• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10090 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Auntyjinxed

Farewell Malachite,we'll miss you ***Events to send Mala off in style***

Farewell Malachite Events

To celebrate the fun our ocean has brought us, I am going to host a series of events over the last few days of the ocean. These events are open to all the ocean, and I hope you find an event that you like the look of.
I am sorry for the short notice.

Quiz Night in the back room of Salt Inn - Thursday 26th January at 2pm Gametime

Malachite Jeopardy will take place on Sunday, and to get our 3 contestants, there will be a quiz open to all. There will be PoE for the first right answer and special spot prizes. Scores will be kept where the 1st correct answer gets 3 points, the 2nd correct answer gets 2 points and the 3rd correct answer gets 1 point. Answers must be sent in tells to the quizmaster. If you wish to be a contestant on Jeopardy, please make sure you are available for it on Sunday.

Bumper Boats Saltstraum Rock - Friday 27th January at 3pm Gametime

This event cade is set to non-sinking, non-removal and no cannons and for sloops only. However you can ram each other and cause damage, and you still need to win points to win the cade. There will be one round. The winning sloop will receive a sloop!

Saturday 28th January 2pm Gametime

If there is no blockade, then either an Atlantis SMH or Haunted Seas or Large boat pilly will take place with spot prizes.

Pub Crawl Party Starting at Drogeo Inn - Sunday 29th January at 12pm Gametime

(If there is a Blockade then this will be pushed back to Monday)

Let's enjoy the drinking spots of Malachite. In each Inn, there will be a game or challenge with prizes to win. Join us from the start or part way through, your company will be appreciated. Starting at Drogeo, we will crawl to Celesta, Chelydra Cove, Chrysalis, Salt, Nightshade, Fugu, Acanthaster Spits.
There will be a boat able to job you to the island on the noticeboard.

Malachite Jeopardy Chelydra Inn - Sunday 29th January at 1.30pm

As part of the party our 3 contestants from the Quiz Night will do Jeopardy Malachite Style. With the chance to win PoE and the title of Quiz Champion of Malachite, there is all to play for. Be in the audience for a chance to scoop some PoE if they do not get the correct answer.

The Great Chat Circle of Malachite Mu Tambu - Sunday 29th January during party

Once we have plenty of people we will go for the challenge of forming the biggest chat circle Malachite has seen. Niobetha has scoped out a prime piece of land, and will oversee formation of the chat circle. Screenshots a plenty will be taken, and maybe our record could be used for future challenges.

Commodities Sloop Race Salt Rock - Monday 30th January at 2pm

Bring your empty sloop to Salt with your team of up to 4 (can be 1 pirate and 3 bots or 4 pirates; please note if you have a greenie, then you must fire a bot to keep the number at 4) You will be provided with cargo, and charted to a destination island. You must race to the island, but sell your commodities en route. The winner will be the one who made the most PoE after deductions for remaining stock are made, and also deductions of 10 PoE for every whole minute behind the first to the island is. Come take on a challenging and fun race

Any questions regarding the events, then please ask - it is best to send me a tell in game for a quick answer.

Please come and support these events

Auntyjinxed

Cross-posted from Parley - because I am a muppet and put it on the wrong forum!
----------------------------------------
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Princess of Smoke & Mirrors
Meridian Ocean

Avatar by the phenomenally talented Yumisa
[Jan 25, 2012 12:19:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

The Great Chat Circle of Malachite

Due to Niobetha being unavailable on Sunday, I am moving the Great Chat Circle of Malachite to Friday at 4pm (ish) game time - just after the Bumper Boats Event Cade

Please come along to Mu Tambu - we will be jobbing a boat to get you there, and please listen to instructions!

Sorry to those who now cannot come, and for those that do come I will be handing out some spot prizes.

Questions to Auntyjinxed in game preferably

Auntyjinxed

Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 26, 2012 11:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

Re: Quiz Night

Quiz Night was a great success thanks to all who attended. The scores were as follows:

Wayfarer 36
Mrjsparrow 33
Ions 20
Hrhamanda 16
Teulisch 13
Rakuso 9
Cheesestick 8
Devilxwife 8
Grybeard 7
Clydebonnie 6
Blogy 6
Aubrey 6
Lottiez 5
Polycarp 4
Unca 4
Strongtower 4

Wayfarer, Mrjsparrow and Ions are invited to play Malachite Jeopardy on Sunday at 1.30pm gametime, with Hrhamanda as a reserve..

Please join us for the next events

Auntyjinxed

Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 26, 2012 11:34:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

Re: Quiz Night

ty for running this it was great fun last night :)
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Jan 27, 2012 1:38:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

Re: Farewell Malachite,we'll miss you ***Events to send Mala off in style***

Just a note for next time. I would suggest putting removal/elimination on next time. I wouldn't have even entered if I had known it was turned off. ( I know you had put it in your bumper boat event section, I guess I had just failed to read it).
I find it better, and more fair, so that ships can't take advantage of this situation shown in this screenie. The flag is set by rocks, so they can sit there the whole round without being knocked out or even knocked off the points, which I think is unfair.

Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Jan 27, 2012 3:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

Just a note for next time. I would suggest putting removal/elimination on next time. I wouldn't have even entered if I had known it was turned off. ( I know you had put it in your bumper boat event section, I guess I had just failed to read it).
I find it better, and more fair, so that ships can't take advantage of this situation shown in this screenie. The flag is set by rocks, so they can sit there the whole round without being knocked out or even knocked off the points, which I think is unfair.

Hey Tango!

I agree, perhaps elimination would have helped some aspects but I can assure you the boat in the circle was me and I did not sink at most damage was about 65%

PD
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Jan 27, 2012 4:37:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

That was his point.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Jan 27, 2012 4:42:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
oopoorah

That was his point.

Ions The point that you point out is about obstacles rather than 'elimination' I did not come close to sinking.
Twinkie?
PoopyDog
slave to Plu
Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
Effective Immediately
[Jan 27, 2012 4:54:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Thanks everyone - The chat circles(s) was a lot of fun for me and I hope for you too. Here's a nice shot.

[Jan 27, 2012 6:12:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tangosueno

That was his point.

Ions The point that you point out is about obstacles rather than 'elimination' I did not come close to sinking.
Twinkie?

The point isn't that you didn't come close to sinking, the point is it should've been allowed either way to make it easier. Whether people were trying to sink you or not.

Most people already knew you couldn't be eliminated by ramming a ship to death, I'd say thats why you only had about 65%. I only figured it out halfway through the round. (Arris would've sunk by me and steve ganging up on him :P *shakes fist!*)

On a different note, thank you guys for hosting these. You've been doing a great job. Mala peeps for life, yo.

Tangosueno in the Meridian~~
Gallo says, "I barely ever have to move it myself anymore"

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Tangosueno at Jan 27, 2012 7:34:21 PM]
[Jan 27, 2012 7:10:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

Bumper Boats

A highly entertaining watch for me, and I hope fun for the participants too.
Flags were found initially, but then Niobetha put in the first bump (for which her crew won prizes), and suddenly a group of bumpers formed. It was wondrous to see the sheer determination of Steveurnot as he took on Arris, then Poopydog, in fact anyone he could bump he had a go at, and for being the bumpiest ship on the board, his crew won prizes. Now it was down to the points from the flags. The early flag sitters accumulated points quietly, but Arris was disturbed by the banging on his rear end and had to leave his points. Arris was also doubled up on by Steveurnot and Tangosueno and so remained off points for quite a while. The Carpe Diem ships were getting points in the middle of the round, as were Your Worst Nightmaster ships. Argosy fell on some points occasionally and in the last quarter Orcinus Orca accumulated some points. However, throughout the round, one ship sat quietly on points, got bumped, found another flag, and sat there until virtually the end of the round. Angx and crew won the sloop and other prizes for most flag points

Thanks to all who took part - you made the event. As to Tangosueno, I take your point about the non-removal, I thought it might provide a twist, but it did make it difficult to know who should have sunk. Lesson learnt for next time
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 28, 2012 7:18:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

The Great Chat Circle of Malachite

Immediately after bumper boats it was off to Mu Tambu. Jobbing started to get people to the island. An initial burst of numbers found a circle quickly made, but oh no!, there was no way to enlarge it after 28 people. However, a compromise was made and a second circle started. People kept joining steadily and we were soon up to a third chat circle, and with a mini flood of people we reached over 70 and 3 beautiful rings!

Thank you to everyone who joined in - we were amazed by how many turned up.

So the gauntlet is now laid down - can Meridian create a bigger set of rings - maybe we should go Olympic with appropriately coloured clothes!!!
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 28, 2012 7:26:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atoms12123

That was his point.

Twinkie?

What's with you and twinkies? I've never had a twinkie in my life, if you're trying to suggest that it's my favorite food.
Ions
Captain of the Pimps at Sea.

Avatars by Inghild, Yumisa ...and Imp.
[Jan 28, 2012 8:33:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Atoms12123    Atoms12123 [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

Sunday Events are postponed to Monday

Due to a blockade on Sunday, I am postponing the party to Monday, including Mala Jeopardy. If the cade finishes quickly, then I will hold the commodities sloop race on Sunday.

The party will start at 12pm Gametime on Monday. Mala Jeopardy will be held at a time convenient to the contestants. A rundown of the party events will follow shortly.

Sorry, hope you can make it Monday

Auntyjinxed
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 28, 2012 12:33:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Auntyjinxed

Pub Crawl Party Monday starting at 12pm gametime in Drogeo Inn

The Pub Crawl Party

We will be moving from inn to inn, sometimes we may just do a tourney in the inn before moving outside on the island or on a ship, other times we will pay games in the inn. A selection of games follows, we may not get to play them all but I definitely intend to do the Mini bake-off. I have a pool of prizes which vary in their worth – it will be pot luck as to what you win.

Hide and Seek

1 person will have 1 minute to hide somewhere on Malachite (must be on an island, not on a ship or in a "locked" building, and definitely not on the docks) and the others will go seek. If one of the seekers finds the hidden person, then they must trade or challenge and the hidden person must send a tell to Auntyjinxed with the name of the finder who has won. If after 10 minutes the hidden person is not found, they will win the prize.
If you do not have an island or you do not have a whisk, then Kernow will job for the island. However there will be a delay with this way.
We will play 2 or 3 rounds depending on time.

Musical stations

All participants start in the crows nest. At the whistle, the players must take a station that has been shouted out (eg rig stations). All those who do not make it to a station within the countdown are out. The remaining players return to the crows nest, and a shout and whistle for the next station given, which again must be occupied by the end of the countdown. This continues until only one player is left, who will win a prize. Please note, you will be given a shout eg all to sails and then you will have a corresponding whistle (Need more sailing). Do NOT move until the whistle - you will either be sent back or disqualified if you do move before the whistle. If you make it through to later rounds in the game you may be given an individual order, again wait for the shout and then the ship wide whistle before going.
Please note: This game shall be played in port so no stats will be affected.

Pass the Parcel (Similar to hot potato apparently)

All pirates taking part must stand together in a big circle. A parcel is traded to one pirate who then must trade this to the next pirate in a clockwise direction. The parcel will be found at the bottom of the furniture section in booty. No holding of the parcel for longer than necessary should occur. Trading continues clockwise until the "music" stops - which someone who cannot see the activity will shout. Whomever has the parcel can then open it, and keep what is inside. There will be a total of 3 rounds

Guess Who

Go to http://argosyflag.weebly.com/guess-who-2.html# for the play sheet (which you can print out if you wish).
There are 20 pictures of pirates taken from their info pages. One pirate picture will be chosen to be guessed. Pirates will take turns asking questions which can only be answered by a yes or no eg Are they carrying something in their hand? Depending on the answer you can eliminate the pirate cards. By canny question asking you should be able to eliminate all the pirates but one. When you think you know the answer send a tell to Auntyjinxed, and the first person with the correct answer will win.
Please note, hats do not include masks nor wigs.

What's gone missing?

A room on the ship will have many items within it, which you need to study and try to remember. The room will be plunged into darkness and one or more objects removed. The person who sends the "Quizmaster" a tell (ie tell Quizmaster) with the correct object(s) removed will win a prize.

Speed Poker Tournament

We will create local tables of 10 with a bid of 2-20, a turn time of 20secs and 2 times the pot maximum bid. All players will need a 20 poe buy in. You have 10 minutes to make as much poe as possible.
If you run out of poe, you may NOT rebuy. There will be no completion of hands at 10 minutes. The winner at each table will go through to a final of 10 minutes where the person with the most poe at the time will win the prize.

Mini Bake Off

Get on board the Grand Frigate and hurry to take your favourite station, hopefully it’s your best station too. Unfortunately gunning will not be available. The GF will deport and go into battle, but with no need to fight the enemy you can concentrate on your puzzling. For fifteen minutes puzzle hard, and the DR on disengage will determine the winners – basically whoever is top of their station. The winners will win 10k and a pick of the prizes once we get to port.

Any questions, please ask

Please come and join the fun.

Auntyjinxed
Auntyjinxed

SO of Immortal Pirates
Meridian Ocean

[Jan 28, 2012 7:07:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates