• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1428 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Banana Monkey -- Palette help please Reply to this Post

Last I tried to update the monkey palette image, I was faced with a weird protection on the image, so I figured I'd go ahead and put the screenshot of the monkey here and hopefully one of our awesome YPPedia admins can add it when they have a free moment :D
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at May 12, 2012 3:58:38 AM]
[May 12, 2012 3:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: Banana Monkey -- Palette help please Reply to this Post

I unprotected it after the last time, so there's no using that excuse any more. =P

At least, I'm pretty sure I did.
[May 12, 2012 6:06:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I unprotected it after the last time, so there's no using that excuse any more. =P

At least, I'm pretty sure I did.

Okay, well I can update it. I just didn't want to put in all the effort only to be told at the last second "Protected".

Edit: All done. And yes, that dark orange shine on the monkey is the way it appears in-game.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at May 12, 2012 4:10:16 PM]
[May 12, 2012 3:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Is there a page or a post for the casual yppedia tinker-er that explains how to update those familiar/pet grids in very basic terms, or instructions, that even I might be able to understand them?

More banana critters. And the green dog not on the dog page (Is it categorized differently than a dog?)

*Edit to add: I just sent a petition in: My Spectral Hound has become solid. As is the banshee on my Bardic sloop and the phantom on my Phantom sloop. Is it just me?
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at May 17, 2012 6:12:42 AM]
[May 17, 2012 5:53:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

The spectral hound is on the Pet page - it's at the very, very bottom.

There's not really an easy way to update any of the familiar grids, and I meant to do it but haven't gotten around to it. I'm debating about switching the parrot one to use the same sort of grid found on trinket pages and the pet pages (the Elephant grids, for example), because the parrot uses all of those same colors and that grid would be easier to update going forward. Just haven't a chance yet to really work on it.

If you want to try it, for both the dog and serpent, it's a matter of expanding the canvas of the image and adding an extra row or column depending on where the color should fall. I think for both, adding an extra column is all that's needed. If you want to play with it, feel free to PM me.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[May 17, 2012 6:51:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

The spectral hound is on the Pet page - it's at the very, very bottom.

I'm sorry - I meant from the grid :)

There's not really an easy way to update any of the familiar grids, and I meant to do it but haven't gotten around to it. I'm debating about switching the parrot one to use the same sort of grid found on trinket pages and the pet pages (the Elephant grids, for example), because the parrot uses all of those same colors and that grid would be easier to update going forward. Just haven't a chance yet to really work on it.

If you want to try it, for both the dog and serpent, it's a matter of expanding the canvas of the image and adding an extra row or column depending on where the color should fall. I think for both, adding an extra column is all that's needed. If you want to play with it, feel free to PM me.

Well - for grids, I can understand the basic photo-manipulation aspect of it: open in photoshop, increase canvas size, copy from screenie, paste, align in a row or column, flatten and save, upload updated image.

It's the magic that happens between there... and the point where a pirate is updating their page to say the pirate has a tan/banana parrot. How does the pet box "know" where to go on the grid? :D That's the part that bewilders me. Or is that magic I shouldn't fiddle with? (Trust me, I won't be offended is anyone says I really should leave it to the pros!)
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 17, 2012 8:28:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fannon

Ah, I understand. For pets that come in a new color, For most of them we just have to add in a new sub template, but someone who knows how to do it can do it after the image is updated. Though, thats why we add new rows/columns to the end so that sll thd current tempkates will still work. For familiars, they actually look at individual images, not the grid. So like the parrot grid is woefully out of date, but most of the individual images for use on pirate pages do exist.
Princess of Versus Terminus
Wikipedia Administrator
[May 17, 2012 11:16:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates