• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13634 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
Dexla

Don't Panic! It's Towel Day 2012! (Winners Posted!) Reply to this Post

WINNERS POSTED!

TOWEL DAY 2012
"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
- From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Did you know today is Towel Day?
"Towel Day is an annual celebration on the 25th of May, as a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams (1952-2001). On that day, fans around the universe proudly carry a towel in his honour."
- From http://towelday.org/

Do you know where your towel is?
What do you mean, "Pirates don't have towels?"

DON'T PANIC!

I'm sure you can locate your towel quickly, being the brilliant bunch that you are! Once you find it, draw a picture of your pirate (or any pirate) creatively putting their towel to good use!

- You may create your picture in any medium you wish (paint, pencil, ink - something somewhat flat). Digitally or by hand is fine.
- Original artwork only. This means drawn by you, and only you! No screens shots from the game or borrowed images from the internet.
- One entry per person.
- General forum rules apply. Subject matter should be suitable for forums.
- Images should be uploaded and hosted by a photo-hosting site of your choice and included in your entry post using image tags. How to post an image.
- Images should be no larger than 600 x 600 pixels in jpg or png format. No animated gifs. If necessary, you may include a link to a larger image.
- There should be no need for narrative text.

For event information in Spanish, click HERE !

DEADLINE: 6am game time, Monday, June 11th, 2012. That's just a smidge over 2 weeks, so don't procrastinate!
ENTRY THREAD LINK: Click HERE to post your entry in the proper thread! Entries posted in any place other than that thread will be be ignored.
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR PIRATE NAME AND OCEAN WITH YOUR ENTRY!

PRIZES!
The top three entries will win their very own, miniature towel trinket. On our side of the universe, we might call it a handkerchief.
Prizes will vary from fabulously decorative hanging towels for your home... to who knows what else. The important thing is to have fun!

If you have any questions, please post in this thread!
Good Luck!
----------------------------------------
DEXLA LOUISA MIDNIGHT on Cerulean
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Dexla at Jun 12, 2012 6:51:30 AM]
[May 25, 2012 7:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: Don't Panic! It's Towel Day 2012! (art contest! ends June 11!) Reply to this Post

Fuuuuuuun ^^ let me get my cookies ready so i can start >:3!

Now, that is a towel cookies :3
Yumisa World Wide ;)
Your Favourite Cookie Monster <3

[Seasonal Avatars ~ The Comeback! ]
[May 25, 2012 8:12:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Re: Don't Panic! It's Towel Day 2012! (art contest! ends June 11!) Reply to this Post

Yay for towel day :D I was wondering ... could I parts of other artwork I made for other competitions? I just happen to have the perfect backdrop for my idea.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[May 25, 2012 8:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Yay for towel day :D I was wondering ... could I parts of other artwork I made for other competitions? I just happen to have the perfect backdrop for my idea.

Sure, I'll allow that :)
[May 25, 2012 9:00:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sucked... if this really is some sort of known "day" that's sad. I can name a billion things more useful than a towel...
Shawe - Greed is good.
"FIGHT CLUB!" Avatars by Shawe.
[May 25, 2012 9:34:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sucked... if this really is some sort of known "day" that's sad. I can name a billion things more useful than a towel...

God you love to ruin everything dont you? If you dont like it, ignore it. Some other people will like to have fun. Like you said in another thread: "Dont waste your time" with things you dont like/appreciate/whatever :)
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[May 25, 2012 9:41:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shawe

God you love to ruin everything dont you? If you dont like it, ignore it. Some other people will like to have fun. Like you said in another thread: "Dont waste your time" with things you dont like/appreciate/whatever :)

Yes, I do. Unfortunately I can't unsee what I have seen. Pointing out that the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy sucks is more fun to me than drawing a towel. This non-constructive criticism has not been a waste of my time.
Shawe - Greed is good.
"FIGHT CLUB!" Avatars by Shawe.
[May 25, 2012 9:47:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Shawe [Link]  Go to top 
Yngve6

Yes, I do. Unfortunately I can't unsee what I have seen. Pointing out that the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy sucks is more fun to me than drawing a towel. This non-constructive criticism has not been a waste of my time.

Sadly for me. Reading it did waste mine.
Inghild on Meridian
Yngve on Emerald
[May 25, 2012 10:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Nice event, Dexla. So any kind of medium is ok? So I do not have to draw?
I thought about doing a towel day event too, but thought of it too late, so I'm really happy someone does!

And Shawe, this is not parley.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Aeternis at May 25, 2012 11:22:23 AM]
[May 25, 2012 10:21:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Somebody needs a history lesson. And a sense of humour.

*Passes a towel*

Dear Dex, I probably wasn't going to have time to enter, but now I'm going to make it. Where's that time machine gone?
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 25, 2012 2:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

The in-game question of the evening : Medium

I did originally mean "any medium" as in traditional drawing mediums : paint, pencil, chalk, ink... but I will allow some-what flat, creative uses of... stuff. Now, I won't be answering the "how about..." questions in regards to that because I don't want to be a dictator or stifle your creativity. Try to keep it on a 2-dimensional plane though. Even if it's lumpy. Or smushed. If you wonder if you've actually created a sculpture, then you've probably gone a bit too far, but be creative! Have fun!
[May 25, 2012 3:33:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Can i use my dog this time like a paper to put the towel entry? :D!

lol im kidding -poor doog, first maccaroni, now this :P-
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[May 25, 2012 4:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Do note that he didn't include himself on that billion-item list. ;)

Though those cookies look more like uh napkins to me. (Of the sanitary variety. <_<)

Contest-related question: How deeply off the creative end can we go with "good use"? :P
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Roleni at May 26, 2012 5:02:44 PM]
[May 26, 2012 5:02:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Contest-related question: How deeply off the creative end can we go with "good use"? :P

Challenges, challenges.
Let's keep in mind general forum rules and even if the forum rules don't cover it, don't do anything that might get you banned!
[May 26, 2012 6:12:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Hm i wonder... my idea was kind of done XD im not sure if i should make a new one or keep going :Y

PS: read PMs someday :p
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[May 26, 2012 9:07:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phamy

Can I draw more than one towel? Or can we only use one towel in the picture?
[May 27, 2012 2:44:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Can I draw more than one towel? Or can we only use one towel in the picture?

Sure I'll allow more than one!
[May 27, 2012 3:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I love Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Not as much as I love Erik the Viking, but hey.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[May 29, 2012 4:35:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bottlejack

Guys, I don't have the skills/time to do it, so PLEASE someone do a pirate using a wet towel as a bludgeon (or as a replacement for a rigging rope) xD.
[Jun 3, 2012 8:54:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Guys, I don't have the skills/time to do it, so PLEASE someone do a pirate using a wet towel as a bludgeon (or as a replacement for a rigging rope) xD.

awww what if someone was doing that already? :( now people they think they copied from you ;_; but nice ideas though :P
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[Jun 4, 2012 1:40:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bottlejack

Oh...=(.

well, I don't want credits to be given at all, just wanna see a wet towel bludgeon. \o/!
[Jun 4, 2012 2:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Arghhpirrrate!! Your entry!- Awesome!
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Jun 7, 2012 7:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Hehe, yours is awesome too Muse! Plus, your 30 min quicky thread was just the start of my procrastinating :P
[Jun 7, 2012 7:55:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
iong

no, arghh. those are considered breaks. and just a lot of breaks if you want :P
Captain and Surgeon of Eye of Harmony
Founding member of Blink and The White Void
Show-me-the-stars avvie by XEcastasy!!

Adrielle tells ye, "they are coming - the chickens are coming"

[Jun 7, 2012 10:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

My breaks are for stuffing my face. Do this much study for this much cake hehe
[Jun 7, 2012 11:23:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Lol will argh be the new YPP hero? :o
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[Jun 8, 2012 10:37:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

That's SuperArghh to you!

[Jun 8, 2012 10:37:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

PRIZES!
The top three entries will win their very own, miniature towel trinket. On our side of the universe, we might call it a handkerchief.
Prizes will vary from fabulously decorative hanging towels for your home... to who knows what else.

Coiled towel scarves!

[Jun 8, 2012 11:39:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arghhpirate

Hey, how'd you guys guess my super secret identity ;o
[Jun 8, 2012 7:47:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Hey, how'd you guys guess my super secret identity ;o

I seriously want to make a SuperArghh avatar, might turn out funny lol
Yumisa World Wide ;)

[Jun 8, 2012 9:56:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates