• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5765 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
dalnoth

Soft server crashes during blockades. Reply to this Post

This is the 2nd week in a row that the server has "Soft-crashed" during blockades. It's after you did this http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=183460 Update.

Can somebody look into this? This is beyond irritating.
----------------------------------------
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Jun 2, 2012 8:46:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Re: Soft server crashes during blockades. Reply to this Post

It's not only during blockades. It's happening at almost any time. Can you please get a fix on this SEGA?
Bunnyspawn, prince of Coherent Insanity on Meridian.

Jdilla's wench on Emerald.
[Jun 2, 2012 8:50:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

There goes another one. That's at least 4 in the last 3 days that I know of.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jun 3, 2012 2:18:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Starting to really do my head in now this... OOO fix your godamn database, clearly the upgrade screwed something!

Plskthxnao!
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jun 3, 2012 2:23:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I've been bug reporting and filing a petition every time after confirming with hearties that it happened to them too.
:(
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jun 3, 2012 3:27:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I bet they're working on it.
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Jun 3, 2012 4:40:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bestdamnfool

Want to screw with the servers? We had an active participatory game we joined into. It is becoming a shambles of technical fails.
Get a thousand people having some fun, and ruin it?

Time, energy, POE and for many real money wasted on a regular basis. Blockades, Flotillas, SMH's turned into chaos, trade runs, stats all lost........ replacing ships for those that petition doesnt do it.
People are fed up, jobbers, stock lost, treasure lost, time wasted by
all.
Replacing ships doesnt replace cade results, or players wasted time, or jobbers recieving no pay.

Bottom line? Hire back the techs from 3 Rings before you lose the active players.

Find a solution because we are all about fed up, and you cant hold peoples interest this way.
[Jun 3, 2012 5:05:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

One of my citadel runs was sank a few days ago because of this server crash we've been seeing, along with several others. I don't believe I'll be actively participating in the game, from this point, until it can go on without server-wide crashes.

This is not the quality that any of your customers expect, or deserve.

[Jun 3, 2012 6:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

Loading a flotilla. DC'd AGAIN! Thank goodness we weren't on the board yet.

Some answers form OOO would be nice, even just a response like "we're working on this"

Seriously wondering if I want to purchase more dubs in this game.
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Jun 3, 2012 7:20:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

I sent a petition in after the crash on friday I think it was. They said that the dev's are aware of the problems and are working on it. I didn't have the foresight to save the petition, but that pretty much summed it up.
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Jun 3, 2012 7:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

... but that pretty much summed it up.

That does indeed pretty much sum up the current state of affairs.

I wholeheartedly understand and sympathize with the frustration felt over the recent disruptions and can only offer my most sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and trouble caused.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm not equipped to provide any specific explanations or answers except to confirm that our engineers are aware of and are looking into this matter and treating it as their top priority.

- Pro
[Jun 3, 2012 8:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Texasborn

... but that pretty much summed it up.

I wholeheartedly understand and sympathize with the frustration felt over the recent disruptions and can only offer my most sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and trouble caused.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm not equipped to provide any specific explanations or answers except to confirm that our engineers are aware of and are looking into this matter and treating it as their top priority.

- Pro

I am just thankful for a response. <3 Pro
Texasborn
Captain of Titan's Rebirth
Monarch of Golden Destiny
Tex's music box
[Jun 3, 2012 8:32:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Disgraced

Inb4 crashed again. Website included.

[Jun 3, 2012 10:02:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broska

We were winning a cade by like 60 points then it crashed when we had just came back on the board with a new frig. They had a incline of 5 points that would have been non within a minute. good job Ypp!
Broska
That guy... WHO RETIRED!
So now I just post every once in a while
[Jun 3, 2012 11:32:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
awright

We were winning a cade by like 60 points then it crashed when we had just came back on the board with a new frig. They had a incline of 5 points that would have been non within a minute. good job Ypp!

To be fair, if there was a large cluster and your ships were all at high damage and about to sink off, this point swing probably would have happened without the server crash, just not as many points would have been given up. You can't blame everything on ooo.

Edit:

For some elaboration, if it was a 10 point ocean side cluster, and you are defending, it will take much longer for you to get back to points. You sink off and it will take 10+ turns to get back on cluster which is a swing of atleast 100 points.
-barcium

Original Huntard
[Edit 1 times, last edit by awright at Jun 4, 2012 3:08:05 AM]
[Jun 4, 2012 3:03:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Greyhavens

Texasborn wrote: 
Prometheus wrote: 

- Pro

I am just thankful for a response. <3 Pro

^ This.

Thank you for giving us SOME public OOO response, Prom. Quite frankly, I'd even prefer bold-faced lies to complete silence (and no, I do not believe you're lying, so all the better).
Cirdan of Silver Dreams
Trinket Junkie of Hunter Emerald

[Jun 4, 2012 8:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Whelp, this just happened during the final of a familiar tournament. So, tonight, these 'upgraded' servers have cost multiple players multiple millions of PoE. Good shit.

I feel like a d^&* for kinda laughing when I read this. I am going to hell because god likes his ypp.
Captainrich
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hillsmen at Jun 4, 2012 8:50:25 AM]
[Jun 4, 2012 8:39:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broska

To be fair, if there was a large cluster and your ships were all at high damage and about to sink off, this point swing probably would have happened without the server crash, just not as many points would have been given up. You can't blame everything on ooo.

Edit:

For some elaboration, if it was a 10 point ocean side cluster, and you are defending, it will take much longer for you to get back to points. You sink off and it will take 10+ turns to get back on cluster which is a swing of atleast 100 points.

Yah no it took us 2 turns get new frig with all jobbers in... And it was a two turn entry so a 6-7 point cluster with them almost sunk also , but with the lag out that went from 21-30 points to 50-60...

Edit: It was also 6 moves from ocean side safe zone and we had attacking advantage...
Broska
That guy... WHO RETIRED!
So now I just post every once in a while
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Broska at Jun 4, 2012 7:28:58 PM]
[Jun 4, 2012 7:27:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Personally, I take the down time to go ahead and buy some more dubloons! Keep up the good work, SEGA!
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Jun 4, 2012 11:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

My favourite part is how it's a pretty big issue that's making everybody I know quite annoyed, yet Three Rings don't seem to find it important to keep people informed as to what's going on. There's been 1 official statement on it that I know of, which unfortunately is in a thread (This thread) that very few will actually find, and was posted after a week since the problems began occurring. Most of us probably guessed that the developers are aware of it and are working on it, but it's still reassuring to hear at least that in more places than obscure forum posts. Some form of actual customer service goes a long way.
[Jun 5, 2012 7:34:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

How's that testing ocean thing going?

....riiiiiiiiiight.
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Jun 5, 2012 10:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates