• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 105
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9517 times and has 104 replies Next Thread
glittertjess

*Intent to save the grass of Kirin - An open letter*

Hello Viridian,

I'm sure most of you are aware of the actions being taken by Legacy at Kirin recently. Lets discuss it for a moment. Legacy has given us enough evidence that they'll continue to pave and drop shoppes non-stop just because they can, which is perfectly fine as they own these islands. However, most of us feel it is indeed terrible to build at this rate. With them scuttle-shielding Kirin and merger on 31st, they have 4-5 weeks to buld 8-10 more shoppes and I doubt there would be much grass left (if any) on Kirin at this rate. I'm not even sure if they can drop 8 shoppes without dropping on spawns either. Needless to mention, the taxes are at 100% which is a strict rule of their large island governance policies. At this point, when I ask myself if Brnyhild is a better governor or Legacy, I only get one answer - Brynhild. Whether you are a merchant, an independent carousing pirate or a political pirate, I am sure most of you would feel the same. Kirin has a well-balanced economy and has been the best player-run large island for a while on the ocean. It is at a huge threat right now and we have a small chance to preserve it, read below for exactly how.

Teamwork:

Alot of flags have been looking to help the BK win at Kirin this weekend. However, such an effort needs to be backed up by majority of Viridian and well-coordinated to be pulled off successfully. The BK is very weak, a mere 2 strength. Regardless, we have organized a team to help the BK take over. Without mentioning flag names at the moment since its not that important, we're going to be thirdpartying from various flags and co-ordinate on the board to sink Legacy ships only and protect the BKs even at the expense of sinking our own frigs. We will not be shooting the BK intentionally. If you're interested in thirdpartying, please hit me up in game so we can co-ordinate better.

FAQs:

Is this doable?
Yes, it is and the only way this is possible is by pulling a huge amount of supporters for the cause. We need jobbers & jobbers, alot more than Legacy. If they manage to fill a few frigs, its a lost cause. So, this is going to boil down to jobbers and we'll pay more than Legacy obviously at the end of the day, but if it can give us a chance to save Kirin, I'm down for spending PoE.

What do you want us to do?
If you're supportive of this cause, please help us spread this message and do not job/puzzle for Legacy. Come job with any of our thirdpartying flag and make good PoE.

Is this movement just for making your political face better?
Absolutely not. There are alot of people down for supporting this cause and we'll be spending alot more PoE than Legacy will be just for preserving Kirin.

Blockade info:
Starting pay - 2000/seg
Sinking - Yes
JCs - There will be quite a few since multiple flags will be jobbing, so check the notice board later.

Other promotions:

1. Tax rebates - If the BK manages to win Kirin, they will be taxing at 100% (Hey, its not like Legacy is taxing any less but anyway). Whiterose has offered to refund stalls/shoppe owners the taxes from her own pockets for the entire period BK governs it!

2. Ocean-wide tourneys - I'll throw 200K tourneys daily for the next seven days (Whatever the free carousing puzzle for that day would be) to celebrate the win.

3. Bazaar deeds - Some of you may feel deprived of your bazaar deeds if Legacy fails to defend. I'll be handing out free Labby bazaar/bank/commod market deeds to make up.

So, I have decided the governor I'd like to see at Kirin during the 1-month break. What's your choice?
----------------------------------------
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Jan 26, 2012 1:48:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fransalle

Re: *Intent to save the grass of Kirin - An open letter*

As i wont be able to make it. I have a few Frigs ported on kirin island. if anybody needs a Deed swap send Iwnabeu a tell.
Viridian
-----------
Iwnabeu
[Jan 26, 2012 1:52:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

I support the cause.Ill be there jobbing
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 26, 2012 1:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broska

You got my support
Broska
That guy... WHO RETIRED!
So now I just post every once in a while
[Jan 26, 2012 1:54:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keepyaheadup

Manipulation, war's favorite past time, present, and future time. All you want is the islands, Legacy is in this for the people more then you think, we're not a bunch of morons like everyone thinks, we already expected you to interfere, after navving for us a few weeks ago. Also Sir, you're pathetic, stab every ally in the back you have left before your time runs out.
Keepyaheadup/Troncat on Meridian

If you try and troll me i'll make a pterodactyl and roll off into the sunset.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keepyaheadup at Jan 26, 2012 2:13:43 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 2:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fransalle

Manipulation, war's favorite past time, present, and future time. All you want is the islands, Legacy is in this for the people more then you think, we're not a bunch of morons like everyone thinks, we already expected you to interfere, after navving for us a few weeks ago. Also Sir, you're pathetic, stab every ally in the back you have left before your time runs out.

This thread is to Save Kirin. Not about KO (even though they will be participating obiously)
Viridian
-----------
Iwnabeu
[Jan 26, 2012 2:20:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Broska

Manipulation, war's favorite past time, past, and future time. All you want is the islands, Legacy is in this for the people more then you think, we're not a bunch of morons like everyone thinks, we already expected you to interfere, after navving for us a few weeks ago. Also Sir, you're pathetic, stab every ally in the back you have left before your time runs out.

They are in it for the island but for the the time its at 100% taxes they will be refunding it? And what people are you discussing? The 10 people who benefit from the new shoppes? Onlt people who gets helped is the people selling and the person buying the shoppe. The ocean as a whole suffers. This isn't a attack on the people in legacy its just the fact that Legacy's govenorship isn't what by far the best large there is on this ocean needs. No offense but let the royals who own and run the island speak in there own defense.
Broska
That guy... WHO RETIRED!
So now I just post every once in a while
[Jan 26, 2012 2:21:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Footnote:

Pick your dominoes wisely.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 26, 2012 2:21:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thisis50

ya go knockout woooooooooooooooooooooooo

edit- oops i spelld knockout rong LOL

and ps i hope legacy defends and not pull out LOLOLOL
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thisis50 at Jan 26, 2012 2:26:17 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 2:24:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ohelloder

If Cairna was in it for the islands he'd not go around spending money trying to help a BK win. You do realise Cairna isn't getting the island right? The BK is going to. Or did that escape your genius of a mind?
He is only trying to stop the mad-shoppe-dropping rush that your flag leaders are undertaking.

How is dropping 2 shoppe's a week on an island which has so far been maintained so well by the previous governors 'being in it for the people'?
Groo.
Bible.
[Jan 26, 2012 2:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I don't think Keepyaheadoutdabutt understood what this is about; this an ocean wide effort to stop a flag thats wanting to drop 2 shoppes a week during the merge break, no one is in it for anything, no one is getting anything out of this matter of fact we are all putting our ships at risk and spending our PoE when we get nothing in return.
Roseh

[Jan 26, 2012 2:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

If Cairna was in it for the islands he'd not go around spending money trying to help a BK win. You do realise Cairna isn't getting the island right? The BK is going to. Or did that escape your genius of a mind?

Ohhh the irony of simple minds on the attack
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 26, 2012 2:33:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Love this and whoever came up with this idea applaud you.
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Bastards
[Jan 26, 2012 2:43:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keepyaheadup

He is only trying to stop the mad-shoppe-dropping rush that your flag leaders are undertaking.

How is dropping 2 shoppe's a week on an island which has so far been maintained so well by the previous governors 'being in it for the people'?

Its an undermining issue, cairna wants everyone's support on this so she can win the island after the merge without any trouble or 3pds, is that not evident?

[Jan 26, 2012 2:45:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

I don't think Keepyaheadoutdabutt understood what this is about; this an ocean wide effort to stop a flag thats wanting to drop 2 shoppes a week during the merge break, no one is in it for anything, no one is getting anything out of this matter of fact we are all putting our ships at risk and spending our PoE when we get nothing in return.

I'm curious how you're planning on doing this without, by the end of the blockade, paying 9999? Hell, you'd have to max pay before the middle of R1. it's only a two strength, you don't need many sinks at all to kill that.

Unless you somehow manage to outjob Legacy 4:1 then I don't see you standing a chance.

Regardless, I will be there to observe.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 26, 2012 2:46:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Good Luck!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jan 26, 2012 2:50:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Oh we thought this through, we are willing to go to 9999 if needed but even at 9999 we need to be massive in the board; I hope for once people are willing to job for a cause and not the PoE because outjobbing is going to be key.

We don't expect it to be easy but least we can do is try.
Roseh

[Jan 26, 2012 2:53:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fifasmells

Its an undermining issue, cairna wants everyone's support on this so she can win the island after the merge without any trouble or 3pds, is that not evident?

I dont think you get the Picture, This is not a KO effort only...This is a whole group of people From many flags banding to make this happen and Asking many more to join in on the fight aganist the Asphalt Flag (Legacy) Cairna just posted the Intent. but if it was Whiterose or any of the other contributors, Would you still say the same to them, Or you mad because it was Cairna?
What A R.......R....Real bad joke. BTW Rose already paid her chocodebt

Now on Facebook!
[Jan 26, 2012 2:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Oh we thought this through, we are willing to go to 9999 if needed but even at 9999 we need to be massive in the board; I hope for once people are willing to job for a cause and not the PoE because outjobbing is going to be key.

We don't expect it to be easy but least we can do is try.

Awesome. Can't wait to see what happens.

EDIT: Just the fact that you said you're willing to go 9999 is going to bring in so many jobbers, it's going to be Stormy Fell all over again.

Cheers!
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Edit 1 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 26, 2012 2:57:37 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 2:55:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
Keepyaheadup

I dont think you get the Picture, This is not a KO effort only...This is a whole group of people From many flags banding to make this happen and Asking many more to join in on the fight aganist the Asphalt Flag (Legacy) Cairna just posted the Intent. but if it was Whiterose or any of the other contributors, Would you still say the same to them, Or you mad because it was Cairna?

I would say the same to anyone who tried to get the whole ocean against one flag, especially if that flag i am apart of. All warfare is based on deception, how do you know Cairna just wants Kirin? I get that no one but the BK or legacy will have it after this weekend, but im speaking after the merge, KO will try to get Kirin, i don't condone what my flag does but i have no say in it, im just here to take all the haters.

[Jan 26, 2012 2:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

If Legacy didn't want a shitstorm, they wouldn't do fuck-dumb stuff.

Feesh out.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 26, 2012 3:03:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Awesome. Can't wait to see what happens. EDIT: Just the fact that you said you're willing to go 9999 is going to bring in so many jobbers, it's going to be Stormy Fell all over again. Cheers!

Willing doesn't mean want to tho, ideally we will outjob without needing to outpay or hit the cap, this is why we aid everyone who feels the same way to job for us regardless of what pay is at; don't see this as a KO or RM effort because it's not, I'm sure there will be plenty flags to pick from just make sure it's not Legacy.
Roseh

[Jan 26, 2012 3:06:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keepyaheadup

If Legacy didn't want a shitstorm, they wouldn't do fuck-dumb stuff.

Feesh out.

They'd get a shitstorm anyways, because they have/had power.

[Jan 26, 2012 3:06:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Empatheticly

I would say the same to anyone who tried to get the whole ocean against one flag, especially if that flag i am apart of. All warfare is based on deception, how do you know Cairna just wants Kirin? I get that no one but the BK or legacy will have it after this weekend, but im speaking after the merge, KO will try to get Kirin, i don't condone what my flag does but i have no say in it, im just here to take all the haters.

Not that I like to go against friends, but you do understand, it's not about who gets it after the merge, it's about who gets it during the merge. All Cairna and friends are trying to do is explain, as she did in her beginning post, that if Legacy continues to hold it, 8 new shoppes will be built. What Cairna is trying to prevent is the further degrading of an island that already looks awful and overbuilt. She's truly in it for the people, whereas Legacy's past and current governing policies are tax at 100% and dropping shoppes as much as possible, because they make money. I don't think it's fair you have to take the fire of the entire ocean because you're one member of Legacy, nonetheless you will have to defend your flag if the royals won't.

Again, Cairna isn't about deception, she's in it for the beautification of an island that already looks like a turd. But as shown by Stormy Fell, and the fact that she does by "trophy" shoppes as they're called to sell them at a loss. I think even if she were to win it after the merger it would still be better than Legacy holding it.
I do what I can, when I can.

- Empathetic,
Still playing, here and there.
[Jan 26, 2012 3:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Every flag with power takes shit, though Legacy takes more than anyone else because its entirely undebateable that the decisions made have gone beyond the realms of idiocy and are now somewhere in the murky depths of mind-numbing fuckwittery. I'll provide you with back-up information in /tells if you so wish.
Elfeesh

[Jan 26, 2012 3:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Keepyaheadup

Not that I like to go against friends, but you do understand, it's not about who gets it after the merge, it's about who gets it during the merge. All Cairna and friends are trying to do is explain, as she did in her beginning post, that if Legacy continues to hold it, 8 new shoppes will be built. What Cairna is trying to prevent is the further degrading of an island that already looks awful and overbuilt. She's truly in it for the people, whereas Legacy's past and current governing policies are tax at 100% and dropping shoppes as much as possible, because they make money. I don't think it's fair you have to take the fire of the entire ocean because you're one member of Legacy, nonetheless you will have to defend your flag if the royals won't.

Again, Cairna isn't about deception, she's in it for the beautification of an island that already looks like a turd. But as shown by Stormy Fell, and the fact that she does by "trophy" shoppes as they're called to sell them at a loss. I think even if she were to win it after the merger it would still be better than Legacy holding it.

Cairna navved for legacy like two weeks ago, that is deception, if he really was for the people he wouldn't have done that in the first place, if legacy is so bad, why did cairna help us? Just wait until Cairna owns viridian because everyone listened to everything he preached. This wont be a one time ocean against a flag thing with KO, i can almost guaruntee that.

[Jan 26, 2012 3:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

You must have missed the part where everyone collectively cock-blocked Cairna at Stormy Fell I. This isn't about "omfgz I so jel of Legacy cos they r gud so ill teem with cairna and we'll win!", its a lesser evil thing, to an extent. Just because the ocean is uniting this one time, doesn't mean Cairna will have perpetual support from everyone involved forever. People are far too fickle for that.
Elfeesh

[Jan 26, 2012 3:16:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ohelloder

Just to clear things up, Cairna navved for Legacy only with the mindset that 'the enemy of an enemy is a friend'.

He didn't do that to either suckup to Legacy as a friend or any other 'deceptive' reasons.

Also, like Whiterose said, this is not Cairna alone doing it, its a bunch of like-minded people who don't want a beautiful island spoilt due to the unrealistic actions of a few of your flag leaders.
Groo.
Bible.
[Jan 26, 2012 3:23:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
glittertjess

Cairna navved for legacy like two weeks ago, that is deception, if he really was for the people he wouldn't have done that in the first place, if legacy is so bad, why did cairna help us? Just wait until Cairna owns viridian because everyone listened to everything he preached. This wont be a one time ocean against a flag thing with KO, i can almost guaruntee that.

I naved for Legacy as a one-sided support with no favors in return for that particular weekend only. It was clear that KO & Legacy won't work together in the future. Your royalty team knows that better, so just stop making ignorant posts. The bigger part of the reason for naving for Legacy was merely because KO left AoD (so called SMA) due to several reasons, some of it being similar to what we're complaining about Legacy. We chose the lesser of the 2 evils for that weekend. I also naved for Apple Core for the same reason.

None of us are really concerned with who owns Kirin in the future, whether it is KO or any other flag as long as the island is being taken care of properly.
Cairna
Monarch of Knockout on Meridian & Emerald
[Jan 26, 2012 3:25:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Dear people of the Viridian Parley

As much as im in Legacy i will be really glad if you stop of doing alts to follow me where ever i go.

I said polite Good Luck but come to this mates dont seem a bit to much?

If is ok with you all i will go editing and posting the alts :-)
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Jan 26, 2012 3:55:19 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 3:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 105   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates