• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3218 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Fungunn12

Meridian or Emerald? Reply to this Post

The title basically states the question of this thread, Emerald or Meridian. I can't answer this myself as I have been a hunter come Emerald player my whole pirate career.

What i'm looking for is the population at each time in comparison with each. The blockading activity, pillaging, shoppes and amount of cadeable islands ect.

Obviously everyone will have a different opinion and I will get a lot of hate posting this, as most will say, 'They are both good in their own ways'. But what I am looking for is peoples opinions on the topic.

So tell me your opinion and reasons backing it up.

Thanks darlzzz.

---------------------------

Fungun. Retired.
[May 15, 2012 3:25:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ranker1

Re: Meridian or Emerald? Reply to this Post

I can answer with what I know. Regarding population, Emerald's is slightly higher, maybe by 50-100 in general and 200 or so in peak times. Many of Meridian's players have actually moved to Emerald - particularly the experienced ones after the collapse of the blockade scene on Meridian, which ties in with your other question. Emerald is definitely more blockade active than Meridian. Although with the recent arrival of Dont Open 'Til Doomsday a lot of people are quivering in fear, it has been fairly dead on Meridian for some time, mostly because there a couple of flags who use their wealth to wipe the floor with smaller flags that are trying to get into the blockading game. (See Requisition vs Serenity - don't let numbers deceive you)

Regarding pillaging, I'd say it's fairly equal on both oceans. Possibly Meridian slightly topping it. I couldn't say for certain, but from what I've seen it appears that Emerald is more SMH/flotilla orientated, whereas Meridian has more small-scale pillages. I think this could be because of the number differences, as from what I've seen it can often be a struggle to fill a flotilla or large-scale SMH on Meridian, particularly if you aren't a known navigator.

I also believe that the cadeable islands are fairly equal, but Meridian is difficult because on the Malachite side of the ocean there is very little of worth to actually blockade, what with there being no larges. Whereas on Emerald the blockadeable islands are more equally distributed between Hunter and Sage. If you look at the blockade history of the two oceans, it becomes clear that there is quite a prevalence of blockading Viridian islands in comparison to Malachite, whereas Emeralds blockade history will probably point to a more equal trend.

I play on both oceans, so I have a fairly neutral view of the whole thing. Hope my knowledge helps, but I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea about the shape of the shoppes, not really being one for economics. As I understand it, however, both are equally poor due to undercutting prices and paving leading to greenie shoppe owners ruining island economies. (See debate about Admiral in Emerald Parley.)
----------------------------------------
Ranker on Meridian.

Super.
[May 15, 2012 3:38:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fungunn12

Re: Meridian or Emerald? Reply to this Post

I can answer with what I know. Regarding population, Emerald's is slightly higher, maybe by 50-100 in general and 200 or so in peak times. Many of Meridian's players have actually moved to Emerald - particularly the experienced ones after the collapse of the blockade scene on Meridian, which ties in with your other question. Emerald is definitely more blockade active than Meridian. Although with the recent arrival of Dont Open 'Til Doomsday a lot of people are quivering in fear, it has been fairly dead on Meridian for some time, mostly because there a couple of flags who use their wealth to wipe the floor with smaller flags that are trying to get into the blockading game. (See Requisition vs Serenity - don't let numbers deceive you)

Regarding pillaging, I'd say it's fairly equal on both oceans. Possibly Meridian slightly topping it. I couldn't say for certain, but from what I've seen it appears that Emerald is more SMH/flotilla orientated, whereas Meridian has more small-scale pillages. I think this could be because of the number differences, as from what I've seen it can often be a struggle to fill a flotilla or large-scale SMH on Meridian, particularly if you aren't a known navigator.

I also believe that the cadeable islands are fairly equal, but Meridian is difficult because on the Malachite side of the ocean there is very little of worth to actually blockade, what with there being no larges. Whereas on Emerald the blockadeable islands are more equally distributed between Hunter and Sage. If you look at the blockade history of the two oceans, it becomes clear that there is quite a prevalence of blockading Viridian islands in comparison to Malachite, whereas Emeralds blockade history will probably point to a more equal trend.

I play on both oceans, so I have a fairly neutral view of the whole thing. Hope my knowledge helps, but I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea about the shape of the shoppes, not really being one for economics. As I understand it, however, both are equally poor due to undercutting prices and paving leading to greenie shoppe owners ruining island economies. (See debate about Admiral in Emerald Parley.)

This is muchly appreciated, thanks for taking the time to write it out. :)
[May 15, 2012 3:49:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates