• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 40
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6138 times and has 39 replies Next Thread
TheRack

Random Olympic Letters Reply to this Post

Dear Mr Cavendish,

You tart about Australia not carrying you to Gold? You may not have noticed this, but those guys in yellow are racing for an entire different team. You may have also noticed that one of the guys in yellow was out in the breakway the entire race. Its well understood that with a man in the breakaway that there was no obligation on Australia to help out the chase. The peleton generally played it exceptionally smart the way they worked Team GB. Suck it up - O'Grady may not have got a medal, but it was clearly one of the best rides of the event.

Mr Cavendish, if you want to tart, how about you take aim at the drug cheat who claimed gold... should never have been in the race to start with.

Kind Regards,

Lovers of Cycling.
----------------------------------------
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 29, 2012 3:18:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alamarana88

Re: Random Olympic Letters Reply to this Post

Dear NBC,

Gee, thanks for making it a requirement that in order to watch live stream of ANYTHING, you need to have either a cable or satellite subscription. I guess I'll go watch women's cycling and whatever else pops up on NBC instead of keeping up with beach volleyball and soccer.

I remember why I switched to CBS News now. Hate NBC.
Griffinbane of Viridian
Retired

Echelon says, "nothing like having the power of the bristle 5000 between your legs!"

[Jul 29, 2012 6:56:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

If anything, it was the German team who should have taken to the front of the peloton more often to help Greipel out but it seemed they decided they'd rather their teammate didn't get a medal than help Cavendish to one. Very defeatist. Hopefully Wiggo is recovered for the time trial though.
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Jul 29, 2012 7:00:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Eh, Olympics Cycling. Nothing tests a true cyclist like the Tour De France. It is all just sprinters in the Olympics.
Captainrich
[Jul 29, 2012 9:19:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Best analysis I read of the race - Pointed out that England was dependent on Plan A, and Plan A only. Not having a plan B is normally asking for trouble... but when it was expected that others would be setting out to make sure your plan A fails, your doomed right from the start. The Germans race though did suck.

Would have been interesting to see Team GB plant themselves at the back of the peleton, looked at the others and said "you ride" to those who should have been helping.

Dear Hamadou Djibo Issaka,

Congratulations on upholding a proud tradition of demonstrating that if your willing to put in the time and effort, by pushing through the blood sweat and tears, by making the hard sacrifices, and simply giving your all to chase your dreams, anybody can make it to the Olympics (provided you come from the right nation).

Dear Kim Jong Il,

Oh Glorious leader, how amazing are you. You may be dead, yet your still helping people lift 3 times their bodyweight over their head. If only golf were an Olympic sport... just imagine the greatness you could have achieved.

Period. End of story.

[Jul 30, 2012 3:26:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dexterbug

It seems like the way only way to experience NBC's delayed primetime broadcasts is to avoid using a computer and social media for the next two weeks. It doesn't help that NBC's streaming service requires people to throw away money at a cable or satellite subscription.

Eh, Olympics Cycling. Nothing tests a true cyclist like the Tour De France. It is all just sprinters in the Olympics.

True cyclist? Eh. Tour de France's simply nothing more than a contest of attrition. The Olympic track race is not much different than the Winter game's speed skating, but on wheels. If you're not watching the event play then what's the point of complaining about something you're not watching? If you're watching an event that you have no interest in and complaining about watching it, that's not necessarily the event's fault.

The road race was okay. The favorites bickering & complaining on how the race played out was amusing. Nine loops around Box Hill was terribly boring. A155 mile course in 1 day is not a sprint race.

Re Men's 4x100M Relay. Whoever the US coach that thought pleasing the media by anchoring with Lochte was a good idea, a day in which he swam 2-3 times earlier in the day, might not have a clue on how to assemble a "team" to win a race.

If it swells, ride it!

[Jul 30, 2012 11:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

True cyclist? Eh. Tour de France's simply nothing more than a contest of attrition. The Olympic track race is not much different than the Winter game's speed skating, but on wheels. If you're not watching the event play then what's the point of complaining about something you're not watching? If you're watching an event that you have no interest in and complaining about watching it, that's not necessarily the event's fault.

But I am not complaining? Derp.
Captainrich
[Jul 30, 2012 1:16:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Dear US and Brazil Women's Volleyball Teams,

I don't know if it's the sport standard, but the group hugs after you did something good made it a fun thing to watch at lunch.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jul 30, 2012 1:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Dear Olympic Women's Beach Volleyball Competitors, please stop being flat.

Sincerely, all men who are watching beach volleyball for that one reason.

Dear Missy Franklin, really? You swim on your highschool team? Damn, that must suck for other schools near you.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Jul 30, 2012 1:34:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Dear London organizers,

Screw you.

Your handling of the games thus far in my experience has been a joke. It started with the way you "allocated" tickets. Now I find out that there *are* still tickets available for the women's gymnastics finals. I've seen empty seats at *every* event I had applied for.

You knew on Thursday that Old Trafford had run out of food/drink early during the double header football match. Yet you did nothing to fix it, because by half-time during the first match of the double header on Saturday, the same thing had happened. The security checks were a nightmare. Instead of having signs clearly stating where you had to go, or even people directing the flow of traffic towards the proper screening areas, we got to the front of one very long line, only to be directed to another very long line.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jul 30, 2012 2:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
dexterbug

But I am not complaining? Derp.

Whatever floats your boat.

If it swells, ride it!

[Jul 31, 2012 7:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

That comment about Le Tour got me thinking.

In reality, half of the game is having a team that is strong enough to carry you. The individual time trial on the other hand is about as close as your going to get to the true test of the road cyclist.

---

Dear Women I am currently watching on TV.

Ah yes, the diving. That once every 4 year event we hope and pray that somebody will attempt a Somersault with Tucked pool entry, but know it will never happen. Can you have a shot at i just for me... just this once?

Rack

PS: I'm generally pretty comfortable with heights, but you are aware that its not normal to jump off anything 3 to 4 storeys high without hesitation, regardless of whether or not there is water at the bottom?

Period. End of story.

[Jul 31, 2012 8:15:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

Dear US womens gymnastics team,

You were pretty damn fantastic. ^_^

-British guy who was happy with our sixth place finish.
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Jul 31, 2012 6:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

Dear Wiggo,

Well done sir!
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Aug 1, 2012 2:21:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Dear Badminton Players.

Why not just retire injured? Much easier.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 2, 2012 2:47:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Dear Olympics

Thanks for giving a reason to show on TV all the peripheral sports that I enjoy watching.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Aug 2, 2012 4:24:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Dear Boxing,

Stop being fixed.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Aug 2, 2012 9:17:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Dear Male Athletes.

l2bhot. Only one or two of you have actually provided me any eye-candy value. I actually was watching the game play in a match earlier. Sad.

At least Women's Volleyball never fails to please.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Aug 3, 2012 1:38:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Dear James Magnussen,

Please swim 0.02 seconds faster next time you failure!!!
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Aug 3, 2012 3:03:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Dear Olympics,

I'm aware that the Olympic Village is a massive sex orgy with hundreds of thousands of condoms ordered prior to the games. Now, can you please add a sport that I can do like channel changing? I want to hang with that Dutch field hockey team.

Sincerely, All Hormonal Nerds.
Ions

[Edit 1 times, last edit by atoms12123 at Aug 3, 2012 8:13:05 PM]
[Aug 3, 2012 8:12:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Dear Australia,

Gold medals pls.

xoxox
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Aug 3, 2012 10:21:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Dear Australian Media,

When Australia ends up with its worst result in 25 years, rather than pulling out the cliches, celebrate the achievements. Seriously, that might be a disappointing gold medal haul for a country that expects gold, but that is still a crapload of medals we have...

Period. End of story.

[Aug 4, 2012 2:26:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Dear Australian Men's 4s.

This is the pinnacle of your sport. You haven't disappointed anyone, you haven't let anyone down. You rowed your bloody hearts out.

And hey, lookit that you guys are the SECOND FASTEST ROWERS IN THE WORLD.

Celebrate that, I guarantee your families are, and so is the rest of the country.

That goes for the rest of you guys as well. Standing on the podium at ALL is a bloody achievement. And winning isn't what the Olympics is supposed to be about anyway - remember?
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Aug 4, 2012 4:45:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bronzebeard

It'd be great if the entire Olympics was on bikes or boats. Rule Britannia!
Peglegpaul
Now on Obsidian!
[Aug 4, 2012 6:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Dear Olympics,

Please replace that crappy contest where the horse walks slowly around the sandbox with something cool, like jousting.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Aug 4, 2012 7:42:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Akatsukieye

Dear Jessica Ennis,

Marry me?

Dear Maria Sharapova,

Marry me?

Dear Louise Hazel,

Marry me?

Dear Hope Solo,

Marry me?

Dear Stephanie Rice,

Marry me?

Dear Serena Williams,

Are you a man?
[Aug 4, 2012 8:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
suejahel

Dear Team GB

I have never known a day like this ! It's not called super Saturday for nothing.

I'm staggered by the number of Gold medals we have won today.

Jessica you have done your country and our city proud. Mo, you are just fantastic. Saying 'well done' seems so little after what you have achieved.
Mabelann on most oceans
[Aug 4, 2012 1:53:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Dear America,

You guys rock. Especially your basketball teams and swimming team and volleyball teams and waterpolo teams etc.
Ions

[Aug 4, 2012 2:38:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

It'd be great if the entire Olympics was on bikes or boats. Rule Britannia!

If only there was a pedalo medal, we'd be dead certs.

Freddie Flintoff Rio '16.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Aug 4, 2012 3:21:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Dear Olympic Committee:

Make pole dancing an Olympic sport. Thanks!
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Aug 4, 2012 3:41:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 40   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates