• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7850 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
RogueQuitex

Ebay WTFs Reply to this Post

Have you found an item that was just completely awesome... for super cheap? Did you buy it?

Or, did you find an item so stupidly bad and you can do nothing else but share?

I found me one original Giorgio Armani tie, for $1.00 :)

Share with me,

Signed,
Ebayaholic.
----------------------------------------
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 14, 2012 8:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

Re: Ebay WTFs Reply to this Post

Did it really go for $1? Because there are plenty of things like that which start stupidly low and then get bid up. (Not that I'm sure offhand what to expect a second hand Armani tie to go for, especially since most of my recent tie purchases on ebay were < $5 and from China. No brand claims and when they show up, they're clearly counterfeit big names, but smart enough to not say it and incur the wrath of ebay)
[Jul 14, 2012 8:51:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Did it really go for $1? Because there are plenty of things like that which start stupidly low and then get bid up. (Not that I'm sure offhand what to expect a second hand Armani tie to go for, especially since most of my recent tie purchases on ebay were < $5 and from China. No brand claims and when they show up, they're clearly counterfeit big names, but smart enough to not say it and incur the wrath of ebay)

I got it for $1 (without shipping btw). And I've bought a bunch of <$5.00 ties from china too! I am glad to know I am not the only one respectable human being that does that.

Of course I am not the only one because people bid on those, d'oh. ;-)

*High five*

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by RogueQuitex at Jul 14, 2012 8:59:09 PM]
[Jul 14, 2012 8:57:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

Who needs to own that many ties? :3
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jul 14, 2012 9:12:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

What, you'd wear a tie more than once? How uncivilized!
[Jul 14, 2012 9:16:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Please tell me I was not the only one picturing Ceph and his ties like this:

Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jul 14, 2012 10:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
celiatr

omg. i so was. thats freaky
Flutie
Midnight Cerulean Ocean

April 1, 2009 on Midnight Ocean [21:22:49] Eurydice broadcasts, "Okay, Flutie, this better be good."

ROMS ~ The Subforum/Dead Thread
[Jul 14, 2012 11:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Been looking for new Monster Rancher PAL CD's, my old one* has died after many years of loyal service, but to my dismay, the one I could find was going for 350 AUD. Not cool.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jackingg at Jul 15, 2012 4:03:55 AM]
[Jul 15, 2012 4:03:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

I really don't like wearing the same tie within the same 360 days.

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 15, 2012 6:27:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

I really don't like wearing the same tie within the same 360 days.

Well, I can't speak for you, but I wear a tie about once a year, if that. (And I don't do it willingly, either!)
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jul 15, 2012 9:06:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Haven't had too many ebay wtf moments, least none that *really* stand out in my mind, more of them being of the "You really think that's worth that? You're nuts." variety.

Now craigslist on the other hand.. definitely a lot of weirdos on that one.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jul 15, 2012 10:22:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Got some interesting stuff of ebay, from clothing to toys to everything u can think off.
The biggest fiasco was an ipod from china, guess those things I should stick to apple xD
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Jul 15, 2012 10:41:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Got some interesting stuff of ebay, from clothing to toys to everything u can think off.
The biggest fiasco was an ipod from china, guess those things I should stick to apple xD

Return payment on them and say it was the wrong description. Almost 99% of the time Ebay goes with the buyer, even if the seller can prove they were in the right.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jul 15, 2012 11:03:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

I'm kind of obsessed with buying costume jewelry for <$4 with free shipping. I've gotten tons of cute stuff that way. Although it takes about a month for it to get here from China via the slowest shipping method possible, It's totally worth it.
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Jul 19, 2012 9:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

not a wtf moment, but I love looking for local furniture for sale. Hubby and I just picked up a massive solid wood desk for £46. It has some dings and scratches, but I know in the long run, its going to last us years and years unlike Ikea crap.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jul 20, 2012 5:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

I'm kind of obsessed with buying costume jewelry for <$4 with free shipping. I've gotten tons of cute stuff that way. Although it takes about a month for it to get here from China via the slowest shipping method possible, It's totally worth it.

In some ways, the slow boat from China is great: You spend a couple bucks on something, and have mostly forgotten about it by the time a package shows up, so it's like getting a surprise present!
[Jul 20, 2012 1:33:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesChatham

This is such a great deal!

I actually live in a ritzy area so when the older gentlemen no longer need a lot of their expensive crap, they drop it off at a nearby thrift shop/goodwill sort of place. My friend has found two Gucci wallets, a pair of Gucci shoes and I have a nice leather jacket from there.

As for my eBay wtf moments, I had my first this past week. I'm currently watching Game of Thrones at my mother's house where I'm visiting and I love it. (I'm only on episode 7 of Season 1 and about 3/4 of the way through the first book so hush; I only started a couple of weeks ago :( )

I love it so much that I decided I would order the Special Edition Stark Version on Blu Ray from eBay! And look at that! It was up for bidding and only had a couple of hours left. I, all sneaky like, bid $69.00 like an immature little bastard with 7 seconds left and was outbid by an even more immature bastard who bid $69.69. Needless to say, I was irked.

I, having money and irritation, went and bought it straight up for a much more expensive price. Luckily, I like the series a lot and collect this crap.
Miles Davis wrote: 
Where's the cocaine???

[Jul 20, 2012 2:58:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

In some ways, the slow boat from China is great: You spend a couple bucks on something, and have mostly forgotten about it by the time a package shows up, so it's like getting a surprise present!

I never forget about the things I buy because I pay for them.

>.>
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jul 20, 2012 8:18:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

I bought a stuffed Jigglypuff once for $3. Does that count? It lived in my daughter's room and sang all the monsters to sleep so she didn't have to be afraid of the dark. It was passed on to her brothers when they would reach the same stage in their toddlerhoods. Now for reasons they won't explain it lives on the top shelf of my pantry shelves with the liquor bottles.

So I suppose you could say that I bought sleep filled nights for $3 on Ebay.
Jolyma

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jolyma at Jul 22, 2012 11:25:11 AM]
[Jul 22, 2012 11:24:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cephalopod
Developer

>.>

Was figuring I'd get that response; like I said "mostly forgotten". I remember I've bought something and it's coming...and I can see it right there on my ebay list of stuff asking for feedback. BUT, when I've paid $2 and it's going to show up at some nebulous point a month from now, I can put it out of mind instead of frantically awaiting it, so one day a package just magically shows up.

See also: how tempted I am to do something like this.
[Jul 22, 2012 12:11:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

>.>

Was figuring I'd get that response; like I said "mostly forgotten". I remember I've bought something and it's coming...and I can see it right there on my ebay list of stuff asking for feedback. BUT, when I've paid $2 and it's going to show up at some nebulous point a month from now, I can put it out of mind instead of frantically awaiting it, so one day a package just magically shows up.

I knew what you meant. I order a lot of stuff online - specialty foods, computer cables, and other miscellaneous things that are hard to find locally. So when a package comes I often can't remember all the things I'd bought. Oooh, is this my chai tea mix, or my micro USB cables, or that rare book?
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jul 22, 2012 12:21:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

>.>

You are awesome!!!! This completely made my day. And it was totally not the whole bunch of alcohol I just ingested.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jul 22, 2012 2:57:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I just realised, Ebay is getting cephalowned.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Jul 22, 2012 9:57:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates