• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5992 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Fixated

Challenge: ISSUED. [4 Weekend Emerald Event Spectacular!]

Hai Hunter! I present to you a: TL;DR (main points are bolded):

Squinting slightly through the smoke, Erics could tell there was something different about the Admiral inn. He dodged his way around the random dead body and passed-out pirate (honestly, he couldn?t tell the difference this late at night).

Stopping to grab the next round for his flagmates, he noticed that the a few difference faces at the bar he didn't recognize. He tried not to stare as he pushed the PoE for the drinks across the dirty surface, picking up the glasses and headed for his flag's normal booth. Putting the drinks in front of each respective owner, he pulled up a chair and sat down, joining the conversation.

"Lots of new pirates here tonight," he said neutrally, tilting back his glass.

"Aye, the ocean merger brought over a lot of new folks, they all seem rather nice though," Missyfiercer said, sniffing at her rum.

Mirit surveyed the bar thoughtfully, frowning slightly, "They don?t seem to be talking to anyone much, though. I mean, we don?t bite. Well, most of us," she said, looking pointedly at Eric.

"IT WAS ONE TIME!" Erics shouted, slamming his mug down on the table, "I mean, you guys DARED me to do it, she didn?t catch rabies or anything. I think. Anyway, it's all your fault, Mirit, you know I can't back down from a challenge."

The girls rolled their eyes while Cartrunner patted him on the back, chuckling, "Actually, I think she did have to go get her shots after that..."

Viktoriah cleared her throat, glaring at the boys, "?If you two are done, I think we should focus at the issue at hand. The oceans have been merged now, we want the pirates here to feel at home and at ease.?"

"Well, we could do events," supplied Mirit helpfully, "Blockades will be turned off for four weeks, we can always provide them with something to do during that time.?"

"FLOTILLAS!?" Emerlaus shouted, hopping on a nearby table and dancing a jig.

"Mirit," Anatheil whispered under her breath, "When exactly are we having that intervention again??"

"Not soon enough," Laslo said, sighing as he watched Emerlaus be dragged away by a rough-looking barmaid.

"Moving on, maybe we should have a string of events? I mean, as Mirit said, we have four weekends without blockades, might as well do something fun! Maybe...Atlantis trips and such??" Jenx suggested, stealing Emer?s full glass.

Mirit considered this as she finished her drink, "We could always try-"

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED," Erics shouted, standing, "We will entertain our new Hunter friends for the four blockadeless weeks. We will show them how wonderful Sage people can be, we will wine and dine them, and we WILL get the yes!"

"Fine, fine, Erics. Just sit down!" the flag groaned, almost in unison.

"TOO MANY THINGS TO DO, MUST GO NOW!" Erics shouted, grabbing his hat and racing from the inn.

Challenge Accepted has decided to entertain the wonderful Emerald pirates with a few events to keep us all busy during the blockade-less weeks.

Listed below are a few things we have in mind. This is just a basic outline, there could be more added along the way. Each Sunday, an additional thread (I know, but there are a lot of events!) will be posted which has the event details as well as the forum event for that week.

First Weekend (Feb 3-5) FIRST WEEK POSTED HERE!
-Forum Event
-Saturday: Double Frig Atlantis
-Sunday: Scavenger Hunt (this will take place before Twisted Parallax's genius whisking party and end in time for you to attend that).

Second Weekend (Feb 10-12)
-Forum Event
-Saturday: Drunk Frig Cit Run
-Sunday: Race Across the Ocean(s)

Third Weekend (Feb 17-19)
-Forum Event
-Saturday: Bakeoff
-Sunday: Event Blockade/Real Blockade (depending on the island status of NOI at the time).

Fourth Weekend (Feb 24-26)
-Forum Event
-Saturday: 24 Hour Atlantis Run
-Sunday: Tournaments, Box Auction (kind of a nonevent, hence the tournament supplement).

Notes about the Atlantis/ship runs in general: there will be trivia (both Hunter and Sage), random giveaways, and PoE bonuses on each of these runs. Yay ocean mergers!

SMALL PRINT: These times/dates/events may change up to two days before each event to accommodate other flags/other plans in general. We're open to other ideas/conversations with other flags in general, please do not hesitate to hunt out Jenx on Sage to speak to me about any of the above. <3

Edit: ZOMG COMMAS EVERYWHERE
----------------------------------------
Jenx
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Fixated at Jan 30, 2012 5:38:33 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 7:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Re: Challenge: ISSUED. [4 Weekend Emerald Event Spectacular!]

Viktoriah cleared her throat, glaring at the boys, ?If you two are done, I think we should focus at the issue at hand. The oceans have been merged now, we want the pirates here to feel at home and at ease.?

Is this why Laslo was kicked out of BoS?

Aye, the ocean merger brought over a lot of new folks, they all seem rather nice though,? Missyfiercer said, sniffing at her rum.

Ye tell Missyfiercer, "Can i make fun of you on the forums?"
Could not tell Missyfiercer: {1} "Could not tell Missyfiercer: That user has been disconnected for 4 minutes." BOO

-Saturday: Bakeoff

Anymore information about this?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Jan 25, 2012 7:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laslo2

I left blades of sage myself, i did not get kicked out. but please keep it to the event topic. send me a PM if you want to talk about it
Laslo

Revealing personal information about another player is against the forum rules, including revealing ban evasion.
Ban evasion should be reported to the OMs using /complain.
[Jan 26, 2012 12:25:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Is this why Laslo was kicked out of BoS?

Laslo, sweetheart, they've found you out! But no, not really.

Could not tell Missyfiercer: {1} "Could not tell Missyfiercer: That user has been disconnected for 4 minutes." BOO

I don't think you should underestimate Missy's niceness, she could out-nice a nun. Holding kittens. At a charity event.

As it's a few weeks away I'm a tad bit undecided, but I've always wanted to an EXTREME BAKEOFF ELIMINATION EDITION where we put a bunch of people on a ship and plank the one with the lowest sail each DR until only one is left standing. If no one can talk me out of this idea, I think it will be the one we go with.
Jenx
[Jan 26, 2012 5:31:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

I don't think you should underestimate Missy's niceness, she could out-nice a nun. Holding kittens. At a charity event.

Haha but shes sooo nice

As it's a few weeks away I'm a tad bit undecided, but I've always wanted to an EXTREME BAKEOFF ELIMINATION EDITION where we put a bunch of people on a ship and plank the one with the lowest sail each DR until only one is left standing. If no one can talk me out of this idea, I think it will be the one we go with.

Ew so only 1 puzzle? );
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Jan 26, 2012 6:53:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Ew so only 1 puzzle? );

Nope, the ship will have all the normal stations. What I had planned was to put everyone on a ship (or two, depending on interest) and then have them station. Enter a nonsinking flotilla/event blockade, start the puzzling. Each DR, plank the person with the lowest station on each puzzle. Maybe?

Also, week one has been posted here ! <3
Jenx
[Jan 30, 2012 5:38:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

The elimination bakeoff has been done before I believe. The one I can remember had a ship being swabbied. The first LP was a warm up, but after that at each new duty report the bottom person was planked. This would take a lotttt less time than waiting for each break in a flotilla.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randomact at Jan 30, 2012 5:49:11 PM]
[Jan 30, 2012 5:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

The elimination bakeoff has been done before I believe. The one I can remember had a ship being swabbied. The first LP was a warm up, but after that at each new duty report the bottom person was planked. This would take a lotttt less time than waiting for each break in a flotilla.

^that, definitely not entering if i have to wait 18 segs to win a bakeoff
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Jan 30, 2012 7:55:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_mover34

^that, definitely not entering if i have to wait 18 segs to win a bakeoff

Link to an oldddd bake-off for ideas.
their, there, they're I always confuse which to use.

Mr Mover
[Jan 30, 2012 8:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates