• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 20
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4377 times and has 19 replies Next Thread
mari_

Tyranny Presents.... Olympic Events Part II - A Scavenger Hunt [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] Reply to this Post

Welcome to the second event in a variety of ones Tyranny plan on doing in the run up to and during the Olympics; we plan on running events of many varieties, hopefully encompassing the talents of the pirates of Cerulean.

So this one tests your abilities to find objects, items, portraits, trinkets, people etc in a given amount of time. A good one for the old, new and inbetweeners this one.

When: Saturday 21st July at 11.00am PDT (jobbing will start 30 mins before via the NB)

Where: Cerulean

Time it will last: 3 hours

How: A list will be posted here on the forums at 11.00am, all participants must be jobbed into Tyranny to participate. You have 3 hours to collect as many items as you can on the list. Some will be easy, some very hard, how you play it is up to you. Bring them all (in one go) to one of the designated pirate judges before the time is up and trade them to that pirate.

Scoring: Easy items will carry 1 point each, Medium 2, Hard 3 and you can get 5 for the super-duper rare items on the list. The pirate with the highest overall score wins.

Disclaimer: All items traded will be noted and scored then returned to the pirate who traded them, no items will be retained, please seek out the judge you traded to to get them back (and we will be actively looking for you.) Only trade with the pirates that are listed as judges and noone else, we will aim to get all items traded back in 48 hours.

The reason we have put in the trade process is so that items (particularly those that are extremely rare) are not passed between hearties to score points. We want this to be as fair as possible.

Judges:

TBC

Prizes:

There are 3 prizes available and each prizewinner gets one prize and winners will take their pick in order (first place chooses first, followed by second, etc). There will also be gold, silver and bronze medals for the top three.

Choices are:

Renamed Sloop - Sensational Scavenger
Sleeping Turtle
Plum Big Cat

Judges may also award further prizes at their discretion.
----------------------------------------
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Edit 3 times, last edit by mari_ at Jul 22, 2012 9:41:26 AM]
[Jul 16, 2012 12:38:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Re: Tyranny Presents.... Olympic Events Part II - A Scavenger Hunt Reply to this Post

Space claimed for answering questions.
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

[Jul 16, 2012 12:39:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Re: Tyranny Presents.... Olympic Events Part II - A Scavenger Hunt Reply to this Post

For clarification purposes ahead of tomorrows event.

We are looking for only one of each item, multiples of the same item will not count towards your overall total.
Dignity - Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jul 20, 2012 2:32:20 AM]
[Jul 20, 2012 2:32:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Do we need a ship somewhere as well or is a never-ending supply of whisking potions enough?
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jul 20, 2012 2:48:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

The judges will remain on one central ship throughout the contest, it is up to you how you collect the items.

Hope the clarifies.
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 20, 2012 10:46:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Simple items (all 1 point each):

Skellie head
Zombie hand
Werewolf tuft
Whisk potion
Alpha-Cnossos Chart
Cranberry-Midsummer Chart
Bedroll
Crate
Rag top in tan, blue, white or red (only one of the colours not all 4)
Rag bottoms in tan, blue, white or red (only one of the colours not all 4)
Stick
Green bandana
Map and Brew
A 2012 Pirate Seal (we will get this from your Pirate Info Page)
Foil
Fish
Blue Starfish
Orange Spikey Coral
Sand Dollar
Violet Hemlock
Yellow Tallon Fetish
Crushed Leeches
Broken Trident Tine
Tan Pair O' Boots

A little more taxing (2 points each)

Pink rag top
Pink rag bottoms
Jubilee-Hadrian Chart
Hera egg
Royal blue Qing hat
Crossed spears (either variety)
A full outfit including shoes in Indigo
A full outfit including shoes in Atlantean
Lump of coal
Candy Cane
A pet pig (not the sleeping variety)
Will o' wisp from Barnabas (any colour)
Incred Trophy for Treasure Haul

More taxing still (3 points each)

Chap-Monsoon chart
Lynx-Olivia Chart
Retired OM egg
Deed to a Midas Grand Frig
Ice-blue Penguin
Plum Pony
Any trinket from Finius as long as its red.
Hermit crab trinket
Minature sled trinket
3 shipboard incred trophies (we will get this from your pirate info page)
Jinxed Idol Trophy (we will get this from your pirate info page)
Old Man of Oyster

Then the "super hard catoagory" (5 points)

OM / Dev doll
A portrait of you with an OM. (Please don't bug OM's for this during the competition it isn't available as part of it).
Ghost pet from HS (not the green ghost dog from the Spring boxes).
Persimmon cat
Full outfit including shoes in Night Blue
Unicorn
Black Karkinos

Please trade items to one of the following Judges:

Calamarrie
Kymsr
Prollyanalt
Iamguppie
Issili
Chungsthebes
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 21, 2012 11:08:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Cool event I wont participate but everyone bugging me for the Black Karks =p
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Jul 21, 2012 12:25:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

was a great event ^_^ thanks for hosting it :D
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Jul 21, 2012 2:17:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gromit3

missed it but guess rare to some is not to others

sorry i missed it look forward to see in the winners

Gromster
[Jul 21, 2012 2:44:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Creedence63

I think the whole point was that 'rare to some is not rare to others.' There was a lot of networking of hearty lists, which made it about the social puzzle too.

As a flag member I could not be a participant, but it was fun to watch. Look for more Tyranny in the near future!
Creedence on Cerulean
Avatar by the Phantastik Phaerie
[Jul 21, 2012 4:47:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

I'm curious did anyone have the Persimmon Cat I myself have never seen one or even heard of it.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Raider81 at Jul 21, 2012 8:02:18 PM]
[Jul 21, 2012 7:55:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Creedence63

if you look at Steampunk on Cerulean it is included on her pirate page portrait. They were a gift with purchase about a year ago. I am aware of at least 2 on the eastern side of Cerulean. But none were offered up in this scavenger hunt.
Creedence on Cerulean
Avatar by the Phantastik Phaerie
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Creedence63 at Jul 21, 2012 8:16:02 PM]
[Jul 21, 2012 8:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

yeh I had a persimmon small dog but not a persimmon cat :/
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Jul 21, 2012 11:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

And the winners are....

First - Zarchi 110 points

Second - Locu 84 points

Third - Steveb 77 points

Please contact me in game for your prizes :)

I would like to say that there were a total of 121 points available, and we also had a further 3 people scoring 60+

Thank you to all those who participated we hope you all had as much fun taking part as we did putting it together. If you still have your items to collect please see the judge you traded with in game, or catch me.

Stay tuned for more events coming to Cerulean very shortly, rumour has it we have a Persimmon Cat and a Parrot to give away at some point :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 22, 2012 9:40:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
icelord161

Thanks for the fun and exciting event Calamarie and the rest of Tyranny! It was a fun little event and I look forward to more of them! Congratulations to the other winners! :)
-Zarchi
-King of Universe A
[Jul 22, 2012 9:51:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Booful

congrats to the winners!
Was a fun event :)
(btw who else got 60+ points? Just curious ^_^)
PixelPixie; I collect Sunfish, Angelfish, Blowfish Pixelpixie avvy's Avvy by me
[Jul 22, 2012 10:16:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

As well as yourself Dagger, we had Metaalmeisje and Ladyweed. :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Jul 22, 2012 10:37:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

There was no tie for the top 3 however out of curiosity how would it have been decided who gets to pick first if there was a tie?

also thank ye for the fun event Calamarie and all of Tyranny, was challenging and I look forward to the next events :D
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by raymondbaker at Jul 22, 2012 11:51:06 AM]
[Jul 22, 2012 11:49:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Grats to the winners and thanks for the event. At first I thought, I wouldn't need 3 hours. Then I realized that it would be hard. Nicely organized and planned. I hope I have time for the following events.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Jul 22, 2012 11:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Steveb - time was noted of when the trades were made, so that would have been a considering factor had their been a tie.

As it happened the top 6 all utilised the full 3 hours give or take 30 minutes :)
Dignity - Emerald

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mari_ at Jul 22, 2012 1:44:52 PM]
[Jul 22, 2012 1:43:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates