• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 721
Posts: 721   Pages: 25   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 55192 times and has 720 replies Next Thread
taelac

ROMS XVI: The Finest of the Flavors - GAME OVER; ROGUES WIN! Reply to this Post

Guests began arriving early in the morning, and the staff were busy in the kitchens and laundries, setting everything just so. The whole lobby was cream-colored, shot through here and there with fine details in a rich, dark brown. A hint of warm vanilla lightly scented the inn's trappings, subtle enough to be unnoticed until it was fractured by the sharp citrus tang of lime.

The innkeeper stepped into view, frowning in the manner of one who was more accustomed to wearing a welcoming smile. "Guests, a moment please. I have some terrible news. The grain merchant, Demeter, who supplies...supplied...many of our kitchen's needs, has been murdered, not half an hour after making her morning delivery. The constables have informed me that no one may leave until the investigation is complete. Please be cautious -- they fear the killer is in our very midst!"

With that, the innkeeper fled the room, leaving the guests to look around at each other, and wonder.

Game on! Your first deadline is Monday, July 23, at 7:30 AM.
Night 1 ends Tuesday, July 24, at 1:30 AM.
Day 2 ends Friday, July 27, at 1:30 AM.
Night 2 ends Friday, July 27, at 7:30 PM.
Day 3 ends Monday, July 30, at 5:30 PM.
Night 3 ends Tuesday, July 31, at 1:30 PM.
Day 4 ends Friday, August 3, at 1:30 PM.
Night 4 ends Saturday, August 4, at 7:30 AM.

Day 5 ends Tuesday, August 7, at 7:30 AM.

The Basics
- This game is pure vanilla extract, no artificial flavorings, no preservatives, no roles, no items. Just the town and the rogues in a battle of wits. Come armed.

Day/Night Cycle
- Days will be 72 hours. Nights will be 18 hours. All times are in Pirate Time, unless the moderator, who lives on Mountain Time, forgets to subtract an hour. Deadlines should fall at one of 7:30am, 1:30pm, 7:30pm, or 1:30am. Someone from the Dead Thread may be recruited to mark that 1:30am deadline.

Communication
- You may post at night. Night posts are encouraged to be entertaining and light.
- The rogue team may communicate outside the thread.
- Other out-of-thread communication about the game is prohibited among live players.
- Rogues may create a separate forum account from which to post bans if they choose, or they may submit the ban through the moderator to be announced at Daybreak.
- Early post of the ban by the rogues will not make the sun rise any faster.
- Lynches will reveal status; bans will not.
- Players posting death or survival scenes will receive a limited edition ROMS XVI avatar. The moderator makes no claims as to her artistic ability.
- Dead players and non-participants may follow along in the Dead Thread. Dead Thread information may not be shared outside the Dead Thread.

Voting
- In order to lynch, 50% + 1 of players must vote. The player (or Abstain) in the lead by 1 vote or more will be lynched. If there is a tie, there will be no lynch.
- Votes must contain either "Vote:" or "Unvote:". Capitalization is optional, the colon is not. Bold and/or red text for a vote is appreciated, but not required, as the moderator will be using the "Ctrl-F for 'vote:'" method of counting. Please try to leave the colon out when discussing votes, making joke votes, or quoting posts that include votes.
- To change your vote, you must first unvote any current vote.

Inactivity and Proxies
- ROMS is a time commitment. Dropping out of a game creates an imbalance and damages the game for the other players.
- Any player that fails to post or communicate an absence for one Day/Night or Night/Day cycle will be declared inactive and fed to a volcano modkilled. If a replacement is available, the inactive player will be replaced.
- No proxies.
- Should you need to resign, please send the moderator a PM. If a replacement is available, the resigning player will be replaced.
- Status of inactive or resigning players who are not replaced will be revealed on odd numbers, hidden on even numbers.

Game End
- The game ends with a rogue win when the number of rogues is equal to the number of innocents.
- The game ends with a town win when all rogues are elminated.

Behavior
- As a ROMS player, you may be accused of lying or other nefarious rogue-like actions in the course of the game. Please remember that this is part of the game, and try not to take it personally.
- Just because people should try not to take gameplay personally does not mean others are free to act like jackanapes. Do not make it personal by use of insult or other obnoxiousness.

(Parts of the rules have been shamelessly lifted from previous games.)

PMs
The innocents received the following PM:

You check into your room, puzzled by the tense feeling that was so prevalent in the lobby. For people on vacation, everyone seemed unnaturally stressed. On the table, a single scoop of vanilla ice cream perches next to an airy slice of angel's food cake. Reaching out, you pick up a fork. The cake and ice cream are delicious, but you wonder a bit about how they manage to deliver it just in time to keep it from melting.

Beware, INNOCENT, for here there be monsters.

(Please reply, so I know this reached everyone.)

The rogues received the following PM:

You check into your room, puzzled by the tense feeling that was so prevalent in the lobby. For people on vacation, everyone seemed unnaturally stressed. On the table, a single scoop of vanilla ice cream perches next to a decadent slice of devil's food cake. Beside the plate, a stick seems to glow with a faint green light. Reaching out, you pick up a fork. If you're going to be a ROGUE, you may as well enjoy it.

You are the ROGUE team. You may decide among yourselves what method of communication you wish to use, though your moderator has a marked preference for forum style as opposed to Google doc style. If you wish to use a forum, you may set it up yourself adding each of your fellow rogues and yours truly, or I will be happy to set it up for you.

Players:

AhoyLindsay (rogue)
Bunnylaroo (rogue)

Elliptic (lynched)
Firebolt
GunmetalIP (banned)
Jolyma
Mads (sans flowers) (lynched)
Master (lynched)
Quitex (lynched)
Randomact (rogue)
Riku (banned)
Riss
SeastarX (banned)
Setsusa (modkilled)
Smiley (banned)

Replacements:

None available.

Resigned:

Clasalle
Crazymg
Yasmi
----------------------------------------
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Edit 13 times, last edit by taelac at Aug 7, 2012 7:41:12 AM]
[Jul 20, 2012 7:26:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firebolt153

Re: ROMS XVI: The Finest of the Flavors - GAME ON Reply to this Post

So I guess if Demeter's dead, I won't be able to have my morning cereal *cries*

Damn you roags!
Rinni on the Emerald Ocean

Rachaelj says, "i was like no do you normally stare at people in toilets??"
[Jul 20, 2012 7:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GunmetalIP

Morning all.

Looks like scumhunting season.

"I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?" - Eddie Izzard.

[Jul 20, 2012 8:14:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

The game has been live for 1 hour and only 2 replies so far?

Lurkers!!! Lurkers I say!!!
Jolyma

[Jul 20, 2012 8:29:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

Wow this game is off to a really quiet start.
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 20, 2012 9:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Riss_

Hey.

/Pop-outs.
Some things are more than what you say, they're what you do. Some things you say cause there's no other choice. Some things you keep to yourself. And not too often, but every now and then, some things simply speak for themselves.
[Jul 20, 2012 10:08:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Lassie's sheeping! She just took what I said and said it different!
Jolyma

[Jul 20, 2012 10:35:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
taelac

Just a quick note that the Dead Thread is now open. I can't add people directly, so eliminated players and any interested spectators will need to apply for membership. Turns out I can add people directly, and have now added everyone who requested DT access one way or another.
~Taelac
ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
Dead Thread
[Edit 1 times, last edit by taelac at Jul 20, 2012 11:34:11 AM]
[Jul 20, 2012 10:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Hey guys, welcome gunmetalIp.
I unfortunately am extremely bored. Got admitted to hospital to rest, hopefully will be out tomorrow. Since all I have is my phone, only excuse not to post would be me sleeping.
By the way, cant upload pic of my dinner, but hospital food sucks. :-(
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Jul 20, 2012 10:42:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

The second word in my PM was "check".

Now that you all know my alignment, I will say that I think lynching today is a decent idea. We don't have a large amount of numbers (16, I think?) so I assume 13 innocents 3 rogues. Personally, I'd rather be proactive and see how people react to us as a town than let the rogues run the show.

If we sit back Day 1 there's a greater chance that the ban will truly be random and uninformative. By being aggressive early on, I think the rogues will make slips sooner. WOO META DISCUSSION!
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 20, 2012 10:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Mod doesn't ask the rogues to check back in? Mod doesn't care about the rogues. Hmmmmmmm.

In all seriousness, I think lynching is appropriate. It forces discussion, which is absolutely necessary in a vanilla game with only 16 people. Time flies in small games; get your thoughts out early.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 20, 2012 11:07:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GunmetalIP

I thought lynching round 1 was normal practice, but maybe not here.

Hi Yasmi, thanks for the welcome.

I read the new player guide thing that Taelac linked, whole lot of definitions in my head right now. If I use something wrong just let me know, might happen at some point.

Vote: Quitex

He wants to taste my blood.

"I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?" - Eddie Izzard.

[Jul 20, 2012 11:11:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Hey everyone-looking forward to playing. And who knew there was going to be cake?
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[Jul 20, 2012 11:39:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
master2482

I'm going to echo the others, because I'm such a sheep, and say lynching might be our best option.

The people about there, had they been awake instead of asleep, at other times would have seen even stranger things. Some day, but not at this time, I shall make an announcement of something that I never once dreamed of.

[Jul 20, 2012 1:55:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Sets wrote: 
The second word in my PM was "check".

Now that you all know my alignment, I will say that I think lynching today is a decent idea. We don't have a large amount of numbers (16, I think?) so I assume 13 innocents 3 rogues. Personally, I'd rather be proactive and see how people react to us as a town than let the rogues run the show.

If we sit back Day 1 there's a greater chance that the ban will truly be random and uninformative. By being aggressive early on, I think the rogues will make slips sooner. WOO META DISCUSSION!

Allow me to translate:

Sets wrote: 
I volunteer to be first!

Heehee
Jolyma

[Jul 20, 2012 2:06:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Vote: AhoyLindsay
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 20, 2012 2:15:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Alright utterly bored.
Sets why did u come to the conclusion that there may be 3 rogues? I thought the ratio goes along 1/6 or 1/7. This made me think that its two rogues for the whole of us.
Also I might be seing wrong but gunnermetal's vote looks invalid without the "".
Gunner, why quitex? Random number generator told u so?
Yasmi on Meridian

[Jul 20, 2012 2:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Uh...his vote....is valid?

And okay guys, time for your second grade math lessons.

There are 16 people. Wooooooo go us! If we divide by 2, we get 8. So two rogues would be a 1:8 ratio. :( Poor rogues!

Now, since we can't have half a rogue, I guess we'll divide by 3. That gives us 5.33. In other words, a 1:5.33 ratio. Yay, normal!

We might as well check what happens if there are 4 rogues, so we'll take 16 and divide by 4. We get 4, a 1:4 ratio = too many scary ugly monster rogues. Boo!

And that is why I believe in this vanilla game there are 3 rogues, because I can do some simple math (without a calculator even!) If I wasn't against tooting my own horn, I'd award myself a gold star.

And geez Joly, it's only Day 1 and you want to kill me again already? :(
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 20, 2012 2:24:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Vote Bunnylaroo as a thank you for that roag avatar from awhile back Leaving out the colon cause it's really a joke vote made me sad :(
~Princessmg~
[Jul 20, 2012 2:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

You know. Tired me realizes that those numbers are wrong cause I derped pretty hard. 3:13 != 1:5.33 LOL. 1:4.33.

2:14 = 1:7 4:12 = 1:3. Still gonna go with the 3 rogues but gonna go take a nap and learn math. Awkward moment when you realize it's too late to edit the stupidity out of yourself.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 20, 2012 2:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I think 2 or 3 are both reasonable guesses, but I'd lean towards 3.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 20, 2012 2:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Lol sets ur maths is valid. I accept that there could be 2 to 3 rogues in this game.
Now correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read that we needed to use the colon's to make a valid vote, which makes none of the votes so far valid.
Ughhh nurse is here to give me meds. Gah back soon
Yasmi on Meridian

[Jul 20, 2012 2:33:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

If I remember correctly my phone doesn't see the colons when im reading internet pages, maybe yours does the same?
~Princessmg~
[Jul 20, 2012 2:41:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

If I remember correctly my phone doesn't see the colons when im reading internet pages, maybe yours does the same?

Ughhhhh bad phone, I did hit reply with quote on riku and gunner and failed to see those """""".
Not getting new phone, being discharged within 24 hours so hopefully I am on my laptop by then.
I swear I can see my own colons, maybe I am going mad
Yasmi on Meridian

[Jul 20, 2012 2:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GunmetalIP

I thought it was just that the colon was necessary, that the "Vote:" was just quote marks around what you needed.

I said why Quitex when I voted.

I'm not sure discussion of scum numbers helps us catch scum.

[Jul 20, 2012 2:51:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

I thought it was just that the colon was necessary, that the "Vote:" was just quote marks around what you needed.

I said why Quitex when I voted.

I'm not sure discussion of scum numbers helps us catch scum.

Ughhh sorry didn't get the meaning behind this. Might be too tired and being dumb now.
Quitex wants to try ur blood? Fair enough xD

Riku was ur vote random?

Gonna let meds take effect, see u guys when nurse pokes me next.
Yasmi on Meridian

[Jul 20, 2012 3:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

No.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 20, 2012 3:04:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Vote: Riku

So far Sets seems like he's trying a little hard to set himself up as a wholesome, enthusiastic townie-not sure if I buy it though.
[Jul 20, 2012 3:18:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I tend to do that every game though. Rogue tell, Sets ploy, or null?

Hm.

It's weird. Somehow I think I have the same logic as Riku at the moment. Get out of my head >:(

Vote: AhoyLindsay.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 20, 2012 3:25:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Would your logic by any chance be related to alphabetical order? :P
[Jul 20, 2012 3:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 721   Pages: 25   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates