• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1768 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

Constructing the Ultimate (YPP) Curse Reply to this Post

Feeling somewhat vexed (shall we say) by other threads in other groups, I started waxing lyrical, and wrote an old-fashioned curse for use in-game...

"I beseech the Spirits of Fair Play and Good Sportsmanship to avenge me upon my Enemies! May the lazing Tarts of a thousand Docks infest my Enemies' every Pillage! May their every Trade Run be hounded by a never-ending stream of over-powered Brigand spawns! And may they suffer these torments for the next thousand and one Releases!..."

What would you add to this? Or what would you say instead? It must be in the same theme (i.e. pirate-y and game-related) to qualify. ;-)

Note to Admins: I was in a quandary as to which group here to post this: General Parley? (Curses and hexes are in the genre of piracy.) Mariner's Muse? (This is an artistic challenge, of sorts.) Or Events? (A challenge is a competition, by its very nature, after all.) So if you feel this thread belongs elsewhere, please accept my apologies in advance for posting in the wrong place.
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 26, 2012 9:12:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Constructing the Ultimate (YPP) Curse Reply to this Post

For blockade staff: May the other side continually increase pay by 50 PoE!

For blockade jobbers: May all the paywar blockades you find end five minutes after you join them
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Jun 26, 2012 7:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Not very subtle, are we, however, past is the past, so I'll play!

May the skimping Merchanter be cursed with Gem Thieves forever upon the seas

A thousand pineapples to the gold hungry foragers, and all their ilk

Woe upon the heads of any wagering fools, may your disconnects be frequent and inconvenient
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Jun 27, 2012 10:58:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

...may your disconnects be frequent and inconvenient

*(scribbles notes)*
Nicely done, milady! ;-)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Jun 27, 2012 11:48:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

May the trolling hoards plague all yer threads, and ye concerns be banished to the Anti-List!

I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jul 1, 2012 10:17:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates