• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1568 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Decency

Calling all Pirates! A Piratey Survey on the Economies of each ocean Reply to this Post

For a while now, I have been interested in the Y!PP economy, how it has changed, fluctuated, and generally had a downward trend, with (from my experience) people swarming (mainly) to the popular islands, and leaving the less profitable ones behind.

In this survey I aim to try and understand the reasoning behind all these decisions, and I will be posting the results as well.

I would be very happy if everybody who saw this would participate. The survey will only be up for 10 days, and if you aren't a fan of writing anything, I suggest you steer clear!

Also, try not to give in multiple responses; it distorts the general opinions. Moreover, I ask that if you wish to participate, please be as honest as possible.

Thanks!

Click here

RESULTS OF SURVEY 1: (Will be posted soon)
----------------------------------------
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Jun 24, 2012 2:00:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Re: Calling all Pirates! A Piratey Survey on the Economies of each ocean Reply to this Post

Reserved for survey 2

[Jun 24, 2012 2:02:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Re: Calling all Pirates! A Piratey Survey on the Economies of each ocean Reply to this Post

reserved for the final survey

[Jun 24, 2012 2:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Have you tried advertising this? I would be very interested in the results.
Captainrich
[Jun 24, 2012 8:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I think the idea of the survey is very, very interesting, and in the forum-goers you probably have a decent slice of those most active in island/ocean economies. I do see one issue though:

I was going to take it but once I got in a few questions, realized I was ill-prepared to answer. I'm from Cobalt initially, and I know nothing about Midnight-side arches and their respective economies - I just haven't gotten invested over there yet. So my answers would have been only about Cobalt which probably isn't accurate. I wonder how many people know enough about both sides of the ocean they play on to answer this accurately.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jun 25, 2012 6:56:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

So my answers would have been only about Cobalt which probably isn't accurate.

I did not even think about this! - I am from Middy and know nothing about the Cobalt side, only that fruit prices are lower and comod bids seem to be higher...

I took the survey and answered about the middy side.

I wonder how many pirates still function as if there never was a merge. For 7 years my brain has been wired so there is nothing past Boyle or Cleo. I forget there was a merge in my day to day pirate life and never venture over to the Cobalt side.

I'm sorry I didn't think of this and took part in the survey.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jun 26, 2012 1:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

I still play two oceans, Viridian and Malachite. Fortunately those are the two that were merged so I know both sides of 'my ocean' now, but they're definitely still separate in my mind.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Jun 26, 2012 4:48:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates