• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 105
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30373 times and has 104 replies Next Thread
Pzaragosa

Re: *Intent to save the grass of Kirin - An open letter*

Just trying to protect a weak BK sounds like a fun thing to do, I'll be there.
----------------------------------------
Pzaragoza of some crew and some flag
[Jan 27, 2012 6:01:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
catscanner

I like how neither Qvintus, and Avienda have neither posted on this thread to act as if nothing is happening.
[Jan 27, 2012 6:13:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

There is obviously a difference of opinion here. We have pretty strong ideological reasons for building, beyond the simple profit aspect, and I have started to touch the topic in the other thread but I don't expect many to actually understand it. If you are interested and have an open mind, feel free to poke me in game and I will try to explain. Otherwise, let's just agree to disagree and things will be as they will be.

Either way, it's nice and refreshing to see that you are taking things to the board, instead of just complaining! We could do without the lies, I guess, but there's nothing new about them and I'm not really surprised any more. Also, the idea of "the ocean vs Legacy, no matter who you have to work with" is not new, and it worked pretty well already the first time so I'm sure you'll get it together just fine this time too. I'm also sure that it feels good to be positive for once - to talk about how you will all work together against Legacy, instead of just about how bad Legacy are.

The task you have at hand is not easy. I have posted in GD and communicated with OMs in both petitions and tells about how broken the scuttle shield mechanism is, both in terms of how easy it is to scuttle and how weak the BKs are. But despite those efforts, the problems still remain and of course, they are playing right into our hands this time. I can't see how this situation is anything but win/win for Legacy, despite your best efforts.

Nonetheless, good luck! After the weekend, I will know where people's loyalties are, and who is able to think for themselves, rather than jumping on a bandwagon and repeating the things they've heard, from people who never tell their real reasons for preaching such ideals.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Jan 27, 2012 6:42:40 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 6:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Avienda you have become to obvious in the ways you post. You will always invite people to have discussions with you in game, rather then for the whole ocean to see. Even if the questions asked are about Legacy's actions affecting the entire ocean. Then you'll bring up how Legacy get's bullied and hated and how people are ALWAYS spreading lies. Now it's time to trow a little insult in there. Legacy is superiour, you guys suck. We are the best at blockading! But then you'll wish everyone goodluck and lots of LOVE! Yay!
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Jan 27, 2012 6:33:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Avienda you have become to obvious in the ways you post. You will always invite people to have discussions with you in game, rather then for the whole ocean to see. Even if the questions asked are about Legacy's actions affecting the entire ocean. Then you'll bring up how Legacy get's bullied and hated and how people are ALWAYS spreading lies. Now it's time to trow a little insult in there. Legacy is superiour, you guys suck. We are the best at blockading! But then you'll wish everyone goodluck and lots of LOVE! Yay!

What??

And sure, I could write a novel about it but very few would read it anyway, and even fewer would understand, so what's the point?
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 27, 2012 6:38:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Avienda wrote: 
I will know where people's loyalties are, and who is able to think for themselves, rather than jumping on a bandwagon and repeating the things they've heard, from people who never tell their real reasons for preaching such ideals.

You know where I stand, I told you my real reasons, I am pretty sure I know how to think, write, and evaluate complex situations.

Now, does this make me someone who is jumping onto a bandwagon or just someone sick of your manipulations that always blame someone else for the consequences of your flag's actions.

Blaming game design on Legacy's brigand king and event shielding, you must really be desperate coming up with excuses: "Game design made me scuttle that brigand king, it was not me." What's next, "The dog ate my home work and scheduled the 7-hour events?"
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jan 27, 2012 6:40:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

It wasn't that hard to understand now was it?

I'm saying you have a lot of repeating topics comming back whenever you have to defend Legacy's actions.

1) Other players are telling lies.
2) Legacy is bad no mather what they do.
3) A cheap dig.
4) A possitive ending to make your entire post neutral and less aggressive.

I hope you aren't surprised the ocean is pulling a team effort once again vs. Legacy. I sure am not.

Now, does this make me someone who is jumping onto a bandwagon or just someone sick of your manipulations that always blame someone else for the consequences of your flag's actions.
Sverdrup has a way of nailing the truth. :p
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at Jan 27, 2012 6:51:29 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 6:48:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

The task you have at hand is not easy. I have posted in GD and communicated with OMs in both petitions and tells about how broken the scuttle shield mechanism is, both in terms of how easy it is to scuttle and how weak the BKs are. But despite those efforts, the problems still remain and of course, they are playing right into our hands this time. I can't see how this situation is anything but win/win for Legacy, despite your best efforts.

"We know something is broken and not working as the designers intended, but OOO staff and focus on this game is depleted, so we'll keep exploiting it because it helps us make shoppes we can use as political bribery capital"

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And how is it a win/win? The added expenses from this attack (and one that will surely follow post merger if y'all happen to beat the BK) vastly outweigh any potential profit derived from shoppes, so the economic aspect is out the door. You still have the potential to build shoppes to be used for political capital, but only the dumbest of players would accept one of these shoppes (whether by gift or purchase) because it automatically associates them with paving and a generally retarded primary lag, neither of which are attractive.

On the contrary, I see no way Legacy can "win" from this situation, unless they consider whining like cheap victims to be winning. Either Legacy beats the BK/multilateral force. Yeah, they retain the island but they do so while paying out the ass and sacrificing lots of political capital. Not a win/win. Or Legacy loses to the BK and all they have as a move after that is to go "DERRRR WE JUZT PLAY LYK WE WNT BUT DA OSHUN IZ BULLEEZ". To Legacy that would probably be considered a win; however, that's only to Legacy.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 27, 2012 6:55:37 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 6:51:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Avi, your reasoning for building shoppes is that with you guys building the shoppes, the PoE goes to you instead of the SMA. First of all, what SMA? Take a look at the Viridian political map here. KO and IC + friends are no longer buddies, so there's the SMA gone.

Second, does it matter who the PoE goes to? No, because at the end of the day, a shoppe is being built which has an effect on the island. If people wanted a shoppe and were so worried about the PoE going to some flag they don't want it to go to, they could just find another seller. Not all shoppe owners are affiliated with a political flag, so there's plenty out there.

Third, I saw you brought up Carmine in some other thread when I attacked it. The blockade didn't cost 20 million and the only reason pay got so high (around the 4k mark I believe) is between myself, Sea Change and some other people. It had very little do with going up against a SMA.
Anchovia
[Edit 1 times, last edit by anchovygirl at Jan 27, 2012 6:54:01 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 6:52:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

What??

And sure, I could write a novel about it but very few would read it anyway, and even fewer would understand, so what's the point?

Are you being cereal right now?

You, and Legacy, (Though I am under the assumption that half of the recycled bullshit that spews out of your mouth is yours and not Legacy's,) are doing absolutely NOTHING that is far too complicated for people to understand.

Don't think so high and mighty of yourself, you, and your flag, are not hot shit. You are just using flawed game mechanics to protect yourselves.

That being said, I think the paving of Kirin is funny, it's obvious this is all being done because Q wants to get a rise out of Parley, and it's working very well.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 27, 2012 7:16:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

That being said, I think the paving of Kirin is funny, it's obvious this is all being done because Q wants to get a rise out of Parley, and it's working very well.

This x 1000. Legacy is the type of flag, which YPP has seen dozens of times, that tries way too hard to be a powerbroker, innovative, badass, what have you. Their execution is absolutely terrible though, so everyone other than fanboys see them as annoying imitators, while they are gods in their own mind.
[Jan 27, 2012 7:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

The River of Tears

You people talk too much.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Jan 27, 2012 7:29:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Re: The River of Tears

You people talk too much.

Point proven by how the general population is planning on throwing poes to waste just to make you lose.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 27, 2012 7:45:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

This x 1000. Legacy is the type of flag, which YPP has seen dozens of times, that tries way too hard to be a powerbroker, innovative, badass, what have you. Their execution is absolutely terrible though, so everyone other than fanboys see them as annoying imitators, while they are gods in their own mind.

Got the quote first, phooey. Eh well. Least I know for sure Legacy raised your boner too. Legacys got the love. If you dont like it, youre just supplying our laughs.
Keep the spotlight shining kids.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 27, 2012 8:17:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

"P3P" will be there to support this attempt of giving Kirin to the BK.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jan 27, 2012 8:37:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I disagree with the bit about them doing this the wrong way, it's working exceptionally well. I can't think of another time (On viridian or sage, at least) that people have been willing to throw 10's of millions of poe away to keep an island from getting shoppes dropped on it.

Let me rephrase that: I can't think of a time where people have been willing to throw tens of millions of poe away to 3P a brigand king blockade to make sure it would win. That's more specific so what I said is true. YAY!

You know Q, and the rest of them, are getting a great laugh from this. I approve. I would be mad if they were claiming they had a plan to save the ocean, and were serious about it. This is trolling to the max.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 27, 2012 9:05:59 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 8:53:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

The River of Tears

I've got everything I need right here, Bring it on!!

PS. I am doing this to save the ocean!
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by muppman at Jan 27, 2012 9:48:04 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 9:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thisis50

nice eggo
[Jan 27, 2012 9:56:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

He's doing it to save the ocean guise!!!1111

I hate Legacy with every fiber of my being, but this is just funny.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 27, 2012 10:03:33 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 10:02:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Thisis50

the good thing bout mala mergin into veridin is that there r only meidums aand legacy kant pave thoze hahahahahahaha nanana boo boo
[Jan 27, 2012 12:06:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jh4l

Grab your GF's and block the board
Jhlife Captian of The Deadly Return and King of Apocolypse
[Jan 27, 2012 12:21:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(
Technitium
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 123park at Jan 27, 2012 12:27:08 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 12:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(

inorite he can take over the ocean with that!!!1111 watch out guise

[Jan 27, 2012 12:31:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(

The more you suck the harder you fail. And you friend fail hard.
LoLune

[Jan 27, 2012 12:52:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(

I got what I asked for, thank you Lune <333

[Jan 27, 2012 1:02:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Grab your GF's and block the board
SUPER PRO TO THE RESCUEEEEEEEEEE
Anchovia
[Jan 27, 2012 1:03:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(

Oh yeah, attention, I forgot.
Too bad I don't count, being a troll myself and all.
LoLune

[Jan 27, 2012 1:48:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Nice 7m!!! Jealous =(

Oh yeah, attention, I forgot.
Too bad I don't count, being a troll myself and all.

Whoa cool a pyramid

[Jan 27, 2012 1:54:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

^ I made you break a forum rule!
Troll 101
LoLune

[Jan 27, 2012 1:59:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

^ I made you break a forum rule!
Troll 101

DAMN YOU GOT ME. HARHARHAR

[Jan 27, 2012 2:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates