• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7713 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
kasukas

Re: Pet page Reply to this Post

These layouts look great, but i'm also not a fan of those grey spaces between rows; the title row with the pet name is sufficient to separate the sections. Does the text size in the 'Obtained from' column need to be small?
----------------------------------------
Inessa on Meridian and Emerald

[Aug 17, 2012 7:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladodal

First of all, I've just discovered that Internet explorer is not a fan of the color codes that were used for those grey bars (#EEE) and what should have been a light, subtle silvery color was displaying as a very dark, almost black shade of grey. So, that's been fixed now.

I've also changed the bars, so that they're about half as "thick" as before on this page while leaving them as they were here so that anyone who wants to can compare and contrast.

Opinion on the grey dividers seems to be about 50/50, so I'll try working up some examples of other options (plain white, etc.) later.
Lado, Ladodal, Iara, Sequitur, and a fair few others.
Cerulean native by way of Cobalt, but increasingly hanging my hat in Emerald.
[Aug 19, 2012 8:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

First of all, I've just discovered that Internet explorer is not a fan of the color codes that were used for those grey bars (#EEE) and what should have been a light, subtle silvery color was displaying as a very dark, almost black shade of grey. So, that's been fixed now.

Oh yeah. IE is expecting six-hex RGB values. We've had such fun with IE's colour handling, like the time we discovered it doesn't recognise "grey" as a colour after we'd been using it on the ocean maps for years.

Edit: As for my opinion on the grey bars themselves, I think you'd really only need them if they were separating distinct slabs of rows, but here you're only separating basically one row at a time. I don't really have an actual preference either way, though...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Belthazar451 at Aug 19, 2012 10:02:48 PM]
[Aug 19, 2012 10:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

I like the grey bars, because I think it's a nice visual break between the pets, but I have no preference between the thicker bar or the thinner bar.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Aug 19, 2012 10:14:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ladodal

I agree that they're not really necessary; like I said, they're leftovers from the initial framework. The LE pet tables definitely look fine without them. The full pet table looks slightly busy with the list of LE variants dovetailing right into the next pet, but the information isn't confusing without it. (If it's not obvious to Example Pirate X that "Banana dog" is not a type of limited-edition Elephant, well...)

I've put up examples of the tables here; included are the rows at full height in both grey and white (that is to say, transparent), the rows at half height in grey and white, and the tables with no divider rows.

Edit: I'd personally go with either the grey rows (either option) or no dividers at all. And I'll strongly rally against the half-height transparent rows. Eugh.
Lado, Ladodal, Iara, Sequitur, and a fair few others.
Cerulean native by way of Cobalt, but increasingly hanging my hat in Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ladodal at Aug 19, 2012 10:36:46 PM]
[Aug 19, 2012 10:30:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I agree that they're not really necessary; like I said, they're leftovers from the initial framework. The LE pet tables definitely look fine without them. The full pet table looks slightly busy with the list of LE variants dovetailing right into the next pet, but the information isn't confusing without it. (If it's not obvious to Example Pirate X that "Banana dog" is not a type of limited-edition Elephant, well...)

I've put up examples of the tables here; included are the rows at full height in both grey and white (that is to say, transparent), the rows at half height in grey and white, and the tables with no divider rows.

Edit: I'd personally go with either the grey rows (either option) or no dividers at all. And I'll strongly rally against the half-height transparent rows. Eugh.

I think the grey row 20 px looks the best - the transparent version just looks, uh, like an extra column in a table and that's odd.

I think, to me, the grey is a great visual divider between the walls of text. There's so much information to read that some sort of a breaker between the pets is needed.

In my opinion, you only need to place the grey rows after each pet type in the pet page itself.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Aug 20, 2012 4:30:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Small bump.

While YOU all are excited about the dolls, I'm going to post this here so that this reminds us.

We have blue bunny up for sale in the Palace Shoppe, appeared after the latest release today. 75k (and 75 dubs) as before.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Aug 30, 2012 7:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Sooo. I unlocked the pet page. It's been nearly four months since it was locked, and two and a half since anything was posted in this thread...
[Nov 11, 2012 11:54:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Bump, because that's apparently my job.

I want to point out the following (might already have but I'm the master of repetition):

- Persimmon cat was also available as a doubloon purchase reward - I posted this somewhere here...

- Black skin and black/black cloth elephants are available from black boxes.

- An extra comma under 'Ponies':
Limited Edition Variations:
Night mare, Plum pony, Spring green pony,

- Blue bunny has been out just some time ago, as I posted above.

- Chocopup colors are labeled as brown/brown in the info box but in the color grid, it's chocolate/tan.

Yes, I know. I'm annoying. I like being like that.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 1, 2012 1:20:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

None of those pages are protected so you should be able to fix those? :P
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[Dec 1, 2012 1:32:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

None of those pages are protected so you should be able to fix those? :P

But that means...that I should do WORK...!!!111!!...I've been trained to laze and mash the keyboard every now and then...
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Dec 2, 2012 10:24:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates