• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7461 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
IVdripper

Dear Cobalt

I was here the moment you opened, and I will be here the moment you close. You have been my home for the better part of seven years. I have made friends and made enemies, laughed and cried, and found this to be an experience unlike any other. We were the first ocean after Midnight and charted new waters. It's been a great run, mostly because of the mates I have met over the years. Cobalt had a personality unlike other oceans. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always unique. Fair winds, dear Cobalt, you will be missed.

And yes, I even spelled it right. I thought a thread for folks to pay tribute to their memories here might be a nice idea.

IV(Spawned on
Midnight , raised on Cobalt)
----------------------------------------
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Jan 31, 2012 7:31:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
outofthebox9

Re: Dear Cobalt

The first ocean that spawned for me when I downloaded YPP was Cobalt. The first island it dropped me off on was Napi Peak. The first crew I jobbed for and became a member of was Neptune's Chosen. I never changed anything in 5 years. I have had some wonderful memories on here and have made life-long friends.

Thank you Cobalt.

And thanks for this thread IV.
Evilmermaid
Cobalt Cerulean
[Jan 31, 2012 7:43:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

I spawned on Cobalt 6+ years ago, after clicking on an ad on a webcomic I no longer read. I joined a crew, followed a friend to her new one when our original captain proved crazy, and stayed there. We merged with good friends a couple of years ago, but I never hit Leave Crew on my main again.

In turns, I've been an interarch gunner, a memmer, a stat trollop, an Atlantis XO, a rumbler, a reboot merchant, a ROMS player and a poker nut. These days I'm a CI addict and blockade staffer, and as always, a jobber. Thanks Cobalt, for letting me be all these things, and for bringing me friends I never would have met otherwise!
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Jan 31, 2012 8:38:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

I have to share this, from a dear old friend. It made me giggle and brought a tear to my eye.

Hats wrote: 
I feel a great disturbance in the ocean. As if a couple of hundred bots cried out, "Did ye hear the cannon shots last night?" in terror and were suddenly silenced.

IV(sad and excited all at the same time)
IVdripper/IVdripperone

-- Dorothy Parker
[Jan 31, 2012 9:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

As the wind blows, me hearties, the sea awaits!
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jan 31, 2012 10:09:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ysaksu

This goes against the spirit of this thread I suppose, but I couldn't resist it.

Oh my god IV, you spelled Cobalt correctly for once...

<3
Yasemin on most of the oceans.

Random pirate in the inn says, "Yase always tearing people down. Yer rudeness is known across all the known across all the known oceans of Puzzle Pirates. Funny my 1st day on this ocean I find you."
[Jan 31, 2012 10:16:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

This goes against the spirit of this thread I suppose, but I couldn't resist it.

Oh my god IV, you spelled Cobalt correctly for once...

<3

lol Yes, yes I did. It was out of respect. I'm still trying to figure out how to butcher Cerulean, but I'm sure most folks will do it without trying. :)
IVdripper/IVdripperone

-- Dorothy Parker
[Jan 31, 2012 10:47:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
jac630

I'm not as old a salt as most here, but I do remember spawning on Dragon's Nest on a hot summer day some 5 years ago. Oh, how times have changed. We'll miss you, Cobalt.
Mariomario on Cobalt
Babel on Ice
Shiroji on Viridian
[Jan 31, 2012 12:20:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.nintendo.com [Link]  Go to top 
angel2512

My brother was the one who got me to step off on Cobalt, and it has always been home filled with amazing mates. I've poked into the green oceans on occassions , but it was never the same as home.

To my dear dear Cobalt, fare thee well. You are missed and never forgotten. Thanks for an amazing 5 years.
~Saphireangel~

SO of Mischievous Drifters,
Lady of Maniacal Menagerie,
Cerulean, once a Cobalt native.
(also lurking on all English oceans)

Angelfish collector
Avatar gorgeousness by the lovely Angelira!
[Jan 31, 2012 12:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Redcheek

Cobalt will always have a special place for me even after moving on. I just wanted to share in the group hugs and give something for people to look at whilst they're waiting for Cerulean to be up :)

Redcheek

^_^
[Jan 31, 2012 2:40:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

Don't forget how you left for awhile.
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Jan 31, 2012 6:51:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates