• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 31
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12638 times and has 30 replies Next Thread
Iameric

Why is this happening?

The Xebec and Brigs both had below 15 people. My friend Jackie Chan and I had a very similar reaction to this situation, and the worst part is, this happens almost daily
----------------------------------------
Iameric - Meridian/Emerald - Bacon Strips
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Iameric at Jan 25, 2012 10:00:06 AM]
[Jan 25, 2012 9:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Derko

Re: Why is this happening?

Hi, welcome to Viridian, you must've come from Mala? If so, would you like your free tour now?
[Jan 25, 2012 9:51:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    masterchief585@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

remember you need to edit the name's of the people on the scrennie if you didin't ask for them permission
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Jan 25, 2012 10:34:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

remember you need to edit the name's of the people on the scrennie if you didin't ask for them permission

O RLY? Where is that said? Chat logs are not permitted with names. If people said something, then you have to at least obliterate their names. But I don't see where names have to be censored just because they appear in the game.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jan 25, 2012 10:37:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

Yeah Eric, you must not have known that, coming from your hole in Malachite. Let us show you the ways of our forums by telling you rules and insulting your origins!
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jan 25, 2012 10:37:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

You probably only got annoyed at this because you wanted to load one yourself, though, so it's okay. It wasn't your fault.
Hey.

It's not your fault :)..
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 25, 2012 11:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

It's getting to be a real problem in recent weeks. For my mil runs, they've taken hours longer than they should have because I'm getting overjobbed by 100 other runs. When the oceans merge there are a few steps we can take to correct this.

1)A thread like this which denotes good pillagers/Atlantis runners.

It will help at least those of us on the forums determine who runs good runs, and who's are less than great.

2) This is more of a personal thing, but if you're loading first, and someone is overjobbing you for the same map, sink them. It's a practice I'm going to start using, and is probably the most direct way to deal with the problem.

My biggest qualm with the link on Sage is that it's hard to find a specific navver in there. If I create the thread, I'll try to update the original post as best I can with a link to post made by someone making the review.
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Jan 25, 2012 11:04:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

It will help at least those of us on the forums determine who runs good runs, and who's are less than great.

Mkay, might be good to give people insight in who to job for, but it could have it's downsides aswell. Player who excel at something in YPP nowadays, got there trew hard work and lots and lots of practice.

Now with that in mind. Let's say Mr. ABC runs his first ever Citadel run, but he get's sunk before entering the Citadel. He will get a bad review and people will point and laugh. Chances are he will probably never fill a ship again, or atleast not with players who are decent at some of the puzzles.

Plus praising those who run Atlantis trips 24/7 because they have nothing better to do wont help either.

2) This is more of a personal thing, but if you're loading first, and someone is overjobbing you for the same map, sink them. It's a practice I'm going to start using, and is probably the most direct way to deal with the problem..

Battles over citadels and triketos spawns, I like it.
Shadowie on Obsidian
[Jan 25, 2012 11:52:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

Or we could implement a 1 ship per grid mechanic where if a secondary or tertiary ship enters the safe zone a battle sequence is initiated.

The active ship on grid would have a yes or no dialog box. If they accept, the two ships are enveloped in citadel like protection and pulled into a swordfight. The loser has their SMH chart dust on the spot. The other ship can keep on keepin on.

If the active ship refuses, a 30 minute timer starts where they can continue on the grid for the duration and are forcefully removed to the LP when time runs out and are unable to trigger a reentry for two hours. The ship that initially triggered the battle sequence gets dibs.

This will piss so many people off that only the diehards and the pros will want to try to fill a ship.
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Jan 25, 2012 12:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Iameric

You probably only got annoyed at this because you wanted to load one yourself, though, so it's okay. It wasn't your fault.
Hey.

It's not your fault :)..

I would have liked to run something, but coming home and seeing that, no thanks
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Iameric at Jan 25, 2012 12:51:15 PM]
[Jan 25, 2012 12:50:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

It has been like this for four years..

Only going to get worse when Malachite joins and they all come out thinking they can run frig SMH. Brace yourself for 10 loading at a time.
Captainrich
[Jan 25, 2012 9:28:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

It has been like this for four years..

Only going to get worse when Malachite joins and they all come out thinking they can run frig SMH. Brace yourself for 10 loading at a time.

Greatness.
Better than you.
[Jan 26, 2012 12:35:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

2) This is more of a personal thing, but if you're loading first, and someone is overjobbing you for the same map, sink them. It's a practice I'm going to start using, and is probably the most direct way to deal with the problem.

Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazarath at Jan 26, 2012 2:07:47 AM]
[Jan 26, 2012 2:06:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kovpeter9999

There is nothing wrong here, You gotto get used to how to job on viri. Only thing that saddens me that people have no idea how to load a successful one, and job random people. Yes that waste us time, since a few good people get there too. But enough connection and you know 90% of all the ones that matter.

We still managed to outjob all those people, more then one time. I just want people to have patience for waitin, since I job selectivly, I check what stations we need, what sf they have, test sf em for no fakes. No fuckin random jobbin as most do. (Yes we have around 90%+ win cit rate.) And if You want to do cit run, check if anyone already there, or come with same ship as me. Let's play fair.

Xpirate
[Jan 26, 2012 3:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sardinez

Or we could implement a 1 ship per grid mechanic where if a secondary or tertiary ship enters the safe zone a battle sequence is initiated.

The active ship on grid would have a yes or no dialog box. If they accept, the two ships are enveloped in citadel like protection and pulled into a swordfight. The loser has their SMH chart dust on the spot. The other ship can keep on keepin on.

If the active ship refuses, a 30 minute timer starts where they can continue on the grid for the duration and are forcefully removed to the LP when time runs out and are unable to trigger a reentry for two hours. The ship that initially triggered the battle sequence gets dibs.

This will piss so many people off that only the diehards and the pros will want to try to fill a ship.

And people keep asking why this game is dying? Players who have 5-6 years of playing experience have no room for newbies whether as a jobber or someone trying their hand at smh.

Just because you are better doesn't mean that you naturally have loading rights over a newbie. Smh isn't all about the same old navers. If you have difficulties, load a CI.

Newbies are annoying, they laze, ship hop when you loses a SF, that's how the games work. Well, find a solution.
Greatness said:"I said "we" because I was also part of that blockade team at the time. So yes, I kicked ass too. There's some reality for you."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sardinez at Jan 26, 2012 4:08:41 AM]
[Jan 26, 2012 4:07:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

And people keep asking why this game is dying? Players who have 5-6 years of playing experience have no room for newbies whether as a jobber or someone trying their hand at smh.

Just because you are better doesn't mean that you naturally have loading rights over a newbie. Smh isn't all about the same old navers. If you have difficulties, load a CI.

Newbies are annoying, they laze, ship hop when you loses a SF, that's how the games work. Well, find a solution.

Not that I care too much about SMHs, and I'm quite exclusive myself with crew reqs/pillages, but, that's actually a nice post, Sardinez!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 26, 2012 4:14:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nanalorna

It's getting to be a real problem in recent weeks. For my mil runs, they've taken hours longer than they should have because I'm getting overjobbed by 100 other runs. When the oceans merge there are a few steps we can take to correct this.

My biggest qualm with the link on Sage is that it's hard to find a specific navver in there. If I create the thread, I'll try to update the original post as best I can with a link to post made by someone making the review.

lolz
why you dont do million run on sage?
and if you are so good like you say,why brisky put his face on NB for you?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nanalorna at Jan 26, 2012 7:52:07 AM]
[Jan 26, 2012 7:51:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
skater9029

lolz
why you dont do million run on sage?
and if you are so good like you say,why brisky put his face on NB for you?

1) I havn't done that in months, and that was originally done to create a reputation for me here.

2) I never said I was good.

3) I don't do mil runs on Sage because I have no reputation there.

Edit: I also play on Viridian, why would I load on Sage?
Joncole
On all oceans.

Fixation officer chats, "I can ride the small ones, but the big ones scare the living crap out of me"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by skater9029 at Jan 26, 2012 9:15:55 AM]
[Jan 26, 2012 8:43:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fresnokush

Just because you are better doesn't mean that you naturally have loading rights over a newbie.

I'm not really sure why you quoted me in that. I have plenty of room for them.

My last three crews were greenie-friendly and I gave a free sloop to new officers after his/her 25th supervised battle (despite lots of resistence from my SOs, and the OMs banning my fleet). I've lost allies because I often favored younger flaggies over allied navvers in kades. Even when I was super evil bad man, greenies were still an essential part of my plans, the only asterisk being the fact that they were basically blitzkrieg bombers and had no idea what they were running into.

Anyways. Your message is strong and has merit, just be careful who you aim it at. :)
Twiggy is dead.
He flies spaceships now.
Blame Three Rings.

"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order,
a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fresnokush at Jan 26, 2012 8:53:38 AM]
[Jan 26, 2012 8:50:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Maybe if Mala is smart, all their SMHers will become SMH hunters. Add some non-mechanic dynamics to the game.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jan 26, 2012 10:01:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Iameric

Hi, welcome to Viridian, you must've come from Mala? If so, would you like your free tour now?

There is nothing wrong here, You gotto get used to how to job on viri

Xpirate

Just as an FYI, i've been playing Viridian for five years now and April will make it 6. I'm plenty aware on how jobbing here usually is, and this is NOT the norm. It's both the fact that there were only 600 people online at the time for these many ships as well as this many runs are loading at the same time that lead up to bad news for everyone
[Jan 26, 2012 2:08:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

I pretty much moved to the forums when the noticeboard turned into the spamboard. So it really isnt THAT unusual.
LoLune

[Jan 26, 2012 2:12:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

I pretty much moved to the forums when the noticeboard turned into the spamboard. So it really isnt THAT unusual.

Stop kidding yourself, you moved to the forums before you even knew what Puzzle Pirates was.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by M_Cobain at Jan 26, 2012 2:41:33 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 2:41:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Don't hog all the obvious retorts Marto, the dumbos wont have anything to say :(
LoLune

[Jan 26, 2012 3:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Maybe if they actually made SMH harder than a walk in the park we might have less people loading...
Captainrich
[Jan 26, 2012 5:03:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

Don't hog all the obvious retorts Marto, the dumbos wont have anything to say :(

You're just terrible.'

That is all.

FYI: It's a fine line between being clever and being retarded.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Edit 2 times, last edit by killinfisher at Jan 26, 2012 5:43:03 PM]
[Jan 26, 2012 5:41:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

You're just terrible.'

That is all.

Im sorry, you wanted attention too?
LoLune

[Jan 26, 2012 6:15:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
killinfisher

You're just terrible.'

That is all.

Im sorry, you wanted attention too?

Yes please.
Former Good Grief, Outcast member.

Gypsyjayne tells you,"Parley is actually latin for "Mock Verlool here."

IGN: Derpweasel
[Jan 27, 2012 5:19:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    nevertall [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

When you drink chocolate milk, does that make you pee faster or slower than when you drink a coke?
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jan 28, 2012 6:33:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Slower. Everythings faster on coke. I mean with coke.
LoLune

[Jan 28, 2012 6:39:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 31   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates