• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 209
Posts: 209   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 37582 times and has 208 replies Next Thread
ninatheonly

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [Deadline September 18th] Reply to this Post

Blue or orange? XD
----------------------------------------
Chiichan on Emerald Ocean
[Sep 18, 2012 7:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [Deadline September 18th] Reply to this Post

@Chiichan - I think you should enter both blue and orange, artists will choose what they like more :)

I think it's done now; comments are welcome

Masters on Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Distructible at Sep 18, 2012 1:17:54 PM]
[Sep 18, 2012 8:41:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
N_o_v_a

Hey guys.

I only just submitted my entries for this month in the nick of time, and I thought I'd post them here too, just if anyone was curious. I tried to focus more on different lighting this time.

Edit: Broken Links

I literally finished the catacombs 15 minutes before the deadline, and right away I was picking up on lighting inconsistencies. Hope to see some of you next round.
Phillite, Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by N_o_v_a at Sep 19, 2012 2:43:34 PM]
[Sep 19, 2012 2:30:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

This edition is now in judging, the arrrtists will have a hard time picking the winners, so many wonderful backgrounds! The backgrounds currently in game from Fairytale and Explorer/Exotic Edition will remain available for another month :)

A reminder to everyone: please make sure to use only your own original art. Feel free to see tutorials, take advice from others, etc. but at the end of the day, make sure that everything in the background is your own original work. If anyone is unsure about something, feel free to ask in this thread or shoot me a PM.
[Sep 19, 2012 12:00:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
N_o_v_a

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [In judging] Reply to this Post

Uh, halp.

So in my last post I posted my entries I submitted into this month's contest. I used the direct link to the yppedia image. I looked back today and the images were broken, so I reuploaded them elsewhere because I figured maybe you guys get rid of the images when a new contest round is open. I looked at the portrait entries categories page page and saw both my entries have been deleted. Chiichan's too.

What's going on?

Edit: False alarm, sorta. Looks like Chiichan and I didn't lowercase our file names, so Fannon has kindly renamed them after the deadline. Moving along...
Phillite, Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by N_o_v_a at Sep 19, 2012 3:07:37 PM]
[Sep 19, 2012 3:01:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [In judging] Reply to this Post

Yeah, I was sleeping last night when the deadline passed, so didn't get to moving them to the correct names until this morning. The original upload time still shows, so it doesn't affect anything with the deadline, just screws with any direct links. I'm not sure why you weren't initially able to see them in the category though - they should have still showed up there just fine.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Sep 19, 2012 3:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
N_o_v_a

Yeah, they seem fine now that I've done a hard refresh of the page.
Phillite, Emerald
[Sep 19, 2012 3:55:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Behold! A record number of winners! This edition has been excellent *faints*
I have divided the winners by background size for easy viewing.

Single Pirate Backgrounds:
Angelira's Draconic Wings

Bambeh's Autumn Glasslands

Cattrin's Corn Field

Cattrin's Witches Pot

Deathmessage's Dark Hallows

Dexla's Halloween Brew

Frayscarlet's Autumn Pergola

Inghild's Bone Chapel

Inghild's Autumn Shack

Jennygalaxy's Bogey Buccaneers

Kipper's Halloween Nightmare

Omerta's Spooky Waters

Phillite's Autumn Forest

Phillite's Catacombs

Thedeath's Haunted Dream

Xioch's November's Nocturne

Two-Pirate Backgrounds:
Cattrin's Apple Orchard

Cattrin's Hayride

Chiichan's Scarecrow Field

Dexla's Autumn Woods

Greylady's Haunted Graveyard

Kaybear's Autumn Equinox

Thedeath's Delirious Moonlight

Velternal's Fall Fair

Large Portrait Backgrounds:
Ambrygold's Hallows' Sunset
Link to image

Angelira's Tales of the Infernal Abyss
Link to image

Bleedingrose's Bonfire Night on the Beach
Link to image

Masters' Autumn Light
Link to image

Musicologist's Haunted Curtain Call
Link to image

The winners please PM me with:
* confirmation of pirate name and ocean to receive the prizes
* choice of in-game clothing (anything purchasable from a tailor that doesn't require a Design or Reputation)
* real name and full mailing address for real-life prizes
* or a second in-game clothing item if you don't wish to have the real-life prize
* choice of Greenbones egg or doll, or Fishheadred egg or doll!

Congratulations everyone and thank you all for participating!
Edit: Correcting links
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Clotho at Sep 28, 2012 7:49:08 PM]
[Sep 24, 2012 8:13:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
x_starfire_x

Re: Limited Edition Portrait Background - Halloween/Autumn Edition 2012 [Winners announced!] Reply to this Post

Woooow, so many winners!! Congratulations everyone! :D
Angelira - Cerulean | Vespera - Emerald

Avatar by Yumisa, Kurenai, Seapint, Ivy and Daeva!

::Art Commissions::
[Sep 24, 2012 8:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://vainia.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Xiochal

Congratulations to all the winners :D There is a lot of winners indeed, however all the entries did look great! ^^
[Sep 24, 2012 8:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

So many pretty portraits! I'm not surprised they picked so many winners. Really no way to narrow it down. :)

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to take full credit for both of Ing's portraits winning.

J/K.

Mostly. ;)
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Sep 24, 2012 9:41:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Many thanks! Congratulation everyone! :)
Masters on Emerald.
[Sep 24, 2012 10:19:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lala_baby

Thank you heaps :) and congratulations to all the winners! Amazing backgrounds.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination." - Henry David Thoreau

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frayscarlet of Emerald

[Sep 24, 2012 10:38:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Four? FOUR?

I'll just be over here hyperventilating.

Thank you so much!

Congrats to everyone as well, I'm looking forward to spending a pretty penny on several of these.
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Sep 25, 2012 2:18:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

If I get another expansive next month- I'll tie Angelira for most expansives in a row!
Thanks again and Gratz to all!

I was mistaken- I'm currently tied XD!
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jongy5 at Sep 25, 2012 12:32:33 PM]
[Sep 25, 2012 3:10:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Thanks for including mine in the mix this year! Although... I have a sneaky suspicion that perhaps I wore the artists/judges down and they selected them so I couldn't resubmit them evah again! 3rd? 4th time's a charm, right?
<<gigantic hugs>> Thank you!!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Sep 25, 2012 5:42:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Omg so many winning portraits. Congrats to all the winners. Those poor pirates will have such a hard time when choosing a new portrait :)

Thanks for selecting both portraits ^^
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Sep 25, 2012 8:15:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face. This edition has been record breaking in so many ways - all the entries were incredible (must... get... all...).
Congratulations!
[Sep 25, 2012 8:40:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

So many pretty portraits! I'm not surprised they picked so many winners. Really no way to narrow it down. :)

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to take full credit for both of Ing's portraits winning.

J/K.

Mostly. ;)

So you should :) Thanks for your help Fannon
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Yngve6 at Sep 25, 2012 11:23:24 AM]
[Sep 25, 2012 11:22:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ambrygold

Thank you so much and congratulations everyone!
Ambrygold of Cerulean Ocean

Pirates, when perfected, are the best of animals, but when separated from law and justice, they are even more awesome!
[Sep 25, 2012 12:23:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Thanks for selecting my Haunted Graveyard, and gratz to everyone! Wow, just can't believe how many were selected! Whew!!!
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Sep 25, 2012 1:16:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karmella1

I ... I can't even... Two of my entries won I can't believe it! :O
Congratz to everyone!
Deathwaltz on the Emerald Ocean (former Sage)
Alt: Notwaltz
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Karmella1 at Sep 26, 2012 11:54:55 AM]
[Sep 25, 2012 1:48:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verziga

Big congrats to everyone...this little contest's just getting bigger and better every month.

I have a question for our glorious leader...Clotho, will my pipe organ pic from last year be included in the halloween entries when they hit the game? You mentioned a while ago it would be and I've already had my prizes for it. Just like to know so I can tell my friend who comissioned it in the first place...she's been waiting a long time for it ;)

@ Cattrin...HUUUGE congrats on 4 winners. I remember that feeling well :D
Verziga of Emerald
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the crew 'Deadliest Catch'
Lord of the flag 'League of Light'
Too busy to play...too busy to draw. Stupid job :(
[Sep 27, 2012 1:28:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Yes. I believe it was enabled on Friday, April 13th but only for the day, we expect to be haunted by a concerto this Halloween season!
[Sep 27, 2012 3:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Yes. I believe it was enabled on Friday, April 13th but only for the day, we expect to be haunted by a concerto this Halloween season!

Concertos always haunt me.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Sep 27, 2012 5:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verziga

Great news....thankyou lovely Clotho. Yes it was up for just one day and I managed to get a special guest to pose in it with me ;)
Verziga of Emerald
Senior Officer and Ambassador of the crew 'Deadliest Catch'
Lord of the flag 'League of Light'
Too busy to play...too busy to draw. Stupid job :(
[Sep 28, 2012 2:00:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Ahoy my dear artists,

Due to the forums being mean to me the last couple of days, I've been unable to finish replying to all the PMs and I'm running behind schedule.
I will get to it later today and early tomorrow morning. Thank you all for your patience!
[Oct 1, 2012 1:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
x_starfire_x

Ahoy my dear artists,

Due to the forums being mean to me the last couple of days, I've been unable to finish replying to all the PMs and I'm running behind schedule.
I will get to it later today and early tomorrow morning. Thank you all for your patience!

*gives cookies and coffee* <3
Angelira - Cerulean | Vespera - Emerald

Avatar by Yumisa, Kurenai, Seapint, Ivy and Daeva!

::Art Commissions::
[Oct 1, 2012 8:14:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://vainia.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Thank ye!
[Oct 1, 2012 10:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 209   Pages: 7   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates