• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2964
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 249984 times and has 2963 replies Next Thread
clasalle

Re: ROMS: (DC)XV -- GAME ON Reply to this Post

DD suspicious of Rissa

This was the post that made me switch my vote. This was Goats reasoning too for voting Riss. Now he bolds part of the quote but I actually found Riss's logic to make some sense when I thought all the way through it. Yet they just jumped on the part that didn't make sense when taken out of the entire thought process.
----------------------------------------
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 8, 2012 6:52:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

I really, really, don't like how easily and fast that lynch built on Dwizzles after I cased Furare. Especially after I tried to lynch him for a fair portion of this game. It made me really really sadface. Hence the swap.

The case where I feel like I am most likely to regret this is where Dwizzles and Furare are both Rogues.

Riku, do you think that? If you do, you might be able to persuade me to shift onto Dwizzles. Just letting you know.
Nalanthi - A Blatant PvPer, War Monger and Officer of the Falcon's Fury.
-Midnight (Retired)
Tamman - Head of a Merchant Empire, and Strategist of Black Plague
-Viridian (Retired)
Nalanthi - Mercenary and scalawag.
-Malachite
[Jul 8, 2012 6:52:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I don't really think dwizzles is a rogue with Furare. I think if DD is a rogue, he's a rogue with Furare. Until recently, I thought if Dwizzles were a rogue, he was a rogue with DD. Now I'm not as sure. From the way Goats didn't think Clasalle was innocent after her self- vote tie, I don't think Clasalle is a rogue. I don't think Nal is a rogue. The situations involving DD or Furare or both being rogues make more sense to me than Dwizzles being a rogue, I guess.

#Unvote: Dwizzles
#Vote: Dementedduck

Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 8, 2012 7:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

It is worth pointing out that on the day the ban failed, a confirmed Rogue was voting both me and Clasalle. If one of us was a Rogue and the other wasn't they could have flipped and lynched the innocent to protect the rogue.
-Midnight (Retired)
-Viridian (Retired)
-Malachite
[Jul 8, 2012 7:23:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Yeah, I noticed that earlier.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 8, 2012 7:27:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

STOP. Edit: And yes, I did just do this for randomact. <3
Moderating ROMS: (DC)XV with Quitex.

We haz power.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rogue_JM at Jul 8, 2012 7:35:21 PM]
[Jul 8, 2012 7:30:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

right now, thankyou very much.

<3 JM.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randomact at Jul 8, 2012 7:37:10 PM]
[Jul 8, 2012 7:31:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

Vote Total:
DementedDuck (4): Nalanthi, clasalle, Dwizzles, riku743
Dwizzles (2): DementedDuck, Furare

DementedDuck is the vote leader, is now lynched, and is revealed.
Alignment: Rogue
Mafia Equivalent: None

NIGHT ACTIONS ARE TO BE SENT TO MODERATORS BY 7:00 AM PST. DAY 15 WILL BEGIN TOMORROW AT 7:30 AM PST.

It is now night. Please do not talk.

We haz power.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rogue_JM at Jul 8, 2012 7:40:40 PM]
[Jul 8, 2012 7:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

How the hell did that happen haha. Good game, guys, good luck roguey rogues!

Edit because I can :D I don't do death scenes!
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DementedDuck at Jul 9, 2012 12:01:18 AM]
[Jul 8, 2012 11:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rogue_JM

The sun makes it's appearance. The remaining innocents of the town wake up in a relief, knowing that they're one of the last few. The remaining people simultaneously walk out of their shacks, trying to figure out who's missing. Eventually, they walk outside of the shack of NALANTHI. The two moderators grin, evily.

"Don't even bother opening his door," Rogue_Quitex commands.
"Town members, we've got an announcement," Rogue_JM says. The town members flinch in hopes that the game hasn't reached it's final point.
"We're cutting your time even more now." Rogue_Quitex smirks.
"You've got 24 hours to find your rogue." Rogue_JM says.
"If you choose wrong..." Rogue_Quitex pauses.
Rogue_JM smiles, "That's the ball game, folks."

Who's the last one? Is it Clasalle? Dwizzles? Furare? Riku743?

Choose wisely...

NALANTHI is banned, and is revealed.
Alignment: Innocent
Role: None

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF, AND IS NOW IN 24 HOURS. DEADLINE FOR VOTES IS TUESDAY, JULY 10, AT 7:30 AM PST.

We haz power.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Rogue_JM at Jul 9, 2012 6:16:07 PM]
[Jul 9, 2012 7:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

I feel like in one of those reality shows finale where the host throws a curve ball last second, and smirks evily full of his own excitement. I AM TRYA BANKS!!!
Co-Moderating ROMS DCXV with Rogue_JM
(ROMS XV: DC)

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 9, 2012 7:37:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

Nalanthi sits in his room, a single lamp shining down on the cuttings on his desks. He looks at them, but doesn't even see them. He mutters to himself.

"So many dead... We tried to defend ourselves, but even if we win the toll will be horrible."

He looks at the spots where his last set of analysis lay.

"At least I found some allies, at last."

A scraping sound announces the door opening behind him.

"Finally, I thought you'd be here two nights ago."

"I got held up, beltway traffic is killer."

"Figures, I..."

A blunt impact ends that sentence forever.

At least I won't wind up talking to myself today.
Good luck townies.
-Midnight (Retired)
-Viridian (Retired)
-Malachite
[Jul 9, 2012 7:49:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

So. I think that of the people who voted DD, Dwizzles is the only one I could see as a rogue, because he would be voting a fellow rogue who voted for him, and in self-preservation. Then, of course, there's Furare, who didn't vote DD at all. It's one of those two. Time for some reading -- with three confirmed rogues, patterns of voting and interactions should be easier to see.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 9:28:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

I'm really hoping at some point today I get time to look at the three rogues and see if they straight up avoid one more than the other. I noticed last night marinated had a little one liners with Dwizzles but not much else. Sadly though for that plan my work is looking crazy.
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 9, 2012 9:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

fluff

As if I wasn't busy enough today. The government had to send me over 100 forms to number and put into use for firearm purchases. The reasoning for the new forms. So we can have a SEPERATE box to ask if people are hispanic. sigh

/fluff
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 9, 2012 12:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

I'm pretty surprised Nalanthi made it this long to be honest. So 4 people left, one rogue. I've already stated that I think Riku is innocent, and to a lesser extent, I think Clasalle is as well.

That leaves Furare, who happens to be the only person that didn't vote for a rogue last night.

I feel really weird being the first to vote, but...

#Vote: Furare
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jul 9, 2012 1:16:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Furare

That is evil. 24 hours is... nothing. Although - 24 hours? That deadline appears to be in the past. (Hey, guys, it's already Monday 9th. :P)

I'm sorry I left when I did last night. With an hour and a half to go it didn't seem likely that anything would change in the way that it actually did. I sold Nalanthi short; I thought he wouldn't consider switching. I would have voted for DD - I know that's easy to say now - but at the point when I voted that didn't seem like an option. I hit "Post Reply" and then went to bed. The deadlines in this game have been awful for me. I won't be around at tomorrow's, either, unless my manager happens to be in a meeting or something. I may just have to skip any future games with this sort of timing.

So, Dwizzles. I feel like his reasoning for saying the most suspicious people were me and DD here is weird and pretty shady. He did a process of elimination type argument, in which he misattributed the Marinated hammer vote to Clasalle and said that made him think she was innocent. When Clasalle pointed out that it was actually me who did that, he changed his mind about it being a sign of innocence and claims that his innocent read on Clasalle is just a gut feel. And still thinking that I'm a likely rogue despite the correction.

It feels like he just wanted some reason to discount Clasalle so he could vote for me, as the last convenient target left. So when his reason for FoIing Clasalle was removed and reassigned to me, he claimed a gut feel instead, and just dropped the hammer vote thing because it wasn't in his interests to FoI me. (It's kinda funny: Goats tried to discredit any FoI I might get for voting Marinated, and Dwizzles tried to assign the credit to somebody else.)

Since Dwizzles mentioned Goats voting him yesterDay as part of his defence, I went back and looked, and I don't think it's something I would conclude innocence from.

On Day 2, Goats voted Dwizzles, bringing his vote tally to 3 at a time when the score was Mousebait 7 Lyaka 5. (Basically, it was fairly clear that either Mousebait or Lyaka was being lynched at the time. There is minimal risk involved in voting another rogue - especially if you don't offer a compelling reason - if they're not in any danger of being lynched, which Dwizzles really wasn't at that point.)

On Day 3, he votes Dwizzles very early but leaves himself an out in saying that he might change his mind if Dwizzles "follows through on his promise" (to contribute more). This is more risky because there weren't many votes down at the time - but I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that the votes would pile up on Lyaka. And Goats had left himself that room to backtrack. Dwizzles actually pulled ahead 2-1 at one point but Marinated pegged it back to 2-2 with her vote.

After that, on Day 4, he came into a thread where the score was Dwizzles 2 Clasalle 1 - and voted for Clasalle. Though he had earlier "broken up with" Dwizzles on the strength of Searmin's theory about the NotJaret ban, so this makes sense, at least. But still - the fact remains that he didn't vote for Dwizzles again after that.

So basically what I've found is that Goats didn't really ever put Dwizzles into any real danger by voting on him. I really don't think it's a case of "Dwizzles must be innocent because Goats voted for him a couple of times".

Onto the voting yesterDay... I don't know why DD would vote for Dwizzles if they're both rogues. Maybe he'd noticed my suspicion of him (DD) and didn't want to provoke me into acting upon it. Maybe he figured that Dwizzles was probably dead based on other people's suspicions and wanted to look good out of that. I'm not sure. I figure that if DD thought another rogue was going to die he would want to be on that lynch, judging from his behaviour over the Goats lynch.

As to Dwizzles voting DD... I think he would have liked to get me lynched and only switched when he realised that that probably wasn't going to happen, just to try to salvage something out of the situation. Clasalle was pushing for DD, Nalanthi was re-evaluating, and Dwizzles could have no way of knowing if I would come back to switch my vote over to DD, either. So really, I think he felt trapped into voting his partner.

Preview: I'm not surprised he's voting for me - I'm not sure what else he can do. I do like that he emphasises that I'm the only person who didn't vote for a rogue - which, while true, is only the case because when I voted and left the thread it wasn't really viable to vote for DD. Which I thought was pretty clear from my posts yesterDay was what I would rather have done.

#Vote: Dwizzles

I think Riku is innocent and won't vote for him. I'm not sure what it would take for me to vote Clasalle but I don't see it being likely. I'll be around for another hour or so tonight and probably tomorrow in my lunch hour, but I don't really have any more time than that. This post ate more of my evening than I anticipated. :(
Amonet on Obsidian. Dracina everywhere else.

Now only mostly retired.

[Jul 9, 2012 2:23:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

#Vote: Furare
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 2:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Dwizzles and Furare, did you have any items over the course of the game? It's the last Day, so I figure full disclosure is a good idea.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 6:55:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Yeah. I stated that I passed an item to Luvessy earlier in the game because I thought she was the PWS(although for the wrong reasons).

My item was called Holy Water. It is a single-use item in the sense that it will be transferred to the person you select. I couldn't use it on myself.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jul 9, 2012 7:03:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

Stop!

Furare: Riku, Dwizzles
Dwizzles: Furare
No vote: Clasalle.

Game over.

Furare is Lynched.
Alignment: Rogue.
Role: None.

Even though all DC died, the town gathered together around Furare's dead body, full of bansticks tattoos and other evil stuff.

Riku, the major, was able to restore order. Every alive citizen is now safe, all the gang members are gone.

Rejoice!

Thanks everyone for signing up. It was a great game, although the endgame was very, very lame.

Also, Furare, <3.

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 9, 2012 7:35:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Uhhh. Okay. But I thought deadline is in 12 hours.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 7:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Just making sure your memory is serving you correctly.

Anyway, what brought that up is I was looking back at when Dwizzles voted Marinated. People seem to be caught up on how Furare hammervoted Marinated. However, Dwizzles voted Marinated too, at a time that I think is more FOO-worthy than when Furare did. Before Dwizzles' vote on Marinated, there was a tie between her and Setsusa, each with 3 votes. His vote pushed Marinated into the lead.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 7:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Well this is awkward.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Jul 9, 2012 7:39:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nalanthi

Well this is awkward.

Yep
-Midnight (Retired)
-Viridian (Retired)
-Malachite
[Jul 9, 2012 7:42:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RogueQuitex

I totally blame JM. -___-

I am so sorry. For some reason I had it down in my calendar for tonight 7:30 PM.

I fail as a mod. However, I highly doubt any of you were gonna change your votes anyways.

I am never moderating again.

Good game, everyone!

I'm full of the evilz.
BANZORZ!
[Jul 9, 2012 7:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I had fun watching ^.^ gg.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Jul 9, 2012 7:53:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

I wasn't going to move my vote, anyway >_>
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jul 9, 2012 7:53:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
clasalle

I would have voted Furare I found the odd distance between her and DD,LoG to be pretty convincing. However I was trying not to fall asleep while I finished my reading and then saw I got an e-mail saying I was added to the DT and so I came to check.
Lassie on Viridian
[Jul 9, 2012 7:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPSIES.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jul 9, 2012 7:55:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2964   Pages: 99   [ First Page | Previous Page | 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates