• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9555 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
Quitex

Re: A rant from IV Reply to this Post

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the OP, but I would like to add that their customer service has become BARNACLE.

I know 3 people, myself included, who have sent notes to support to address an issue. For me, it's been 2 months with NO reply. Other mates have been waiting over 3 months. I have verified that the note was received, per an OM.

Now I realize their staff has been cut, but still, I don't find this the least bit acceptable. If you can't answer my question, then tell me. If you need more time, then tell me. Communicate, dammit! /end rant

/me jumps off her soapbox before her blood pressure goes any higher.

IV(whose graype has turned red due to anger issues)

edited for grammar error

This post is a fail and a win, at the same time.

*gives IV some fluffy cupcakes*
----------------------------------------
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 16, 2012 12:59:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

IV wrote: 
I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the OP, but I would like to add that their customer service has become BARNACLE.

I know 3 people, myself included, who have sent notes to support to address an issue. For me, it's been 2 months with NO reply. Other mates have been waiting over 3 months. I have verified that the note was received, per an OM.

the only way i have been able to get support responses in the past was to threaten to cancel pending charges through the credit card company and/or paypal. that got me service pretty quick.

if you don't have any pending charges within the 30-45 day dispute window that you can use as leverage you might be SOL.

IV wrote: 
Now I realize their staff has been cut,

interesting. any official sources? i've heard rumors but nothing official yet.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karnisov at Apr 16, 2012 6:43:58 PM]
[Apr 16, 2012 6:40:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

IV wrote: 
Now I realize their staff has been cut,

interesting. any official sources? i've heard rumors but nothing official yet.

Don't want anyone getting their bloomers in a wad, that was a poor choice of words on my part. Let me rephrase:

I realize that the staff of PP is much smaller now because many have been "shanghaied" for use in other games or other capacities.

edit: Almost forgot to reply to the rest of what you said, Karnisov. I don't believe in threatening and/or blackmailing a company into perfoming their job. There is no dispute, I was asking for a clarification of something in the Terms of Service.
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by IVdripper at Apr 16, 2012 7:58:11 PM]
[Apr 16, 2012 7:53:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I was asking for a clarification of something in the Terms of Service.

Well, when you ask for something like this, you're likely going to have to wait for the one Ocean Master that can really make a call on such an issue. Depending on the nature of the question, it might take some serious consideration.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 16, 2012 8:21:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

IV wrote: 
Almost forgot to reply to the rest of what you said, Karnisov. I don't believe in threatening and/or blackmailing a company into perfoming their job. There is no dispute, I was asking for a clarification of something in the Terms of Service.

ahh. i was under the impression from your initial post that you had a valid reason to be upset over support not getting back to you. if all you wanted was TOS clarification then you can't really hold it against OOO, they have more important issues to deal with.
Karnisov
[Apr 16, 2012 8:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

IV wrote: 
Almost forgot to reply to the rest of what you said, Karnisov. I don't believe in threatening and/or blackmailing a company into perfoming their job. There is no dispute, I was asking for a clarification of something in the Terms of Service.

ahh. i was under the impression from your initial post that you had a valid reason to be upset over support not getting back to you. if all you wanted was TOS clarification then you can't really hold it against OOO, they have more important issues to deal with.

It was a little more complicated than that, and a timely matter, I just didn't care to air it here. But no matter how unimportant, to go 3 months with no communication? Unaccpetable. Send me a note, tell me you are looking into it, but it's a low priority right now and please be patient. That's good customer service, but to be completely ignored? Unaccpetable.

And just as a reference, when Artemis was in charge of support, I usually had an answer within 24 hours (except weekends) or at the longest 72 hours, no matter how unimportant the request was.
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Apr 16, 2012 9:24:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I realize that the staff of PP is much smaller now because many have been "shanghaied" for use in other games or other capacities.

I try not to bug the OMs/GMs much, so my sample size is small, but the last two times I've talked to one, they both said that they work both YPP and Spiral Knights some of the time. I suspect that it depends on the OM, and that the OMs that support languages other than English almost always are covering more than one OOO game, while others may not split their time much less or not at all.

So, I take the "shanghaied" designation with a grain of salt, it may well mean that they are primarily on other games, but not exclusively.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Apr 17, 2012 6:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I was really mad at support last time I talked to them because they took like a month with no response but then when I emailed them to tart and moan about it I discovered that it had just gone to spam. Apparently Three Rings support emails look a lot like spam to gmail.
[Apr 17, 2012 7:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I have to say, I agree with IV. Service has definitely gone downhill since the end of last year. :(

Edit-
There are a lot of new players on the oceans these days, though. Maybe the demand for support is becoming too high for the staff to cope with?
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Apr 19, 2012 8:00:14 PM]
[Apr 19, 2012 7:39:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lesley

Quote IV - And just as a reference, when Artemis was in charge of support, I usually had an answer within 24 hours (except weekends) or at the longest 72 hours, no matter how unimportant the request was. - Unquote IV

IV, you really need to stop harking back to the 'Good Old Days' I was there on a new dock and so were Cleaver and Nemo. We didn't have a forum nor an e-mail system for complaints, we had no complaints. I loved my chats with Cleaver and Nemo and I was good friends with Liz but I have realised that after 10 years things change.

I would love PP to be what it was when I first joined, yes buried poe and 24 hour Blockades, but it is not. I dont like all the changes but for you IV to name drop and why you needed so many clarifications of the rules, I have no idea. Except that you thought you were above them :)
[Apr 20, 2012 6:01:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

I would love to play on a small little server with buried poe, 24 hour blockades and all those simple little pleasures. Doesn't really work with such a large playerbase, but just a little bitty ocean would be a lot of fun. If the game ever does die, I hope someone manages to create a private server with an old version of the client so that we can play it old-school.

Edit: Actually, what I'd really like to see is buried poe, no blockade pay, and no stalls. (although I realize stalls were introduced at the same time as stalls, so that would require some programming witchcraft). A nice small population where you recognize most of the other players, at least you think you've seen their name somewhere before, and a subscription or authentication of some sort required so that you don't log in with 50 bots on blockade day to dominate the board.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by barrelmonkey at Apr 20, 2012 12:23:58 PM]
[Apr 20, 2012 12:14:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bilgeratha

I agree things are getting a little to hetic
have a nice day or night depanding on when you read this...zzzz...
[Apr 20, 2012 2:50:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

They've actually released the Doctor Who game now, so hopefully a bit more of their focus can be back over here.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Apr 22, 2012 4:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

I ponder about the New Oceanmasters that basically have as much skill at copying and pasting generic quotes reused thousands of times for petition responses. The ingame support is bloody useless, I don't know how OOO havn't done anything about the support, After complaints since (basically Galene got hired) recent new OMs were hired.

And OOO has no voice on such matters. They would never reply to this thread, because they have no clue on how to run Public Relations. OOO basically tell you "We have your money we don't give a crap".
[Apr 22, 2012 6:01:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I ponder about the New Oceanmasters that basically have as much skill at copying and pasting generic quotes reused thousands of times for petition responses. The ingame support is bloody useless, I don't know how OOO havn't done anything about the support, After complaints since (basically Galene got hired) recent new OMs were hired.

And OOO has no voice on such matters. They would never reply to this thread, because they have no clue on how to run Public Relations. OOO basically tell you "We have your money we don't give a crap".

I can't blame them for giving half assed replies. As many stupid petitions as they get. It would be nice if we would just let them reply to stupid petitions with LOOK ON THE NOTICE BOARD MORON.
Captainrich
[Apr 22, 2012 8:00:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

Just put simple this game will probably be dead in a year
kjdk - Cereal Ocean, Coblat Side
Empty Planet
~Making rude posts daily is specialty
[Apr 22, 2012 2:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I said that four years ago.
Captainrich
[Apr 22, 2012 8:31:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Try getting similar in-game customer support in a non-subscription MM and then complain about Three Rings' customer support. Its budget has certainly decreased, and I imagine that's at least partially due to input from Sega, but it's still pretty impressive.
[Apr 23, 2012 12:41:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Hey, if people keep saying it, eventually they'll be right :P
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 23, 2012 1:37:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Try getting similar in-game customer support in a non-subscription MM and then complain about Three Rings' customer support. Its budget has certainly decreased, and I imagine that's at least partially due to input from Sega, but it's still pretty impressive.

You should have seen the support email I got from Blizzard once about a problem I was having in WoW. They spelled my name wrong. Two different ways. My REAL name. And that's without going into the multiple other grammatical and spelling errors in the email, which was about a very simple topic - pet naming.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Apr 23, 2012 9:08:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

Hey, if people keep saying it, eventually they'll be right :P

Its only been getting worse every year =P
Empty Planet
[Apr 24, 2012 6:47:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Well, I'm looking at an activity increase on Meridian and Emerald from March to April. I know that's a small sample, but still shows some improvement even if it's temporary.
[Apr 25, 2012 4:59:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

Well, I'm looking at an activity increase on Meridian and Emerald from March to April. I know that's a small sample, but still shows some improvement even if it's temporary.

Hey Steven we have a activity increase now me and Freak have bounty's on our heads that should get the ocean moving, Haha put bounty's on pirates that don't sail been laughing the whole time trolling the forums,

Any who back to the topic lol the pop. always bounces around give it a couple weeks when every one is out of school it will come back up again.
Empty Planet
[Apr 25, 2012 7:53:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

Hey Steven we have a activity increase now me and Freak have bounty's on our heads that should get the ocean moving, Haha put bounty's on pirates that don't sail been laughing the whole time trolling the forums,

Any who back to the topic lol the pop. always bounces around give it a couple weeks when every one is out of school it will come back up again.

I'm not sure you understand the bounty, they don't have to pvp you, they just have to make you nerd rage.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Apr 26, 2012 4:52:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

BobJanova wrote: 
They've actually released the Doctor Who game now, so hopefully a bit more of their focus can be back over here.

Ahh Bob, ever the optimist.
Karnisov
[Apr 26, 2012 8:34:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

You really do have to compare the population to what it was at last year, because if you look at the annual you can see that it fluctuates a lot (and relatively consistently) based on the time of the year. Meridian has seen a clear increase over Viridian this time last year, and Emerald is way higher now than Sage or Hunter were individually, but the overall really has dropped some.

Still, the game's a lot bigger than it was 8 years ago when I started, so I'm not getting my panties in a knot over it. If the game shrinks to a more manageable population I certainly won't be the first person to complain.
[Apr 26, 2012 12:28:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

BobJanova wrote: 

Ahh Bob, ever the optimist.

Looks more like a realist to me.
[Apr 26, 2012 5:13:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Never doubt Bob.
Captainrich
[Apr 26, 2012 8:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Bob is almighty.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Apr 26, 2012 11:29:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates