• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9568 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
Caribastos4

Letter from OOO Reply to this Post

Dear Customers,

We're writing to inform you that we've entirely given up on retaining new players, thereby ensuring that the player base goes nowhere but down. By now you've probably noticed that we've ceased basically all efforts at marketing Y!PP to the online gaming community. And with our latest release, we've created a nearly insurmountable barrier to entry into Y!PP by doubling dub prices.

We'd also like to tell you that in an effort to squeeze every last penny that we can out of Y!PP before it dies, we'll be departing from the "Piracy" theme. As you're probably aware, unicorns and dragons have about as much to do with Piracy as spaceships and laser cannons. Which brings us to our next release: a spaceship with a laser cannon, which cannot be shot and maxes any and all opposing ships with a single shot. You will be able to purchase said ship for 400 dubs.

Sincerely,

OOO

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been, employed by OOO. This post was not written by, nor can I prove that it represents the views of, any specific person employed by OOO. Do not eat this post. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after drinking this post. Seek medical attention if it takes you longer than 6 hours to read this post.
----------------------------------------
Jdilla on Emerald and Meridian.

Stroma says, "i hate you"
[Apr 12, 2012 1:27:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Platypus3

Re: Letter from OOO Reply to this Post

baha
[Apr 12, 2012 1:29:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Oh look, an idiot.

An attempt at satire should be funny, at least.
[Apr 12, 2012 1:31:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

I'm on a sub ocean, how do I get this space ship?

Also judging from the fact I've seen 3? posts by a developer in the past week I'd say sega may be pushing OOO's to make his game more profitable and I wouldn't be surprised either way if they did do a bit more advertising.

just my opinion.

and If all they released wa spiracy themed things then they'd soo run out

granted I hate the new hairstyles for men, and hate pets in general and a unicorn makes me wnat to facepalm the dragon fam is alright imo though. kinda cool.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Apr 12, 2012 1:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Accusations of idiocy are overstated; there are degrees of truth in what was stated, even if not presented correctly (or factually). Accusations of poor satire, though, pretty spot on.
[Apr 12, 2012 2:12:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PhoenyxStar

Amusingly I saw an ad for YPP on the wiki of another game this week. I don't think they've stopped advertising at all.
~ Phoenix or Danae

Depends on the colour of your ocean really.
[Apr 12, 2012 2:28:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Amusingly I saw an ad for YPP on the wiki of another game this week. I don't think they've stopped advertising at all.

This
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 12, 2012 3:12:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devinski

Just because you don't think it's funny or don't agree doesn't mean you should resort to name calling.
Alcar on Cerulean
Captain of Young and the Reckless
Alcy baby
[Apr 12, 2012 4:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

we'll be departing from the "Piracy" theme. As you're probably aware, unicorns and dragons have about as much to do with Piracy as spaceships and laser cannons.

I've always been confused as to why people point to the dragons and unicorns as the big "this isn't piraty at all" thing. Puzzle Pirates, from the beginning, has stood by making their own definition of pirate. You could claim they departed from the Piracy theme when they said there'd be no guns, or a million other things that aren't spot-on with some other person's definition of pirate mythos. Ghosts, skeleton monkies, octopi that can sit on your shoulder, etc.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 12, 2012 5:06:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

It is a business in which they are trying to make money. And srsly I am part of the group that has been saying the game has been dying since poker/Atlantis came out and I think three years ago I said the game would be dead in a year. To my amazement, it is still going so I wouldn't be coming out and saying this is it.

Just because you don't think it's funny or don't agree doesn't mean you should resort to name calling.

Pfft who says I shouldn't call names. If your telling me what I can and cannot say, your a communist.

Captainrich
[Apr 12, 2012 5:12:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

octopi that can sit on your shoulder, etc.

you wonder how they stay there too right? (I think its an arm wrap technique)
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Apr 12, 2012 5:12:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

This

Since when do they do that 7 years of playing never seen 1 advertisement for Ypp
kjdk - Cereal Ocean, Coblat Side
Empty Planet
~Making rude posts daily is specialty
[Apr 12, 2012 5:21:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devinski

No, really though, it's not nice.
Alcar on Cerulean
Captain of Young and the Reckless
Alcy baby
[Apr 12, 2012 5:22:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I've always been confused as to why people point to the dragons and unicorns as the big "this isn't piraty at all" thing.

I sort of gave up after vampires and werewolves. It's a fairy-tale pirate band that we are, after all, cuddly and whatnot-- totally unlike the guys in Somalia, or essentially any other real-life pirate through the ages. But nonetheless, it's obvious that there are a few things that can't be explained any other way than OOO doing some stuff simply to crassly cash in on fads, at the cost of artistic integrity, or even good taste. I mean, how else to you explain Bieber Hair?
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 12, 2012 5:38:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

Chiptharip wrote: 
Accusations of idiocy are overstated; there are degrees of truth in what was stated, even if not presented correctly (or factually). Accusations of poor satire, though, pretty spot on.

i thought it was pretty amusing.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Apr 12, 2012 6:29:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

This

Since when do they do that 7 years of playing never seen 1 advertisement for Ypp

Then apparently you aren't looking at all. Check steam.
Captainrich
[Apr 12, 2012 9:12:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I have a piggy bank with an eyepatch. How is the new release not piratey?! :P
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Apr 12, 2012 9:50:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kjdk

This

Never seen one there either. and if they do advertise there, Ohhhh boy one web site big spenders there man

Me to
kjdk - Cereal Ocean, Coblat Side
Empty Planet
~Making rude posts daily is specialty
[Apr 14, 2012 10:13:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

This

Never seen one there either. and if they do advertise there, Ohhhh boy one web site big spenders there man

Me to

Check Minclip? A lot of people will tell you that is how they got their start.
Captainrich
[Apr 14, 2012 3:20:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

Wikia is some expensive advertising. You should reserve your sardonic tone for something you actually have knowledge about.
[Apr 14, 2012 3:30:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

This is true. Miniclip... Good times...
Sincerely
[Apr 14, 2012 4:07:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

So I just checked,

Steam almost instantly advertised Spiral Knights and Y!PP to me, Miniclip and other websites aswell, just because OOO doesn't have the resources to advertise on major websites, doesn't mean they're not "trying" to get new players.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Apr 14, 2012 4:11:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lordchicken9

I remember seeing PP on miniclip XD I was like da hell is this, and never looked at it ever again until my friend said he played it and wanted me to play too. Club Penguin somehow managed to get me from miniclip though xD probobly because they were #1 on their 1-10 scale thing for the longest time, I was thinking WOAH, did they paid for it or something Dx
Chickenlord on Emerald

Helen Keller once said: The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
How would she know XD?

Captinary did the avatar :o with my recommandations on the
[Apr 14, 2012 5:18:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

We'd also like to tell you that in an effort to squeeze every last penny that we can out of Y!PP before it dies, we'll be departing from the "Piracy" theme. As you're probably aware, unicorns and dragons have about as much to do with Piracy as spaceships and laser cannons

>.>

<.<
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Apr 15, 2012 3:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

I'll have you know I got here from newgrounds

I've not seen pp advertised on there in a while,m but advertisments are way down the bottom these days.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Apr 15, 2012 5:59:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chrustschov

I really enjoin this new SMH about the Brynhild theme in Icy Lands, where rumours about Dragons and other unknown species live. Rich treasure of gold and other stuff are there. I used to be an adventurer over there, but then i took an arrow in the knee.....
[Apr 15, 2012 11:23:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

octopi that can sit on your shoulder, etc.

you wonder how they stay there too right? (I think its an arm wrap technique)
Suction cups?
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Apr 15, 2012 11:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

^ oh right.
Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Apr 15, 2012 4:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

I really enjoin this new SMH about the Brynhild theme in Icy Lands, where rumours about Dragons and other unknown species live. Rich treasure of gold and other stuff are there. I used to be an adventurer over there, but then i took an arrow in the knee.....

Bahahahahahahahahaha
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Apr 16, 2012 4:56:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

A rant from IV Reply to this Post

I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the OP, but I would like to add that their customer service has become BARNACLE.

I know 3 people, myself included, who have sent notes to support to address an issue. For me, it's been 2 months with NO reply. Other mates have been waiting over 3 months. I have verified that the note was received, per an OM.

Now I realize their staff has been cut, but still, I don't find this the least bit acceptable. If you can't answer my question, then tell me. If you need more time, then tell me. Communicate, dammit! /end rant

/me jumps off her soapbox before her blood pressure goes any higher.

IV(whose graype has turned red due to anger issues)

edited for grammar error
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by IVdripper at Apr 16, 2012 12:53:06 PM]
[Apr 16, 2012 12:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates