• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 92
Posts: 92   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9986 times and has 91 replies Next Thread
wrs1864b

Re: Dub price whine thread Reply to this Post

...and more people buy dubs from them instead of the exchange, then OOO would want to drive the exchange rate up.

Every single dub on the exchange has previously been bought from OOO for cash. Every single one of them. The dub exchange does not bring new dubs into the game, it only transfers them between players.

Yes, that is obviously true. That doesn't mean that the exchange rate doesn't have an impact on how many dubs are sunk. When the exchange rate goes up, people have a choice of either paying the price, buying from OOO instead, or reducing the amount of stuff they do that sinks dubs. When the exchange rate is high, it is easy for people to say "meh, I'm not going to get another portrait", the amount of dubs a player consumes does not have to be not constant.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Apr 12, 2012 5:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

Re: Dub price whine thread Reply to this Post

I'm still of two minds about the gold boxes-- but thank you for the boosted doubloon sale; hopefully it will bring market prices down a bit.

I'm still of the opinion that having a dual 25,000 Poe OR 12 doubloons would be a nice way to go for future runs of this promotion.
----------------------------------------
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Apr 20, 2012 6:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 92   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates