• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15274 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
Setsusa

Re: Intent for Windward Vale

Nah, it just needed to be said. Also, I think dyslexia is a poor argument since he made the same mistake more than once whilst making no other mistakes.

High five for pity effort card yet again though.

And this from the person, who gets offended by jokes about colourblindness. Picking on a dyslexian person's spelling. The irony.

I was asked to leave this alone, but I guess since Legacy had a circle jerk, I might as well.

I find it hard to believe that Qvintus is dyslexic, or if he is, that particular mistake was caused by said obstacle, given the reason I already stated. Looking at his other posts too, he's not troubled when he spells. I'm sure it was a simple mistake, honestly, observe how in the new thread he has it spelt properly - but you can use this as an excuse if you so choose.

The straws you grasp make you look like a tool. Even if he is dyslexic.

Using disabilities as an excuse when they aren't to blame, you're pathetic. It honestly disgusts me that you would insist that one spelling mistake, one lone spelling mistake was due to dyslexia, despite the rest of the evidence being entirely obvious of coherent thinking.

But hell, I guess it's just another Legacy royalty joke.

@Lune: Keep following.

@Nagflar: ^ x 5.

Cheers, kids. Good luck getting the dirt out.
----------------------------------------
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Feb 6, 2012 8:22:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

You keep calling everybody kids, it makes me wonder if you are trying to hide the fact that you're one yourself. This is really being supported by the fact that you seem to want to spend a gargantuan amount of time following each post regarding Legacy and closing it with "have fun kids/you're all tools" even though we never really did anything to you personally.
I suppose if you follow that theory, you really might want to stop/deviate your line of thought.
Or keep at it if you want, we dont really mind, since this is just a game where your ridiculously petty real life references matter as much as my torn left shoe.
Nag, Illi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karal5 at Feb 6, 2012 2:39:42 PM]
[Feb 6, 2012 2:38:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

You're really, really stupid, aren't you?

I said exactly what you did to me personally, go read it. And yes, while you're acting like kids playing in the sandbox, I will call you kids.

As for your last statement, you should take that up with your monarchs, their real lives seem to be often used as an excuse.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Feb 6, 2012 4:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

I don't mind being call a stupid kid, its who I am, to be honest. And maybe, its what you've lost sight off!

In light of above statement!:

So you will make it a point to take insults when they weren't intended?
Okey.
So you will be a hypocrite, call out on things you find insulting and along with that you will want to tag some of your insults too?
Okey.

So you want me to find answers from my monarchs?<------IMPORTANT question!
I can answer this, but remove the magical buff which Dahlgren placed around your eyes when he dragged you by the nose to what we currently call meridian, to be able to READ what I typed okay? I have spent a LOOONG time with said royals, and I know them to be people who would rather not waste time shooting unintended insults at every random person they meet. Bar Manlizzy here though.

SOME facts supporting WHERE I found them (I could've found you too):
There are nice people OUTSIDE your circle of friends.**FINGERSNAP**
You can find them in vessels which you would generally never hop onto.**FINGERSNAP**
You can find them with green names, but they might be older that you.(HAI LOTTAY)**FINGERSNAP**
You can find them gossiping and stalking random hearties in random inns.**FINGERSNAP**
I DEFINITELY dont know you, but even after all that crap, I wouldn't mind being your friend.**FINGERSNAP**

Or, of course, you can follow the enlightened path of lord Dahlgren, he who has moved on. I dont mind, Im his friend too.

Are you done pointing out faults? Or are you just picky with whom you choose to hang out with. Coz then, this post was POINTLESS. DX
Nag, Illi
[Feb 6, 2012 7:55:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Do you google certain words synonyms to make you look smarter? If you do you might want to check the actual meanings and use because as I understood it "gargantual" should only be used to describe food related things.

Ps: If Rover was still around he would be proud of how I actually remembered this leason :D.

Anywayyyyyy keep going...
Roseh

[Feb 6, 2012 8:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

Im sorry to use popular references, but there really isnt any other way to convince you:
Kill Bill vol. 2: Elle's recital to Budd as he dies on the floor, after her explanation of black mamba killing habits and venom: " such a nice word really, too bad it can't be used in sentences more often". Implying a gargantuAN, not gargantuaL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsaG8rJGlyQ
I haven't quoted exactly but that should be enough!

This is swerving off topic ofc. I happened to have neglected thanking Cairna for playing R4 on legacy terms. And still winning! Thanks mate, and good game!

edit1: there you go, no hard feelings ya?
edit2: I forgot kill bill names. sorry sorry.
Nag, Illi
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Karal5 at Feb 7, 2012 1:37:31 AM]
[Feb 6, 2012 11:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Gargantuan comes from the name of giant on some book (egyptian? greek?) it's a word used to describe huge amounts of food or big appetite, if now its commonly used as a synonym of gigantic I don't know but wouldn't surprise me I mean didn't they add google to the dictionary?, gargantual is not a word as far as I know.

I can barely understand your post tbh but I would like to take a minute to remind you the forum rules:
- Personal attacks--anything intended to insult or belittle the person behind the noseless pirate.
Roseh

[Feb 7, 2012 12:02:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

It doesn't from any general reference, as you can see. There are select few people who assume that gargantuan is primarily for food based anecdotes. This can be argued over as gargantuan can be used as a replacement for "gigantic" or simply "large". I have no clue about the latin origins. So I might beg to differ from "Rover".
I didn't look that up in a dictionary, I happen to have cleared my schooling. Just saying...no, um, connected personal attacks. Sorry for above.
Edit1:
I'm not sure if we're on the same page by the way, are you talking about "gargantuan"?
Because:
Mimilinda
Post 1:

because as I understood it "gargantual"

Post 2:

gargantual is not a word as far as I know.

But I think you mean gargantuan, never mind.
Nag, Illi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karal5 at Feb 7, 2012 12:25:57 AM]
[Feb 7, 2012 12:19:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Regarding dyslexia, for Cremate:

Here is a Wikipedia link with more information, if you can be bothered to read it. It seems decent, though the symptom list seems to include some symptoms of dyscalculia that don't necessarily come with dyslexia, at least not in Q's case.

To sum it up, dyslexia is a very specific dysfunction in the brain, not related to intelligence. It causes difficulties with reading and writing such as bad spelling and grammar, slow reading, incorrect pencil grip and bad handwriting. It's not something to be ashamed of in any way, so I see no reason to not mention it, especially in a forum where posts are judged based on spelling and grammar, rather than context - in that case, a handicap is in fact a very good "excuse". (Just like your handicap is a good "excuse" for not being able to tell certain colours apart, right?)

Regarding the question "How high IQ do you need to spell auction correctly?", and the frequency of spelling errors in Q's posts:

First of all, if he asks me to spellcheck a post, and I'm not too busy, I help him so, most of the time, you will only see the spelling errors that I miss. And when I don't help him (or if you chat with him, but that's not very likely to happen, even if you try), you see a certain amount of spelling and grammar errors, but not necessarily more so than in the writing of some non-dyslectic individuals.

The difference is in the word SPECIFIC. The dyslexia diagnosis tells you that the difficulties are specific, only reading and writing are affected. Bad spelling and grammar without dyslexia has other reasons, and the difficulties are NOT specific.

In other words once again, it is obviously better to have high IQ and no dyslexia, than to have the same IQ and dyslexia. But if two people spell equally bad, one of them has dyslexia and the other not, it would be absurd to assume that they are equal in other aspects, and would score the same on an IQ test.

So, if a person can't spell "auction" correctly, then maybe he's stupid and can't learn a thing, and it that case, he's not to blame, and pointing it out would be extremely mean - he's probably suffering enough as it is. Or maybe he's really smart, but has dyslexia and can't spell to save his life, in which case he's not to blame. Or maybe English is not his first language, and "auktion" is the correct spelling in his own language in which case it's quite pathetic to pick on it, especially if you grew up with English yourself, and never learned a second language (and no, I have no clue how many languages you speak). Or maybe he's a lazy bum who'd rather smoke in the schoolyard or run around throwing pebbles on people's windows or whatever such kids do than go to class or read books, and has himself to blame and if so, what good does it do that you pick on his spelling? (He could also have grown up in poverty and been unable to go to school because he had to start working early, but then he probably wouldn't be playing Puzzle Pirates.)

Picking on people's spelling is simply pathetic, and even more so when you know that the person has dyslexia.

But then again, Cremate should probably not be taken very serious. Here is yet another example (not directed towards us) of the behaviour that made us label him a troll in the first place, and I would say that a certain picture on a certain webpage still is very accurate.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Feb 7, 2012 5:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

You guys are really making this too easy.

I don't mind being call a stupid kid, its who I am, to be honest. And maybe, its what you've lost sight off!

Nope.

In light of above statement!:

So you will make it a point to take insults when they weren't intended?
Okey.
So you will be a hypocrite, call out on things you find insulting and along with that you will want to tag some of your insults too?
Okey.

Shocking how things get read for face value, isn't it? Arguing the first point is stupid, an incident was bound to happen. The latter, I'm not calling out Qvintus for being dyslexic. I am calling out Avienda for scapegoating his dyslexia. More on this below. Learn the distinction.

So you want me to find answers from my monarchs?<------IMPORTANT question!
I can answer this, but remove the magical buff which Dahlgren placed around your eyes when he dragged you by the nose to what we currently call meridian, to be able to READ what I typed okay? I have spent a LOOONG time with said royals, and I know them to be people who would rather not waste time shooting unintended insults at every random person they meet. Bar Manlizzy here though.

HAHAHAHA. WOW. Dahlgren and I don't talk much, surprising as that may seem. I wouldn't even say that we're really friends because of how little we talk. That aside, even if we were friends, his opinon would have no tie to mine, everything I say is my own opinion from what I've seen, not what someone else has fed me. Perhaps you eat from Q/Avi's hand, or from pop culture's, but I won't.

SOME facts supporting WHERE I found them (I could've found you too):
There are nice people OUTSIDE your circle of friends.**FINGERSNAP**

Anchovia and Spacemonkey are the only people who still actively play the game that I consider real friends, or that I talk to often at all. We never talk about Legacy.

You can find them in vessels which you would generally never hop onto.**FINGERSNAP**

Ah sorry, I forgot that we are still stuck in third grade assumptions. If you'd like to believe ^, go ahead.

You can find them with green names, but they might be older that you.(HAI LOTTAY)**FINGERSNAP**
You can find them gossiping and stalking random hearties in random inns.**FINGERSNAP**
I DEFINITELY dont know you, but even after all that crap, I wouldn't mind being your friend.**FINGERSNAP**

I have my friends, thanks.

Or, of course, you can follow the enlightened path of lord Dahlgren, he who has moved on. I dont mind, Im his friend too.

Dahlgren's an idiot. Did you not see my tell him off for what he did with Q's dummies? Seriously, you're a moron if you think Dahlgren has any impact on anyone but himself, we're not impressionable young teenagers like yourself. You can argue that, but you've made your age group pretty obvious.

Are you done pointing out faults? Or are you just picky with whom you choose to hang out with. Coz then, this post was POINTLESS. DX

Very picky.

Im sorry to use popular references, but there really isnt any other way to convince you:

Palm met face.

Avienda wrote: 
A lot of stuff about dyslexia

Yeah, we know what it is. I really think you missed the point. Allow me to give you a timeline:

You say Qvintus has an IQ of 135, cool, no one cares but good for him.
Qvintus misspells auction as auktion.
I comment on it and ask how high of an IQ he needs to spell it correctly.
You jump to dyslexia as an excuse.

Then, the following:

It's not something to be ashamed of in any way, so I see no reason to not mention it, especially in a forum where posts are judged based on spelling and grammar, rather than context - in that case, a handicap is in fact a very good "excuse". (Just like your handicap is a good "excuse" for not being able to tell certain colours apart, right?)

So why did you bring it up? An answer of "I unno he made a mistake" works fine, but instead you go HE'S DYSLEXIC YOU DICKHEAD. So come on, don't feed me this crap about me picking on a guy who's dyslexic when you're the one using it as an explanation instead of pointing out it was a minor blip. As for the second part, I'm not colourblind, but I do have a visual impairment. I cope with it and tell people about it if they need to know, or if they ask, I don't use it as an excuse. Get the difference?

Moving on...

Avienda wrote: 
A bunch of stupid excuses for making one spelling mistake.

1. No one called him stupid.
2. Sure, maybe he has dyslexia, doesn't mean you need to bring it up.
3. Qvintus is a grown adult living in an English speaking country playing an English speaking game. Shut up, unless you're going to say that your husband is incapable of learning, he's capable of learning.
4. Three languages, not good with them because I've never had to use them after learning them, I would assume if I learned English as a child and then started using Spanish everyday of my life I'd begin to forget English and have a better mastery of Spanish.
5. What?
6. Now we're getting ridiculous.

Picking on people's spelling is simply pathetic, and even more so when you know that the person has dyslexia.

Taking what I said this far is ridiculous. Using dyslexia as an excuse and bringing that up when you didn't have to is pathetic. In doing so, you're practically asking for people to comment on his dyslexia that they may have not known about before. Common sense.

And, to close:

But then again, Cremate should probably not be taken very serious. Here is yet another example (not directed towards us) of the behaviour that made us label him a troll in the first place, and I would say that a certain picture on a certain webpage still is very accurate.

Not sure if the hyperlink carries with the quote, but nonetheless. Do you not see the analogy? The majority of "friends" added on Facebook are people who've interacted less than ten times. My sisters for example will meet someone, learn their name and add them on Facebook. Are they friends? Hell no. Similarly, there are a lot of people who see someone, talk to them for a few minutes in game and add them as a hearty because it might be useful and rarely or never talk to them again. Get it?

Of course, when you take it out of context, it might look like trolling. I would have hoped that common sense again would have prevailed, but I guess we already knew the outcome of that.

Thanks for the trollpage shoutout, I appreciate it.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Feb 7, 2012 7:20:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

What are they making too easy Cremate, your ability to look like a tool and a moron? Yes, theyre making this very easy for you.
You, who know so much, have nothing better to do than engage in trivial arguments (and retaliatory at that, since our little circle-jerk obviously got you all upset) in the refuse of an ocean that essentially no longer exists.

Coolpoints/postcount++ amirite?

Have fun at school babyboy.

Edit: Hey avi, according to that link, Cremates been playing since he was 7 years old. Hes so hardcore, you should probably stop trying to win, he will beat you with his *yawn* 9 *yawn* years of experience.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Feb 7, 2012 11:03:00 AM]
[Feb 7, 2012 10:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Have fun at school babyboy.

Edit: Hey avi, according to that link, Cremates been playing since he was 7 years old. Hes so hardcore, you should probably stop trying to win, he will beat you with his *yawn* 9 *yawn* years of experience.

Irony? :/

You know better than that, Lune. And like I said, "woof".
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Feb 7, 2012 11:54:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Oh, you said woof? I didnt notice. Cute. Means nothing to me. But keep barking. Your bite doesnt count for much of anything anyhow.
^that my friend, is irony.
inb4nou
LoLune

[Feb 7, 2012 12:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Who's biting? Do you have more than fluff?
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Feb 7, 2012 12:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Haha youre still here.
Nibble nibble.
LoLune

[Feb 7, 2012 12:39:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

He wants a troll shout page, it seems. Do you even know what thread you're posting in?

All you can do is look for problems where there are none. Then, when you find them you will post and cry, post and cry, post and cry. When you are done doing so, you will find a new set of lame things to cry about. From a post about WV's awesome cade, you have made this thread about things which have nothing to do with the game. And, of course, about you.

Nobody cares about what you feel. I tried, but you really aren't nice. So now, we're (the few legacy persons who post in VP, that is) just posting here in reply to you because your antics are so amazing, it saves us a trip to the circus. The others just go to the circus. Or the zoo. Whichever.

ANYWAY
@ lunette: good luck with today! Hope you have fun, too bad I wont be around to see how it goes.
Nag, Illi
[Feb 8, 2012 1:26:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Why is there still posting in this. OMs for the love of god can you delete the other parleys from the old oceans.
Captainrich
[Feb 8, 2012 9:28:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates