.
Pgoog says, "Hitch is the kind of guy who's nice to you...and you can't quite work out why"
[Aug 24, 2012 2:58:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

I Lorlan wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role I would like to help with events.

Of course mate, now what type of events do you want to help with, you can:

*run a Santaa pilly for me while giving away random prizes (provided by me) to the jobbers

*run tourneys for me (prizes provided by me unless you want to do otherwise)

*hold trinket/small prize wager challenges around the docks with prizes provided by me

or if you have another idea re-post

Cheers for your interest mate ;)

I didn't start the Xmas in July ones, but im pretty sure Pegasiswolf dedicated them in remembrance of me
[Aug 24, 2012 10:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

I would like to run a Santaa pilly sometime. It would be great fun. I just want to help out for once instead of losing money in poker and sinking effortlessly.

Hope to hear from ye,
Factors.
Factors on every ocean - Active on Obsidian

[Aug 26, 2012 11:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

Also, would the Santaa, have to donate their own gifts to people, or can they just be a very kind and charitable person, (I have someone in mind).

Thanks,
Factors

[Aug 27, 2012 12:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

Also, would the Santaa, have to donate their own gifts to people, or can they just be a very kind and charitable person, (I have someone in mind).

Thanks,
Factors

In no way does the Santaa have to donate their own gifts, they can if they wish however.

Post whoever it is your thinking of and ill consider it (remember i provide most of the stuff here)

[Aug 28, 2012 4:53:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

I would like to nominate Bisca. She has decorated mine and 2 other friends ships with cool stuff so i think she should be Santaa because she is a very kind and charitable person. Also she has just had her account hacked and her items and familiars stolen and i want her to be thanked for her charitable act.

Please make her Santaa,
Factors!

[Aug 28, 2012 1:49:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
balmung632

Of course mate, now what type of events do you want to help with, you can: *run a Santaa pilly for me while giving away random prizes (provided by me) to the jobbers *run tourneys for me (prizes provided by me unless you want to do otherwise) *hold trinket/small prize wager challenges around the docks with prizes provided by me or if you have another idea re-post Cheers for your interest mate ;)

I was wondering whether or not I could do an Xmas Trivia Event? I've done trivia events before and I've given fairly sizeable amounts of items. But the last one I ran only had about 10 people show up for even though I gave away about 500k+ in items and poe.
[Oct 28, 2012 8:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jazzamazzed

I think this is a great concept for a lovely Puzzle Pirates Christmas and I wouldn't mind donating a few items (boats, furniture, trinkets) but I am a bit unsure in the trust this would involve (Wouldn't want any Grinches right?). Someone saying their friend's account being hacked does not make me feel comfortable giving their account things in case they get hacked again. Furthermore, the people as references in this game could be absolutely anyone, many people here that I would not trust (How do you exactly verify if someone is a valid reference?). The protection of fundamental Christmas spirit could be at stake here. I would like to see this event happen, but I would just like more information on the assurance that it will run smoothly.
[Oct 28, 2012 8:26:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I think this is a great concept for a lovely Puzzle Pirates Christmas and I wouldn't mind donating a few items (boats, furniture, trinkets) but I am a bit unsure in the trust this would involve (Wouldn't want any Grinches right?). Someone saying their friend's account being hacked does not make me feel comfortable giving their account things in case they get hacked again. Furthermore, the people as references in this game could be absolutely anyone, many people here that I would not trust (How do you exactly verify if someone is a valid reference?). The protection of fundamental Christmas spirit could be at stake here. I would like to see this event happen, but I would just like more information on the assurance that it will run smoothly.

I'm a valid reference! However I am not going to run anything for Christmas. :p <3
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Oct 28, 2012 9:23:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vonElfinburg

I, Dr. Ludwigga von Elfinburg, vould be pleased to to dust off the non-combustible coal delivery devices und assist in the running of events. I have sworn off the manufacturing of robots (honest), so I can assure you nothing vill go wrong! NOTHING! AHA.. ahem. I hear bio-engineering produces far more reliable results.

(Yes, 2006 was rather a low point in our operation, but I hope you all remember that we did ultimately manage to save Christmas.)
Dr. Ludwigga von Elfinburg
Mad Scientist, Deck the Hulls.
Saving Christmas one Year at a Time!
[Oct 31, 2012 11:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sk8ergurl13

Will this be ON x-mas?
Skatergurl of Emerald
[Nov 3, 2012 1:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

/e wonders if this is still gonna happen. Jetted hasn't played for a month. :O
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Nov 3, 2012 4:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shania_rosie

i would love to help but i am from the other ocean . maybe next year can we make one for the other ocean :P
[Nov 5, 2012 5:08:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

/e wonders if this is still gonna happen. Jetted hasn't played for a month. :O

Yes guys i am very sorry about being absent for so long, but i recently bought a new gaming rig after my old laptop with PP broke, however i have redownloaded the game and am now able to log on for this.

[Nov 10, 2012 12:22:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

Of course mate, now what type of events do you want to help with, you can: *run a Santaa pilly for me while giving away random prizes (provided by me) to the jobbers *run tourneys for me (prizes provided by me unless you want to do otherwise) *hold trinket/small prize wager challenges around the docks with prizes provided by me or if you have another idea re-post Cheers for your interest mate ;)

I was wondering whether or not I could do an Xmas Trivia Event? I've done trivia events before and I've given fairly sizeable amounts of items. But the last one I ran only had about 10 people show up for even though I gave away about 500k+ in items and poe.

I would be most gracious if you could do that mate, ill sponsor you some items as well if you dont want to use your own and advertise for it as an official event for it. thank you always for your interest.

[Nov 10, 2012 12:31:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Pawiee

I, Pawie, wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role I would like to help out with events.
I'm fine with holding tournaments (<333) and holding small prize wager challenges <3
[Nov 10, 2012 5:30:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

I, Pawie, wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role I would like to help out with events.
I'm fine with holding tournaments (<333) and holding small prize wager challenges <3

I would have no problems with that.

If you would just mind posting or PMing me your pirate name and what times you can be on PP in Adelaide, South Australian time, that would help me a great deal.

Just an extra bit of info guys:

I NEED DOCK SITTERS. THESE PEOPLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WELCOMING PEOPLE TO ADMIRAL AND OFFERING THEM A CHALLENGE WHERE ONLY YOU WAGER A PRIZE. (PROVIDED BY ME OF COURSE UNLESS YOUR FEELING GENEROUS)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jeted at Nov 10, 2012 3:11:56 PM]
[Nov 10, 2012 5:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Twittly

Just an extra bit of info guys:

I NEED DOCK SITTERS. THESE PEOPLE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WELCOMING PEOPLE TO ADMIRAL AND OFFERING THEM A CHALLENGE WHERE ONLY YOU WAGER A PRIZE. (PROVIDED BY ME OF COURSE UNLESS YOUR FEELING GENEROUS)

Dock Tarting! You know me ever so well! Sign me up I guess >.>
~Twittly~ on "Sage" "Emerald" Ocean
Check out my gallery of other avatars
[Nov 10, 2012 6:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

Just a little post to let everyone know about people who have donated significant prizes so far:

Dignit, of 'The Trinity' crew for donating a wine/wine sloop and choosing to dock tart for us.

Captbigbelly, of 'Midnite Devils' crew for donating a huge amount of prizes and poe.

Jillie, of 'For Your Eyes Only' crew for donation of chromas

Candyh of 'Black Rose Of Death' crew for some good donations of furni and trinkets alike

Twittly for some good help.

I will edit this post when more people do so

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Jeted at Nov 30, 2012 5:58:31 PM]
[Nov 10, 2012 7:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

I, Dr. Ludwigga von Elfinburg, vould be pleased to to dust off the non-combustible coal delivery devices und assist in the running of events. I have sworn off the manufacturing of robots (honest), so I can assure you nothing vill go wrong! NOTHING! AHA.. ahem. I hear bio-engineering produces far more reliable results.

(Yes, 2006 was rather a low point in our operation, but I hope you all remember that we did ultimately manage to save Christmas.)

I vould be glad to have vou.

Just reply to this and i will weigh you in to it

[Nov 10, 2012 7:34:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
vonElfinburg

Ah! I am quite delighted to hear from you and your fine operations.
Dr. Ludwigga von Elfinburg
Mad Scientist, Deck the Hulls.
Saving Christmas one Year at a Time!
[Nov 14, 2012 4:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cjmjr

I would like to be a Santaa for this event. I would be willing to run a xmas pillage for this, I have done lots of trivia, for me and others, and i give poe to my crew when they are short for badges.
Cjmjr on Emerald.

Captain of the crew Swords and bludgeons.
King of the flag The lost Swords.

Check Frigtastic Four on Barbary for cheap lifeboats.
Check Asgardian Ale on Barbary for cheap rum products.

[Nov 17, 2012 8:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

The give away is now underway, see you all soon.

[Dec 1, 2012 7:21:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
squeakrules

I Burningheat wish to apply to become a little helper, in this role I would like to help with events.
[Dec 1, 2012 9:33:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

OK GUYS, the current amount given away so far is 420k! This is a fantastic start, but i feel I can lift this up to much better heights. Due to not being able to find everyone in-game since the start of the event, I will need all the dock tarters and pillage runners, if they still want to, to put up their suitable times.

A big thank you to Twittly for his time so far as the chief dock-tarter.

[Dec 4, 2012 7:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Jeted

The event is now closed, we reached our goal easily and im glad to say that this year was another success. I am just sorry i was not on all the time to do the Santaa duties as a friend of mine died shortly after the event started. TY for being a part of this guys, see you all next event.

[Dec 21, 2012 7:44:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Jeted [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates