• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 105
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30426 times and has 104 replies Next Thread
Hurtboss4

Re: *Intent to save the grass of Kirin - An open letter*

EDIT: I just saw Narci's post, and whoever is doing that alting is being anything but honorable. Don't worry, though, I'm sure that anyone that actually has a say in whatever wouldn't do that, so you can safely assume it's a random hater trying to act cool :)

Manipulation, war's favorite past time, present, and future time. All you want is the islands, Legacy is in this for the people more then you think, we're not a bunch of morons like everyone thinks, we already expected you to interfere, after navving for us a few weeks ago. Also Sir, you're pathetic, stab every ally in the back you have left before your time runs out.

If Cairna was in it for the islands he'd not go around spending money trying to help a BK win. You do realise Cairna isn't getting the island right? The BK is going to. Or did that escape your genius of a mind?
He is only trying to stop the mad-shoppe-dropping rush that your flag leaders are undertaking.

How is dropping 2 shoppe's a week on an island which has so far been maintained so well by the previous governors 'being in it for the people'?

Its an undermining issue, cairna wants everyone's support on this so she can win the island after the merge without any trouble or 3pds, is that not evident?

I dont think you get the Picture, This is not a KO effort only...This is a whole group of people From many flags banding to make this happen and Asking many more to join in on the fight aganist the Asphalt Flag (Legacy) Cairna just posted the Intent. but if it was Whiterose or any of the other contributors, Would you still say the same to them, Or you mad because it was Cairna?

I would say the same to anyone who tried to get the whole ocean against one flag, especially if that flag i am apart of. All warfare is based on deception, how do you know Cairna just wants Kirin? I get that no one but the BK or legacy will have it after this weekend, but im speaking after the merge, KO will try to get Kirin, i don't condone what my flag does but i have no say in it, im just here to take all the haters.

If you'd take your time to actually analyze what you write as you write it, assuming you have half a brain to work with, you'd realize you're making neither a point nor sense.
For first, if you were actually a player that played the game / was minimally involved with the Blockade scenario, you'd know that when a BK wins, oddly enough, the BK gets the island governorship, not the 3P that decides to throw in a sloop or ten frigs.

Now, about my stance about Legacy. I respect and admire, and actually like, some of the people in Legacy. From Avienda, Narci and Sueirito, which are my friends and hearties, to people I only see posting and never talked to, like Ameranth. I truly like this kind of people, both for what they stand for, and what they actually do. It's not a double entendre with them.
What I don't like about Legacy, however, is pretty much focused on Qvintus and his cool actions - the one thing that made me tilt against Legacy as a whole (since Qvintus is the 'ruler' of the flag) was the way they made that cute 'wall of shame' of sorts, on their site, regarding Dahl, Chip and Creamy. Legacy has helped my flag, back when we were cading actively (up to personal interpretation as to the word 'actively') and I'll never forget the way they saved your asses back at Hadrian and the wood spawn business. I wasn't fond of much of what Legacy has done, from scuttle shielding to outright paying flags out of the board (No, I can't give you any examples off the top of my head, feel free to call me out here;), but I never publicly came out because, well, mostly because of Avi, and the respect I have for her. Tl;dr, I'm not a Legacy fan boy.

Resuming from my stance, I don't see where in God's earth you can you found your perspective of Legacy standing up for the people. Hell, Nagflar made that idiotic thread about the Deed thing, which is just another cornerstone of how lame it can be. Off the top of my head, what I liked about Legacy was the initial concept of the Dendrite pond, and the fact they fucking stripped Ksb of Napi after calling his pre-emptive 9999 initial pay bluff. Point stands, if you'd like to clarify me as to how they're the people's flag, please do so.

I also can't help but notice you're taking the heat all by yourself, while speaking of the flag as a whole, and the specific sentence 'we already expected you to interfere' led me to checking your pirate page, and as I thought, you're a Member. So tell me, is Legacy as indiscrete as to openly talk about their plans / assumptions in general FO / O / Crew chat, or are you pulling crap out of unholy places?

I won't address the navving point, since it's a clear attempt at devaluing Cai's perfectly valid point, and it has been refuted by himself. I do feel tempted to say, though, that the fact you saw Cai's navving as a whole ally thing, you're far, far dumber than you let transpire - or maybe not. You meet your own standards as per one of your flag's members.

The fact you seem to be under the illusion that Cai only wants Kirin, well, I really don't know what to say, except look at Knockout's actual Flag page, to their islands held, and tell me how they'd come up with this only for another Island in the book. Meh.

You're also sorely mistaken on claiming this is Knockout's solo attempt. I don't even have to correct you here, the overwhelming heat you already got goes to show more than my words ever could, that it's anything but that.

Warfare based on deception. Heh. No, I don't agree. I believe warfare - the real deal - is based on information and connections, not illusionary mischiefs. And warfare in Puzzle Pirates is anything but built on deception. I find that most Flags are either pretty transparent about what they wish to do, or are too stupid to cover their tracks well enough for any average Joe not to see through their lies. I can only assume you're bashing on KO for no reason again, so I'll stop replying to this point.

Overall, B for effort, F for planning, Z for actually trying to act superior when you have no MORAL STANDARDS to do so.
----------------------------------------
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Hurtboss4 at Jan 26, 2012 3:59:18 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 3:56:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Dear people of the Viridian Parley

As much as im in Legacy i will be really glad if you stop of doing alts to follow me where ever i go.

I said polite Good Luck but come to this mates dont seem a bit to much?

If is ok with you all i will go editing and posting the alts :-)

Do you like acting stupid or is it just natural to you?
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jan 26, 2012 3:59:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Dear people of the Viridian Parley

As much as im in Legacy i will be really glad if you stop of doing alts to follow me where ever i go.

I said polite Good Luck but come to this mates dont seem a bit to much?

If is ok with you all i will go editing and posting the alts :-)

Do you like acting stupid or is it just natural to you?

No hun, When alts go everywhere you go it pass the politic situation, is harresment.
so please it don't affect me to be honest, i just find it really creapy and low.

thanks

I just saw Narci's post, and whoever is doing that alting is being anything but honorable. Don't worry, though, I'm sure that anyone that actually has a say in whatever wouldn't do that, so you can safely assume it's a random hater trying to act cool :)

Hurtboss with what you know me do you sincerelly belive that I diserve to be botter, follow, everywhere i go, just because im in a flag?...
I will never think that you deserve be botter because you win on rumble or SF or because you are in a flag, or for what ever, one thing is forums and another the game.

Edit:Adding.
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Jan 26, 2012 4:07:31 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

No, I don't think you deserve any of that. Which is my edit supported you. Not sure if you're taking it the wrong way.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 26, 2012 4:09:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Using alts to harass isn't cool.

And if Cairna really is a sneaky conniving whatever, Legacy or anybody else will still have the option to take Kirin when blockades open back up. You do realize that "taking" Kirin by helping the BK win to have them defend in 5 weeks (and potentially dealing with another attacker) is much harder and potentially more expensive than just waiting 5 weeks to hit Kirin while Legacy holds it, right? The scheme you're attributing to Cairna is downright retarded.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Jan 26, 2012 4:13:52 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:13:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

And if Cairna really is a sneaky conniving whatever, Legacy or anybody else will still have the option to take Kirin when blockades open back up. You do realize that "taking" Kirin by helping the BK win to have them defend in 5 weeks (and potentially dealing with another attacker) is much harder and potentially more expensive than just waiting 5 weeks to hit Kirin while Legacy holds it, right? The scheme you're attributing to Cairna is downright retarded.

You do realize it's not about what's harder, it's about not letting Legacy place more shoppes.

- Empathetic,
[Jan 26, 2012 4:18:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Edit: mybad Misread
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Edit 2 times, last edit by bobdonnell at Jan 26, 2012 5:17:56 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:22:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

I only read 10k, willing to outjob as attacker - whatever is fun to you...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jan 26, 2012 4:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Awesome. Can't wait to see what happens. EDIT: Just the fact that you said you're willing to go 9999 is going to bring in so many jobbers, it's going to be Stormy Fell all over again. Cheers!

Willing doesn't mean want to tho, ideally we will outjob without needing to outpay or hit the cap, this is why we aid everyone who feels the same way to job for us regardless of what pay is at; don't see this as a KO or RM effort because it's not, I'm sure there will be plenty flags to pick from just make sure it's not Legacy.

Obviously no one wants to drop 50-100mil on a blockade, especially if you're just third partying. It is best for the ocean if it's kept cheaper, a 9999 kade does nothing good for the ocean.

Problem is, the vast majority of players don't browse Parley, or even know what it is for that matter. They're going to look at who is paying the most, and will job for whoever that may be.

If Legacy really wants to hold Kirin over this break, then they have the ability and the assets to do so. The only way to get a good reading (In my opinion) of who the ocean prefers, is to start pay at a fixed amount and leave it there for the entire blockade, whether you're up or down on jobbers.

When you look at the Stormy Fell opening, many players jobbed for Knockout during R4 in an attempt to have the blockade go 5 rounds, which would throw around another 90 mil onto the ocean.

It really all comes down to PoE. Politics don't mean shit anymore. If you want to do any good for the ocean, you better have 300mil that you're ready to drop on jobber pay.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 26, 2012 4:38:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

The difference is, the BK won't drop 10 more shoppes within that time. So unless you want to see Kirin being terra in 5 weeks and just watching as no one can do anything about it, we have to try act now to prevent it.

You guys (Emp/Vs) are misreading Cabin's post. He was saying that contributing this attack to "Cairna's greed/etc" is stupid, because if the end result truly was about KO@Kirin, then this is not the method they would go about it.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 26, 2012 4:51:14 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

The difference is, the BK won't drop 10 more shoppes within that time. So unless you want to see Kirin being terra in 5 weeks and just watching as no one can do anything about it, we have to try act now to prevent it.

You guys (Emp/Vs) are misreading Cabin's post. He was saying that contributing this attack to "Cairna's greed/etc" is stupid, because if the end result truly was about KO@Kirin, then this is not the method they would go about it.

Well then enlighten us Chip, what is the way? Cairna's way seems pretty thought out.

- Empathetic,
[Jan 26, 2012 5:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

If Cairna were just trying to fool us all into helping him kick Legacy off of Kirin to take it for himself, he wouldn't be bothering with the effort to help the BK take Kirin so he can blockade it in 5 weeks. He'd let Legacy be and just hit them in 5 weeks because it would be easier. What about this is so hard to understand?
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 26, 2012 5:13:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

If Cairna were just trying to fool us all into helping him kick Legacy off of Kirin to take it for himself, he wouldn't be bothering with the effort to help the BK take Kirin so he can blockade it in 5 weeks. He'd let Legacy be and just hit them in 5 weeks because it would be easier. What about this is so hard to understand?

He still has to spend money, probably much more, to get the defense of the BK instead of hitting them in 5 weeks. I imagine it'll be the same end, but one option means 10 less shoppes.

- Empathetic,
[Jan 26, 2012 5:15:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

Well then enlighten us Chip, what is the way? Cairna's way seems pretty thought out.

Jesus christ dude, misreadx2. Neither Cabin nor myself were criticizing Cairna's move; a multilateral approach is the best possible way to go about the "No more Legacy at Kirin" objective. We were merely pointing out that Legacy's criticisms in this thread are completely baseless; if Cairna were only interested in Kirin itself, then this approach is grossly ineffective.

Edit: You seriously have to deliberately be trying to misunderstand the thread.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chiptharip at Jan 26, 2012 5:17:39 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 5:16:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

Jesus christ dude, misreadx2. Neither Cabin nor myself were criticizing Cairna's move; a multilateral approach is the best possible way to go about the "No more Legacy at Kirin" objective. We were merely pointing out that Legacy's criticisms in this thread are completely baseless; if Cairna were only interested in Kirin itself, then this approach is grossly ineffective.

We still don't understand chip....
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jan 26, 2012 5:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

No, I read it, I understand what they're trying to do, I understand there are many ways. However with that said, I do believe that of those ways, this way is the best one we have available to us. Forgive me, but I don't think I quite understand what you're trying to say though with the approach being "ineffective."

- Empathetic,
[Jan 26, 2012 5:25:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Keepyaheadup insinuated that Cairna was organizing this just to get an easy blockade to take Kirin. This is a silly insinuation considering the extra effort and investment it would take as opposed to just waiting 5 weeks. It's not a matter of availability of options to everyone that's chipping in to help the effort but the availability of options to Cairna were he really just motivated by the desire to take Kirin.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Jan 26, 2012 5:29:53 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 5:29:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thisis50

bcuz it wuld make more cents for knockout to blokade the isle after the 1 moth brake if they rlly only wantd the isle in the 1st place but ensted they r blokadin to stop legacy frum keepin the isle bcuz legacy wiill only build shopees and that is bad for isle so they would rather bk hav isldn so they r doin it 4 good of oceen

edit- wat he sad abov me LOL
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thisis50 at Jan 26, 2012 5:31:29 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 5:30:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

Keepyaheadup insinuated that Cairna was organizing this just to get an easy blockade to take Kirin. This is a silly insinuation considering the extra effort and investment it would take as opposed to just waiting 5 weeks. It's not a matter of availability of options to everyone that's chipping in to help the effort but the availability of options to Cairna were he really just motivated by the desire to take Kirin.

Yeah, I got that, I think I missed that we were still referencing what Keepya said. My apologies, we're all in the same boat.

- Empathetic,
[Jan 26, 2012 5:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Hahah. This thread has given me hope for the future. You guys are all so brilliant. :)
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 26, 2012 6:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sdafda

Good luck. Sadly, it's only 2 strength.
Sdafda on Sage

Jerich flag royalty chats, "This is why we have no friends.
[Jan 26, 2012 7:32:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

We of Heisenberg's Uncertainty wholeheartedly support this effort with ships, poes, supplies, jobbers, and blockade staff who will be at the helm of our ships closely co-ordinating with all others.

The reason: We do not like Legacy's BK-scuttle shielding, event shielding, and constant hypocritical moaning and whining.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Jan 26, 2012 8:53:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyubi74

event shielding.

Oh yes Nearly forgot this one.

It is good to see the ocean coming together over this, In every Ocean there are flags that make "Bad Decisions" But when that flag keeps making Bad Decisions it turns them into a Bad Flag. And legacy are outrageously bad.

Make sure you remember to put up your event shields while coming to kade me on sage...
Kyubi
- Captain Of Ninety-Nine Problems -
- King Of No Apologies -
-Emerald-

Ky
=Captain Of Glad You Came=
=Member Of Knockout=
=Meridian=

Kyubi you have earned some massive respect from me - Yaruto
[Jan 26, 2012 9:16:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thisis50

wat dose event sheld meen?

thx
[Jan 26, 2012 10:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redfly

1) are event and scuttle shielding ways of having 'fluff' (event and BK) blockades prevent player flags from dropping chests? if so what are the specifics? A lot of these modern tactics are not on the wiki which is frustrating.

2) i will be jobbing with the BK allies to save kirin!

3) titan?
Redfly
Puzzler ahoy, cap'n!
[Jan 27, 2012 2:58:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karal5

Good luck to all those flags who wish to 3P.
And since this is (hopefully) done for enjoyment as much as the wherewithal for the ocean from a particular point of view, let it not be done because of Whiterose and her drama. Whether from a Legacy win or a Skull splitter one.

Absit Invidia pirates!
Nag, Illi
[Jan 27, 2012 3:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

I heartily endorse this service!
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[Jan 27, 2012 4:44:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Thisis50 wrote: 
wat dose event sheld meen?

Event Shielding
Governors can schedule events on the islands they rule to hold events or practice PvP. During the week this can be done within an hour. On a weekend the governor has to schedule this 2 weeks in advance, because during the event the island cannot be blockaded. Most events are 1-3 hours long, involve some shooting or bumping or poe-making activity shared by many, and are a lot of work for the flag organizing it, usually without much profit to themselves.

Legacy frequently schedules the maximum possible 7 hour long events on weekends for the sole purpose to prevent other people blockading them at that time. Legacy frequently schedules such 7-hour events without doing anything. Another such event was scheduled last week for the next week at Kirin. It is perfectly legal, but somewhat shady.

Brigand King Shielding
Any royal of an island-ruling flag gets a a "scuttle-the-brigand-king" button after a brigand king is defeated. This will trigger a blockade by the brigand king. It closes the island for one weekend to PvP blockades.

After many people on many oceans complained about brigand kings being too strong (not on Viridian, but the same game mechanics apply to all oceans), the brigand kings were made very weak (especially on Viridian). A few flags such as Legacy (there are others) exploited this to close their islands to blockades for a week or two. Again, it is perfectly legal, but somewhat shady.

Summary
The reason that some pirates (self included) frown on these island shielding tactics, it prevents activity, it abuses rights and access to game content that island-ruling royals have to benefit them at the expense of a larger ocean population. To me it indicates poor sportsmanship.

Legacy's use of these blockade-shielding tactics is particular obscene, because they like to project an image of themselves as a blockade-loving flag working hard to encourage more blockading. They do not, their flag's actions over the last 6-12 months showed again and again that self-centered greed, arrogance, and ignorance describe and explain their actions much better.

EDIT: Wording.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Jan 27, 2012 5:12:16 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 5:04:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Don't feed the trolls, Sver. Though I do like the bit at the end.

edit: Where's Avienda? I love this thread, I want her to have fun too.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 27, 2012 5:17:42 AM]
[Jan 27, 2012 5:17:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Of course, theres also the idea floating around that the deconstruction of cades into 2D affairs is just as damaging if not much more so than sheilding.
Pretty post though.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 27, 2012 5:18:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates