• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7276 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
ubernova

Recent OM Firings(?) Reply to this Post

As I was looking around YPPedia, I turned my attention to look at OceanMasters because of the merges. I then began to scroll down and saw something interesting. Under the list of a special column called "Shanghaied Mates" lists a list of Former (?) Ocean Masters:

Artemis

Cronus

Eurydice

Gaea

Glaucus

Hermes

Oceanus

Poseidon

If this was already brought up I apologized but if not, Care free to discuss
----------------------------------------
Bowser
[Feb 17, 2012 3:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Recent OM Firings(?) Reply to this Post

Presumably, these mates were "shanghaied" into other divisions of Three Rings, such as Whirled, Spiral Knights and Doctor Who: Worlds in Time. You will notice if you go there that many names will look vaguely familiar, or they will admit to having Puzzle Pirates aliases.

I believe that Hermes is no longer an OceanMaster per se, but he is a developer now, as you can see from his recent participation in the Uniting the Oceans threads.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 2 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Feb 17, 2012 3:51:08 PM]
[Feb 17, 2012 3:49:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Presumably, these mates were "shanghaied" into other divisions of Three Rings...

I petitioned once to find out what had happened to Oceanus and I received a similar answer.
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Feb 17, 2012 4:19:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I know for sure Artemis and Eury are on Spiral Knights. Artemis has saved me from bugs many times. Eury is the community coordinator. Oceanus too is on SK I do believe.
Captainrich
[Feb 17, 2012 5:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zava

Aw, so that's where Eury has gone!

I sent in a support ticket in Spiral Knights a while back and it was answered by Oceanus.
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Feb 17, 2012 5:58:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
ubernova

I recently asked one of the OMs who gave me the "damn someone found out response". But yeah moving to different games make sense
Bowser
[Feb 17, 2012 7:14:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Aye, as it has been said, Shanghai'd = moved to a different OOO game. The "Alas, Departed Mates" are where those that no longer work for OOO are listed.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 17, 2012 7:51:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Eury was on Whirled back when it was cool (i.e. before its release >_>).

*sigh*
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Feb 17, 2012 10:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Lets trade Prometheus for Oceanus back. And lets Bring Hephaestus back too.
[Feb 18, 2012 4:17:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Razzletaz

I heard Oceanus was transferred to Spiral Knights.

I agree, I want Oceanus back!
Razzletaz Mc Drizzle Tazzle Pazzle McNizzle
[Feb 18, 2012 7:14:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Apollo hasn't been on since the start of the year. A few weeks ago I asked and was told he was still with the company.
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Feb 18, 2012 9:07:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Lets trade Prometheus for Oceanus back. And lets Bring Hephaestus back too.

I heard Oceanus was transferred to Spiral Knights.

I agree, I want Oceanus back!

Thank you for coming to the Oceanus Appreciation Group.

First we'll start with cofounder Partypoison who has prepared a presentation on the overall uplifting presence of Oceanus

Then we'll hear from our guest speaker anonymous poster (Razzl)

Afterwards we'll break for refreshments, Ocean Cookies and Punch

We'll conclude with a team activity for fundraising and scheming ways to bring Oceanus back.

And with that, we now turn the time over to Partypoison.
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MSpartans at Feb 18, 2012 9:48:04 AM]
[Feb 18, 2012 9:47:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Oceanus was a valued member of the puzzle Pirates community. He created loads of fun, and didn't just police the game, but he pissed around too! I remember on Viridian '06 us two had 1v1 200 PoE poker, and he won!

Who can forget his fun when El Pollo Diablo was beaten the third time? Its become apparent that we, as a community don't want these Gods called Oceanmasters policing, but actually contributing involvement. I havn't seen Apollo on sf tables as much, I havn't seen Hera on the docks. I miss Gaea's random Rock jokes in OceanBroadcast

Gaea broadcasts, "Whats a rocks favourite form of Transportation"
Gaea broadcasts, "A rock-etship!"

EDIT- And then there is Hephaestus. The Troll Oceanmaster who trolled the ocean on many occasions. I remember midnight, I was standing on docks when he sneaked up behind me, and put his front, towards my back. Originally I felt sexually violated. Then i thought "Gibz me moar Hepphy"

We need him back!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by catscanner at Feb 18, 2012 3:40:16 PM]
[Feb 18, 2012 3:37:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pizzab

Yes we need Oceanus to come back to join us, I miss having him around as OM. He was always enjoyable to be around.

Also I miss having Lizthegrey working the "tech support" area, she was always a big help when bugs came up. She helped fix a lot of issues. Also she helped create the anti-cheat system.
FrodoB of Hunter

I use to be a hobbit, till I took a ring to the finger.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pizzab at Feb 18, 2012 4:09:48 PM]
[Feb 18, 2012 4:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

No support for Cronus? Disappointing.
Captainrich
[Feb 18, 2012 4:15:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

No support for Cronus? Disappointing.

As Cronus' official stalker, I say he's the bestest. And also he's probably trying to escape me.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Feb 19, 2012 8:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Cronus probably finds Spiral Knights more tasty than pirates. :(
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Feb 20, 2012 5:31:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

I miss Hypnos : / But I do agree that seeing OM interaction is a positive for the game, it's very exciting for greenies in particular.
Stabatha- Tarts of Doom, Obsidian
[Feb 20, 2012 11:01:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

I miss Hypnos too. And where IS Apollo?
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Feb 25, 2012 4:05:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jongy5

I miss Hypnos too. And where IS Apollo?

Musicologist : Self-proclaimed Master Minstrel mostly of Meridian

Message from Team Evil: Fine, we'll pass the petition along to Hera for you even though you're pro-Team Purple, but we refuse to be happy about it! #TeamEvilisAWESOME
[Feb 26, 2012 12:23:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Apollo may be with SK, could try asking on their forums, Eury will probably answer.
Captainrich
[Feb 26, 2012 9:14:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Also I miss having Lizthegrey working the "tech support" area, she was always a big help when bugs came up. She helped fix a lot of issues. Also she helped create the anti-cheat system.

Aww, thanks ^_^

I'm sometimes around puzzling these days when school and my day job at Google aren't eating me.
[Mar 3, 2012 9:24:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Aww, thanks ^_^

I'm sometimes around puzzling these days when school and my day job at Google aren't eating me.

She lives!

I love you Liz!
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Mar 3, 2012 12:29:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

Aww, thanks ^_^

Wait...Whaaaaat? She's still here! Hows bring a google dev going? Surely can't b as fun as Y!PP developer!
[Mar 3, 2012 3:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Aww, thanks ^_^

GOOGLE?!!? Their headquarters is..amazing..
Captainrich
[Mar 3, 2012 8:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
_Amnesty_

I miss Hypnosssss, she was incredible. And, Oceanus and his crazy counting of my trinkets and all the crap in my inventory. (...300 trinkets he counted, with 100 pieces of furniture, I might add. HE CRAY)
Amnesty,
Emerald.

Tilinkitar!
[Mar 3, 2012 9:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Rumor has it that Apollo and Hera are spending time on Dr. Who. Although Hera has told me she will still be on YPP occasionally.

Again, this is all rumor, so take it for what it's worth.....

I have had Aphrodite, Gaea, Clotho and Poseidon help me on SK, so that answers a few not even mentioned in the OP.

/whine: It pains me every time I have to see one of the GM's on SK, as their names are graype, their chat is graype and their armor is usually graype. *sigh*
/end whine
On a happy note, however, their weapons are bansticks and they are oh so very cool!

IV(here, there and nowhere)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Edit 1 times, last edit by IVdripper at Mar 5, 2012 11:45:38 AM]
[Mar 5, 2012 11:37:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

Clotho posted on the "Ask Uncle Apollo" thread in the event workshop that Sunshine had "taken on other responsibilities within the company" a little while ago. I figure WiT is a pretty good guess on that. :)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Mar 6, 2012 7:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

So what in the earth happened to Gaea anyway? I miss her.

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[Mar 9, 2012 11:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

All my favorite OMs are gone, so next time, can we like, vote to expel OMs?
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[Mar 23, 2012 9:55:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates