• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1237 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Franklincain

Building Footprints Reply to this Post

I've been compiling a list of (documented) "footprints" (ground sizes) of the various buildings, for eventual inclusion into the YPPedia. Here's what I've gathered so far.

For the sake of consistency, I'm listing these footprints in the format "AxB" (where A is less than or equal to B).

Stalls and Shoppes

All Bazaars have a 6x6 footprint, regardless of craft. Shoppes, however, vary by craft.

Apothecary....4x6
Distillery....4x6
Furnisher.....4x5
Iron Monger...5x5
Shipyard......6x8
Tailor........5x5
Weavery.......5x5

Infrastructure

I was not able to find the footprint for an Inn. The other infrastructure buildings showed their respective footprints. (And since a palace comes into existence by upgrading the island's fort, I'm not surprised they have the same size footprint...)

As an aside...I presume the palace cannot be relocated; that is, it *must* be built at the exact same location and orientation as the fort from which is was upgraded. Could I get some governor -- past or present -- to please confirm this?

Bank...........5x5
Com. Market....6x7
Estate Agent...5x5
Fort/Palace....6x7
Inn............???

Attractions

I was not able to find the footprints for any of the three types of Attractions -- Black Market, Explorers' Hall, and Trading Post.

Housing

Shacks through Townhouses all have the same footprint -- 5x5. Manors through Estates share the same footprint as well -- 6x7, in their case. Pirate Halls fall in between, with a footprint of 5x6.

Recap -- Missing Info

I'd still like to know the footprint for an Inn as well as for the three types of Attractions. Thanks! ;-)

~Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[May 23, 2012 11:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: Building Footprints Reply to this Post

Inn and Explorer Hall: 5x7
Black Market: 4x5
Trading post: 5x5

I figured these out using Yohoho Tools.
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 23, 2012 12:09:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

First, this should probably be in the wiki forum, not GD.

Second, how is this different than the existing information in the wiki? Or, are you just collecting the information that is in the wiki into a single article?

For what it is worth, the announcement of explorer halls says they are 6x7 in size, I suspect the other announcements for attractions have similar info.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at May 23, 2012 12:40:38 PM]
[May 23, 2012 12:38:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

(Quoting from this post:
Some additional information for flags looking to construct a Black Market of their very own...
* It can go on any medium or large island and will take up a 5x5 sized plot.

Sigh... That's now three different quotes as to size. :-/

Footprints that I found were listed in the separate wiki articles for each individual building type.

I'd like to eventually consolidate this information into one article specifically on building footprints, as an aid to governors and/or island designers.

Thanks! ;-)
~Franklin
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Franklincain at May 23, 2012 12:47:20 PM]
[May 23, 2012 12:46:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Katebarloww

I double checked that the tailor was indeed 5x5, then used it to check the Inn and two attractions on Armstrong by overlaying them in the "Create Building" scene.

Explorer's Halls are 6x7
Trading Posts are 5x6
Inns are 6x7

No Black Market here, so I couldn't check that. I'd be willing to take screenies if you need proof :p

Edit: I think if Dexla just used the Yohoho Tools, she wouldn't have counted the ground in front of the building that the game includes as part of the footprint, making them 1 unit wider than it looks. The three of those that I checked would be the same dimensions, plus that extra unit of ground, so I think it's safe to say a Black Market would be 5x5.
Not / Maliya. Mostly Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Katebarloww at May 23, 2012 1:16:05 PM]
[May 23, 2012 1:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Edit: I think if Dexla just used the Yohoho Tools, she wouldn't have counted the ground in front of the building that the game includes as part of the footprint, making them 1 unit wider than it looks. The three of those that I checked would be the same dimensions, plus that extra unit of ground, so I think it's safe to say a Black Market would be 5x5.

Ah! I did not know that! Thanks!
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 23, 2012 6:20:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates