• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 893 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Setsusa

2012 NHL Playoffs Reply to this Post

So, playoffs kick off tonight with two series that I'm very excited for and one that I think will be boring and predictable.(Wings/Preds and Pens/Philly should be epic).

Originally, I was going to post my thoughts about each series, but then I decided that it doesn't really matter.

My picks for the first round are a follows:

Penguins in six
Predators in seven
Canucks in five
Rangers in six
Capitals in seven
St. Louis in five
Phoenix in seven
Devils in six
----------------------------------------
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
Teacher at SCHOOL OF DAQUAN.
[Apr 11, 2012 7:07:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Re: 2012 NHL Playoffs Reply to this Post

Go Devils!
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Apr 11, 2012 12:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

I really want to see the Predators do well this year. I am a fan of the Milwaukee Admirals, which is the AHL team that feeds into the Preds so I've seen a lot of those guys play. Got to meet Pekka Rinne once when he first started in Milwaukee. Really nice guy, even if he did make me feel like a midget. I don't think the top of my head even came up to his shoulder.

Either way, it should be a really exciting series. I hope I can find the time to watch some of the games, though at this time of the year it's not too likely.
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Velariel at Apr 11, 2012 2:07:09 PM]
[Apr 11, 2012 2:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Yeah, I'm a huge Datsyuk fan but I don't think the Wings will beat the Preds. St. Louis and the Preds are my 1-2 in the West, because Elliot/Halak have been insane and I think the Preds would beat Vancouver in a series this year.

I'm a Pittsburgh fan, but I'm not liking the massive amount of NHL experts picking the Penguins to win the Cup. I think we'll get past Philly but I also think it's going to be a rough series barring a Bryzgalov breakdown. Not sure how much gas the winner of the series will have left.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Apr 11, 2012 2:32:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I'm hoping that the Flyers get through, and the Sens and Caps, that way, the Devils have an easy run. xD
Ions

[Apr 11, 2012 5:54:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I like the amount of OT so far. DO NOT LIKE BLOWING 3-0 LEADS BECAUSE WE STOPPED PLAYING. :(
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Apr 13, 2012 9:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Wow Pens...
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 13, 2012 10:13:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Yup, Lavy has owned Bylsma all season. Aside from the last game of the season where Giroux sat and the teams had nothing to play for, that's five straight games where the Pens have led the Flyers 2-0 and lost the game. What's really annoying is that the way the Flyers played with their lead is how the Pens should be playing with theirs, but they just keep running and gunning and getting dismantled. I don't see them winning both in Philly, so pretty sure this series is decided.

Kings though, wow, nice.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Apr 14, 2012 4:13:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

Go Devils! (Again) It's nice seeing 3 goals by our 2nd and 4th lines.
Ions

[Apr 14, 2012 2:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Velariel

Pekka Rinne is a beast. 17 shots on goal for Nashville, was it 43 for Detroit, and the Preds win 3-1. Unbelievable. And awesome. Mostly awesome.

On a side note, did anyone else see that hit on Hossa last night? Either I don't know what a penalty is (which I will admit is a possibility, I'm still learning about the details of hockey), or the refs screwed that one up pretty darn badly. I tend to lean towards horrible refs since the guy who hit him's been suspended indefinitely, pending a meeting on Friday with the suits.
Tacita of Midnight.
Half blind, crippled, and Damned.
[Apr 18, 2012 12:50:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

The NHL has been retarded as far as disciplinary action goes. They "slapped" Weber with a $2.5k fine for essentially mugging Zetteberg in the corner of the rink at the end of a game whereas Backstrom got a 1-game suspension for hitting a guy (admittedly I think it was right after the final horn) because the Bruins had been targeting his head (he recently came off of a 4-month layoff due to a concussion) the entire game. They're really dropping the ball on these things.
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 18, 2012 12:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

The Torres hit is....ugh. It looked like he was going for a clean hit, but Hossa had his head down and Torres is tall enough to smash his face. Like, literally smash his face entirely. Looked dirty on the replay but I think Shanahan would have a hard time saying it was intentional. With Hossa being out of the hospital already and the major inconsistency the NHL has had thus far on suspensions, seriously, it's pathetic, Torres maybe gets four games?

Devils/Panthers series: l2holdleadpls.

Anyone seeing Pens/Canucks eliminated tonight? I swear, they're just doing it to make the World Championships interesting.

And, Rinne :( y u keep Datsyuk from winning.

Game 3 of Pens-Flyers was just.....an embarassment. Please, just knock the Pens out, they suck.

LA vs Blues round 2? Snoooooooore.

ETA: Backstrom's hit was worth a suspension, but so were some of the other hits in that game. Not even through the first round and there've been more suspensions than all of last year's playoffs and there should have been more suspensions than there have been. The officiating has been pretty bad, the players have been out of line and whether it's Shanahan, or his bosses, the disciplinary department has been an absolute joke.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Apr 18, 2012 12:59:31 PM]
[Apr 18, 2012 12:57:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Platypus3

I'd actually enjoy seeing a regularly underdog team in the finals this year. That or finals with Detroit.. They always seam to choke along with canucks
[Apr 18, 2012 1:00:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

All I can say about this series is WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN?

Forgot a super interesting stat: The Penguins and Flyers have combined for 46 goals so far. The other three ECQF series? 45.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Setsusa at Apr 19, 2012 7:52:00 AM]
[Apr 19, 2012 7:50:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NathanShawn

Well I wanted Ottawa out as soon as possible because I'm a Habs fan in Ottawa. Though I've been watching most of the games and I starting to think they might pull it off against the Rangers, even without Afredsson.

I'd also love to see the Canucks go farther since they played good last playoffs, but it's doubtful.

Game 3 of Pens-Flyers was just.....an embarassment. Please, just knock the Pens out, they suck.

I had thought the series would be a lot more equal and some good games but...
Nathanshawn:
Something of the crew Truth be Told.
Something else of the flag United we Stand.

~Hai ai r Nayfin, Ai ish a Polar Bear.~
[Apr 20, 2012 6:17:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Not sure what the deal is, but the whole defensive system has been really bad. And then Game 4.....wat.

Looking good in game 5 aside from Malkin taking stupid penalties.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Apr 20, 2012 6:22:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 25, 2012 7:27:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Platypus3

Game 7 Tonight between Ottawa & NY

7:00 EST (I think)

I say ottawa 3-2 final

2-0 lead in first and second before NY scores to tie it up then ottawa scoring late in third

Anyone want to bet otherwise? :D
[Apr 26, 2012 1:29:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Ottawa choked :/

GOOOO DEVILS!
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Apr 26, 2012 6:35:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I still am not sure if that actually happened, my heart rate still hasn't returned to normal.
Ions

[Apr 26, 2012 10:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Rangers are for real. Did NOT expect that.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Apr 29, 2012 5:46:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

I don't know why I posted this, but I love it.
Ions

[May 7, 2012 1:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates