• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2577 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Lilcracker

Meridian's SMH chart spawnings Reply to this Post

now this might not be a problem for emerald since they had 2 moceans of about the same size merge... but for meridian, the merge with mala made the spawning of SMH charts scatter over twice the land.

malachite being the smaller ocean.. by far, has very few islands where restock is available... and the charts that spawn there are a lot of work just to get to... most people have to move stock on sloops.

my suggestion is modifing the map spawn curve more towards populated areas.. not certain islands but at least certain archs. ive seen tons of maps spawn in places where ye would have to travel over 25 LPs just to get to it from an island that has stock.

idk if this has been discussed before.. sorry if it has
----------------------------------------
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Mar 16, 2012 4:27:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Re: Meridian's SMH chart spawnings Reply to this Post

In my honest opinion, it should be handled differently:

Have all SMH maps (Atlantis, CI, HS) increase their bounty the furthest away they are from an island which is able to spawn greenies. That way, the SMH that spawns all the way north on the mala-side of the ocean is going to be much more attractive than that close to Terra, for example. It is then a matter of planning, as any Monster Hunt should be.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 24, 2012 8:17:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

SMH? Challenging? Pfft that is totally not the point of SMH.
Captainrich
[Mar 24, 2012 8:21:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lilcracker

Have all SMH maps (Atlantis, CI, HS) increase their bounty the furthest away they are from an island which is able to spawn greenies. That way, the SMH that spawns all the way north on the mala-side of the ocean is going to be much more attractive than that close to Terra, for example. It is then a matter of planning, as any Monster Hunt should be.

this would be good IF because of it, those islands would be colonized... if you look at t arch where ichor island is in, there are absolutely no colonized islands at all.. meaning ye have to travel either from stormy fell, or a malachite island that is 2 archs away because the story is the same with the archs bordering that arch
Meridian - Minigun

Emerald - Nightbear
[Mar 24, 2012 1:15:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scullywag

if you look at t arch where ichor island is in, there are absolutely no colonized islands at all

There is an (expensive) market at Alicorn where you can resupply.
Gatsukama of Meridian
Retired: BlackCat and BlackTeeth of Midnight, and Blackteeth of Azure
[Mar 24, 2012 7:07:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Only small CBs and swill, though. Same goes for all the other ex-Malachite capital island markets, with the exception of... the one on Marmara, if memory serves.
[Mar 24, 2012 9:14:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I believe most of us would work around by swabbing a larger ship to the nearest uninhabited island, and putting a supply ship at the same island. Dont know how viridiansiders do it if an uninhabited isle is nearest - if its the same, then some of malaside is just further to go. I find a good argument for a moderate increase in payout the more trouble you have to go to, but it's hard to know what to base it on. Green spawn doesn't seem relevant, the right size cballs - I can see some exploits from island owners here.

I use the term "us" loosely, since I don't bnav - I just charted
ships to stuff :)
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Mar 24, 2012 11:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Viridian barely has any uninhabited islands, therefore they hardly run into the problem.
Captainrich
[Mar 25, 2012 5:53:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trogo1

Viridian barely has any uninhabited islands, therefore they hardly run into the problem.

Yet a great proportion of island on Mala-side encounter this problem.
Trogo on Viridian.
[Mar 25, 2012 11:28:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

Learn to run stock like you had to even on Viridian 3 years ago (if something spawned in SW Onyx or SW Garnet).

More booty in general further away from restock points could be interesting.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Mar 25, 2012 3:01:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

this would be good IF because of it, those islands would be colonized... if you look at t arch where ichor island is in, there are absolutely no colonized islands at all.. meaning ye have to travel either from stormy fell, or a malachite island that is 2 archs away because the story is the same with the archs bordering that arch

The whole point of making them harder if further away is to make it way more rewarding.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 28, 2012 6:59:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

The whole point of making them harder if further away is to make it way more rewarding.

Charts that are further away from colonized islands aren't very much harder. A little more time consuming, but running a stock ship is low risk, so it wouldn't be worth OOO development time to make it any more profitable.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Mar 28, 2012 7:28:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates