• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 77
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16508 times and has 76 replies Next Thread
muppman

Intent for Windward Vale

Where? You say
Windward Vale! I say

Pay!? You say
Okay, 666 PoE or more in your pocket without delay!

Why Windward Vale? You say
It is held by Imperial Coalition! And we won't see them stay!

Why? You say
In our hunting games they make the best prey!

Why now you say?
Tzz was bored! And wanted some hey hey!

Will there be singing? You ask
Yes it will! I say
The Lovely Narci will be singing today.
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Jan 29, 2012 2:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
draton

Re: Intent for Windward Vale

Wanted some hey hey? o_O
Glacial - Meridian
Hielo - Emerald
Starscream - Obsidian

Nemesis says, "I think I found the problem."
Nemesis says, "You're a Decepticon."
Starscream says, "I've changed :("
Nemesis says, "They all say that.
[Jan 29, 2012 3:07:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benrenshaw

Wanted some hey hey? o_O

It's because he's....'gay', aahahahwdahdahwdlol.
Captainben on Meridian
Basicx on Emerald
[Jan 29, 2012 4:49:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Good game IC (and KO too, I suppose), and a big thanks to all jobbers as usual!

It was probably one of the most messed up blockades we've been involved in in terms of contenders repeatedly pulling out and coming back, the paywar nature of the rounds against Knockout, and the pay going up and down so much. Not to mention that all this happened over such a worthless island.

Anyway. R1 was fun (for us, probably not for IC, looking at the sinkscore and so), R2 flagsit, R3 we didn't contest because our staff had left and it was very obvious that KO wanted a paywar and a bloodbath over Windward Vale, and we had limited interest in that. R4 we contested, even though our ventrilo server had crashed and most of our original staff had left - Knockout paywared up to 5K without letting us catch up before we decided to play it outjobbed, and yet lost by only 24 points.

R5, both KO and Legacy (Score: 2-2) had pulled out, and IC came in to flagsit it. We came back to fight again (still without ventrilo and low on staff), KO came back to target Legacy ships and help IC win, pay once again reached 3K or a bit more and in the end, IC successfully defended by winning one round with KO's help.

There were some accusations against Legacy, and claims that we paywared during R1 (the hatetells came after a raise we did in the middle of the round, at 98-150). This time, that was not true, and I will post the graph for the round to prove that.

(I could post a graph for R4 as well but as far as I know, there is no controversy there, and KO's intentions were pretty clear, so I won't spam with it.)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 30, 2012 3:02:54 AM]
[Jan 30, 2012 3:01:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

We treat people like crap so they outjob against us. Boo hoo. Honestly, pick one.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 30, 2012 4:25:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
briskysforum

Oh look shiny charts. Qavienda i love how you post these charts when it shows legacy been out jobbed and you dont post when your raising pay when outjobbing D: so KO did this and that IC did abit of that, Who really care what your posting anymore. I just consider it you to be barking again or snorting 1 of the 2 and discard as more ammo for the lavortry.
Support Response:
Poor Alice. Hang tight. ====== Alright, Alice has been restored to you.
Most hated pirate in meridian and viridian 2 years running :D
[Jan 30, 2012 9:43:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

I thought KO and IC had had a falling out... so now they're back together again? I can't keep up on all this!
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Jan 30, 2012 10:07:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Haha the siggy made that so perfect Tik.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 30, 2012 10:22:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

I thought KO and IC had had a falling out... so now they're back together again? I can't keep up on all this!

Perhaps KO just wanted to shit on Legacy some more.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 30, 2012 10:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

You have to read her siggy to get what shes trying to say.
Like brisky obviously just wants a high five, poor guy.
LoLune

[Jan 30, 2012 10:26:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Perhaps KO just wanted to shit on Legacy some more.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Jan 30, 2012 11:29:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

It seems to me as if it's: My enemy refuses to fight me, while it fight's its enemies. So the only way to get to my enemy, is to fight my enemies enemy, while fighting the initial enemy.

Im sure this cleared up confusion, yw.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Jan 30, 2012 11:46:08 AM]
[Jan 30, 2012 11:45:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

It seems to me as if it's: My enemy refuses to fight me, while it fight's its enemies. So the only way to get to my enemy, is to fight my enemies enemy, while fighting the initial enemy.

Hmm, we need to change your name to Whitehazy.... :p

Martobain wrote: 

[Jan 30, 2012 12:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

This.

We had no interest in WV but wanted to sink Legacy, so we let IC keep the island in the end. We stopped matching after pay hit 5k. Legacy was paying 5.5k while KO was at 5k. Legacy stopped jobbing on their 2nd WF while it was on 40, kinda upsetting for the jobbers sitting there I am sure. Also, when the small ships spam came and around the end of the round I looked at flag pages, KO had around 85 jobbers while Legacy had 110. We stopped jobbing after we sunk their frig and pulled off our 2 frigs starting of 2nd segment and only sent in a brig to flagsit during the 2nd seg. Legacy started spamming the board with smaller ships and the round turned to be a bit more real. Was fun with a nailbiter ending! Highfive Whitehaze for blocking the cutter exiting at the end of R4 D:!
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by glittertjess at Jan 30, 2012 12:30:28 PM]
[Jan 30, 2012 12:27:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

You have to read her siggy to get what shes trying to say.
Like brisky obviously just wants a high five, poor guy.

The funny thing about Brisky's post is that I posted the graph for the cade he's talking about (when we took Laby, R3) at the time, and everyone shut up about it after seing it wasn't much to cry about. But whatever. :)

Edit: My internet was down for a few hours, leaving my reply in some sort of limbo before it actually went through, so I hadn't read the later posts.

And Cairna, yes, you didn't match our 5,5K but the fact that you kept raising by steps of 500 while outjobbing before that point still made your intentions pretty clear. Nothing wrong with it, we've done similar things just to reach a higher pay level, but it wasn't something we wanted to play along with for WV.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 30, 2012 12:47:37 PM]
[Jan 30, 2012 12:42:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

Sup Avienda. Should I take your flag's recent actions of complaining to the OMs everytime something offensive comes up on the forums in your direction, or are you gonna just remove the signature?

Q's a douchebag, no doubt, but after you have made statements that say you don't go the personal attack route, I find him making that statement about a colourblind person in general offensive, being that I have a visual disability.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 30, 2012 12:59:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

And Cairna, yes, you didn't match our 5,5K but the fact that you kept raising by steps of 500 while outjobbing before that point still made your intentions pretty clear. Nothing wrong with it, we've done similar things just to reach a higher pay level, but it wasn't something we wanted to play along with for WV.

Yeah but the fact is that you kept raising 500 instantly while we were both loading the first frig only and 20 mins to go. The difference was less than 10 I think everytime the raise was made. I insta-matched it and at 5k I knew it was high enough for me to get even jobbing along with Legacy paying abit more.
Cairna
[Jan 30, 2012 1:05:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Sup Avienda. Should I take your flag's recent actions of complaining to the OMs everytime something offensive comes up on the forums in your direction, or are you gonna just remove the signature?

Q's a douchebag, no doubt, but after you have made statements that say you don't go the personal attack route, I find him making that statement about a colourblind person in general offensive, being that I have a visual disability.

I can remove it if it makes you uncomfortable. The comment was about one of our royals, who scored 126 on a Danish IQ test that I linked him, without knowing that he was colourblind, and some of the symbols were multi-coloured. He also didn't know that he could use the full 40 minutes, but thought that he would get a higher score if he did it fast, meaning that he'd probably score really high on a test without colours, and where he used the full time. However, given that Q's IQ is 135+, said royal is not as smart as him, in Denmark, where the test is coloured, which was Q's comment when being made fun of for something.

I found it hilarious at the the time but if you're still uncomfortable with it, I will of course remove it, and I apologise.

Edit for Cairna: I was referring to the raises up to 3K, where you raised while outjobbing and we matched.

Doesn't matter though, it's not an accusation, purely stating what your intention was and that we didn't want to play along.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 30, 2012 1:11:01 PM]
[Jan 30, 2012 1:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I didn't ask for the explanation and neither is every person who's going to read it. I think my stance is already clear.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 30, 2012 1:09:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I didn't ask for the explanation and neither is every person who's going to read it. I think my stance is already clear.

Fine. But I hope you will be as respectful in the future.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Jan 30, 2012 1:12:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

To play devils advocate, in order to know who its aimed at, you have to have known the person and consequentially judged them already.
LoLune

[Jan 30, 2012 1:14:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Edit for Cairna: I was referring to the raises up to 3K, where you raised while outjobbing and we matched.

Doesn't matter though, it's not an accusation, purely stating what your intention was and that we didn't want to play along.

I am pretty sure the only raise I made was the initial one from 1k to 1.5k. Other than that, I only remember matching till 5k whenever Legacy raised. I gave you a reason to continue the paywar after the first raise, but obviously, I was asking for one like you said.
Cairna
[Jan 30, 2012 1:16:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

I think realizing that things will be read for face value by anyone who doesn't know what's going on is something I am capable of. You know, with my 135+ IQ.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 30, 2012 1:17:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I think realizing that things will be read for face value by anyone who doesn't know what's going on is something I am capable of. You know, with my 135+ IQ.

Yeah, I know that your insults were made on purpose, you don't need to explain that.

To actually be a offended by something so absurd as a joke about how colourblind people aren't smart in Denmark is kind of laughable in my opinion, though. But whatever.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Jan 30, 2012 1:20:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

To actually be offended by someone calling you a female dog is kind of laughable in my opinion, but whatever.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 30, 2012 1:23:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Q has a 135+ IQ?....
Seepnah
[Jan 30, 2012 1:46:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I find it INSANELY funny that you think an IQ test is an accurate representation of intelligence.

In fact there are no concrete ways to judge someones intelligence, one can only guess.

My guess is that you're a moron if you think an IQ of 135 means anything.

FYI: I have an IQ of 130.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 30, 2012 3:17:45 PM]
[Jan 30, 2012 2:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Rule of thumb- if she dont roll with you, dont call her the b word.
If your white, dont say the n word to black people you dont know.
Same difference.
Also, females over a certain age, dont even think about it.
Cmon man, even you should know those basics.
LoLune

[Jan 30, 2012 3:04:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

No-one pays attention to you Lune.

Inb4 BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PAYING ATTENTION TO ME TO REPLY TO ME HAHA YOU'RE SO STUPID LEARN THE BASICS MAN I'M SO CLEVER I GOT YOUR PSYCHOLOGY DOWN.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 30, 2012 3:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

No-one pays attention to you Lune.

Inb4 BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PAYING ATTENTION TO ME TO REPLY TO ME HAHA YOU'RE SO STUPID LEARN THE BASICS MAN I'M SO CLEVER I GOT YOUR PSYCHOLOGY DOWN.

It's even funnier that he thinks anyone gives two shits what ANYONE says.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 30, 2012 3:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 77   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates