• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8338 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Wannita

Injured on PP - looking for legal representation - check photo evidence Reply to this Post

So this morning I was going about my own business in Lima Inn when I was kicked by a Unicorn, Yes! A unicorn in the Lima Inn!

Luckily for me there's photographic evidence of this Unicorn right beside me, you can see the pained expression on my face, the pursed lips and vacant look due to shock and pain, as that clever unicorn kicked me under the cover of a table.

Luckily, even in my pain I managed to check who its owner is, so now I'm looking for someone to represent me in approaching said owner for adequate compensation.

Please reply with any suggestions, opinions and other stories or photographic evidence of similar incidents due to careless pet owners in Meridian or any other ocean.
----------------------------------------
Wannita,
Captain of the crew Ocean Warriors, on the Viridian Ocean
[Apr 10, 2012 1:29:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nezzu

Re: Injured on PP - looking for legal representation - check photo evidence Reply to this Post

Hey look, someone is selling a Grand Frig.
[Apr 10, 2012 3:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Re: Injured on PP - looking for legal representation - check photo evidence Reply to this Post

So this morning I was going about my own business in Lima Inn when I was kicked by a Unicorn, Yes! A unicorn in the Lima Inn!

Luckily for me there's photographic evidence of this Unicorn right beside me, you can see the pained expression on my face, the pursed lips and vacant look due to shock and pain, as that clever unicorn kicked me under the cover of a table.

Luckily, even in my pain I managed to check who its owner is, so now I'm looking for someone to represent me in approaching said owner for adequate compensation.

Please reply with any suggestions, opinions and other stories or photographic evidence of similar incidents due to careless pet owners in Meridian or any other ocean.

I like how it takes 80 cats to control a Unicorn.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[Apr 10, 2012 4:13:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amartino

Winehouse- pls get in touch with me ingame re yer Grand Frig TIA :)

oh, the sickening sweet pink unicorn? suggest u cut off it's horn, grind into powder and sell it in 3rd world country black markets as an aphrodisiac. He'll kick you no more...
Piecesoeight on Meridian

Don't waste your time
Or time will waste you

================
[Apr 10, 2012 7:14:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

I was also in the inn during said incident. Perhaps a class action lawsuit?

Alternatively, I can kick Eightycats in the shins for you to even the score. (he's currently in kicking range...)
[Apr 10, 2012 10:42:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I was also in the inn during said incident. Perhaps a class action lawsuit?

Alternatively, I can kick Eightycats in the shins for you to even the score. (he's currently in kicking range...)

The best question is, why is Eightycats an independent pirate in the Emerald Ocean?

Does he has eighty cats in-game?

He purrrs?
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Current governs Ice's Fort Royal
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Apr 10, 2012 12:51:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

How do we know Winehouse was really selling that Grand Frig? Chat logs can be manipulated. This is clearly slander.
[Apr 10, 2012 1:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

Eightycats has been known to have issues with animals in the past.

Eightycats says, "This sheep is staring at me"
Musicologist says, "Hmmm"
Eightycats says, "it is a tad unnerving"

Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian
Clotho tells ye, "I love your musical art, thank you for sharing!"

Avvy by the awesome Velternal!
[Apr 10, 2012 5:05:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Eightycats has been known to have issues with animals in the past.

Eightycats says, "This sheep is staring at me"
Musicologist says, "Hmmm"
Eightycats says, "it is a tad unnerving"

Tch! How can he have an issue with a sheep! Sheep are wonderful! That poor sheep was prolly staring because Eightycats had some chocolate in his pocket. Its a little known fact, but sheep are mad for chocolate. Oh, and toast. Can't forget the toast.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Apr 10, 2012 5:19:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

The sheep was named J.S Baa-ch nonetheless!

.e throws arms up!

[Apr 10, 2012 5:29:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NotJaret

Simple Solution: Ban Eightycats!
Jaret of Hunter Emerald
[Apr 10, 2012 6:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eightycats
Developer

:(
[Apr 11, 2012 11:32:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eightycats
Developer

Three Rings cannot be held accountable for Unicorn related injuries. I am pretty sure that is in the Terms of Service.
[Apr 11, 2012 11:34:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

That's goin' a bit too far mate.

Proper settlement would be ....Eightycats' participation in the "Make OM's Doodle- Doodle in the Spring Egguinox Daily Doodles.

- Community Service XD

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jongy5 at Apr 11, 2012 12:38:20 PM]
[Apr 11, 2012 12:38:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joandart

That's goin' a bit too far mate.

Proper settlement would be ....Eightycats' participation in the "Make OM's Doodle- Doodle in the Spring Egguinox Daily Doodles.

- Community Service XD

I heartily endorse this idea. It's the pink egg doodle, and everything!
Herowena of Cerulean
Still Sleeping With The Fishes

[Apr 11, 2012 2:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

Eightycats wrote: 
Three Rings cannot be held accountable for Unicorn related injuries. I am pretty sure that is in the Terms of Service.

I am going to go read them now, and you better have put that in there somewhere.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jezzebel at Apr 11, 2012 4:49:57 PM]
[Apr 11, 2012 4:49:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Starflight14

Why should you sit around and suffer the unjustice of unicorns? Here at blue's WE FIGHT FOR YOU! we can get you the rightful compensation you deserve!
Officerblue on the ocean of elites... COBALT

Now retired :/ BACK AGAIN!!!!
[Apr 11, 2012 5:39:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Eightycats wrote: 

What about cat-related injuries? Particularly swarms of...25 of them? (Not 80, since there's a per-scene limit. D:)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Apr 12, 2012 10:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Artof_Murder

It's past midnight on one of those sleepless nights, I come across a silly thread and, because of it, discover... something.

Gamebug(IO) of Emerald.
Captain, SO, FO and CP of The Conglomerate.

Castor tells ye, "I'd go get some sleep!"
"Yay for unexpected gifts in yer booty!" -Hera
[Apr 13, 2012 12:32:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pauling

In order to seek damages, I think you need to prove lasting harm. Was your injury a peg leg, eyepatch, or hook? From the picture, it's not clear that you have any of those.
Pauling of the Lost Lot, Sagemerald
Officer emeritus and occasional cabin person
Puppetar (and drawing of secret Blackthorpe plans) by the talented Tilinka
[Apr 13, 2012 6:08:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
altheacat

Crooked Lane Chambers
Suethem Lane
London EC

Dear Miss Wannita,

My firm of Wryt, Grabbe and Distort, has wide experience of such legal problems, having already obtained substantial damages for pirates with animal related injuries ( tripping over lolloping rabbits, being pushed overboard by lumbering elephants, injured by roaming large felines, slipping on puppy dog mess on inadequately swabbed decks... the list grows every day ).

Having carefully examined the evidence, we are of the opinion that you most assuredly have a case against Mr Eightycats, on several concurrent grounds. First, with wanton malice aforethought, he let a PINK unicorn wander in a public place, this inevitably resulting in attracting pirates of the female persuasion to try and get closer to the aforesaid animal. Second, although the animal does indeed have a collar of sorts loosely around it's neck, there is no other form of restraint visible and the animal can be most certainly be said to be out of control. An additional observation is that said animal seems to be equipped with a very sharp horn which does not have a secure guard on it ( see Dangerous Unicorns Act of April 2012 ). Therefore, in our opinion, reached with some haste ( we are commenting within three months of the injury but we feel certain that this situation requires urgent review ), we are agreed that you should make haste forthwith to start legal proceedings.

We have seen Mr Eightycats' somewhat surprising comment that he is pretty sure that what he refers nebulously to as The Terms of Service absolve him of responsability in this matter. We would like to point out to the, admitedly very smallprint, section 167, paragraph 37, subsection IIIa of the said document which clearly state that pirates ( and we believe him to be such a person since he has been a Jobbing Pirate ) must at all time be in control of their animals and do their utmost to prevent injuries to innocent bystanders, yet Mr Eightycats is nowhere to be seen in the picture.

Should you wish to proceed with legal pursuits, we would be delighted to assist you and would suggest a minimum compensation of a pair of dragons. Our very modest fee will be one of the aforementioned dragons.

Your servant in anticipation

Ebenezer Wordetwyste

Senior Partner
Noushka still of Sage

FO of Privateers
Member of Black Flag
[Edit 1 times, last edit by altheacat at Apr 13, 2012 11:27:24 AM]
[Apr 13, 2012 11:24:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wannita

7 Robusta Row,
Lima
Meridian

Dear Mr Wordetwyste

While I appreciate your research into the matter, there are two concerns I'd like to raise.

Firstly, I am not impressed with your suggestion that I was attracted to the unicorn, though I'm not entirely sure if you suggest this because the unicorn is pink or simply because it's a unicorn, I find that to be a very slanderous statement with no evidence to back it up.

Secondly, for many years now I have suffered with arsonphobia so your suggested compensation does not appeal to me in the slightest.

I am currently considering some of the other suggestions made regarding community service or having him banned from the game. Though having given all of the suggestions due consideration I am leaning towards the suggestion made by Forculus and having him kick Eightycats in the shin, afterall I am a strong believer in an eye for an eye.

Thank you for your time and interest in my case, perhaps you should contact Thalatta who has commented about some cat related injuries and may not yet have been compensated for same.

Fair winds,

Wannita
Wannita,
Captain of the crew Ocean Warriors, on the Viridian Ocean
[Apr 20, 2012 12:30:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voxpox

Dearest Wannita,
I have reviewed your case and believe you may have before you a case of " inability to control one's pet" and that compensation should be made immediately, however whilst in the process of sueing mr. Eightycats insuggest you also sue for being placed under mental duress, for being attacked by a unicorn is no small matter.

In regaurdes to a course of action your options are as follows:
1)attack eightycats- this may lead to your arrest but has immeadiate action
2)sue- bring eightycats before a pirate court and let your peers decide his fate
3)do nothing and plot revenge- note this is how vargas the sane become "the mad"
4)ignore the problem- nothing happens
5)raise a sheep to repel eightycats- solves future problems
6)raise a counter unicorn to attack eightycats-so he knowa your pain

I look forward to seeing your choice and wish you luck.
-Tradesman, Admiral Island attorny at law.
Tradesman of Emerald.

"so i opened a gold box... Trinkets... HOORAY"
[Apr 25, 2012 5:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
darkseid

you know, if it was me I would've taken out my sword cut that bugger down and found out what the hell unicorn tastes like.
Darkseid, Cerulean.
Fleet Officer of Under the Black Flag.
[Apr 26, 2012 4:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeternis

Same as pony, but i wouldn't try to eat that horn, it ruins your teeth. Gretchen can tell a story about it...
Locu on Cerulean and Opal (and some other Oceans)

Check the Rack at Phakey's Tailor Stall on Tinga for nice clothes!
Locu's Weaving Stall on Tinga and Cranberry

[Apr 26, 2012 5:29:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
altheacat

Wannita wrote

7 Robusta Row,
Lima
Meridian

Dear Mr Wordetwyste

While I appreciate your research into the matter, there are two concerns I'd like to raise.

Firstly, I am not impressed with your suggestion that I was attracted to the unicorn, though I'm not entirely sure if you suggest this because the unicorn is pink or simply because it's a unicorn, I find that to be a very slanderous statement with no evidence to back it up.

Secondly, for many years now I have suffered with arsonphobia so your suggested compensation does not appeal to me in the slightest.

I am currently considering some of the other suggestions made regarding community service or having him banned from the game. Though having given all of the suggestions due consideration I am leaning towards the suggestion made by Forculus and having him kick Eightycats in the shin, afterall I am a strong believer in an eye for an eye.

Thank you for your time and interest in my case, perhaps you should contact Thalatta who has commented about some cat related injuries and may not yet have been compensated for same.

Fair winds,

Wannita

My dear Miss Wannita,

May I, an old lawyer, congratulate you on the generosity you are showing to Mr Eightycats in this somewhat difficult matter. That you sincerely believe that there was no malicious enticement on his part is an astonishing display of kindness in this most distressing case.

My comment about the fact that the unicorn is PINk merely reflects the wisdom of years, my dear young lady. Pink is a colour known to be fatally attractive to the most delicate souls of ladies, and thus I am still very strongly of the opinion that Mr Eightycats placed a vicious animal in a public place SPECIFICALLY to attract the sweet nature of feminine pirates, thus bringing them in close proximity to the animal and enabling said animal to injure innocent bystanders. I would not hesitate to venture that the animal may indeed have had training specifically for this purpose and I believe any fair minded judge and jury could not but agree with my premise.

I am distressed that you suffer from arsonphobia, could this be secondary to a previous injury? If so, my firm would be delighted to offer our services, we have helped many pirates who have been permanently injured by proximity to firing cannons, without the benefit of any health and safety considerations.

I would caution you, dear young lady, against taking the 'an eye for an eye' route, even if Mr Forculus did entirely off his own volition, decide to 'kick Mr Eightycats in the shin', this would be construed as an assault, and your knowledge of this may well render you to be considered 'an accessory after the fact', a position of which the law, quite rightly in our view, takes a very strong stance against. After all, if people simply went about seeking redress without the help of lawyers, where would that end, not only for members of the public, but indeed, and this is a very dark thought, for members of the Legal Profession.

I remain entirely at your disposal, my dear Miss Wannita, should you wish to take this matter further, please be assured of my readiness to assist you in your plight. The small matter of fees is but a trifle, if a dragon would not suit you, am I certain we can find something to help relieve your evident distress

I remain your potential servant

Ebenezer Wordtwyste
Noushka still of Sage

FO of Privateers
Member of Black Flag
[Apr 26, 2012 8:21:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Koleos6

Koleos of Virdian
[May 6, 2012 7:37:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates