• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4185 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Smlax

Question on BNAV Ranking -- IO, Atlantis, CI, and HS Reply to this Post

Pretty simple question. Do any of the aforementioned "expeditions" affect Bnav ranking? If so, do they generally help or hurt your scores?

Thanks
----------------------------------------
Smlax on ~Emerald~
[May 3, 2012 10:03:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Re: Question on BNAV Ranking -- IO, Atlantis, CI, and HS Reply to this Post

Nope, only battles against barbarians and brigands will affect your bnav rating.

Edit: And pvp, I believe.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randomact at May 3, 2012 10:15:29 PM]
[May 3, 2012 10:06:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that PvP does not affect your BNav standing as it would be exploitable.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[May 4, 2012 1:04:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

it's just brigands, barbarians and I'm pretty sure PvP is (I think it's fact I just say pretty sure so if someone asks me for proof I can opt to be lazy.)
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[May 4, 2012 5:34:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

PvP is rated.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[May 4, 2012 2:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I always thought PvP was unrated.

So, if for Example, I engage Nativepride, and we grapple 0-0, will both our ranks go down, as per regular standings with Brigs and Barbs, or would they be unaffected as it's an equal pvp Bnav.
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[May 4, 2012 3:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

It really depends on the opponent's might ring... and their Bnav standing might have something to do with it as well.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[May 4, 2012 3:16:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Anything with a grapple is rated. Anything without a grapple is unrated.

Also, why it is purely personal experience, not provable fact, i've always been under the impression that Bnav points were something like 60% based on ring color/AI level (red sailors still nets a low amount of points), 20% speed, and 20% shots landed.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nooblar at May 5, 2012 6:22:48 PM]
[May 5, 2012 6:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

I've heard talk of shot accuracy having an effect. something I have no evidence to back up and have no opinion on it. Just thought I'd mention.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Senior Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[May 5, 2012 6:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I've also heard that the more of the board you use (Running away) equates to more points.
Ivytheblade

[May 8, 2012 4:42:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

This really doesn't even matter, since people can get ult bnav... even #1 bnaver... by simply have a ship attack them, maxing it to hell.. then disengaging.

then reengaging, maxing it while it cant move from the previous battle and grappling max-0 very fast...

note that this takes no bnav skill at all. XD

i guess my point is Bnav standing means nothing.
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[May 9, 2012 3:46:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

This really doesn't even matter, since people can get ult bnav... even #1 bnaver... by simply have a ship attack them, maxing it to hell.. then disengaging.

then reengaging, maxing it while it cant move from the previous battle and grappling max-0 very fast...

note that this takes no bnav skill at all. XD

i guess my point is Bnav standing means nothing.

Nothing like coming in and barnacleting all over a stat when someone is simply asking questions.

They clearly value their Bnav stat. It clearly means something to them. There is no need to devalue it or otherwise devalue their pursuit in the game.

Why do you come into a help / Q and A forum and say something doesn't even matter...

I don't even...

Should we just tell everyone bilging doesn't matter because people can bot it, or that Rumble doesn't matter since there are Mods to cheat with it, or likewise any competitive stat doesn't matter because people can alt raise it.

Yes, I am mad.
Ivytheblade

[May 9, 2012 5:15:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

Why do you come into a help / Q and A forum and say something doesn't even matter...

*shrug* i was bored.. usually dont come to this section xD

Should we just tell everyone bilging doesn't matter because people can bot it, or that Rumble doesn't matter since there are Mods to cheat with it, or likewise any competitive stat doesn't matter because people can alt raise it.

if it's the truth, then sure... i dont know about you but i dont like delusions
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[May 9, 2012 5:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

*shrug* i was bored.. usually dont come to this section xD

if it's the truth, then sure... i dont know about you but i dont like delusions

A stat doesn't suddenly have no value because people can abuse it, and a Bnavver that does what you said is still a good bnavver to pilly with, meaning that the stat still holds weight. (max - 0 frays = a higher likelihood to win (obviously))

Also, boredom is best contained in parley >_> I mean, you can choose from emerald or meridian parley and there is several active threads to sate boredom with. I don't venture much into cerulean so can't say.
Ivytheblade

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jackingg at May 9, 2012 5:57:20 AM]
[May 9, 2012 5:55:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

A stat doesn't suddenly have no value because people can abuse it, and a Bnavver that does what you said is still a good bnavver to pilly with, meaning that the stat still holds weight. (max - 0 frays = a higher likelihood to win (obviously))

well if ye dont mind 25-minute battles then yea thats great... but most jobbers tend to find that to be irritating.. the stat/board change when ye dis/re also is upsetting to some.

i will give the stat some value.. since the people who do that usually already have ult or at least leg.. i'd say bnav stat is viable up to GM...of course there are pirates who are acctually leg/ult because they are good at it, but because of the exploits i'll to neglect those 2 standings
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[May 9, 2012 6:16:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

To be fair, most jobbers won't stay past 1 battle. Get their poker money and leave. XD
Ivytheblade

[May 9, 2012 6:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

To be fair, most jobbers won't stay past 1 battle. Get their poker money and leave. XD

aye, that's a sad truth =/.

part of me sais that the initial cut release was a bad idea in that context.

that may the reason why in CI.. even if it's a big ship... people tend to stay on for the whole trip... because there is no TH/initial cut there... the money you get is truly based on you staying on the ship and working to save it.

hopefully the new SMH they are coming up with will be more like that.

on a side note: i think they should keep poker but get rid of the 20k-200k tables. poker is a nice game but shouldn't be a primary source of income in a pirate game.
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[May 9, 2012 6:32:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
b0nde00

on a side note: i think they should keep poker but get rid of the 20k-200k tables. poker is a nice game but shouldn't be a primary source of income in a pirate game.

Just to bump a super old thread cos I are osum.

I kinda like idea since I am not a poker fan or even good at poker. It can break or "make" the game. Possibly more jobbers for pillaging or SMH for PoE or even make the high rollers that fund cades quit.

I don't know but I feel PoE fountains are MOSTLY funded nowadays by 20k-200k poker or 200k AoFs
Deadcode - Emerald

Eating ears since 1969
[Jan 29, 2014 4:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates