• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1561 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Laundry9

Puzzle Pirates Community Research Reply to this Post

Greetings!

I am conducting a study that is observing how people interact with one another in video games, in particular, Puzzle Pirates. The purpose of the study is to see, from the perspective of players, how interactions work within the game, and if these interactions are shaped by the rules and structure of the game. This includes interactions with players, and the game community. I need volunteers that are at least 18 years old I can interview and ask questions about the game, its rules, and interactions you have with other players. The interview will last 45-90 minutes and be tape recorded via Skype/Vent/Phone call. If the prospect of an audio interview bothers you, we can also use the game's chat service to do a live chat interview as well. The interviews will also be open ended, meaning if you want to talk about something I didn't bring up, feel free to talk to me about it!

If you are interested or have any questions for me, please post a reply in this thread or send me a private message through the forum services. I look forward to discussing this game with you!

Thanks,
Landorf, Hunter Ocean
[Jan 25, 2012 9:33:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Re: Puzzle Pirates Community Research Reply to this Post

I can help you out. (Somewhat coloured by the high-end game and political interactiions, though.)
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 25, 2012 9:35:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tilinka

I would be happy to help. :)
Tilinka, Emerald
Perilous Puppet
Artsy Stuff
[Jan 25, 2012 10:37:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.perilouspuppets.com    Tilinka    3569427 [Link]  Go to top 
Perambulator

I would be happy to help as well. I played years ago under a different name and have recently rejoined.
Perambulator

Captain of Sharpened Spokes
King of Perambulation
Cerulean Ocean
[Jan 26, 2012 9:00:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laundry9

Thank you all for you responses! Things have been busy for me, so I will try to contact you all within the next few days! Thank you again so much for your helpfulness!!!
[Jan 26, 2012 1:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chiptharip

You should check this out. Lots of YPP players from the past were pretty nerdy intellectuals; various aspects of YPP (from gender dynamics to political theory) have made it into various academic papers.
[Jan 26, 2012 1:28:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squishat

I'd be glad to help as well xD
Hellogoodbye says, "Squishat - Pro rock sinker."
on Emerald

===
[Jan 27, 2012 3:34:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

I'll be happy to help too! You can reach me at quitex@live.com
Quitex, everywhere.

Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Jan 27, 2012 11:28:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

I'd be happy to help
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Jan 28, 2012 4:27:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laundry9

This is amazing! Having been a player of Puzzle Pirates off and on for so long, I knew that the community was always so friendly, but seeing people in action willing to help is really reaffirming my faith in gaming communities. Again, I will get in contact with people with more details this week, and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Landorf on the Hunter

edit: put in the wrong ocean name >.<
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Laundry9 at Jan 30, 2012 7:34:57 AM]
[Jan 30, 2012 7:33:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

If I pretend to be 18 to get an interview, does that contribute to the study?
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Jan 30, 2012 8:22:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Catcritter

I will help you out.

Catcritter
[Jan 31, 2012 9:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    clcritter.geo [Link]  Go to top 
Catcritter

I will help you out.

Catcritter
[Jan 31, 2012 9:26:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    clcritter.geo [Link]  Go to top 
labourt

If the prospect of an audio interview bothers you, we can also use the game's chat service to do a live chat interview as well.

Audio doesn't bother me, it just doesn't seem as convenient as inviting everyone to your house at the appointed time. Meeting in game would be more like meeting in person. Plus, the game will generate a transcript in real time.

And, yes, I will be there if I know when and where the meeting will be.

Just a labourer on Meridian
[Jan 31, 2012 10:42:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Laundry9

Thanks again to everyone who came out to try and help and support me. Unfortunately I am full up on participants at this time, so if you have not received a message of confirmation from me, I am sorry :( However if someone needs to back out at the last second, I will keep in touch with people!

Thank you again for your warm welcome and willingness to help everyone!

Landorf
[Feb 1, 2012 10:25:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I'd be glad to help as well xD

You would
Gneiss on all Oceans, Huntard

Aug 12, 2011

Av by Diagram
[Feb 2, 2012 10:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates