• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14596 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
thylawrence2

Re: Question on game abuse Reply to this Post

Sorry about the bump, but I find this thread very, very fascinating and I just wanted to clarify something.

So the new system basically ranks people by the number of high incredibles they get, not by how high the highest one is. In a 30 min sailing comp today, i would estimate that the top 2 scores had about 10-12 ties before it was broken by the something like the 13th highest duty report. I' not saying this is a bad thing, it just makes these a lot more like bakeoffs than a highest score competition. My only concern with this is that now people will try to find out exactly what scores above the cap and then see if they can do it every DR or you need to kind of make a wave of it and hit every other or every 3rd or something. It will change the puzzling style for hitting a very high score, to hitting a just barley high enough score. And this will be different for every puzzle based on how easy or hard it is to hit that cap. It completely changes the goal of these duty puzzle competitions. Its definitely better than it was before, but i think it'd be nicer to simply increase the scoring cap(to a point where it cant be reached) if that's possible at some point. My question is for multi-puzzle overall scoring, if the top 10 or so pirates tie for sailing, do they all have the same overall score? or does the tie-breakers affect or increase their score from that one puzzle towards the overall score.

Is it really true that competitions are now ranked by number of high incs, not highest inc (as it has been for basically forever)? Or is this only for the "tiebreaker"?
----------------------------------------
All about Tothemoonn! of the Emerald Ocean

Artistic rendition of my face and upper body by the superbly skilled Xioch!
[Oct 28, 2012 2:04:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Re: Question on game abuse Reply to this Post

Sorry about the bump, but I find this thread very, very fascinating and I just wanted to clarify something.

So the new system basically ranks people by the number of high incredibles they get, not by how high the highest one is. In a 30 min sailing comp today, i would estimate that the top 2 scores had about 10-12 ties before it was broken by the something like the 13th highest duty report. I' not saying this is a bad thing, it just makes these a lot more like bakeoffs than a highest score competition. My only concern with this is that now people will try to find out exactly what scores above the cap and then see if they can do it every DR or you need to kind of make a wave of it and hit every other or every 3rd or something. It will change the puzzling style for hitting a very high score, to hitting a just barley high enough score. And this will be different for every puzzle based on how easy or hard it is to hit that cap. It completely changes the goal of these duty puzzle competitions. Its definitely better than it was before, but i think it'd be nicer to simply increase the scoring cap(to a point where it cant be reached) if that's possible at some point. My question is for multi-puzzle overall scoring, if the top 10 or so pirates tie for sailing, do they all have the same overall score? or does the tie-breakers affect or increase their score from that one puzzle towards the overall score.

Is it really true that competitions are now ranked by number of high incs, not highest inc (as it has been for basically forever)? Or is this only for the "tiebreaker"?

It's only if scores are tied.
----------------------------------------
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Oct 28, 2012 11:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates