• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4549 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
NotJaret

Piggy Banks Discussion Reply to this Post

This thread is for the discussion of normal piggy banks.

We probably need an image, don't know the status of that.

We also should collect the values of opened piggy banks to get a range. I will asked Sheeran, and she got a value of 10k from her piggy. They also make the normal sound.
----------------------------------------
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[May 6, 2012 5:04:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Re: Piggy Banks Discussion Reply to this Post

Eightycats said here that normal piggy banks, like the one Clotho included in the Emerald impromptu competition, are not going to be purchasable and will be used as competition prizes.

Also, we don't know if the amount of PoE awarded is randomly assigned from pre-selected amounts, or specified at the moment of creation. Therefore, discussing amounts at this time is not really of importance, but simply logging amounts could be useful for information sake.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[May 6, 2012 6:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Briix broke his Piggy for the ''Sank again and no Injury!'' competition for 20k.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[May 6, 2012 6:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

I hope the piggy got an injury, I sure didn't!
[May 6, 2012 7:32:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

I always felt like an animal abuser when I broke open my piggys.

Maybe someone should start PETPB "People for the Ethical Treatment of Piggy Banks"
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[May 6, 2012 8:49:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

If it means I can confiscate them for (ahem) "looking after", I'll happily start such an organisation. =P
[May 7, 2012 4:16:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Eightycats said here that normal piggy banks, like the one Clotho included in the Emerald impromptu competition, are not going to be purchasable and will be used as competition prizes.

Also, we don't know if the amount of PoE awarded is randomly assigned from pre-selected amounts, or specified at the moment of creation. Therefore, discussing amounts at this time is not really of importance, but simply logging amounts could be useful for information sake.

Yep, I was going to petition Clotho if she had the ability to change the amount of poe but didn't think that was allowed.
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[May 7, 2012 4:28:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I always felt like an animal abuser when I broke open my piggys.

Maybe someone should start PETPB "People for the Ethical Treatment of Piggy Banks"

This is the closest I can accept for 'saving piggy banks'. And I want this to happen right now!!!!11!11!11
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 7, 2012 4:56:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Can we hold them in a portrait yet? /me wants!
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 7, 2012 5:56:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

We could also have piggy bank pets. I know I know, we have pigs. And since we have steam boats, I'd like to see a piggy bank themed sloop.

A piggy bank modeled house, and piggy bank trinkets..and piggy bank banks..and..

And Clotho's wish for the piggy bank to get an injury was granted - as far as I know, piggy banks have an eyepatch.

...I derailed. But I like piggy banks. Can you tell?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 7, 2012 6:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

I can tell...

Did you have one as a child?
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian & Obsidian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[May 7, 2012 9:45:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

I can tell...

Did you have one as a child?

I had many, different shapes, forms, colors - and with different contents. Hmm...that explains my love for poe...

I did crack few of them open, luckily they didn't squeal at all. Or would that be called stealing from yourself?

On the subject, don't you think that cracking open a piggy bank would give it an injury, too? Now that leads me to think why couldn't we have re-usable piggy banks..crack open and then 'salvage' and it'll have a little cute piggy band-aid....

Stop making me derail.
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 7, 2012 11:19:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

You know, maybe things are different here in Australia, or I just haven't been looking hard enough, but I have never in real life ever seen a piggy bank that requires breaking it in order to get the goodies inside. Oh, I've seen them on TV on occasion, but the ones you get here always have a hole in the bottom with a rubber stopper.
[May 7, 2012 1:03:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

You don't have the ones with a key?

...which you will lose sooner or later. Because you're a kid who can't bother to remember that it's so much easier to to open a lock with a key. Or the fact that stuffing notes in your piggy bank will make it harder to uh...get the coins out from the tiny hole (that you're misusing as an exit for the money).

Edit: sometimes, mostly when you're a kid, things just 'get' broken...and not because you aren't being careful enough or you like to see what happens if you introduce them to a hammer...
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Notsizzly at May 7, 2012 1:36:15 PM]
[May 7, 2012 1:21:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

You know, maybe things are different here in Australia, or I just haven't been looking hard enough, but I have never in real life ever seen a piggy bank that requires breaking it in order to get the goodies inside. Oh, I've seen them on TV on occasion, but the ones you get here always have a hole in the bottom with a rubber stopper.

I've currently got one sitting on my desk (she's covered in butterflies :D) and she has the rubber stopper at the bottom, also.

Oh wait, I'm Australian too. Oops.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[May 7, 2012 2:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

From Wikipedia ,

Piggy banks are typically made of ceramic or porcelain, and serve as a pedagogical device to teach the rudiments of thrift and savings to children; money can be easily inserted, but in the traditional type of bank the pig must be broken open for it to be retrieved. Most modern piggy banks, however, have a rubber plug located on the underside; others are made of vinyl and have a removable nose for easy coin access. Some piggy banks incorporate electronic systems which calculate the amount of money deposited.

Hmm, citations are needed for this. The only one in the paragraph is about the aforementioned electronic piggy banks. I guess we have no evidence that piggy banks used to be for keeps!
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at May 7, 2012 3:31:51 PM]
[May 7, 2012 3:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

Back in the days when I was a child, we didn't have electricity...okay we did but not 'electronic' piggy banks. We were raised to believe that once you put the money in, you were supposed to open it only at the bank desk and thus had to use a key (some of the systems were poorly made out of plastic you could just pop open with a knife...). I didn't say it worked, though.

I don't like this 'removable nose' idea. No nose should be removed, pig's or pirat..oh wait...
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[May 7, 2012 5:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates