• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1448 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
PhoenyxStar

Colours question Reply to this Post

I know it seems strange to ask this here,but I'm really bad at colours.

My brother is getting married in October. I kinda have a dress - but I need to drop a few sizes to fit into it (My mother still sees me as a tiny, skinny girl.) THe problem I have is it's kind windy and slightly frigid at the location at the time of year, and it's an outdoor wedding.

The dress my mother found is a blue purple more blue than purple. I was going to knit myself a lace shawl to go with it - but the pattern I like kinda lends itself to greens...

This wouldn't be a problem except for the damn colour scheme of the wedding itself.

Bride wearing white - with purple accents
Bridesmaids wearing black - with orange, pink and yellow I think it was accents
Groom wearing green.

For exact shades of colours, pull up a pic of Jack Nicholson's Joker. He's wearing almost all of them.

My problem is, with my skin colouring, the colours that look best on me are those self same bright vibrant colours not bloody pastel shades.

Halp? Need to find another green that goes with my dress. I can't mke any of the colour codes work on this board.
Medium Slate Blue in that list is fairly close though from the look of things.
----------------------------------------
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Jun 14, 2012 2:05:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Re: Colours question Reply to this Post

hm, do you have a picture of the dress? Trying to visualize, but its not working so well
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Jun 14, 2012 4:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

hm, do you have a picture of the dress? Trying to visualize, but its not working so well

Can get one of the skirt the bodice is being altered slightly. Since I'm never going to fit a size 12 top with 16Ds There's no way. It's all at Mum's though since that's where the wedding is going to be.

Will also post link for the shawl when I get the screen of my laptop working again after I dropped it.
~ Phoenix or Danae

[Jun 14, 2012 5:51:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Ok, we've now SEEN the exact colours of the wedding party - and my brother should never EVER describe a colour.

I can't wear the skirt mum bought - it's the exact same ruddy colour that the bridesmaids are wearing. *eyeroll*

So.

http://www.corsetdeal.com.au/Velvet-fashion-corset-in-steel-bone_p_1127.html

Black skirt, red skirt, black pants, red pants?

Also, if skirt, velvet or something else since the corset is velvet?

Considering the corset itself, there'll be a black shawl, shoes and bag (maybe, it's at my Mum's house after all) as accessories.

The bridesmaids are wearing a basic black dress with colour accents
~ Phoenix or Danae

[Jul 25, 2012 2:37:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates