• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 48
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13764 times and has 47 replies Next Thread
lightmaster7

[FINISHED] The End's Island Giveaway & Other Fun Events Reply to this Post

After the thrill of victory had faded on Saturday evening, we were all chatting about our summer plans. We gradually realized that there was not a single weekend this summer that more than two royals or senior officers will be around. Since, with our ridiculous social lives (well, in Winklecat's case, it is her kids' social lives) it is hard enough to get a blockade staff together as it is. To thank everyone who helped us, taught us, jobbed for us, and blockaded against us, we have decided to hold a series of small competitions that reflect some of the non-blockading activities of different pirates in The End. The final event will be an Event Cade, and we will transfer Penobscot to the winner of that event. Penobscot was the first island we have ever held; we hope that this will be an opportunity for another.

Main Event: Penobscot Giveaway --- Now Over, congrats to Fleet of Dreams!!!

· Monday April 30, 2012
· Time: 8pm game time
· Event cade
· Non sinking
· Ship sizes: Sloop to War Brig
· Max jobber pay: 500 poe/seg
· Prize: Penobscot Island
· Fort comes with 500 Large, medium, and small cannonballs as well as 500 rum
· Iron Mongers shoppe includes an anvil furniture piece

Additional rules:
· 500 poe pay cap is not a suggestion, anyone passing pay cap will be asked not to enter and/or remove ships on board. If you do you will be DISQUALIFYING the WHOLE event. I don?t care if you are going in for fun, revenge or to win this, don?t break it or RISK having the event called off I'm sure others will tell you what they think of you messing up their event.

· We would like but not necessary for one member of each flag to job in our crew. This is easiest way to get info out and if there are problems to fix. This is the fastest way instead of sending multi tells, and makes all involved know what is going on. Last event this worked great.

· Spying is highly frowned upon and shouldn?t be done and could affect type of defence we might help you with. With that said we can?t control spying ,teaming , revenge or going in for the fun of it and will not stop event for this.

· Defence help we offer: If you need to borrow a few ships and need stock would be glad to help with that. You are going to beach and want us to do a total defence; in that case we will be at beach too. We can?t really say what exactly what we can do because of our real life scheduling but will try to help out first 2 weeks. Sorry we can?t make any guarantee?s exactly how we can help or if we can.

· After cade is over, winner of island will be posted in forums as per transfer rules. Flag will send tell with govern to be named to island as soon as possible and Before Tuesday May 1,2012 11:59 am (hopefully a lot sooner) will be made governor of island.

· Any ties shall be settled one round one sloop cade event to follow right after.

Tommyr's Single Sloop Cade Event At Penobscot --- Ended: Congrats to No Quarter Given

I always love a good sloop fight, and hoping to have a fun friendly event blockade. Also I was remembering good old days went it was only the crew that would come on my sloop pillages. So with this event I'm trying to get crews out to see who can keep their sloop afloat and get the most points to win

· Non sinking
· Time 8 pm game time
· Date Friday April 27,2012
· Prize: 100k to first place
· One round
· Only one sloop, if it non-sinks you are out
· You have one min to enter after start of round
· If you get bumped into safe zone you may re-enter (10 seconds to do so) in the first 5 mins of round, after that you may not.
· We will be lending out sloops if you need one (by placing alt with ship in your crew)
· No teaming please, let's keep this fun
· At end of round, the flag with the most points and still with their sloop on board wins
· A tie will be decided by 3 vs. 3 sf from each ship or if ships that tied can come to another agreement will do that.
· Prize will be given to who signs up crew in thread
· If you are planning on entering, please sign up so we will be able to run it better and maybe adjust prize higher
· Each bnaver will job in our crew in case we decide to add bonus during cade , will be easiest way to get info out

Winklecat's Stock Run --- Going on now!

Those who know me, know that I spend far too much time moving stock. This competition is designed to get you to do some of the work for me.
Your mission is to buy 20 sugar or 10 wood at Penobscot, transport it to Scrimshaw, sell it to our distillery, Still on the Beach, buy 5 hemp oil or 10 iron (ideally from Still on the Beach or our apothecary, Whisked out to Sea, but if they are out you can buy it elsewhere on Scrimshaw), transport that to Admiral, and sell it to Mysticpizza's apothecary stall on Admiral. Feel free to buy something else that those shoppes could use and sell it to them, in case of a tie the winner will be the one who sells me the best extra commodity, based on buy price.

Rules:
The winner will be the fastest time to complete the voyage. Please post here if you plan to participate, so I will know to watch for you! Feel free to enter as many times as you like. I need lots of stock!
As noted above, ties will be settled based on the buy price of the extra commodity you sell to any of Whisked Out to Sea, Still on the Beach, or Mysticpizza's apothecary stall. I won't be changing buy prices to artificially lower them, though I may still respond to market moves on commodities.

Traditionally, running stock is done solo. If you want company, go right ahead.

You can compete in this competition at the time that suits you. I will check the departure time from Penobscot from the fort records and the arrival time at Admiral from the apothecary stall records. I will try to record each days results by edits in this post. All trips must be completed by Monday April 30, 2012 at 11:59 game time. I will check the ship records of the five fastest times to confirm no swabbying was done. If for some reason you are not able to sell your stock to one of our shoppes on Scrimshaw (Scuttled Swords, Bow Thrusters, Whisked out to Sea or It?s a Tidal Weave) or Mysticpizza?s stall, sell it to another stall, take a screenshot of your ship record showing the time and send it to me in a pm. I will verify it. You will be disqualified if you sell fewer commodities at Scrimshaw or Admiral than I have listed above. If you need charting and I am on YPP, feel free to ask. Buying all of the sugar or wood on Penobscot will get you disqualified.

Prizes:
First: Cutter and 40,000 poe to buy stock
Second: 30,000

Sunnyr's Rabbits Need Names

Tommyr has been told at least a million name suggestions by Sunnyr, all being refused because Tommyr didn't like them. Please help us stop the name calling in our crew by helping out with names for our flag rabbits...

· If no suggestion are used the best one gets a prize
· There can be more than one winner
· All names that are used, winner or winners each get 10k
· First person to post a name that is used gets prize any others posting after with same name will not get a prize for it.

It may be helpful to check out the current names of our rabbits on lovely Penobscot.

Sxygrl's Shack Decoration --- Now In Judging

Every pirate has a shack somewhere right? If you're like me, yours is pretty empty, in it there's probably a chest, wardrobe or maybe a sword rack. Well there is little I enjoy more on ypp than decorating rooms with furniture, I however have never been able to decorate a shack to my liking. That's where you come in....

· Get a shack
· Decorate it however you see fit (You may use Yohoho Tools or Scenepainter instead)
· Post a screenshot here before April 27th at 11:59pm game time

We will pick our favorites and decide prizes accordingly.

Valfreyja Is Hunting Your Eggs!!

I want to see your eggs!!! I have a fair collection of eggs and always like to see the ones I?m missing, but I don?t have enough time to visit all who collected eggs. So I?m looking for the biggest collection of eggs on emerald.

·They all have to be in the same house
·A maximum of 4 rooms will be counted
·You need to post in this thread how many eggs you have
·You must post before Sunday April 29 2012 1159 pm game time; any post after will not count
·Monday we will count up eggs of potential winners
·If somehow there is a tie, a TD match will be played for win
·First place choice of either Galene Egg or Gretchen egg or 30k
·Second place choice of what's left
·Third will what second and first didn?t take
10,000 poe bonus prize to the pirate with the most Finius eggs in one room

Get Your Picture As Governor of Penobscot
Never been a governor and wanted a picture saying you were? Well the flag The End is offering you that chance Saturday April 28 2012. We will be offering out free half hour turns to be govern of Penobscot so u can get your picture done!! We do not know how much or even if there will be inertest in this little event but all are welcome. If there is a lot interest in this event it will be extended a day and time as govern may be shortened.

Good luck to all entering the events, please feel free to PM me on here or contact Winklecat, Tommyr or Sxygrl in-game with any questions.

Further info to come regarding the island transfer including a link to the transfer thread.

Transfer intent: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=182783

Edits 1-3: Typos, wow...
Edit 4: Clarifying rules
Edit 5: Added a day to Shack design deadline
Edit 6: Edited Winklecat's Event, starting as soon as I get the go ahead from Wink.
Edit 7: Winklecat's stock run has now begun, good luck to all!
Edit 8: Fixing fixed stuff, again... Also the Rabbits that are being named are currently on Penobscot.
Edit 9: Added Valfreyja's Egg event, Winklecat's event has now begun.
Edit 10: More typos...
Edit 11: Turns out you make more typos when you edit from your phone.
Edit 12: Single Sloop event over.
Edit 13: Still more typos
Edit 14: Shack design comp in judging
Edit 15: Giveaway blockade done, congrats Fleet of Dreams
Edit 16: Adding intent thread link
Edit 17: Something so amazing that I don't remember editing
Edit 18: Adding Now Finished to the title
Edit 19: Actually doing Edit 18

----------------------------------------
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Edit 19 times, last edit by lightmaster7 at May 10, 2012 11:31:45 AM]
[Apr 24, 2012 12:03:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tommyr6

Re: The End's Island Giveaway & Other Fun Events Reply to this Post

The winklecat stock run is up and running now
Tommyr Emerald
Captain of Bootleggers
Prince of The End
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tommyr6 at Apr 27, 2012 12:32:06 AM]
[Apr 24, 2012 12:31:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

A question, for the shack contest, can we use YPP tools?
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 24, 2012 1:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

A question, for the shack contest, can we use YPP tools?

Please feel free, would rather not have anyone spend 200k to decorate their shack and have the prize not pay for that, or not win a prize at all.
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 24, 2012 1:40:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Ok i had loads of fun, and made a couple :)

The first one is a flag debate room, with room for duels if needed because everyone knows that flag meetings can get very heated ;)

The next one is an effort to make shoppe keeping available to everyone, the tiny class tailoring stall! It has a changing room, clothes storage, coffers and many other necessities.

Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 24, 2012 2:53:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Potting shed shack.

Now an old shack has a new lease of life, no longer the rustic abode of the now more prosperous pirate. Here converted into a gardener's shed. With shed like jumble of old half forgotten things amongst which are pots for plants, some bales of compost(hemp) to fill the plant pots. A place to care for seedlings, on a bench of a stack of handy timber. Half barrel of water for watering them, even an old stove to keep any cold nights from harming the delicate new growing plants. Even an old long past plundered exotic chair to rest the weary old bones of the old gardener.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 25, 2012 7:45:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Loving the entries so far for my Shack Design comp, I will be extending the deadline a day to the 27th at 11:59pm.

Also going to be adding 1 or 2 more events created by flag members, be sure to check back soon!
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 25, 2012 4:00:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

This redundant shack has been taken over for use as a schoolroom. For budding pirates need to know how to read a map, and calculate their share of the booty!

(though I fear some child is favouring the teacher with chocolates for a good mark!)
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 25, 2012 4:32:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Keep up the great entries!

Winklecat's Stock run has now begun, I have also added a new event: Valfreyja's Egg Hunt

Good luck evrryone!
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 26, 2012 12:55:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Carpet weaver's shack. With skills learnt from his travels, having seen this usually domestic craft in action, this pirate is producing Original eastern carpets, (fakes) for the local market, out of sight of the local governor's tax collecting regime. Under the carpet trading you might say! Well he is a pirate, legitimate trading would be a strange idea.
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 26, 2012 6:19:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Art gallery/museum Shack. While the entrance fee may be small, you may lose the will to live, after the wily owner guides you round with the fantastic tales of how each art work was acquired by his own remarkable adventures. That such apparent priceless art works (junk from his pirate life no one would buy from him, even for the price of a mug of rum) may strike the more thoughtful art lover as curious. The one about taking the fiddle from the devil himself, is clearly too far fetched!
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 26, 2012 7:03:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Washerwoman Shack. Need yer rags and clothes, banners, washed? Here is where ye can go. This pirate is reduced to taking in washing, no longer having the constitution for a seafaring pillaging life, besides she suffered from seasickness every trip wind or calm. With tubs of variously clean water, bag of washing soap powder, (stone washing extra) with mangles to squeeze out the bulk of the water before hanging up to dry. A dresser to store (fling) your washing into until, or if ye survive ye latest voyage, and come for it. The old bed doubles as an ironing board, the iron (heavily flat one side dented cannon ball actually) heated on the stove nearby. Not entirely sure those colours have not run, I suggest not letting her do ye finest attire!

Rum store Shack. The owner is insistent he has no drink problem! He is just storing it for a friend. Only occasionally, well regularly, he has to test each barrel to make sure none of it has gone off. He is confident all due excise duty has been paid. Only due to theft concerns on an island full of pillaging pirates, he prefers the location, and his name not to be mentioned.

(Should never have given the extra day, it has been raining.) :)
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 26, 2012 8:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

mmk....another :)

This is a secret imperial outpost. This is were all of the gov`nahs of the IO's go to strategize how to take over the ocean. Fit with rations, weapons, PoE, and areas to strategize, this is the perfect place for all of the emperors minions to achieve his Majesty's results.
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 26, 2012 6:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skammer

Shadow Empire will attend
Plu , Prince of Shadows ,

Johanson says, "he is on the Johanson retirement plan... He reserves the right to log on but refuses to play unless played with first"

Avvie By.
Invy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Skammer at Apr 26, 2012 8:06:57 PM]
[Apr 26, 2012 8:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

The House of Tranquility. Because let's face it, pirates need bathrooms.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Apr 26, 2012 9:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Just 10 hours left to enter my Shack Design Competition!

Also Tommyr's Single Sloop event begins in 6 hours at 8pm game time, we hope to have a good showing of people competing.
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 27, 2012 2:02:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wildsau

One question concerning the egg-event: does just the quantity of eggs count or will you count the number of different eggs? Just asking because then I would mayyybe be tempted to place all my new double eggs =o.
Merla on Sage
Merla/Marla on Opal

Pirate hamster by Sharkiez!
[Apr 27, 2012 2:50:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Having a large number of different eggs is very cool (and we may throw in a side prize for the largest selection)

However our judging will be based strictly on the total number of eggs, including duplicates.
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lightmaster7 at Apr 27, 2012 3:14:16 PM]
[Apr 27, 2012 3:10:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Commandoz8

Can you lend me a sloop for the event tonight? i want to join XD sounds like fun
[Apr 27, 2012 3:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

We would be happy to, I will try to catch you in-game in a min. What is your pirate name?
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 27, 2012 3:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
carlosd

where do I sign up? I would like to join. I am Durania from the crew Lady's Marauders from the flag The Forgotten Squadron
[Apr 27, 2012 4:27:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

In this topic is perfect, we mainly asked flags to sign up so we could get an idea of the level of attendance and to make prize delivery easier.

We look forward to seeing you there, good luck! :)
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Apr 27, 2012 4:53:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JamesStGeorg

Frigidarium Shack. For those still maintaining the Roman high life, on a reduced scale. A pleasant retreat from the tropical island life.

(impossible to make though in PP, bit of a cheat)
Jstgeorge of Emerald.
[Apr 27, 2012 5:57:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

I am pretty sure almost EVERY single one of these shacks is impossible to make, except one or two of mine...(and i think 1-2 of yours james)
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by NotJaret at Apr 27, 2012 6:29:34 PM]
[Apr 27, 2012 6:28:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

No worries, some of the most fun items in Yohoho Tools are the non-purchasable items! I'm looking for creativity above all else.

Speaking of which you have about 6 hours left to enter the shack design competition, and the single sloop event begins in 1 hour.
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lightmaster7 at Apr 27, 2012 6:45:46 PM]
[Apr 27, 2012 6:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Commandoz8

Name of crew is Nothing Personal and i will be running the sloop for our crew :D
[Apr 27, 2012 6:47:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

fine.. sign me up hun...
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Apr 27, 2012 7:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Weeeeee.....Cade you say? Looks like your island won't be given away without a fight!

I may or may not be entering the event cade 0.o
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by NotJaret at Apr 27, 2012 7:25:23 PM]
[Apr 27, 2012 7:11:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Last one... a gambling room :)

Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 27, 2012 8:54:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lightmaster7

Congrats to No Quarter Given for winning Tommyr's Single Sloop event blockade!

The shack design contest closes in 2 hours so if you're still planning to enter a design or more, do so soon! Edit: Now closed and into judging.

We have still had no entries for the Rabbit Names contest, it's a pretty easy contest to win, give it a go, you may just win!
Sxygrl on Sage Emerald.
SO of The BootLeggers
Current Queen of The End

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lightmaster7 at Apr 28, 2012 1:48:45 AM]
[Apr 27, 2012 9:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates