• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 97
Posts: 97   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 24186 times and has 96 replies Next Thread
muppman

Defenders Against Monopolised Paving

For a long time, building shoppes has been the privilege of the huge alliances.

Imperial Coalition recently built large amounts of shoppes on Hadrian and Laby under the protection of Knockout.

RiddleMakers monopolised the market for years under the protection of the mega ring AoD. They sold shoppes for outrageous amounts of poe. At that time, AoD held 85% of all Viridian's islands and 100% of the larges.

The prices where kept high and the flags controling the ocean could use the income from them to make sure that no new flag broke through.

When Legacy was new, we had to make everything we needed from stalls or buy it dockside. It took a huge effort and an unecessarily large amount of poe.

Nowadays, I see weak flags buying shoppes on islands, where they could just as well build them. They claim to do it out of love for green pixels. I do not believe that. I believe that they do it out of fear from the reactions from stronger flags.

Therefore Legacy wishes to make an example. This example is that we built four shoppes for reasonable prices on Viridian's holiest island. We were hoping to show the ocean that you do not have to play the hypocrite game, that only serves to constitute a fixed economical hierarchy among the flags.

If you need a shoppe at your island, or just can get poe enough to fight another day from it, then DO IT. It is better to go down in flames than to constantly make yourself smaller then you could be.

Whenever the call to unite the ocean against you is made, we will be there to back you up. We do not care about green pixels and frankly neither do they, they just want a monoplised market.

We do not want too see that again. We are the Defenders Against Monopolised Paving.
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Jan 28, 2012 3:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

Re: Defenders Against Monopolised Paving

Edit: Image removed.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Jan 28, 2012 3:46:02 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 3:38:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

You're right Q, I'm so in favour of a monopolized market because of all those shoppes that I have.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jan 28, 2012 3:38:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

For a long time, building shoppes has been the privilege of the huge alliances.

Imperial Coalition recently built large amounts of shoppes on Hadrian and Laby under the protection of Knockout.

RiddleMakers monopolised the market for years under the protection of the mega ring AoD. They sold shoppes for outrageous amounts of poe. At that time, AoD held 85% of all Viridian's islands and 100% of the larges.

The prices where kept high and the flags controling the ocean could use the income from them to make sure that no new flag broke through.

When Legacy was new, we had to make everything we needed from stalls or buy it dockside. It took a huge effort and an unecessarily large amount of poe.

Nowadays, I see weak flags buying shoppes on islands, where they could just as well build them. They claim to do it out of love for green pixels. I do not believe that. I believe that they do it out of fear from the reactions from stronger flags.

Therefore Legacy wishes to make an example. This example is that we built four shoppes for reasonable prices on Viridian's holiest island. We were hoping to show the ocean that you do not have to play the hypocrite game, that only serves to constitute a fixed economical hierarchy among the flags.

If you need a shoppe at your island, or just can get poe enough to fight another day from it, then DO IT. It is better to go down in flames than to constantly make yourself smaller then you could be.

Whenever the call to unite the ocean against you is made, we will be there to back you up. We do not care about green pixels and frankly neither do they, they just want a monoplised market.

We do not want too see that again. We are the Defenders Against Monopolised Paving.

Next.
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 28, 2012 3:45:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

The guide of talking out your ass:

1: Make up some bullshit theory

2: Back it up with useless and outdated facts

3: Blame it on someone else

Kudos
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 28, 2012 3:51:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Qvintus, before he deleted it, wrote: 

You're right Q, I'm so in favour of a monopolized market because of all those shoppes that I have.

Oh I don't know why you are in favor of a monopolized market, maybe you are just a groupie of thous that do benefit from it or maybe you just ain't bright enough to see it for what it is.

Stupidity is a very common problem and nothing you should be ashamed of in some groups it is actually demanded by the members.

Edit: fixed a typo

So I'm a stupid groupie? I guess I can get behind that.

Also smooth move deleting your post.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazarath at Jan 28, 2012 4:04:51 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 4:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

I'm curious. What was the image h3h3
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 28, 2012 4:28:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I'm curious. What was the image h3h3

It was a typical Dahlgren. Merely obscene, it didn't add to the discussion at all. Good edit by Hera.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 28, 2012 4:41:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I mean honestly, that's the weakest excuse I've ever seen for satisfying for your selfish interests.

edit: Could someone PM me the image Dahl posted? I'd like a laugh.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 28, 2012 5:00:11 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 4:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

Elfeesh is the most typical example of the weak flags I do speak about; instead of greeting me as saviour as he reasonably should he lashes out in anger to show the opressors, whose booty he has been forced to lick for so long now, that he is on their side and should not be punished. This will forever stun his growth and keep him a small man if no one leads the way and frees him despite his own protests. Don't you worry, Elfeesh. I will save you. I know that you have not chosen to be this way and I know who made you become like this.

We have a Defence Against Monopolised Paving and we are on your side!

[Jan 28, 2012 5:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

I mean honestly, that's the weakest excuse I've ever seen for satisfying for your selfish interests

This is not an excuse, this is a researched and theorized fact. If you had the ardor to support anybody apart from who sound coolest on the forums, you would be looking this up yourself.

In clarification, Legacy is not giving ANY excuses for its actions. The fact that people with five year smooches on their info pages troupe together to bring down any newcomer shows this.
Nag, Illi
[Jan 28, 2012 5:05:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Give it up Q. The opposition takes this shit way too seriously. Anything you say they will OMGDodo over it. Bunch of weak ass scrubs. You cant even attempt to make it fun and invent little causes to fight for, their panties will get all twisted, while their own leaders are doing the exact same thing, inventing causes to fight for.
Cant help the hopeless zombies.

Edit:

Don't you worry, Elfeesh. I will save you. I know that you have not chosen to be this way and I know who made you become like this.

Weeee, Im not the only one whose noticed
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Jan 28, 2012 5:12:25 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:06:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Hark! I have been shamed!

I don't care though, its 1-0 to Liverpool so I'm feelin' good.
Elfeesh

[Jan 28, 2012 5:19:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I mean honestly, that's the weakest excuse I've ever seen for satisfying for your selfish interests

This is not an excuse, this is a researched and theorized fact. If you had the ardor to support anybody apart from who sound coolest on the forums, you would be looking this up yourself.

In clarification, Legacy is not giving ANY excuses for its actions. The fact that people with five year smooches on their info pages troupe together to bring down any newcomer shows this.

I see your reasoning, it's just stupid as shit, and makes absolutely no sense.

If you really think that paving Kirin for any possible Powerhouse on the ocean would be enough to monopolize the market, then you're just an idiot. There are already SO MANY goddamn shoppes on this ocean that they sell for 400k a piece, new plots sell for 1mil, maybe two.

That is NOT enough to monopolize the market, and unless a couple of other larges are opened in the past year, it won't be possible to do so unless another SMA holding all of the larges comes around.

I also find it a bit demeaning on your part to claim that I (Of all people, lol) am just following the crowd, when it is so clear to me and everyone else that you're just TROLOLOLING the fuck out of all of us.

Good day, sir.

[Jan 28, 2012 5:23:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

1-1
Whitehaze says, "They are kind of walking through our defence"
Elfeesh says, "we stop them when it matters though"

Boom goal.
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at Jan 28, 2012 5:26:46 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:25:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

That is NOT enough to monopolize the market, and unless a couple of other larges are opened in the past year, it won't be possible to do so unless another SMA holding all of the larges comes around.

I also find it a bit demeaning on your part to claim that I (Of all people, lol) am just following the crowd, when it is so clear to me and everyone else that you're just TROLOLOLING the fuck out of all of us.

Comes around eh? Those things just pop up right, they dont form. No need to use preventative measures. Dweeb.

You of all people? Lmfao. Dude. Maybe like 2 people know who you are. Maybe 0.5 actually care.

But to clarify for Nag, this kid doesnt follow the crowd, he does what he thinks will get him attention. Hes one of those irl failures I told you to avoid.

Edit: quotetagfail
LoLune

[Edit 2 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Jan 28, 2012 5:55:57 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

The theory worked didnt it?Now newbies like you can hop around buying shoppes wherever you like, which is all that matter. If I get called an idiot in the process, it was worth it.

Considering Legacy knows a LOT of us involved today do not plan to play Meridian wen it merges makes me wonder why Legacy didn't think a better excuse.
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Jan 28, 2012 5:47:23 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:43:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

The theory worked didnt it?Now newbies like you can hop around buying shoppes wherever you like, which is all that matter. If I get called an idiot in the process, it was worth it.

Considering Legacy knows a LOT of us involved today do not plan to Meridian wen it merges makes me wonder why Legacy didn't think a better excuse.

Huh?
Wait wait wait. For the GOOD OF TEH OSHUN people who WILL NOT be moving to Meridian want help accomplishing a task? Roflmao. Pleeez guise, save the ocean we arent even going to play anymore!
You peeps are class A riot act.
LoLune

[Jan 28, 2012 5:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Mhmm which proves we don't want anything in return but actually care :)
Roseh

[Jan 28, 2012 5:48:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Goin out with a bang. Badda bing badda bing.
You care? My ass. Still <3 you though.
LoLune

[Jan 28, 2012 5:50:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Elfeesh is the most typical example of the weak flags I do speak about; instead of greeting me as saviour as he reasonably should he lashes out in anger to show the opressors, whose booty he has been forced to lick for so long now, that he is on their side and should not be punished. This will forever stun his growth and keep him a small man if no one leads the way and frees him despite his own protests. Don't you worry, Elfeesh. I will save you. I know that you have not chosen to be this way and I know who made you become like this.

Poor Elfeesh :/ I didn't know he was in this much trouble. Hang in there Feesh, hang in there!
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Jan 28, 2012 5:51:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

You are not the only ugly fish in the pond, Whiterose. I am building for a better tomorrow and it is not specifically directed at you, even if you are one of the most hypocritical pavers Viridian has ever seen. You are also old news and I would not bother a project this size just for your sake.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by muppman at Jan 28, 2012 5:52:50 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:51:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

And, scene.
*lights out*
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hurtboss4 at Jan 28, 2012 6:06:30 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 6:05:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Cute! Sadly theres nothing to back you up and a lot of history to prove you wrong; see Hadrian, we opened the island yet didn't build more than 1-2 of each kind, governed TLM and didn't build a single shoppe, RM didn't plan to build a single shop on SF, when I took over Laby there was over 30 SYs when I left Lab it was down to 15ish and if you need more take a look at RM job on Jubilee.
Roseh

[Jan 28, 2012 6:09:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

What ever happened to the days when people dusted shoppes?
Oh yeah. It still happens :)
LoLune

[Jan 28, 2012 6:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Awww, Lune hun, why did you delete that previous post? I didn't even need to try very hard for you to go off of your rocker.

You do claim to be a professional troll, don't you? I think you should be able to spot one when it's looking at you right in the face. Maybe you were just tired and you weren't at your best? Yeah, that's it.

[Jan 28, 2012 6:15:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

See Whiterose, this is why I just bluntly have to call you a liar. I was there. I saw what you did. If you were honest about it, we would have no problem. It is when you feel that you and you alone are allowed to build I will have to set my foot down like this.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by muppman at Jan 28, 2012 6:21:19 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 6:17:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Awww, Lune hun, why did you delete that previous post? I didn't even need to try very hard for you to go off of your rocker.

You do claim to be a professional troll, don't you? I think you should be able to spot one when it's looking at you right in the face. Maybe you were just tired and you weren't at your best? Yeah, that's it.

Professional? Lawd. Thats like saying 'omg im emo'. It means youre.... not really the real deal, feel me? Kudos though, Im sure you'll get far in your world.

And oh so very very clever. Unfortunately, those shoppes existed. The post of course didn't. Roseh already tried this game on me before sugardumplin.
LoLune

[Jan 28, 2012 6:24:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

You can call me whatever you like it doesn't really bother me cause I understand your condition and you can keep spinning things as much as you like too.
Roseh

[Jan 28, 2012 6:29:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

2-1, 88th minute.

That'll do lads.
Elfeesh

[Jan 28, 2012 6:34:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 97   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates