• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 64
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5537 times and has 63 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Re: The Legend of KORRRRRAAA Reply to this Post

Ozai is still alive and kicking because he's a life-bender :O

or because his extreme bending power drastically improved his health O:

orrrrrrrr I dunno. I still think it's very directly tied to Ozai.
----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 19, 2012 4:11:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Goatsy makes me giggle

Zuko might have had a son who is a non-bender that learned of his grandfather's demise by the previous Avatar and wants to redeem him? Crazy theory.

Another crazy - Bumi, Aang's second and eldest son, is also a non-bender and very well may still be alive. Tenzin is only 50, so there can't be too large of an age gap that would make Bumi cripplingly old and inept to run a sekrit organization.

(/white)
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 19, 2012 9:12:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Yeah, I think the bad guy is Ozai himself, since his bending was removed by Ang. That's the easy and obvious conclusion anyway.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Apr 19, 2012 6:35:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Yeah, I think the bad guy is Ozai himself, since his bending was removed by Ang. That's the easy and obvious conclusion anyway.
He'd be super old and too crippled to run a secret conspiring organization isn't he?
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 19, 2012 7:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I like Amnesty's theory. Good guys being the bad guys is always fun.
[Apr 19, 2012 8:33:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

He'd be super old and too crippled to run a secret conspiring organization isn't he?

Maybe, although I don't see why he'd be crippled necessarily. Ang just sucked his bending out, didn't actually hurt him.

Could be his son too. Anyway, I don't see how you end Book 3 with the main badguy getting his bending sucked away, and start Book 4 (or whatever) with the new main badguy leading an anti-bending movement, and those two not be related.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Apr 20, 2012 5:38:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

He would be well over 110 if he was still alive.
Captainrich
[Apr 20, 2012 1:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Maybe, although I don't see why he'd be crippled necessarily. Ang just sucked his bending out, didn't actually hurt him.

Could be his son too. Anyway, I don't see how you end Book 3 with the main badguy getting his bending sucked away, and start Book 4 (or whatever) with the new main badguy leading an anti-bending movement, and those two not be related.
Yeah, wouldn't make too much sense it Ozai didn't have something to do with the Anti-Bending Movement, but then again, my Bumi theory imo is still pretty solid.

He would be well over 110 if he was still alive.
That could make sense theoretically. King Bumi was 112 after Aang arose from the iceberg and even then he was still an extremely powerful bender/fighter.

edit: NEW EPISODE IN T-MINUS 11 HOURS
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by _Amnesty_ at Apr 20, 2012 8:48:33 PM]
[Apr 20, 2012 8:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Well, today's episode pretty well shot that out of the water.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Apr 21, 2012 11:27:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Yeah... I wonder how Amon has the power to take bending away... "the spirits"?
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by _Amnesty_ at Apr 21, 2012 3:43:17 PM]
[Apr 21, 2012 3:12:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Yeah... I wonder how Amon has the power to take bending away... "the spirits"?

Aangs child? Haven't seen the episode yet.
Captainrich
[Apr 21, 2012 3:19:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Aangs child? Haven't seen the episode yet.
I don't think so. He only had 3 children, two of which are sons; 1 who is a non-bender (Bumi, but come on, he's Aang and Katara's child - he couldn't possibly have an evil bone in his body) and the other who is an airbender (Tenzin). (white, spoiler) Amon's backstory said a firebender mugged and killed his parents, so it doesn't really fit.(/white)
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 21, 2012 3:32:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I mean, it's pretty obvious he was leaving details out, but I'm thinking Amon is just a totally new character, rather than being related to any of the old ones. My guess is that when he was burnt he went to the spirit world for a bit and met Ozai or some spirit who doesn't like Aang (the crazy face monster thing for instance?) and it gave him some powers. I also thought the visuals for sealing off a bender's ability were underwhelming. No flashy lights or big movements; just wham, bam, done, who's next?
[Apr 21, 2012 3:37:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Maybe he met a giant lionturtle.
And yeah, when he performed his new ability on his first victim, I thought it would be like when Aang took Ozai's bending away. It wasn't shit compared to that... :(
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 21, 2012 3:45:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Hypocritical that the guy is a bender leading a anti-bender organization. I do not get how he can energy bend however, seeing as you need to be pure of heart to do it. I guess you could be pure evil instead of pure good like Aang.
Captainrich
[Apr 21, 2012 3:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, and I haven't read the latest white bits, but I wouldn't expect Amon to be able to do what Aang did. The lionturtle was very clear that Aang would be destroyed if his spirit weren't perfectly pure and resolute in the moment of bending another's spirit.

I'm guessing Amon's technique is more like what Tai Li (spelling?) did in The Last Airbender - poke a few places to temporarily disrupt energy flow through the body and stop bending.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 21, 2012 8:59:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

That seems more reasonable. Some form of permanent damage to the energy flow. Would explain the lack of flashiness too I guess.

I'm wondering whether Amon is going to be the overarching bad guy for the entire run of Legend of Korra or just this chapter.
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Apr 21, 2012 9:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

I haven't seen the latest episode yet, and I haven't read the latest white bits, but I wouldn't expect Amon to be able to do what Aang did. The lionturtle was very clear that Aang would be destroyed if his spirit weren't perfectly pure and resolute in the moment of bending another's spirit.

I'm guessing Amon's technique is more like what Tai Li (spelling?) did in The Last Airbender - poke a few places to temporarily disrupt energy flow through the body and stop bending.

Watch the episode. Amon is for real, and his minions are like badass technoninjas who do the temporary thingy. Now how he can do the Aang thing is still up in the air, of course the good guys don't buy it. But he claims to have spoken to some spirit world monster who gave him the power, kinda like what happened to Aang.

The really neat part about how the plot's developing, is that the "bad guys" have a point. There's a lot of potential for some very real ethical quandaries in how it plays out.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Chavez67 at Apr 22, 2012 1:03:21 PM]
[Apr 21, 2012 10:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Will be interesting to see where they go with this. We are all speculating a lot for a young adult/child story so that is probably a good sign for them on the overall success of Avatar.
Captainrich
[Apr 22, 2012 7:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Apr 26, 2012 9:16:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Aang grows a nasty goat beard and it looks really stupid. They just ruined the entire series.
[Apr 28, 2012 9:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Aang grows a nasty goat beard and it looks really stupid. They just ruined the entire series.

qtf... :(

Man, today's episode could have been a lot better in my opinion. BUT DAMN, FLASHBACK OF THE GAANG MADE ME GIDDY
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 28, 2012 4:40:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Totally lame episode.
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[May 6, 2012 2:18:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Totally lame episode.

Yeah, it was lame but it was drawn so greatly it almost made me cry when Bolin showed up with flowers after Korra went all 'KISS ME YOU FOOL' on Mako.
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[May 6, 2012 4:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Metal bending = Spiderman!

Edit: Also, I feel like the show has really improved. I think they just didn't put a lot of money into the pilot episode.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by barrelmonkey at May 13, 2012 9:54:27 PM]
[May 13, 2012 9:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

I'd have to agree, I wasn't as disappointed this week as I was last week.

Am I the only one waiting anxiously for her to go into the Avatar State? During the raid on the Pro-Bending Arena I was saying "AVATAR. STATE. EYES, GLOW. GO!"
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[May 14, 2012 5:44:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Anyone else get the whole communist comparison they are making? Or am I the only one who feels that.
Captainrich
[May 14, 2012 10:48:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Anyone still following?
Captainrich
[Jun 25, 2012 7:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

Anyone still following?

Yes.

I cried like a little bitch at the finale.
Fucking Glow. Awesome. Ugh.
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Jun 26, 2012 1:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Anyone still following?

Yes.

I cried like a little bitch at the finale.
Fucking Glow. Awesome. Ugh.

It was a very good finale. But it seemed like the final for the series, not a season. Just considering that since there will be a second season.
Captainrich
[Jun 26, 2012 5:52:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 64   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates