• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2264 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
nrobd

Simple and to the point Reply to this Post

Just going to be completely honest but Puzzle Pirates no longer has anything fun to do anymore. All we can do anymore is pillage and enter blockades. There are no engaging events up anymore that involve and interest many pirates and those need to come back. Players are slowly diminishing because of the bore Puzzle Pirates has become. I do realize most events like "Booty or No Booty" and "Black Death Tournaments" were run by independent pirates, but hopefully with a few events the OMs host, it will encourage other pirates to start hosting their own events for the fun of it all.
----------------------------------------
Baab on Emerald
[Edit 3 times, last edit by nrobd at Jul 27, 2012 1:23:28 PM]
[Jul 27, 2012 1:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hellguy333

Re: Simple and to the point Reply to this Post

i agree it gets very boring at times, and i personally would also like to see the OM's getting a bit more involved, maybe making more fun competitions or tournaments, or just coming on and doing like a quiz or a scavenger hunt, anything like that, would make a nice change
Demeter says, "Boo!"
Ye have received a trade request from Demeter.
Demeter traded: Starfish
Capnsilver traded: Nothing
Demeter tells ye, "And I never tell the reason for a gold starfish. ;) Have a good week."
[Jul 27, 2012 1:46:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

All we can do anymore is pillage and enter blockades

there is atlantis, HS, CI, vikings, Imperial outposts, crafting puzzles, carousing puzzles, tournaments, and much more. of course if all you ever do is pilly and blockade you'd think all there is to do is pilly and blockade... broaden yer horizons =P.

if you get bored, just go talk dirty to people, always fun =P... even though OMs try to keep it PG, it never stays that way ;).
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Jul 27, 2012 2:04:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nrobd

I never pilly or blockade >.< the point is nobody does any carousing puzzles people only go out on boats to do stuff and thats boring...i want events that are fun. Crafting is boring is just like pillaging but your by yourself...nobody makes any tournaments worth entering....and what i'm saying is change it up a little sometimes...events were what make YPP back in the day and now they are gone hardly existant.
Baab on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by nrobd at Jul 27, 2012 2:42:20 PM]
[Jul 27, 2012 2:41:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Make your own events. Make your own fun.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 27, 2012 2:59:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Just going to be completely honest but Puzzle Pirates no longer has anything fun to do anymore. All we can do anymore is pillage and enter blockades. There are no engaging events up anymore that involve and interest many pirates and those need to come back. Players are slowly diminishing because of the bore Puzzle Pirates has become. I do realize most events like "Booty or No Booty" and "Black Death Tournaments" were run by independent pirates, but hopefully with a few events the OMs host, it will encourage other pirates to start hosting their own events for the fun of it all.

Is that why you get your 'fun' by being arrogant? Someone would say that you're a complete tool but I had to mute you before I got to see everything you said so I guess I'll have to just say good game.

Do something. Don't just whine how this and that is wrong and everything is so boring and dead.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jul 27, 2012 4:46:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nrobd

lol ^^^ I'm not arrogant I'm confident, and you're just a hater. Don't post unless its relevant. And to randomact, I'm not a pirate that has much money to spare, so i cannot really organize an event like the pirates that have so much money they don't know what to do with it can.
Baab on Emerald
[Jul 27, 2012 4:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

lol ^^^ I'm not arrogant I'm confident, and you're just a hater. Don't post unless its relevant. And to randomact, I'm not a pirate that has much money to spare, so i cannot really organize an event like the pirates that have so much money they don't know what to do with it can.

There's a difference between being arrogant and confident. You're the first one.

I'm sorry to say but it's not up to you if I can post or not. Pst. My post was relevant but in case you missed it:

Do something that creates the fun you're lacking of.

Not all events have SUPERAMAZINGMEGAMILLIONDOLLARSAWESOMESHINY prizes. Look around the events. Ask people. Get information.

No need to use the excuse of not having a lot of poe to spread around.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Jul 27, 2012 5:38:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nrobd

Well I'm not going to argue on something off topic, but anyways most events do have a prize of some sort, and I wouldn't mind if its as minor as a sloop, i would just appreciate any event that keeps pirates entertained and give them something to do while on puzzle pirates rather than just wait for something exciting that is never going to happen.

P.S. This puzzle is to get peoples attention so obviously I am doing something other than just whining.
Baab on Emerald
[Jul 27, 2012 10:10:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

You should pitch in suggestions for this
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jul 28, 2012 6:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Not all events have SUPERAMAZINGMEGAMILLIONDOLLARSAWESOMESHINY prizes. Look around the events. Ask people. Get information.

Exactly^, I've run an event with 5k, two trinkets, and a politely written e-mail....

Over my time with Puzzle Pirates I've found my "fun" in certain puzzles (gettin ult etc. ) and participating in the forum art events which has allowed me to meet awesome people- and proved very fruitful in the poe department.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Jul 28, 2012 7:31:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Exactly^, I've run an event with 5k, two trinkets, and a politely written e-mail....

Over my time with Puzzle Pirates I've found my "fun" in certain puzzles (gettin ult etc. ) and participating in the forum art events which has allowed me to meet awesome people- and proved very fruitful in the poe department.

^this.

I've run multiple events with 20k, and do you know how rewarding it is to see everyone's interest and entries in? All they did was write a small 5 line paragraph too. Unless of course you're the kind of person who has absolutely no joy in giving to other people.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Aug 2, 2012 6:14:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shifty_eyes

I've been playing PP for a very long time, and I still find tons of stuff to do. But I play very casually.

Puzzle Pirates is a very social game, so it seems like you need people to fuel content and make it fun. But you need more content to bring in more people. It's a sad cycle...
Shiftyeyes
Always watching...
[Aug 14, 2012 12:04:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/ch_zase    cwolf27 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates