• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 57
Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7383 times and has 56 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

{Results!}Puzzle Pirates Quiz I -- Win a Sloop!-- {Deadline April 20, 2012} Reply to this Post

Do you think you know everything there is to know about Puzzle Pirates?
You don't? Oh >.>

Well, do you think you have the skills to find the answers to any questions you may not know off the top of your head?
You do? Awesome!

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to answer a brief 15 question quiz. Do well and receive prizes!

What are the prizes you might ask? Well you'd be wise to wait and see what the prizes are before committing to such a time-consuming event (just kidding, it's really quick).
Get all the questions right: Be entered into a random draw to win one of 6 sloops.
These sloops will be available for delivery to the winners on their choice of Cerulean, Meridian or Emerald Oceans so all are welcome to give it a shot!

There will be no partial credit for partial answers.

Deadline to complete is April 20, 2012.

Now, the crucial final detail, the link to the survey:
http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LMKMFJ_6d4676ee

I'd like to ask that you don't discuss the questions in the quiz so everyone is on a level playing field when taking the quiz! Thanks and good luck!
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Stephensam at Apr 21, 2012 9:22:35 AM]
[Apr 12, 2012 2:30:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Re: Puzzle Pirates Quiz I -- Win a Sloop!-- {Deadline April 20, 2012} Reply to this Post

Reserved for Questions and Answers about the event.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 12, 2012 2:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Re: Puzzle Pirates Quiz I -- Win a Sloop!-- {Deadline April 20, 2012} Reply to this Post

I gave it a try not sure if I knew everything but .... ty for the event
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Apr 12, 2012 5:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Cute idea Steven! Some questions I expected, some surprised me!
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Apr 12, 2012 6:21:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Thanks for that quiz, i liked it. And that it is "PPQ I" makes me hope that there are more to come.
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 12, 2012 6:40:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Thanks for that quiz, i liked it. And that it is "PPQ I" makes me hope that there are more to come.

Yes, my hope is to make more, provided everything goes smoothly with this one :D
[Apr 12, 2012 7:23:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Woohoo! Finished the quiz...only one I couldn't find the answer for...had to take a guess on that one. Hope I got lucky!

Nice event Steve. :)
Greylady, Meridian & Emerald, Greyladyy on Cerulean

"In a courtroom, it is not the loudest voice that prevails...it's the Constitution." WA AG
[Apr 12, 2012 11:44:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Franklincain

Of all the questions, numbers 3 and 13 took me the longest time to answer. Fortunately, my Google-Fu was up to the challenge... ;-)

For the convenience of my competitors, I recommend that you copy (write down) the questions, research and record your answers, and _then_ post your answers onto the survey.

Thank you for an entertaining contest! :-)
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)
[Apr 12, 2012 12:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

After looking over the answers thusfar, perhaps I should be a bit clearer:
  • For this event you can take your time and look up answers.
  • It's better to give an educated (or researched guess) than leaving a question blank.
  • [Apr 15, 2012 3:14:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    Bolognese5

Thanks for hosting, Steve. Was fun. :)
    Bolognese on Meridian
    [Apr 15, 2012 7:13:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Acede7

Any perfect scores so far? And, let's say that there are exactly 6 perfect scores at the end, do they all win a Sloop? What if there is less than 6 perfect scores? Thanks! :)
    [Apr 16, 2012 2:18:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stephensam

Any perfect scores so far? And, let's say that there are exactly 6 perfect scores at the end, do they all win a Sloop? What if there is less than 6 perfect scores? Thanks! :)

There is at least one perfect score so far. If there are less than 6 perfect scores at the deadline, each of the perfect scores will win a sloop and the leftovers will be used for another quiz or two :P
    [Apr 16, 2012 4:29:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

You should build a test for new greeters.

hint hint.
    Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 
    Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 16, 2012 5:02:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

I don't think that a greeter has to be able to answer all this questions ;) Especially historical questions aren't needed knowledge to be a greeter. Though it could teach them to use Yppedia.

Will you post the solutions of the quiz when it has ended?

[Apr 17, 2012 12:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stephensam

I don't think that a greeter has to be able to answer all this questions ;) Especially historical questions aren't needed knowledge to be a greeter. Though it could teach them to use Yppedia.

Yes I will. I'll also discuss the common mistakes.
    [Apr 17, 2012 3:51:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    Rabiddiana

that was fun! :D

i worked harder on that quiz than i do in school :P
    [Apr 17, 2012 6:51:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tasteycup

Uh... I may have forgotten to put in my Ocean when submitting it. If I am one of the winners, send it over to Emerald. ;)

Most likely I got the first question wrong though... Did some extensive googling and looking at dates.

EDIT - Pirate name Blimpmeister.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by tasteycup at Apr 17, 2012 3:46:08 PM]
    [Apr 17, 2012 3:35:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

Emphasis mine.

Exactly.
    Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 
    Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 17, 2012 8:01:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stephensam

Beyond using the YPPedia, it also teaches how to find answers to questions that the YPPedia may not have an answer. What if you want to have a dispute with someone about some design/development issue with someone? Do you just make wild claims, or do you search for comments that Cleaver and the developer team have made in the past? Hopefully pirates taking this test (and the future ones) can become so good at finding answers that I couldn't publish a test that was unbeatable.

Edit: Speaking of publishing a "test that was unbeatable", well... I'm working on Puzzle Pirates Quiz III now and so far I think it's the hardest yet. Prepare yourselves!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Apr 18, 2012 12:08:34 AM]
    [Apr 17, 2012 8:08:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    ikketje

I hope my search-fu skills payed off. This was really lots of fun (especially since I learned some new things). Thx so much for this event !

Now on to the next tricky quiz ^_^ !
    Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
    Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
    [Apr 18, 2012 1:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

Yes I will. I'll also discuss the common mistakes.

Meh, that sounds as I made some :(

[Apr 18, 2012 1:40:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Invigorate5

Meh, couldn't get all of them - oh well =D
    Invigorate on Emerald.
    [Apr 18, 2012 2:12:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    RonenOsden

Some of the Qs were very tricky, but for the most part I knew the answers without having to search for them.

Guess having been around for WAY too long helped.
    Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
    Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
    [Apr 18, 2012 3:50:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
    Telamon0

Is it possible to have a trick question..? Just asking.
    Jonwoe on the Meridian Ocean
    [Apr 18, 2012 10:32:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

Yes, Question 1 is a trick question. You have to enter Locu, Cerulean or you have a mistake and are not eligible for the prizes any more :P

just kidding. ;) Do you refer to quiz 1 or future quizzes?

[Apr 18, 2012 10:35:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stephensam

There shouldn't be any trick questions on this quiz. I don't know about future quizzes though :P
    [Apr 18, 2012 11:44:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    pegasiswolf

There shouldn't be any trick questions on this quiz. I don't know about future quizzes though :P

actually... im not sure if the final question was a "trick question" or if the status has changed since u made the quiz... as there are TWO "active"(last login TODAY) on Emerald.... that are in that specific 'era' as noted by ypp....i noted that in my answer along with both names

((sorry if that was not clear.. i was trying to make my point without giving away the question....))

also... upon clicking to finish.. i was redirected to the kwiksurvey main page to login... rather than a "thank you... your survey has been submitted" type of response....

is there a way to verify that my answers were submitted and received??? (only 2 days til close.. a speedy reply would be appreciated.. in case i need to resubmit)
    Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
    [Apr 18, 2012 11:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
    ikketje

also... upon clicking to finish.. i was redirected to the kwiksurvey main page to login... rather than a "thank you... your survey has been submitted" type of response....

Same, and same again for Quiz II. I think we're fine, but yeah, maybe Steven should confirm the entries.
    Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
    [Apr 19, 2012 12:57:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Aeternis

Just try to do the quiz again. If it tells you that you can't do the survey again, you should be fine.

[Apr 19, 2012 1:01:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    ikketje

Just try to do the quiz again. If it tells you that you can't do the survey again, you should be fine.

Haha, I would never think of trying to cheat and do the test again, but yeah, that worked ^_^ Thx
    Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
    [Apr 19, 2012 1:26:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 57   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates